New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground IC

Hearing Evidize's request and Xiua'Hi's response, Cliktith drifts forward to commune with the other gods. Cliktith has no physical form and so for the first time makes his presence known telepathically.

There is wisdom in what Evadize says. The two of you do not know me but it does not matter. I have creations. Creations like Evadize has trees, and they are not safe. Not safe while the fire people burn needlessly. Xuia'Hi says we must fight, but I say why? Will they hear no reason? Do we know? No, I say no fight shall start until it must. Evadize, let us discourage the fire people. And if we cannot make them hear reason and stop burning the world, then we can fight together. Fight together and soon the fire people will stop. They will have no choice.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage
    (Links both lead to ToB disciplines I made!)

2. - Top - End - #122

Evadize raised his head and bowed again to Xiua'hi before getting up.

And who is this voice without a form? This whisperer who in like speaks within the confines of my mind. You speak of solving conflict with words. I like this idea.

Send your mortals to negotiate with the peoples of flames. If they are as violent and senseless as their master than let the fist of the woods rain down among their people. For every tree razed the life of a Flameborn shall be doused.
    Last edited by Faithless; 2008-07-04 at 12:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua'Hi shakes his head

"I have yet to say you must fight, merely that it is an option. I simply said you needed to take action against that which causes you harm. Violence is one method but many more exist."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-07-04 at 12:18 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #124

Flumph

I will have some of my people speak to the beings of flame. They will come to see that there are forces who would oppose them.

Cliktith returns to the familiar tunnels of the Anthill and enters the minds of ten Athiks without warning.

My followers. It is safe in these tunnels, but it may not be safe forever. Forces abroad may try to destroy us. You chosen few will play a part in stopping them. You may die. You may die, but either way, life or death, you will add to the glory of the hive. Go, speak to the surface world and to the men of fire. Tell them to stop their tree-burning and their world-burning. If they do not, further glory awaits.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ummm... we may have a problem. None of the races speak the same language.
    Last edited by pyrefiend; 2008-07-04 at 12:35 PM.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

5. - Top - End - #125

OldWizardGuy

Ramus stood in the Void wondering how he might aid the halfling races further. He decided that perhaps if he was a mightier creature, he would be able to defend them. Ramus practiced combat in the clouds for many days.(AP raise -4) Then, he caused the rain to pour into the land once again, making it more plentiful.(-1 nourish land)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

"Xam, I have decided that I will help you after all... Might I offer the sun as a beacon with which to rally the hopes of the Playground? I have made improvements on its power, feeding it with divine flesh."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-07-04 at 12:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

I must leave now friends. Thank you for your wisdom and council. I will withdraw Calypso from her tiring work. Hopefully we can resolve this issue before it gets out of hand.

Opening a small hole in the void temporarily, Evadize whispered through towards the mortal plane...

---

Take rest now Calypso. Take rest. We will resolve this issue with new allies.

I shall. Thank you.

Her voice trembled. Burn marks lay all over her body. She had been dousing flames for many mortal years now. Her work seemed endless.

Flames no more...I yearn to see a place of health.

Touching a nearby tree she found herself back at the place where she was formed. The tear of Evadize. She waved her hand and the ground began to shift, the land scape was changing. Massive waterfalls, exotic vegetation began to explode. Trees of amazing height reigned over the area. Flowers and life were amplified even more so than before.

This glade will be known as the Sacred Glade from this day. No fire shall ever be allowed within these grounds.

Making a bed of leaves. Calypso rests.

Spoiler
    Show

1ap-1(Mold land)
    Also usage of plant growth spell.
    Last edited by Faithless; 2008-07-04 at 02:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Ah. Yes. Thank you, my grandchild..." And Xam smiled at the sun god. "We need something to rally under. They have their vile flames that ruined thier Playground, and we shall have the divine light of your sun to protect ours!"

And Xam smiled wide.

And Xam touched his little statues he made with the help of his new advisor, Tanner, and made the Lung Dragons.

