New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground IC

Xam swims to Xiua'Hi. He is covered in spiders.

"Yes, Xiua'Hi. What is it that you request?"

And Xam waited to listen.

And at the same time he stretch out his arms and grabbed a giant spider and devoured it.

And he felt stronger.

(4AP - 3AP (Raise DR) = 1AP. DR7 now.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua'Hi bows once more, letting the egg to drop into the Burning void and taking the box back to the Astral Void, setting it aside untill further use. With that he takes the single dark mote of Eul, and began to shape the Void into three shapes. The first was tall and thin, its face a mask of a grinning man with no eyes. The second was a womanly form, its face a mask with three eyes, each shedding a single tear. And the third was tall, and built with muscles, and its face was a mask with one eye, and half a mouth, its head toped with a crown. The assembled's skin was gray like the raining sky, and the eyes that gleamed behind the masks burned a dark green.

"And you shall be the Kings and Queens of those that shall protect our Playground"
    (3+1-2, Create Populos-The Qi{Roi,Vizar, and Caiseal}

And with the start of the guardians created, he turned to the world, plucking a single perfect vien of steel, the oldest tree, and the strongest Elf from the Playground.
    "And you three shall be the first of many to come, in the name of balance, you have all ascended"

((Moose Fisher, Frigs and Faithless you can come in now))

Xiua'Hi then turns to Xam, showing him what he had just made

"Creator Xam, as you see, i have created guardians of our realms, in time, i desire to make more, and request when that time comes, a small expenditure of your divine essence."

*The Hachi slowly begin to build great hives, hunting through the forests for food for their young, and forming deeper bonds with the dragons of their islands*
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-07-03 at 09:06 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

The newly ascended elf, looked opun his people with his large, glowing, yellow eyes. And he saw them working together, clinging to each other for survival. And he Saw the potential for so much more. So Dla reached down, far into the earth, and pulled some of the hardest earth, then he reached into the heart of the strongest and oldest tree, and he combined the two essences together, with a little of his own divine essence. And he took this glowing orb, and he implanted it deep into the soul of all elves. And Dla spook to them. "I have seen you, those who were born before the Sun, those who have persevered. And I have seen the potential for so much more. And so I have combined the essence of Life, and the hardest of elements inside you. You may tap into this power, to learn to control the world around."

((0 Ap=3 AP-3(create concept= Druids/Rangers) ))
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kaern sits in the Void, and he considers what he has been told. He hears Xiau'hi's message, and Enigma's. He sighs and stands - this will bear more thought later. He travels to Xiau'hi, and asks:

"What do you wish to say, Xiau'hi?"

5. - Top - End - #95

"Steadfast Kaern, you have spoken sense and wisdom in light of these dark tidings. To avoid this war, i have made these simple creations. The Qi, to protect us. But they are yet few in number, and ability. When the time comes, i ask you simply give a small portion of your divine essence to the creation of more, so that we need not fear the touch of war"
    My Current Works

6. - Top - End - #96

For the first time, Kaern grins. "Xiau'hi, you know just the words to say. Of course I shall do this thing. But, in return, may I ask a favor?"

7. - Top - End - #97

Xiua'Hi cracks the faintest of smiles and extends a hand

"Steadfast Kaern, you may ask anything of me that you wish"
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #98

"It is my intention to make a new race - those who live under the earth, and not upon it. In your domain, the vagaries of Elimanshon's seasons hold no sway. The caverns under the earth are safe places, and easily defended. I think they will be wonderful places to raise defenders of our playground. I ask only your blessing to do this thing."
    Last edited by tsuuga; 2008-07-03 at 09:26 PM. Reason: I can has grammar!

9. - Top - End - #99

Xiua'Hi nods once

"You have my blessing to use all that lies under the lands, so long as you balance your takings."
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #100

"Thank you, friend Xiua'hi. They shall take in balance, and not more than is needed."

Kaern clasps Xiua'hi's extended hand, and passes a mote of his divine power through the touch.

(AP 3 = 4 - 1(Transfer AP))
    Last edited by tsuuga; 2008-07-03 at 09:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon slouches in his invisible temple, looking down with divine eyes upon the world.

