New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground IC

Enigma stirs and looks down at the world. "I see." he extends his hand to the world. His power rolling over the world causing a few random forest fires. Reaching for the Flameborn who chant 'sand sand sand' He peers down at the creature sending the Psionic power. Sending his message down to the source with his magical Divine might "Stop this madness. I am Enigma. I burn. You stop. End it." With the command issued he sends Fiona to the Dessert, with his divine protection.

( In order of use, Fire Storm, Detect Psionics, Sending, Mind Wipe [Fiona], Gate )

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I have no objection to you joining us, Lienad; but it was Xiua'hi who proposed this meeting. If the Daimyo has no objections, then please, join us."

And then, Kaern turned his attention back to his dwarven expeditions. Fionn's expedition had a hard beginning, but they had found a complex of caves warmed by the earth, and had settled in. The expeditions in temperate climes had all been successful, though Newlyn's town near the Dead Wastes had a disproportionate number of Deadborn children. Lann's expedition to the desert, though... it was doing poorly. Only four dozen dwarves remained from three hundred; they had fallen victim to hunger and thirst. Kaern worried for them... and he found this train of thought had a life of his own. He removed it from his mind, and cupped it in his hands, and watched it take life. He fashioned the body of a dwarf around it.

While he was in this creative state, he plucked a second idea from his mind: "the smaller fortress that protects the society", and he cradled it in his hands - but this thought was stillborn and gray. Kaern blew upon the idea, and life caught like tinder - and Kaern smiled. This one was not stillborn after all. He fashioned this one a body as well, and then Kaern spoke to the brothers.

"Elder son; go to the dwarves in the desert. They need your help. Younger son; organize the people of the world. They will need protection soon."

Spoiler
    Show
    I went ahead and begot you two, since two others of your generation are already in-game. Have fun, kids

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua'hi bows to the new comer

"I am afraid what i would like to propose is meant for those I have named. It is not my intention to insult you young one, but there are some things only those gathered can do."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

He looked upon himself, and he looked upon the beings the Greater One had indicated. He felt a sameness, and he felt the need to protect. He moved, and he was before them. They gasped at Him, and He felt a difference between Himself and They. This saddened him, but He felt the powers of His form, and knew it was for the best. He could protect Them.

All of this happened in the merest instant, as He came to realize Himself. Watching Them, He wondered what He could do to protect Them. As He thought this, They began to fall on Their knees and lowered Their gaze before His radiance. They chanted sounds, and He realized they were speaking His name. Haras. Haras now knew his name, and he realized the power of names. So he asked Their name.

The beings recoiled at his divine voice, wondering at him. One stood, and he cried out, "Haradar! Unam iHaradari! Tora iHarasi!" And he knew Their names, the Haradar. They needed him, and he needed them, for he did not know what else to do. He asked them what they needed, and they told him. He fulfilled their wishes. He created water to slake their thirst. He created homes for them to take shelter from the sun.

However, it was not enough. The Haradar hungered, and he could do nothing to help them. For the first time, he felt powerless. What use were his powers and his form if he could not protect the only ones he knew? He cried, and a tear fell into the great pool of water he had created. The water shone with radiance, and around the pool green life began to grow. Haras, wondering at this, felt happy. He felt content. The Haradar were safe, now. He also felt tired, so he slept.

1 AP = 2 AP - 1 AP (Nourish Lands)

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Translation: "Haradar! We are named Haradar! Praise the one named Harasi!" I'll put up a section in the homebrew for the language. Spells used: Create Water, Fabricate, Holy Water.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2008-07-10 at 05:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Somewhere, nearly a mile off the northern coast, Lossethir lay perfectly still atop the only rock of suitable size and shape amid a cluster of dozens of jagged, perilous looking ones. His left arm was hung limply from his perch and the frigid waters passed over his naked hand over and over again. He had much to preoccupy his thoughts, but the most recent event was the only thing on his mind. Nesius, spirit of the endless ocean, had returned to the elements, her divine essence had diffused to the waters that had born her.

He wasn't sad, no, only greatly sobered by the passing of the goddess. There was no maternal link to be acknowledge and he would steadfastly deny the use of "Mother" to describe the goddess. She had expended no effort in making him and she had never even known Lossethir to exist. Still, made from the very same waters; he felt a pang of loss, now that they were silent and still. Who would claim dominion over this element now?