"Dragons of nature... of spirit..." And Xam cocked his head to the side. The larva, the Yu Lung carp dragons, swam in the oceans. And the beings wer so strong, their very maturity was instantaneous. Their cocoon was a bolt of lightning, and they became many forms, dependant on how they were as carp dragons.

Spoiler
    Show

The Chiang Lungs, or river dragons
    The Li Lungs, or Earth Dragons
    The Lung Wangs, the large turtle-like Sea Dragons
    The Pan Lungs, those long red Guardian Dragons
    The short rainbow-hued Shen Lungs, or Spirit Dragons
    The golden T'ien Lungs, or Celestial Dragons
    And the Tun Mi Lungs, dragons that flew over the oceans and created storms, giving them the name Typhoon Dragon.

And then Xam molded the land on the other side of the globe, creating another continent, almost as large, but more wide from East to West, and less from North to South. And he built large mountains in the north of the continent, and a large desert to the south, and a swampy area of the east.

"The first continent will be named Ramua, and the new one Xiua. And the island shall be Nessia. And eventually... I shall make another land mass for Enigma and another for Kaern. No offense to you, Elimanishon, but you have the sun."

And Xam sat and waited.

(0 AP = 3AP - 2 (Lung Dragons) - 1 (Mold land))
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2008-07-04 at 01:35 PM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

9. - Top - End - #129

Xiua'Hi turns from the other gods, back to Xam

"Forgive my inability to respond to you earlier, do you have a moment, Creator Xam?"
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #130

The glowing steel plummeted toward the Playground. It was of the earth, and wished to be part of it once again. It was falling and dimming.

Falling and dimming...
    Falling and dimming...
    Falling and dimming...

BOOOM!!!

A crater was formed amid the Burning Mountains of Enigma, and in the center was a shield-shaped, sharp-angled, metal mask. Its glowing eyes of blue looked about the torn and burning landscape. There was nothing there; it would have to wait.

The surrounding metal shards were pulled inward. Once they reached the mask, their surfaces were changed. They bent, twisted, straightened, chipped, shaved, and lined up around the mask. Until something came or happened, this was all it could do.
    (Making craft checks)

1ap=2-1(mold land (The Godfall Crater))
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

11. - Top - End - #131

"What is it, my rocky friend?"
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

12. - Top - End - #132

Xiua'hi moves his arm to show his masked creations.

"You see before you the first made to protect and balance. Several have given forth energies to help design these, and i ask you Creator Xam, if you would lend a small spark of your divine energies in the creation of more like thse?"
    My Current Works

13. - Top - End - #133

Xam closes his eyes and thinks.

"Very well. I suppose they could help stop Varr." And Xam handed a small spark to Xiua'Hi.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Gem that Enigma gave Evadize glows in the new grove. It glows green. Enigma's voice expelled from the gem "Give this thing power. It will grow a guardian." the gem crystallizes and forms into an egg of heated stone. A careful examination finds this gem to be in fact a Flameborn egg.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

15. - Top - End - #135

Xiua'hi turns to his newest creation, and with the divine sparks from Xam and Kaern he began to mold the Void into three new shapes. The first was smaller then the others, thin but with large hands, its mask mimicing a stoic man. The second was tall, with a single hand, the other arm a long needle like appendage, its mask was blank. And the third was of middle size, its head topped with a tall hat, its mask that of an elderly man. And the three other forms joined their fellows, and began to patrol the Astral Void.