"Change? I do not like the prospect of war." In his hand is a bit of solar essence, which he folds in on itself over and over again absentmindedly. "What say you, keeper of scorched mysteries? We have always been rather distant from this playground. What if I were to lessen the distance a bit?" He smirks, pulling the piece of sunstuff apart with both hands into a much larger sphere.

12. - Top - End - #102

Flumph

In the Playground, life was given shape and purpose, volcanoes rose from the ground, deserts sprung into being and waves of dark power infused the land. The new gods poured their divine energy into the world, shaping it to fit their needs. Some of this energy was wasted, however. The new gods left a sort of divine residue when they performed miracles. This godly power drew together, it condensed, and suddenly, it gained consciousness.

It looked to one side and saw a great pillar of flame and lava spring from the earth. It looked to the other side and saw a great waste where darkness ruled and the unliving thrived. It looked up and saw a council of gods who planned for a coming invasion. And then it looked down. On the ground, tiny ants scurried in and out of the earth. Nothing got in their way, and in their tunnels in the dirt nothing could harm them. It did not want to see the living suffer upon the chaotic Playground. It reached down into the earth, deep down, and filled a cavern with many hundreds of ants. It filled them with purpose, made them intelligent, and made them serve a new master. The ants swelled in size, standing on two legs and gaining hands and fingers. It spoke to their minds. "My creations, I do not want you to live in danger and in fear. Do as I say and you will not. Forget yourself, live as one and you will not." Then it reached out and dug thin wiry tunnels through the earth. The new creations would live there. There were so many. It reached up and created a single spiraling tunnel to the surface world, so that one day the creations could venture there and face the chaos above. The displaced earth formed a huge anthill, a sign of the life below. And It named itself Cliktith.

((0AP=3AP-2(Create Populous, Athiks)-1(Mold Land))

Spoiler
    Show
    Well that is.. that is quite a lot more than I expected to write.
    Last edited by pyrefiend; 2008-07-04 at 06:29 AM.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage
    (Links both lead to ToB disciplines I made!)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma sends another message to Elimanishon this time as fire stoked into words before his face.

The message reads:

Spoiler
    Show
    Do not ask questions. I am Enigma. I burn. I do not interfere with other's plans. They do not ask questions of me. Do not ask questions.

You will assist me in creating. I will create a weapon to defend the playground. It too will burn as I. Understand.

Enigma, the Burning Question

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

And there, off in the distance of the night sky was a point. There seemed nothing special about it. And maybe there was nothing special about it. It would be quite fitting if it was simply selected arbitrarily.

The point split open, and began to bleed. Cracks grew, and grew. It was slowly at first. Perhaps somehow, the sky instinctively knew what lay behind it, for to an observer it might look as if in those moments it was struggling.

If that was the case, then the sky failed in it's task. Because the cracks suddenly expanded, into a small bright sphere.

And from that sphere came a circle, followed by another and another. Eventually, they would all vanish after a certain distance.

But, if one listened very carefully, they might hear something.

Laughter.

Spoiler
    Show

I was told I could post, under the assumption Destruction exists. It's been a bit confusing, and it's probably going to get more confusing now.

If someone has to spend some AP to make a Destruction Domain, assume this all happens later.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

15. - Top - End - #105

Ascending from the earth, tiny roots spiraling out of the ground, the earthy tendrils intertwined each other. Soon the object molded itself into the shape of a man. The tree like man with only deep voids where his eyes should be gazed out at the forest around him. He saw the broken forests of the wasteland, undead ravaging it.

I have awakened. Finally. My name is…hmmm…what is my name? My name is... Evadize and I have watched this place warp and perish.

The treelike man head outstretched seeing the horrors around. His old form, the tree that had spent its years rotting in the wastelands just barely hanging on was now rejuvenated into a lithe mobile form. Divine energy flowed through his veins.

This will not do. This place has been forsaken. I shall not forsake the land, as this place has. I shall create a haven…and a guard. A keeper of the glade who shall forever see its fortitude. A demigod to speak on my behalf to these…mortals.

