New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground IC

"If the new-old gods have ruined their own playground, that they wished to leave it... I will not let them do the same to ours. Yes, I will fight them."

Kaern pauses a moment, then speaks again:

"On the matter of war, I will decide for myself whether it is a bad thing. Tell me of it."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

"And when we stop them, destroy them, then we follow them into their world and fix it."

3. - Top - End - #63

Kaern stares at Elimanishon in shock.

"We... we could do that, couldn't we? A Second Playground, and we can fix it... But not yet, and not soon. The Playground was given to our care, and I will not leave it unfinished or unbalanced"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua'Hi turns his head to look back at Kaern

"A voice of reason in the midist of the Playground. We must focus on our world, in its fledgling and fresh birth, not try to repair a world that others have ruined in hubris
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The burning Void bursts outward. "This thing. War. It has questions. I burn. No more." with the Enigma's fires go back into his burning prison forever still.

-----------------

The flameborn priest not given a praise nor a condemnation builds more to his temple. A thing never seen in the world. Never before had a place been built past to keep the sky water from putting a flameborn out. This was to be there to honor his deity.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hrmm. Then let us not fall into 'war' among ourselves... May those who try to raise it be thrown into the sun and purged!"

7. - Top - End - #67

"Conflict is needed, let us show restraint when it comes to such. Such things can spawn yet unforseen, should we deny such things to our Playground?"
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well you're right... Let us stumble upon war for ourselves. And when the time comes... we'll just move on to the next world?" His words crackle in the void.

9. - Top - End - #69

Xiua'Hi simply shakes his head and turns out to stare at the void

"We should not allow such hubris to infect ourselves as well, but each to their own desires."
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed, earthen one. At least," he grins with fiery teeth, "I will have good seats."

11. - Top - End - #71

"One day, I hope to visit the Second Playground, and fix it should it be truly broken. But the Playground is my home, and it shall always be. I will leave stewards in my stead, and they shall care for the Second.

Ultimately, such speculation is rash. We do not know the Second Playground is a broken thing. Perhaps the war gods were driven off, instead.
    "

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xam closes his eyes and listens to Tanner.

"War... it is a thing that can kill even gods. It is a thing that could destroy entire worlds, entire Playgrounds. It can be stopped by another war or by a single mortal. It is an odd thing. It is powerful."

Xam sighed harder.

"We have a few months before Varr comes. His Playground is now a land dominated in an odd substance called steel, keeping his people in things called chains, which are like vines and creepers made by mortals from steel. And the priests rule with iron fists. And it is odd. And strong. And we must use war to fight the war."

Xam looks at the others. "This makes little sense. I know. But what scares me most are the followers of these gods. One looks like the eels of Nessius' realm meeting my spiders. They are called Neogi. Another look like halflings made of mountains. They are called... dwarves. And the last are like big halflings, as large as a lupin. These are called humans. These are fearsome creatures. And we must either stop Varr and his brethren from bringing them or convert those that cross over to us."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile.

A small caravan formed of few members of the mortal races of the continent finishes a long march through the harsh environment, all o fit to reach the blighted Deadlands.

There, a lithe elven figure kneels in the gray grass, and lets loose a prayer, an epiphany of malevolent words, other cultists behind her bow and make the same prayer quietly, while weeping and screaming voices escape wagons behind the cultists.

Their prayers are answered shortly, as a featureless giant walks from nowhere, heading to the group, one of the dreaded Nightwalkers.

And thus, under the command of Saaire No'iel, begins the first march of the cult of Eul, their wagons full of food for their lord, full of agonizing sacrifices to be made before his (un)holy envoy.

And in a horrid celebration spawning days, the gray, dead grass feeds and turns red on the blood of innocent victims.

And Eul, in his home, lashes his tail, covered by thousands of slavering maws, against the trapped souls of the sacrifices.

Who knows what horrid gifts might have been bestowed on this coven? Let's find out, at another time.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Ooulzoth found an area that would have to do. He started to form a swamp in this abandonned area from playground.

He transformed a enormous area into swamps, bogs, marches and primordial pools. It was gigantic. One would have to travel for weeks to walk around it. But it didn't end here. For Ooulzoth had twisted the land, so it could drive a mortals mind insane.

Though one could travel around it, it was impossible to travel through it, with any hope of reaching the other side. The reason for this was that Ooulzoth had created a plane of infinite size, that was in fase with a small area on the actual playground.

This means that if you would travel to far into the swamp on playground, one would unknowingly travel into the infinite plane that Ooulzoth had created.
    The plane itself consisted of endless swamps, marches and primordial pools and seas. The further you would enter it, the more toxic the athmosphere also would become. At the centre of the plane there is a large primordial ocean, where Ooulzoth usually resides.

(22AP = 25AP - 3AP: create plane: Endless swamp)
    (Edited)
    Last edited by Ooulzoth; 2008-07-03 at 04:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

"War, steel, humans, dwarves, and neogi... It is all coming, and you say we cannot prevent it. Then we should be ready. If war stops war... then we may make steel to stop steel, and mortals to stop mortals. For surely, chains are not all that may be made from steel, in the same way that vines are not the only plant. The mountains halflings interest me... I had been considering a harder race of mortals. I will turn my efforts to making my own 'dwarves'."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're 13 hours early, Ooulzoth. 6 PST is when we get new AP
    Last edited by tsuuga; 2008-07-03 at 07:12 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Xiua'Hi watchs the gathering, nodding only slightly before speaking

"If this war is sure to come, then i will craft those which will fight in our realms. I ask only for a token of power from each of you here, and our guardians will be crafted from the best of our powers."