(Create-2 Populous{The Qi-Junren, Keima, Bisyop)[4+1=5=2=3]
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-07-04 at 02:57 PM.
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #136

Flumph

The ten chosen Athiks traveled accross the land for a long, long time. They faced countless dangers and had even to pass through Eul's dreaded wastes. Four of them did not survive the journey. The six that did eventually found their way to a great forest fire on the other side of the continent. Knowing that this was a sign of their journey finally coming to an end, they redoubled their efforts and eventually found a few of the reclusive Flameborn.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The flameborn found by the insects are not feeling the burn of a thousand questions. They looks at the creatures "Hello, what are you? Who are you? You seem interesting. We are the Flameborn, I do not mean to insult you, please do not feel so. I want to know something. How are you to understand someone without questions?" he then grabs a stick and it catches on fire and burns away. "That is pretty huh? I like this fire stuff. It's calming. Do you like fire? Do you want me to give you some? Can you make fire too?" his friendly demeaner seems to be acquisitive but harmless.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

18. - Top - End - #138

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    The athiks' -2 Charisma means they don't make the best communicators... oh well

One member of the group of athiks steps foward.

"We come on behalf of Evadize and Cliktith. They say no more burning forests. Evadize is angry when his forests burn. Cliktith is worried for his athkis. They want to know what the flameborn say when I tell them this."
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The flameborn quirks his head his flames flickering in a quizzical faction. "Fire...hurts them? That isn't right, it feels wonderful and calms. Do you want some fire? Maybe you where thinking Ice, are there Ice born? Ice hurts...Fire calms you." The two hand the flaming stick to the Insect person.

20. - Top - End - #140

Flumph

The speaking athik looks around uncomfortably. Conversations never lasted this long in the anthill.
    "You do not understand. Fire hurts us. Fire hurts trees, and when it hurts trees, it also hurts Evidize. He wants you to stop burning trees. Cliktith wants you to stop burning so much."
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The flameborn's flames flicker "No, you must be mistaken. Fire doesn't hurt! It's calming and innocent! It's wonderful and gental. Here, let me show you." he points in a burned down forest. It looks like the ground is covered in rot and burned soot. But growing out of it is thousands of seedlings. "Wherever fire goes, and burns life thrives. The Burning Prisoner, our lord, knows this. We hoped Evadize and Cliktith knew this. Flame does not harm. It cures. It purifies. It protects our peaple."
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2008-07-04 at 09:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

A lone lupin, the adventuring priest Relk, wandered through the forest, the scent of smoke filling his nostrils. He wore the symbol of Xam around his neck, and carreid on his wrists the symbol of Elimanishon, the sun god, for when he needed to fight the Deadland creatures.

And he came to a burnt clearing, and saw people made of flame and giant... not spiders, but ants that walked like elves. And he stayed crouched low. He had left his riding spider tied up outside the forest.

He rustled in the bushes, and looked at the ash, seeing the new plants. Weak now, but stronger soon.

And Relk watched the peace treaty. He would wait to see how this turned out, but he would interfere if need be.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

OOC: Wouldn't let me delete this friggin' post.

Arggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Death; 2008-07-05 at 08:10 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    My first campaign actually started by the adventuring party getting thrown out of the tavern.

Death is the last hurdle in every race. (It's the one you always hit your nuts on.)

24. - Top - End - #144

Flumph

The speaking athik stared into the fire on the end of the stick he was holding. What was the right thing to do here? Clearly the flameborn didn't mean any harm, and it was true that new trees were growing from the ashes...

The other athiks standing around him were whispering frantically into his mind, telling him what to do. But they whispered over each other, he couldn't make out what they were saying. He had to make a decision, fast.
    "I... I don't think Cliktith would be angry if you only burn to start life. Er. Maybe Evadize would not either. I don't think they understand why you burn. The hive will tell Cliktith. Cliktith will not be angry... I think. I do not know about Evadize. Be careful that plants grow and not just burn. Please. We cannot have failed our mission. It would be bad."
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I had originally wanted Passion as the starting portfolio element. Didn't know we started with one.

In his burning cocoon the sun god contemplated.

"However, Xam, I desire that nothing be allowed to shine with the brilliance of the sun. I take it as an insult, and I fear my service to the Playground will be sidetracked in the purging of such offenses. There may be one right now - I am not familiar with these new arrivals but in time they will know me in full."

