New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground IC

Coberal freed itself from Xam's grip and drifted toward Xiua'Hi.

"Xiua'Hi, Father, I wanted to ask you why I was created. Do you want me to craft, like how Enigma created this bastion?
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

It was a strange thing. An elf appeared with a long slash mark on the front of his body. Nothing else seemed to be affected. He also reported seeing the world vanish before him, and that everything was red, save for a fuzzy black shape which gradually became more and more focused until it took on a strange shape he was unable to describe. As the shape became more and more focused, he had felt increasing pain and pressure.

He then reports that the world seemed to return to normal. And discovering the wound, and that he was bleeding.

The wound itself turned out to be minor, and healed. Though it did take a bit longer than perhaps it should have.
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-07-06 at 07:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua'Hi stares blankly at the mask for a moment

"You have your own will, i created you with the others, to act out your own will upon the Playground. If you wish to create, then arm those that live below with weapons, and those in this bastion as well. If you wish to other things, then follow your own will. But keep in mind your brothers, for they are to balance you. If they speak out against your actions, then ask for forgiveness and pay them back in kind."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #184

Coberal drifted away contently. The metal around the fortress began to bent and twist into swords, hammers, sheilds, and other weapons.

The elves and flameborn noticed the strange mask's work, and brought more metal to it. The mask kindly accepted their requests, and created what they wanted. The fortress was slowly preparing to defend itself.

Spoiler
    Show

Making craft checks once again.

Demi-gods be seen on planes, correct?
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

"Balance, Xiua'Hi?" Elimanishon stumbles out from a staircase in the burning fortress. His flesh is seared to a blackened coal - more like a skeleton caked in eons of ash than a radiant keeper of the sun. He stares down the slashed elf with a nod before dragging himself up the remaining steps. Heat still rolling off him marks the floor with every step and sears the walls as his hand drags across it.

"I pull myself out of metamorphosis to see what has all of you riled up for once and I find you here speaking of balance? I had thought to myself, peace-keeper, that something had finally thrown you off your post."

6. - Top - End - #186

Heh. We have gathered here to unite the gods and we see this craven conflict... so called, sun god. Surely if there were as many as competent as you we would all be damned.

Evadize stepped forward. The voids of his eyes thickened spewing crude coldness. His teeth were barred like a mortar and pestle grinding the remanents of his ability to sit back. The tension hanging in the air could be heard in the bones of Evadize as his ligaments creaked forward. Strain filled his limbs.

You.

He extended his arm like an ancient tree at the sun god. His finger unfurled slowly but surely.

Dare insult the Daiymo of Solid testaments? You shall learn to still your tongue. We do not want your petty discriminations at this council.
    Last edited by Faithless; 2008-07-06 at 09:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Wait!" Xam said in his voice of command.

"Listen to me, my children. If we fight amongst ourselves, then Varr and his kin may have already destroyed the Playground and enslaved the elves and lupins and halflings and dwarves and all of the dragons. And we may as well be dead."

And Xam stared at his grandchildren, Evidaze and Elimanishon. "Listen. You are cousins. Born of the thoughts and emotions of my thoughts. I do not ask you agree or even like each other. I just ask that when I or Xiua'Hi or Enigma or Kaern call you to battle when we need you, you help us out of reverence for your elders."

The small white butterfly called Tanner fluttered in and landed near Xam's ear. Xam nodded. And he nodded.

"Really? Well then... bring him here..." And Xam nodded and smiled.

"My children. I have good news! Varr has an enemy and, as my friend Tanner says... what was it, again?" And Tanner whispered again. "Ah yes. The enemy of my enemy is definately not my enemy at all."

And Xam smiled wide. "And soon he shall be here to help us. Moko will aid us!"

"Now then! Coberal does well. Eli, perhaps you could brighten your sun and continue evolving. Evidaze, I think we can use more help from the druids in the forests. Now, let us get ready, yes?"
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon's eyes shine with a light to fill Evadize's voids. They narrow to tiny pinpoints of absolute light. He smiles, twisting his head on his neck at an odd angle; his body fails to turn with it. *snap* A cloud of ash bursts from his shoulder.

"You... are... Evadize. I see you... All the time. Trees... tears... her... HER... Calypso? Hmmmmmm."

His body turns as it should have moments ago and he stumbles off in some direction towards Evadize and Xiua; his head still keeps the same orientation as before, looking at Xam, winking.

"The trees... The tears... Wings... Glory... Interest -" He stumbles into the elf, almost accidentally, but carves the words "Find me, 2-Colored Light" into his arm with all ten claws working in the blink of an eye.