The god touched a tree and quickly faded into its dying trunk. The deity soon appeared in an untouched piece of land. No mortals had ever been to this place. Here the trees were healthy. The thick bushel a golden autumn.

Here with the thriving life of everything I represent. I shall build my vision.

The golden autumn leaves in their divine beauty spun itself into a radiant female form. The leaves began to fall like trees do as unaware of time, Evadize watched the leaves fall off the forest. To him it was only minutes. However not only did the leaves fall off the trees but his creation began to fall apart.

No…

Soon all the leaves had fallen. All except for those around the figure in the shape of a golden dress hugging the creatures body. Where the leaves had fallen off light purple skin shone through. The creature’s hair was green like the grasses of the meadows.

A soft female voice spoke.

Hello.

A tear rolled down Evadize’s face and a small pool formed.

Hello. I am your creator. I am Evadize. I have watched and learned. I am the gifted student.

And who am I?

You? The gift of life is incomparable, child. You are Calypso. The visionary.

Spoiler
    Show

Will have stats for my demigod soon
    3ap-3(Begat Demigod)
    Last edited by Faithless; 2008-07-03 at 10:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fine then. No more questions. Times like these call for action, or a stoic lack thereof!" He blows across the mini sun and it hardens before shattering into many small flares. Eli dusts his hands off and stands up. He carefully picks up the little pieces and crushes them into an even finer dust in his hand.

A moment later he is outside the temple and looks up to the sun, still clutching the sun dust.

He channels a sending down to one of his high priests in the desert: "Look out, look up. Your god calls."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-07-03 at 10:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma watches the world, and sees the birth of the new Gods, Destruction, something he understands. And Plant, something he enjoys. A message must be sent, he sends a single Flameborn to attract the attention of these two. Inspiring his mind to go forth.

Enigma sends a message, question after question to a newborn Flameborn to make him strike with his fire.
    (Cast Sending)

----------------------------

A young Flameborn came out of the Solar Rift and walked the world. Hearing a Message from his God, he looked throughout the world and found a forest, and started burning it. Starting a forest fire here and there. Trying to attract a powerful entity to stop him. His mind ravaged by voices he can not understand. Questions racing in his mind.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

18. - Top - End - #108

What is this?

Evadize whipped his head east. He could feel something not right his very bones pained him. They...burned. His face sweltered with fury. Mossy limbs wrenching themselves into a fist. He gazed out towards the horizon. Smoke. Flame. Mortals.

This is UNACCEPTABLE. I shall seek council in the heavens. I have heard a name in the cosmos while I was unborn Calypso. A name that only brings one image to mind and it is this. It is flame. It is Enigma. I leave at once. Please protect the forest in my stead.

As you wish.

Ascending into the burning void Evadize rampaged full hurtle. Oh yes. Someone would pay for this tragedy.

---

Meanwhile in the other direction, the demigodess Calypso place her hand on a tree, and soon appeared just before the burning chaos.

Hello

She raised her finger tips gracefully, feeling the pungent stench of smoke and heat blistering her skin. She drew symbols in the air and clouds appeared overtop the forest, breaking out into showers dousing the flames. Through the woods however she could still see more flames dancing about in the distance. She didn't understand at first...

That's strange. A people made of fire.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma grins at the quick response, this will do. From deep within his Burning Prison he erupts forward. Flames dancing around his deep ebony form he grins at Evadize "You do not see. You are like me. I burn. You burn. We are Enigma. We are Evadize. We are one." He holds out a gem. "We destroy. We create. We destroy. We create. Never ending." he then handed the gem to Evadize "Understand." with that the chains of the burning void pull Enigma back deep into the heart of his burning prison.

-----------------------------

The insane arsonist flicks and intensify flames burning all he can see, summoning the creatures his God wishes to see. His flames burning bursting he shouts "Why is the sky blue? Why is the Grass green? When did time start? When is dinner?" again and again shouting less and less answerable questions.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, the object in the sky continues to pulse. That laughter had ceased for a time, but it seems to have begun again after the forests started burning.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Grammar Nazi attack!