"In all ways am I occupied now, but from the recesses of my soul I shall let loose the agents of my interests down to the Playground. First must vice be cast off, and then virtue. May the world hold on until the latter..."

A growing spot on the sun grows black for a moment, what may have been years in mortal times, but an effect not lost on the divinely sighted. As black as a scream in the night, it tears free of the glowing sphere - a surging ball of black passion: madness, tragedy, and violence. It stretches out into a wavering band of glowing contempt that the sun god may have once developed in time, and creates a sevenfold cloth between the sun and the world below. Each fold holds a different unkept passion within its embrace, and at the borders between one and the next there was often a blending of two horrible ideas.

Moments later, the growing tapestry bursts into uncountable shards of vice-bound passion. Each wavers for a moment, orienting itself to a mortal whose heart reveled in the proper malady. Then it fell from the sun's grasp into the soul of the intended target. On a mortal level, it was imperceptible to all but those struck.

Elimanishon's seared prophet received the first blow; in his heart grew the seeds of pride and wrath, and he did not die that day on his death-bed as was foretold by his attendants. He lived, he felt; no longer did he feel carved from rock. And it pleased his veiled god. This one's name was Halloren Imak, an elf forsaken by his people long ago. In him burned the song of fire and battle, a secret he knew on some level to keep until the moment was right.

Some of the shards received would not flower on these days, but travel through the lineages until the right moment was realized. In this way, the dark side of the sun's passions were offered up in the Playground's defense. For those who had been struck at the proper time, the destined time, their forms gave into their passions and they turned into the worst sorts of beasts.

[1 = 3 - 2 Create Populace - Demons (Tanar'ri); going off of Alch's lung dragons, I guess I get many flavors o' demon with this.]

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Dun dun dunnnnnn...

We have a very elemental populace, between ___borns and what not. I like it.

And I think we should all invest in a Born... and create some kind of born supremacy... [/vorpal pun]

Be prepared for sunborn template, in the future (I'm going to base it off of Half-Celestial). Well, that and bards...
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-07-05 at 03:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Xam looked at the demons.

"I hope that his works in the long run as well as the short..."

Spoiler
    Show

Are we talking Tannar'ri, Obyrith or Loumara here?
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2008-07-05 at 02:18 PM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The flameborn quirks his head at the Ant-person, and speaks calmer and more sage, "Our Guide, The great Enigma, teaches that if you burn the young they will not burn hot, or long. It will not please him, nor ourselves. But if you simply wait, everything will grow. It will grow and burn well. He also teaches that if you destroy something with your fire, you must replace it for later joy of burning. Do you understand?"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tanar'ri - I've always seen them as the epitome of vice. (SRD - balor, succubus, etc.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanar%27ri#Tanar.27ri

The others do not fit in the whole thematic of it all.

Lesser tanar'ri for now until more dominant ones hatch (keep in line with the moratorium on monster strength for each year).
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-07-05 at 03:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

Kaern considered what a bit of cooperation with Xiua'hi has earned; and he decided that he would seek more allies. After all, in his short time in the playground, he not even met all his brethren. Kaern cast out his senses to the world, and he found the presence of the new gods... and one that alarmed him. It had stayed on the playground for too long already, though it was dormant, he feared the damage it might do. Kaern made a Sending to the metal god in the crater:

Awake, and come to me, new god. There are things you need to know.

30. - Top - End - #150

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Just to warn you, I will be hijacking some monsters for some major events.

A little Shen Lung played freely among the waves near Xiua. He was having a wonderful time.

And then he saw the stars.

"A star... with ten points... a bad omen. I will keep watching this."

And the Shen Lung known as the Astrologist kept playing and yet watching thw whole time.

(Lung dragons have names that are actually titles meaning what they are. So the Astrologist is "He Who Watches For Messages From The Heavens". "He Who Makes Creatures Better" would be the Doctor. "He Who Loves To Cook" would be the Chef. It's all titles for them.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show