With that, he planeshifts before walking into a wall. His last words are carved into the wall: "there was darkness before the dawn."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Heat, fire, oh holy warmness of the Fire Plane, all things that the Shadow lacks, all things that he craves.

And look, they meet, without him, of course, this cannot be, no.

The burning flame dies nowhere, but just like the arkborn, they grow purplish, sick, cold, but burning still. And from this patch of black fire the light dies, making way for a great shadow in which nothing but two blue stars glow like the eyes of a monster in the dark.

"I hungered, brother, and nephews, I hungered for your... Company. Are you going to welcome me?" - The Dark Lord in the dark chuckled.

"No, but still, grim winds whispered to me, they told of battle, and of invasion and from..." - Eul looks at Tanner - "Who is this?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #190

I will welcome you, uncle. Your stake is as great as any of ours.

11. - Top - End - #191

"Oh, Brother, this is my new advisor, Tanner. He is a god-that-is-not-a-god. He warned us of the invasion from those that followed Ooulzoth. And of the friend coming, Moko."

And Xam looked inquisitively at Eul. "I suppose... if the Playground needs defending, I can stand your presence..."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

12. - Top - End - #192

Xiua'hi watchs the debate silently, watching the sun god and the new arrivals, nodding to each in kind.

"Second Walker Eul, Steadfast Kaern, Creator Xam, i great you all. And of course Shining Elimanishon, your words igniting the passions of us all, and Ever Growing Evadize, your concerns of my honor are touching."

Xiua'Hi then turns to Elimanishon, a soft look crossing his face.

If you wish to speak thus to me, allow the passage of your home in the sky, and mine speak for our intentions. Nothing shall keep me from my post, i cherish all of you present, but i hold the balance of our powers even more dear. Think before you speak, least you anger those younger then myself."

Xiua'Hi then turns to look at the gods asembled, motioning to Kaern, Coberal, and Evadize

"You three, i wish to speak to once our meeting has come to a close, if it would so please you."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-07-06 at 11:47 PM.
    My Current Works

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

"Stand me. I am the... 'Evil' one and you are the intransigent part of the equation.

Eul's eyes flicker towards Kaern.

"And it is good to see you as well my boy. I saw when you made that safeguard in the deadlands, it was unnecessary really, the might of the undying is greater than anything that could try to pose a risk to them.

And then to Evadize. No words are spoken, Eul averts his gaze quickly as he sees something... Unseen.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

As the creative powers that brought the continent of Xiua into being began to fade, an unexpected thing began to happen. Unbeknownst to Xam, there existed certain crystal lattices within the sands drawn to form the vast Xiuan desert which resonated with his creative forces. As the days passed, the windblown sands began to gather together into an ever growing dune in the center of the barrens, bringing together these crystal fragments. One by one, the crystals met and merged, the divine spark housed within them ever growing. Without warning, the great dune convulsed and shook itself. Like the deities that shaped Playground, it Thought.

Its thoughts had neither shape nor form, nay, not even words. It was not quite yet even aware that it was aware. Looking around at the endless sands, it recognized them as part of itself but while of the sands, he was still something more. As time marched ever forward, the crystals of the desert were inexorably drawn to this growing divine presence, seeking out that which was of themselves. The more that gathered, the more the urge to find more that which of the same grew. Eventually, enough of the divine spark was gathered together that the material world could no longer support its weight, and the entirety of the now living dune was squeezed out of Playground and into the Void.

Alone and lacking any frame of reference by which to even understand his own existence, the dune felt a moment of rage at being cut off so abruptly from all that it had ever known. It felt rage at being cut off from the remnants of crystal left in the desert, the only things it knew to be like what it was becoming. But as quickly as the rage formed, it fled before curiosity. In the distance of this new place, a presence was felt. Though not exactly that which was the dune, it resonated with a power similar and yet different and drew the dune towards it.

As it drew nearer, it noticed that this being was not of sand, which quite confused the dune. It had never experienced anything but sand and the near nothingness of this new place.

((OOC:Important information to other gods)
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: At this point, all the other gods are either MIA or at the war meeting on another plane of existence, so they have probably totally missed the emergence of this new deity. The only god not at the meeting is Cliktith, who is the god that this new god just approached. It's be silly for the other gods to leave the meeting prematurely to go look at sand, not that they should even notice, being that it's just sand and shouldn't really draw their attention away from more important matters.))
    Last edited by Rizban; 2008-07-07 at 12:47 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma looks upon Eul. "Passion burns. Hunger Burns. We are one. Enigma is one. Eul is one. We are as one." Enigma hands Eul an egg, it flickers in the fire. "Be as one."

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, I'm not at the meeting. I'm busy hovering in the sky, being ominous!
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-07-07 at 07:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

17. - Top - End - #197

Flumph

Sensing the an unrecognizable divine presense, Cliktith stoped and focused his attention on it. Cliktith drifted forward, curious as to who the being might be?