The other gods...that's right, he still hadn't revealed himself to them. Now, though, out in the open for the first time in hundreds of years, he was sure that the others would soon be alerted of his presence. Perhaps he needed intrude on them after all, perhaps they would be the ones to find him.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Enter Play = 2 AP))
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-07-10 at 05:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon speaks to something unseen below the surface of the sun. "Look how they return... I make progress for my people and they come back? Lovely." His questions were answered by seven different tones from below the fire. They ring out in a haunting melody.

"You think so? Well you would, wouldn't you? You'll get your time, but you need to become more unpredictable before I can appreciate your advice." The same seven tones sound again, in a different order but with the same strange harmony.

"Alright. I will humor you this time."

Elimanishon begins to wrap strands of the connection to his people around one finger. With it focused into a divine spark, he snaps his finger and it burns into a miniature star. His fingers fly into a frenzy as the searing form is shaped. Before long he juggles three lesser stars.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-07-10 at 05:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, I totally missed that you addressed me, Faithless... Go me

Kaern responds to Evadize: "Second Chance is still just a dream... There has been so much to do."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

Urthadar looked at his father. He gathered his thoughts and nodded his head.

"I shall do as you said."

His spirit took flight to material world. He looked upon it. He saw the Athiks, the Elves. The Hachis, the Halflings and the Flameborn. His father had told him to organize and protect the mortals. And he intended to whatever he could to do that.

No.

He would not only protect them, he would do more. He would comfort them, aid them, he would help them make their lives easier and nicer. He will teach them to control nature, teach them to create proper houses to rest in, to build cliffs surrounding their settlements, to build mountains from where they could pray and bring offerings to their gods.

Urthadar sat down and started to think. How would he do it, and where would he start?

9. - Top - End - #249

Is a dream a well enough place to hold a discussion? I fear prying ears in this place. Perhaps from our kin...perhaps from Varr. This plane bears semblance to the void...why I am uneasy. I am unsure but if the conversation is for our ears let it be made so.

With that Evadize motioned towards the exit of the burning fortress.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua'Hi nods, and walks out the door, returning to the Void. Once the others have joined them he speaks soflty.

"Enigma has porposed we defend his city, for this I agree, but there are others who beleive such co-operation is folly, and i beleive they should be...watched, guarded against, so that once this war has resolved itself, balance can once again restore itself, what say you brethren?"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

After some time in quiet contemplation, Lossethir races away from the sea and ascends the highest peak where he bids the winds to bring him news. Soon, there are whispers of the newest gods and he commits their names and status to memory.

But, as always, no wind blew from the Burning Void and the events of the recent council were still a mystery to him. And, as always, Lossethir was disappointed, but dared not pry in to that realm with his power, for the risk of discovery was great and the possible consequences...uncomfortably warm.

At least there were interesting developments in the south. So, he took to the air and made his way to the southern desert where he could observe the Haradas and their patron demigod.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-07-10 at 11:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma watched the world, looking at the damage that had been caused, this could not be allowed to continue, there must be a place, not to retreat from the chaos, but to endure it, to continue to spite it. He would create this place. He sent a message to his faithful servants on the Burning Mountains "I am Enigma. I burn. You are Born of Flame. You burn." with that flames dance over the sides of the volcanoes.

(Sending, Firestorm)

High Priest Blaze looked out upon the mountains he had been melted upon, hearing the great burning voice "Oh lord, we are not worthy of your voice! We are but mortals! What would you have of us?" his own fire flickering around, lighting lanterns of the chamber.

Enigma looked down on his faithful servant "Fiona quests. I sent her. Success. You gain guardian. Fail. You loose all." with that an inferno is sent down on the peoples of the volcano blessing them with flames of divine fire.

(Sending, Firestorm...I need to bind the two together..)

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Eul returned to his dark world, and his form stirred.

What young Kaern has given us now... Guardians for his dwarves? Hmm...

Eul's gaze turned upon Newlyn's expedition, and all the dwarven deadborn there.

So many young, perhaps they need guidance... Proper guidance.

Skyblight!