"A person" or "People". Not "A People".

Eul stirred in his home, his hunger grew yet again, something was created, much was created, and not enough was tainted.

"I must... Feed."

These words reached the servants of Eul in the Playground, and under Saaira's command, they sacrificed another victim in ritual worship.

"Yes... Perhaps... I should grant them a boon."

Eul looked at the crystal egg, and gave it a bit of his taint, and engraved the tomb upon the newborn dragon's soul.

"This will do. Thank you. Xiua'Hi."

Eul's halberd moved and slashed the darkness, opening a black rift in the skies of the playground, and he threw the egg through this rift.

The egg traveled, and it's foul essence, mixed with the leaking entropy sent the taint all over the world.

The egg vanished from the airs, and appeared before the followers of Eul, ready to hatch into a new creature.

"The master sent us a gift! Praise the Shadow!" - Says Saaira, as the small dragon cracks it's egg open. A crystal dragon? Maybe, but wicked, it's flesh ashen and it's eyes black, and the stink of rot escapes the egg, a sweet fragrance for the twisted cultists.

"And what is this little thing. How can I name you? How about Orthos?" - The wyrmling faces her, and howls to the elf woman, approving the name.

"So it begins."

And elsewhere in the world, more of these beings were born, their skin ashen or pale white, and their eyes umbral dark, or milky white. Opposing the skin tone, but all of then sharing the stench of undeath, but alive in their own way.

(5 - 2= 3 Create Population, The Deadborn [Template])
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Crick!
    Crick!
    Crack!!!
    CRACK!!!
    BOOOM!

Looking back towards the sun after a brief glance over his shoulder, Elimanishon tosses the handful of dust into the sun with a wide sweeping arc. As each speck contacts the surface it erupts into an explosion. A chain of these blasts cuts across the diameter of the solar orb and there is a blinding light from the surface of the sun as it seems to detonate outwards.

Eli is caught in the wave of expanding fire and rage that blots him from the sky and rushes past him to swallow up the temple he had built in front of it. He does not brace for the impact but stares at its radiance with a smile. The sun surges out in all directions, the rage intensified as it seemingly swallows up the god.

In all, the size of the sun has noticeably increased and burns brighter than ever; tendrils of anger snake out from its edges and curl down back into it. The god is still submerged below the surface, but the temple sticks out from the closest curve of the sun; a beam escapes the doorway and is directed straight into the desert.

His priest far below watches for only a moment from his place atop an empty dune; in the next he has gone blind and his mortal form is seared. Yet in time he will be hailed as the highest priest to the sun god and revered for his destiny.

[3 = 4 - 1 AP, Nourish Land - The Sun -> Brighter]
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-07-03 at 11:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Flumph

Cliktith watched in detatched joy as it's Chosen People dug deeper and farther into the dirt. Every tunnel took them farther from the dangerous chaos above. Suddenly, however, Cliktith's peace was shattered. A wave of madness and insanity ripped through his being. Going to investigate, Clicktith rose to the overworld just in time to see a great rift in the sky rip open and let loose... something. A monstrosity.

Clicktith had noticed that some of his followers moved with greater purpose than others. They moved the other Athiks to do clever things, and it valued them for it. Clicktith went to visit these select few. " Chosen Athiks," it wispered, You are more intelligent then your kin. You are worthy of my favor. But I will not always be here to guide you and live in your minds. When I am not, you must guide the Athiks in my stead. If you should fail, then your species will fall. I am not unkind, but I cannot guide you constantly." Cliktith left their minds at that instant and left the hive to see what was happening abroad.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

24. - Top - End - #114

No Enigma.

The deity spoke not knowing if the flame god would hear.

We are two. And that. I shall ensure.

He turned his back leaving the burning void and heading for just the void. Home to the majority of the deities. On his way he rolled his bark like fingers across the gem. It was so strange an object. He had never seen a thing like this before. A gift from one who would promise him external agony?

Peculiar. However there are bigger things at hand than this...whatever this is.

His voice raising from the quiet murmur to a loud plea.