With that Xiua'Hi walked away from his fellows, to the Dark Home of Eul, a large shining gem in hand

"Eul, Lord of That Which Walks Twice, i seek a meeting with you, I come with no hostile intent"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-07-03 at 05:24 PM.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

"Then speak already, Sleeper."

Nice title, took me a moment to get it, however, that's what I get for reading while half-asleep.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #78

Xiua'Hi nods, extending the crystal out

"The other gods speak of invaders to our Playground, Second Walker. This impacts you, the same as all of us. If we no longer have a world, your shadow shall fade away, and there shall be nothing to consume. This egg is not a bribe, it is a show that i am neutral in the petty arguments of our Playground. But i come before you, in your realm, to ask a small expenditure of your divine essence, to create a force to maintain the integrity of our playground, so that you can continue to devour, and others can contiune to create"
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm, well I must be off. Can't stay tied down for too long here. Preparations are required, defenses to be wrought. If you have need of me, you'll know where to find me." He departs to the sun.

When he gets there, he travels to a point half a mile* from the sun's angry surface*. Upon his arrival he sets out to create a place for his petitioners to reside; he casts the walls of a massive cubic structure from permanent walls of force. The overall presentation of the temple in the sky is to be a metaphorical lens upon which the passion of the sun's radiance is cast down on the world below; every petitioner, victim or purveyor of untamed radiance, adds to the kaleidoscopic canvas.

He has specifically laid out a spot to place exemplary passions. This is by the wall closest to the world below, opposite the only entrance to the cubic temple which points towards the sun.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

* = Umm, Enigma, how far up is the sun?

Well the world might not be round, but it's a conceptual map. And I assume the prison for Enigma isn't in the sun per se, but what I seem to be getting is that it's essentially an incarnate of his anger and the Burning Void (to which it can act as a portal once a year? mortal time or god time?)?
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-07-03 at 06:03 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Innis, might I suggest some extra punctuation?

A patch of solid Darkness which can only be the end of Eul's tail takes the gem, raising it to the elvel of the only sources of (faint) light in the entire plane, the dark lord's eyes.

"You wish my help in the creation of another of our kind."

A massive hand raises in the dark, coalescing the void around it, and turning it into the silvery energy of Eul's manifest will.

"Make it worth of my expenditure, Xiua'Hi. Least I consume my power back."

The orb of energy floats towards Xiua'Hi, cold to the touch and glowing in a weak and eerie way, as fitting of anything that came from Eul.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #81

Spoiler
    Show
    Would help, its what i get when typing right when i wake up

"Do as you wish with the egg. As for the expenditure, to save our world from the deprediations of others, i shall forge a guardian force from the energies of those willing. A buffer of sorts. And once we have driven off these invaders, i shall hand them over to all of you who seek to squabble, so you do not harm the Playground in your battles."
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So... Egg of what?

"I wish no squabble with our kin, only to subdue my hunger."

Eul carefully manipulates the egg, wondering.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #83

"Then it is decided. Then do we have ourselves an agreement?"

Spoiler
    Show
    A crystal dragon
    My Current Works

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes."

The energy orb floats before Xiua'Hi, ready to grant the required divine energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    How much do you need? One?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #85

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok nvm, wont take points to get Frigs in, 1 will do fine

Xiua'Hi takes the the single mot, bowing low

"Thank you, Second Walker. I will update you on my work when it is done."

With that Xiua'Hi returns to the Astral Void, calling out as loud as he can

"Fellow's, a moment of your time if i may?"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-07-03 at 06:57 PM.
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma in his Burning Prison sends vibrant waves of flames throughout the Void, strings of fire send messages to the other Gods. "I am Enigma. I Burn. I say No War. War is forbidden. War is not the answer. I will not be involved. I stay in my Burning Prison." The flames flicker and fall back to the originator. The Burning Void itself flashes with the massager. Only the Gods in the Void would get Enigma's message. (Cast Sending x 8)

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

27. - Top - End - #87

Xiua'Hi tilts his head and descends into the Flaming void, making a simple bow and offering forth a single perfect crystal

"He Who Burns, i seek council with you, in your prison."
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Void around Xiua'Hi flickers and molds itself. A humanoid with a burning mane around his head and ebony skin approaches Xiua'Hi, his booming voice seems to cause his mane burst and flicker "I am Enigma. You come. Speak." not even one word seems to be a question, perhaps an Order. The Burning Void itself flickers and bursts anytime a creature even thinks of a question.

29. - Top - End - #89

"As i have met with the Second Walker, i meet with you. You speak of the desire to subvert war, and i come with a plan. This egg((Same as Euls) is merely a token between us. I beleive, to truely side step the comming invasion, a buffer must be put in place. I ask for little, a simple expenditure of your divine essence to aid in the creation of this plan."
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma's mane flickers and hisses. "No. Do not do this. Avoid war with no war. I will not be involved." The Burning Void flickers threatening Xiua'Hi two chains made of fire wrap around Enigma and pulls him into the middle of the fire. He vanishes and in his place is a single box. The box has a single burning question mark. It becons forth questions. A booming voice echoes through the Burning Expanse "This is all I offer. Do not waste it."

(1 = 4 - 3 Create Artifact: Forbidden Puzzle Box.)

-----------------------------------------------

The Flameborn Priest on the world had waited years, praying to Enigma. Years and Years passed and the temple had been build to the best the priest could come up with. Enigma saw this work, feeling pleasure, and arrgovation he sent some of his essence down the Volcano Temple. The Volcano Erupts Destroying the Temple. In it's place a new temple forms. The Priest fused into the wall of the Main chamber, the huge temple as large as the Volcano itself. The whole of the chain explode at the same time destroying large amounts of Ocean.

(0 = 1- 1 Mold land: Ever-Erupting Volcano Temple.)