The titanic form of the nightwing eclipsed the moon, and the dreaded beast of death moved to the dwarven encampment.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

The first of three gifts to his people was prompted by the outcry of one woman whose glass masterpiece had been smashed by some lone wanderer. With a flick of the wrist, Elimanishon separated one of the bouncing orbs in his hand from the rest and caught it in the crook of his elbow. He breathed arcane words into it and there grew the seeds of mortal magics.

In the mini sun he carved words to be received by his followers: "Alchemy. The basic magic of materials. With this, glass shall take on whatever form, whatever strength is needed. Let not your imagination be tainted by what you once knew to be impossible. In time, we will forge a sprawling vista in honor to these sacred lands."

With those words he popped the sphere up into the air and let it fall from the sun. In moments, it struck the altar to the sun god and all within his favor knew his divine secret for one brief and shining moment. With that, alchemical glass became as good as any metal or wood, and took on all colors of mortal imagination. It was a fine start to his grand city of glass, beauty, and chaos.

[2 = 3 - 1 Teach Populous - Alchemy]

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Going to bum rush my AP tonight while I can; I'll see you all next Saturday night if I can.

Any subsequent miracles will be amended to this post, unless there are enough posts in between.

Hmm, now I am considering a Glass domain! :p

15. - Top - End - #255

"It is, Evadize. It should be far, far out in the void, the better to avoid notice. It should be mostly frozen in time, preserving the flora and fauna - but with islands where time repeats itself, that we can study how to balance a world. If we must use Second Chance, not all the gods will be with us - and we must ensure that all the creations can survive without their god. There should also be an island of normal time, that the mortals we bring need not be frozen for eternity if Second Chance is never used."

"Xiua'hi; I agree that this city will be valuable, and I agree that cooperation is necessary. I do not know that I would discount Elimanishon yet... he may only be offended. As for the others... yes, I will keep a watchful eye. And on Enigma as well... I doubt I will ever know him well enough for trust. That is why I propose an artifact for travel, rather than simple portals - I take them with me when the war is done."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Fiona looks around the desert, the Sand-lovers where not hard to find she comes before a huge gathering of them holding her hands up creating a giant bird out of flame speaking as loud as she can "I AM FIONA! I HAVE BEEN SENT FROM ENIGMA! I COME WITH MUCH PEACE!" her mind raced.

This could be a plot of the dark one. The one who Enigma warned against. Would she be killed? Would she die? "Please, let this be easy."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Which desert you guys, specifically Rizban?

18. - Top - End - #258

Calypso quickly ventured into the desert. She had taken the shape of a large bird, it's chest to it's tail covered in golden feathers however the wings were vibrant and multicolored. The creature fluttered in and landed before Fiona. It not speak.

I shall meet you there then Kaern. We will meet there discreetly.

Turning and bowing to Enigma, before leaving the city.

For a small token of your divine energy Enigma I shall create for you great defenders of this city. You will hear more from me in the days to come. Until then I bid you leave Enigma, your proposal and ideas will be most valued.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Skyblight approached the dwarf encampment, his titanic shape obscuring the moon right before the creature landed. It's voice like a screech of a thousand agonizing souls.

"Mortals... Dwarves... What brings you to the domain of the dark dead?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Skyblight is not to be fought, and will not fight either. He is a Nightwing of considerable intelligence, and able to shape a few soulmelds (Necrocarnum ones, to be specific)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

The second innovation Elimanishon gave to his people came down in another sphere. This one struck the primitive sand castle of some children. From that collision there was an explosion of knowledge and the people dreamed of a city that shined with all the colors of the world; each structure unfolded like a desert rose and many reached up into the sky. These dreams were made manifest in the hearts and minds of Elimanishon's chosen artisans. They were to become architects, craftsmen of what the sun god knew in his mind to be Sunfire Citadel.

[1 = 2 - 1 Teach Populous - Architecture]

Additionally:

Elimanishon remembered his encounter with Evadize. He drew forth images of the forest into the last sphere and looked it over carefully. Tendrils of fire grew out from its chaotic exterior and began to wrap around his hand. With great curiosity, he wondered over the idea of plants. Strange creatures able to live off of the sun. His people were in a desert, one which the prime materials were sand and sunlight. To be bothered with food and drink would waste time spent on developing..., he thought to himself. And the keeper of the sands will be displeased with their usage of his divine property, though I cast it from this landscape. A bargain I will strike!