Who, or what, are you? A god? Yes, A god you must be, for no other being may exist in this void. Yet I do not recognize you, and you do not have a particularly... godly appearance. Speak, if you can. I am rather late for a meeting which may be of some import.
    Last edited by pyrefiend; 2008-07-07 at 10:44 AM.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage
    (Links both lead to ToB disciplines I made!)

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

With the sounds of gravel and sand twisting and rolling over each other, the dune responded.

Who... What... God? You... not sand. I... sand... You... sand... same?

As the sands of the dune twisted about, they formed over closer to a humanoid insect form like that of the being with which they conversed, but lacking the power to maintain such a form, they quickly dispersed into formlessness once more.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

19. - Top - End - #199

"True, it was not necessary... but it was fair, and it sent a message. I have seen your creations among my dwarves, by the way. They are an interesting gift, and I will treasure it."

Kaern turns to Xiua'hi: "Of course, Daimyo of Solid Testaments. We will speak later."

20. - Top - End - #200

I as always will answer your call Xiua'hi. I will aid in any matters you may require of me.

Looking to the other gods, he gave a questioning look.

Is it safe to assume that this meeting is now adjourned? If so I will surely send Enigma a proposal for additional defenses.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma looks at Evaize "We are one. Meeting unfinished. One more arrival. War council." With that Enigma sends a ripple of divine energy through the city of fire and calmed the flames in a courtyard. "Growth. There." pointing to the calm moist soil.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

22. - Top - End - #202

Xiua'Hi bows to both Kaern and Evaize in turn, before turning to face Enigma, pulling a large puzzlebox from his robes.

"I beleive this should be kept here, Ever Burning Enigma, that way it can benifit all in times of need"
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Eul took the egg and manipulated it, wondering what could be done of the flameborn within.

It's probbaly going to become yet another darkborn, however.

You seen to appreciate everything Kaern, still, your people, like all lothers, are prone to fear those who are born still.

Not a great matter, really. Skyblight and his kin will find them, they always do.

Dark wings flutter in the darkness. And Eul's player has nothing else to say.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Dla finally took notice of the great meeting in the burning place. Tearing his eyes away from his precious elves, he drifted up to the fortress. He looked slowly at all the new faces. Hello. Who are you all?
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

25. - Top - End - #205

Xiua'Hi bows deeply to the new commer

"Elf Brother, i am Xiua'Hi Daiymo of Solid Testaments, creator of your brethren, and of the Forge Goddess, and the Ever Growing. It pleases me greatly that you could make appear before your peers."
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #206

Flumph

Yes, god. You must be new to this world. Cliktith moved into a position where it could view the Playground below and beckoned for the dune-god to join him.This is the world that the gods control. You, as a god, hold control over some part of it. But you must not go there. You are- we all are- beings of great power. It is too dangerous to the mortals below. Cliktith gestures to the elves, athiks, lupins and all other manner of mortal beings scurrying about below. He then turns and regards the dune for a long time.
    I really must be leaving now. Do what you will, as I have already said, I am late.

And with that, Cliktith opened a portal to the burning void, stepped through and joined the war council of the gods.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage
    (Links both lead to ToB disciplines I made!)

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

You.. Created my brothers and sisters? Then you must have created me. Dla bows back. Now Daiymo, what is it you and these other gods are discussing?
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

28. - Top - End - #208

Xiua'Hi nods, and spreads an arm wide, as if to encompass the whole of the city.

"Enigma has called us, and created this city for our meeting, i beleive we await another, and then the issue's will come to hand, if you shall rest yourself, i am sure it shall not be much longer Elf Brother. Perhaps in the mean time you can come to know your kindred?"
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

With the departure of Cliktith, the dune began to watch Playground and learned. It sent forth only a few small grains of divine sand into the world to explore and observe, to understand that which is not sand.

Sand... not sand.... not sand.... sand that is not sand? ... wet sand... Green things, plant things.... Life things... not life thing? dead thing? so much not sand....

And with this last observation, the dune began to contemplate that which was not of itself.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

30. - Top - End - #210

"Dla. I am Xam. I waste first being... Well, one of the first. Perhaps yu should know your lineage. I found Xiua'Hi, who made you and your kin."

Xam thought about that for a minute.

"Well... it's a short lineage now..."

Xam thought. "So I suppose Eul is your great-uncle, and Enigma and Ramus and Kaern your Uncles and Elimanishon your cousin, and Evadize and Coberal your siblings and Calypso your neice."

Xam nodded. He smiled at Dla. "I think you and I will get along fine, Dla!"
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show