Xiua'Hi. My creator. Daimyo of Solid Testements. I seek your council.

25. - Top - End - #115

Spoiler
    Show
    The Grammar Allies counterattack!

People can also refer to an ethnic group or a group united by national identity, for instance "The American People", in which case it is a singular noun.

Kaern considered the race he would build. They would need to be small, to better fit inside a cave; but he would not make them weak. They would need to see without light. And they would need the fortitude to stand up to whatever may come. Kaern began to work.

He began with stone. He fashioned bones, and fixed them together into a skeleton. He placed a pair of emeralds in the eye-sockets, and he sculpted flesh out of clay. It was not a beautiful thing, but it was sturdy. Kaern made a dozen more, and then he gave them life. And immediately, Kaern knew he had made a mistake.

Kaern was no artist, and he could not make them graceful or beautiful, even had he desired to - but he had not known to smooth his fingerprints out of their clay. Their skin showed his fingerprints in fine lines of his own basalt, covering them from head to toe. He sighed. He would not unmake them; it was not his way, and it did not seem to harm them.

And so Kaern made many more dwarves, and he told them of their place in the world, and their responsibility to protect it. When he judged he had made enough, he sent them down to the playground, to caves he had found. He scraped off flakes of his basalt skin, and flung them into the caves - and each piece sprouted into a mushroom or a lichen that would grow without need of sun or soil.

Kaern retired to watch his creations.

(AP 0 = 3 - 2(Create Populace: Dwarf) - 1(Nourish Land))

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I decided the best way to do this post was from the perspective of some nameless mortal.

This will not do.

The sound is faint. But there is definitely words there. However, there seems to be something foreboding in the voice. Something utterly wrong. It does not belong.

But it's here.

This will not do!

It's louder this time. It wasn't so clear last time, but there seemed to be more than just those words. There is something in between the words. Which, perhaps, holds more meaning. Who, or what is this thing? What meaning is there in the words between words? Why is it saying this?

THIS WILL NOT DO!

It's screaming now. There is something horrible between the words! A violence against the mind lies there. They are things like words, but they are not words. It commits atrocity against words. They are atrocity! They must not be understood! It's power comes from being understood

Everything seems to be going red, and an image of something appears, as an intense pressure builds up. If this continues I know I will be sliced by it!

And just then... the words stop. As the red fades, everything returns to normal. The world is blues and greens and yellows and browns.

And suddenly a burst unlike those before came from the object. No words came with it, and it was if it's colour had changed slightly, and if looked at for a sufficient time, a slight headache would form.

This will not do.
    Is heard faintly as a new pulse of the new colour comes from the sphere.

Spoiler
    Show

Evolve "Physically"(Colour Change) (3-3 = 0)
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-07-04 at 04:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

27. - Top - End - #117

Xiua'hi heard the plea, and appered before the man of bark, stretching and bowing low

"Why have you called me Moving Forerst? What has you so distraught to ask for my council?"
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #118

Flumph

Cliktith watches the meeting between Evadize and Xiua'hi with interest. Perhaps not all forces in the world are as destructive as it had imagined.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

29. - Top - End - #119

Bowing back, the man's eyes were cold. His face was of coldness and solitude for such that of a newborn god. He was still and did not even raise his head when he spoke.

Great lord of the earth. I beseech you. I am lost. My young forests burn. Men of fire spread like a plague, these...creatures of Enigma. My demigoddess douses the flames but she alone is not enough. I fear when I build my material haven that it will only fall to cinders like the others.

I am one of the youngest gods. I seek your guidance Xiua'hi. Every tree set a flame causes me such pain.

The god barred a hand over his chest in agony as the rampant of fire seared within his soul. He could feel it like expanding as the flameborn got ever so more bold.

30. - Top - End - #120

Xiua'Hi simply nods, placing a hand on the pained god

"You must seek to make that which harms you, know that such an action will be paid in kind. When a fire burns, put it out and regrow. When a man of flames harms one of your creations, harm him back. Will these things cease? No, but they must not. If your creations do not burn, or die, then they will over run the world. But if you do not show strength in such times, you will cease to be."
    My Current Works