With that in mind, he cast down the final orb of divine energy. When it hit the sands it dissolved into a fine ash that infiltrated the souls of those bound to his citadel. While in the Sunfire Hearth, his followers will know no hunger, no thirst, but upon their death they shall pay their debt to the divine keeper of sands. Their bodies will turn to sand and be at one with the land while their souls become one with the sun's embrace. In that decree, he hoped it would appease a possible ally for once.

[0 = 1 - 1 Nourish Populace - The Sandscorn Decree]

With his work done for now, Elimanishon drifted back into the sun's embrace.

OOC @ Destroyer:
    Spoiler
    Show

If you need some demons like mentioned before, we can split them for 1 AP. I'll be away this week, but just do whatever ritual or godly thing suits it, if you still want it.

The same goes for angels, if anyone wants a share eventually (next week perhaps).
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-07-10 at 11:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma pulls a dark hand enshrouded with flames up to the sky, and gathers the fiery energies of his plane, they form in his hand as a ball of flame. "This. Make. Guardian." running his other hand over it the flames turn green, the green flames flicker as small amounts of growth grow around Enigma's flaming hand, to be burnt into nothing but ash falling to the ground.

Enigma holds out his hand "My Power." with that he hands the orb to Evadize "My Thanks." he fades back into the fortress, leaving the orb of green energy in the hands of Evadize. Enigma's Voice is heard throughout the city "I burn. I am Enigma."

(3 = 4 - 1 [Transfer 1 AP to Evadize])

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

In the sky, the red blur began to do something. It seemed to shake and flail about with great vigor. Bolts began to pour out, would the sky crack open again? What does this all mean, and what does the future hold?

This is not an event that goes unnoticed. Many of the newly forming civilizations watch. And before while the headaches were mild, this pain is great. And they begin to scream. And it seems that a sound is coming from the pulses, which is also a scream. Maybe the whole universe is screaming.

The wound in the sky that lives stopped thrashing about. And while they didn't seem quite so large, bolts of energy continued coming from the center of the red ball.

Spoiler
    Show

Evolve "Physically" (bolts) 4-3=1

A sound could be heard as the pulses passed, So there is a limit?

So there are limits?! Ha! I'll have to do something about that. Let's see what there is to work with

And with that, suddenly the red sphere seemed to slash apart the sky. Leaving a gigantic red mark behind it, and it rained. The red sphere has wounded the sky and it's bleeding.

The pulses from the sphere changed direction. So that rather than going out into space instead they were hitting the ground. Were there was dirt and rock and trees there was now only one a crack in the earth. And this was followed by another and another. So wide it could swallow a village, and so long were the cuts that one could not see where it begins and ends. If one looked into these gaping things, one could not have seen the bottom. Which may have been a blessing, there might be something there better left unseen.

But the power of the pulses, the waves didn't end there. Within each wave there was some strange sound which most could not understand. Some however found that they could, and were split in half by the knowledge of it.

And the air, pushed violently by the force of such explosive power was forced away, and back towards itself. And the wind circled about into itself and reached tremendous speed so that they too would cut apart homes and draw blood.

The sphere descended into the ocean, at first seeming to cut the ocean as the force of the pulses drove the water away until the floor could be seen. The pulses turned again, and though he traveled deep near the floor, even from the surface was colored red by it's light.

And the force that had been transfered into the water smashed against the land, again and again in strikes that seemed endless. Most died instantly from the sheer weight of the water, however some were carried out to sea wounded. Those who could not swim would drown.

The sphere forced itself into deep into the ground, earthquakes formed everywhere, and volcanoes vomited lava onto an already devastated land and set it aflame.

From one of these volcanos, The sphere would shoot out, and it quickly flew into the Desert. Sand was blasted out with such force that it would rip apart anything close by, which, there was not much of. The sand itself would form into great tornadoes which, again didn't damage much because there was not much there.

From there, it flew straight at the sun. A great blast of fire would come from it, but only one for it had gone through the portal, and into the burning void. It stayed for but a moment, and returned back out of it. Though the shockwaves seemed to miss most of the Flameborn, still several looked as though they had been chopped in half.

It entered the earth again, stopping over the dead lands, and letting lose a single pulse, which though it did not travel deeply into the ground did have the affect of launching corpses everywhere. While this would have killed a mortal, most of them seemed to get back up. However, again several were split in half though comprehension of the sounds in the shockwaves.

From there, it would travel into the Endless Swamp. It spent a long time racing through, sending out shockwaves which would travel deeply, and then quickly be covered over again in muck. And then, it vanished, and reappeared in the void.

That's it? I'm definitely going to have to make some improvements. Not that many would hear his voice in the void.

Spoiler
    Show

Is that mold land or pestilence. Either way, -(1-1(Destruction Domain)) = 0.
    Assume all the major population centers are all still there, they were spared the brunt of the doom. I'm unleashing mayhem, not trying to ruin anyones fun :P

Also, not planning on unleashing quite so much doom again anytime soon. There was a reason for all of that.
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-07-10 at 11:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

23. - Top - End - #263

One of the dwarves Skyblight addresses runs and fetches Newlyn. She is an old dwarf now; though it's hard to tell with dwarves.

"We are here at the command of Kaern. This is where we will build a fortress, and this is where we will make a stand against the outsiders.

Are you here for those who show your dark god's gift? My people do not like them, but so many have been born... I fear that they will replace the living dwarves here soon enough. I would prefer you leave them, so that we may learn to live with them."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

"This is the land of the Deadfather, all who are born in this place feed his unending hunger. And so, they come to the world still."

The titanic nightwing walked in circles.

"We go only for those who are abandoned. But here, you have little choice, abandoning so many young would reduce your number bellow usefulness. Wouldn't it?"

The great nightwing glared at the woman with dark eyes forma dark face.

"Welcome to the deadlands, dwarf. Enjoy your stay. It will probably be longer than you wished."

Skyblight lifts to the air at supernatural speed, and flies of into the dark sky.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #265

Kaern nods to Evadize. I will see you there soon, but I will wait to see the conclusion of this meeting.

26. - Top - End - #266

Coberal waited patiently for its turn to speak.

"I would prefer to work from where I awoke, the volcanoes provide me the resources needed for my craft. I will teach all that I can to the races, and supply the gods with the tools needed to defend against their foes."

"Xiua'Hi, I will help the gods that you speak of if they ask for it, they may become strange allies in time."
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

27. - Top - End - #267

The ever-growing god left the citadel. A trail of ashes wafted up as he made his exit. Just before reaching the exit, he promptly turned around, bowed, and continued on his way. The fiery palisade of Enigma and her castellans was not a very comforting place for a god made of a tree. These limbs were both ancient and weary, not suited for the aeons a god must endure. Letting out a heaving sigh, Evadize brushed off the charred bark from his shoulder.

These preparations were tiresome work. For such a young god his body was letting out like that of a crippled mortal. Standing up straight as best he could, he decided that it was time to check in on the material. He would need to see how his demigoddess was holding out. Snapping his mossy fingers he quickly found himself very close to the sun on the opposite side of the portal.

A look of anger and shock dripped down his face.

So. Elimanishon. You’ve found the Sky Monarch. It seems your crude departure left you with company still. Surprising, that you still are beared beside the presence of another god when you refuse to stand beside us. Shameful.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerok View Post
    OOC: Which desert you guys, specifically Rizban?
    They were supposed to be in the south eastern part of Teerp's Desert, just as it said in my post, but apparently, tsuuga put the dwarves there instead. I honestly don't know where my guys are now... I'm still planning to use the big desert in Xiua to start my main race, but not until next week.

Until it's figured out, just assume they're in a generic desert that's... somewhere in the 1st continent but NOT in Sunfire Hearth.

Though grand was her entrance, Fiona went unnoticed by the majority of those working in the canyon. A lone Dwarf heard her announcement and ran to summon the Emissary of Sand, who came forth to parley with Fiona shortly.

Ah, another like myself answering the call of the sands? Shall I call you sister? Or here to call me back and disperse those who choose to follow another, as is more like? Shall I call you enemy? Do you wish to make the decision?

Dear friend, do accept my apologies, I forget how the questions affect Enigma and his ilk. The sands have drawn me and soothed that which once consumed me such that I suffer no more. Come now, answer the call with us and we shall celebrate your arrival. If you have neither heard nor answer, then come, let us sit to a meal. Yes, yes, I know you don't need to eat, but you might enjoy it if you ever tried it.

With that said, the Emissary of Sand beckons Fiona to join him under a nearby canopy to shade them from the sun and orders a nearby halfling to bring rations and water. Seating himself on a cushion next to a low table, he watches the visitor expectantly.

[hr]

"So big, this world. So much must I learn." Having observed the world and learned that which he could grasp, the dune began to contemplate its own existence and its place in this world. It began to understand itself and devise for itself a purpose, a reason for being, and upon seeing itself within the frame of this new purpose, the dune knew it was inadequate.

"No, no. Not do, never work. Need more, I do. I become more."

Focusing its divine energy on itself, that which was once little more than a formless haze of animate sand, began to take a shape. Having met no gods apart from Cliktith, nor having discovered any in his exploration of the world, the dune reasoned that this was the natural form for deities and began to form into a shape much like the Swarming One.

"Good, yes, but not best. Athiks strong, but not perfect. Needs something... something of sand..."

With that, the mass of forming sand collapsed back into the dune but quickly began to take on a new shape. Though still patterned after the Athik god, the dune's new shape was taller in stature and stronger of build. Where once there were but two arms, there now sprouted four.

"Name... I need name... Chak.... Kos... Chak'kik...Klik'chak... Yes, Klik'chak."

The sands of Klik'chak finalized into his new insectoid form. A form like and yet unlike the Athiks. A form somehow much more savage. A form of sand. Though maintaining his new form was now simple, taking no conscious effort, Klik'chak was still sand through and through. There was yet nothing, apart from his obvious mobility, to differentiate him from an ornate sand sculpture. At last he was awake, aware, and recognized his surroundings.

(AP 0 = 3 - 3(Evolve Physically))
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Fiona looks with quirked brow and relinquishes the giant bird. "There is no problem with Questions in themselves, it's the seeking answers that could become problematic. For Instance, would you ask a Ghast what he wanted to eat? Would you ask the Elimanishon if he could bless you? I do not think you would. Same is for the follower of Enigma. We do not ask questions litly, you have been blessed with two. Enjoy them. Savor them. Understanding is to Question and Get the Proper Answers. But, without the proper questions, the answers can only do harm." she takes a small amount of food, and burns it into oblivion.

Fiona smiles pleasantly "Enigma requires co-operation, you must not allow your God to control you mind. I will speak to him directly. Enigma commands it so." she flickers her fire around her head in the shape of a question mark.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Haras woke from his slumber, and was horrified to see what had become of the Haradar. When he left them, they had been safe, and all had been good. What had happened to create such strife? He saw many Haradar were No Longer; they had passed on. He did not know where they had gone, but he knew this was bad. They had passed too soon. After his initial grief, however, he saw that not all was lost. Most of the Haradar were still alive.

Curious, he sought to know why some lived and some suffered. He asked, and he was told. The ones who suffered were those who could not live in the great stone houses that Haras had created for them. Instead, they had been forced to build their own meager shelters as best they could. Looking at the shelters the Haradar had made and the shelters he had made for them, he saw the difference. His shelters were made of the stuffs deep under the sands, which was hard and resilient. It was suitable to withstand the ravages of the world. He used his hands to dig deep into the sand, until the stone was brought to the surface.

Cutting the stone into segments to mimic the structures he had made, he saw the Haradar trying to do the same, following his lead. However, the blocks were too large, and they could not move them to make the structures. Haras had an idea, however. He cut the stone into smaller blocks, and began to stack one upon the other. The Haradar caught on quite readily, again, and soon dozens of smaller stone structures were going up in the settlement. As he watched, they even began to expand on his idea slightly, carving the stone into odd shapes and stacking them in new ways, making strange and beautiful structures of stone. Haras looked upon the Haradar, and he was pleased. Once more he was confident that the Haradar were safe for good, and he slept again.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming I can just lead by example for something relatively simple like this, instead of having to Teach Concept.