New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. Bath's Random Banter, dripping with daring deeds of dastardly deipnosophists

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Rory Bremner is not in Dead Ringers
    I know he wasn't, but I think that's who Curly meant.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. Bath's Random Banter, dripping with daring deeds of dastardly deipnosophists

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by That thing on the left side of the screen, under: "Bugbear in the playground," which, in and of itself, is under CurlyKitGirl.

Wow, nice avatar, Curly. Prepare for trouble!
    Yeah, kind of suits me. Even with the pink hair. I also suspect that she's stolen Pikachu successfully.
    And I'm always ready for trouble.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-06-27 at 06:32 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Hence the little lightning sparks.

I cannot even comprihend willingly missing a recording of I'm sorry I haven't a clue, Pixe. I just... I just can't.

I don't think anyone can really replace him... It would have to be one of the better improve comics, but I can't think whom...

I saw Russel Howard doing some stand up a month or so ago, very very funny. Even more so than on Mock the Week.

4. - Top - End - #154

Thought so. And I really want to watch Dragonheart now, but we lost our video of it so I'm stumped once more.
    Why do all our dragon movies disappear.
    First Land Before Time (hey, they're big, scaly reptiles of some sort. Like dragons - and quite probably were dragons too. I mean, the fossils), then Flight of Dragons, now Dragonheart.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww, poor Curly; I have Dragonheart one and two on a VHS but my video players broke darnit.
    My new website/blog:

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

...A conspiracy unfolds...

I don't have many videos, apart from old recorded stuff. Mainly Thunderbirds. And really weird things. Quite often about the planets or deep sea fish or something. Don't judge me. >.>

Dragonheart was the one...with a dragon. And it has it's heart stolen or something, then there's a hero of some sort. The End, everyone lives happily ever after. Right? ('cept the dragon)
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-06-27 at 07:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a very vague plot synopsis, but it's an awesome film.

Very long plot synopsis of Dragonheart from Wikipedia.
    Spoiler
    Show
    England, A.D. 934: The cruel and tyrannical Saxon King Freyne summons his young son Einon (Lee Oakes) and Einon’s mentor Bowen (Quaid) to witness the suppression of a peasant rebellion. Though the king’s troops are ultimately victorious, Freyne is killed when the rebels stage an ambush. Einon rushes into the fray to claim his crown and is accidentally stabbed through the heart before Bowen can reach him.

Though the wound should have been fatal, the young king’s mother hopes for a miracle. Queen Aislinn (Julie Christie) has her son taken to a cave in the mountains where she pleads with a shadowy figure to save the young man’s life. The creature, a dragon, recognizes Aislinn as "the daughter of the Celts," whose people had revered his kind as their friends. For her sake, the dragon removes a part of its own heart and bestows it upon the boy, cauterizing the wound with a blast of fire. Einon revives and is carried home to recover. Grateful for the dragon’s sacrifice, Bowen pledges to repay his debt at a future time.

Shortly thereafter, Einon reveals himself to be as brutal and pitiless as his father, enslaving the former rebels and forcing them to begin work rebuilding the nearby ruins of a Roman castle. As the young king gives the order to have the rebel leader blinded, Bowen intervenes and allows the man to escape. Believing that the dragon’s heart is responsible for Einon’s wickedness, Bowen returns to the cave and vows to seek vengeance for the ruin of his protégé.

Twelve years later, Einon's (Thewlis) castle is rebuilt and Bowen becomes a formidable dragon-slayer. During one dragon-hunt, the knight meets Brother Gilbert (Postlethwaite), a monk and aspiring poet. Impressed by Bowen’s prowess, the priest is determined to follow him and record his heroic exploits in epic verse. The knight stalks another dragon to its cave and engages it in battle, resulting in a stalemate. The dragon (Connery) shrewdly informs Bowen that he is the last of his kind, and that the dragon-slayer will have difficulty finding work if the two “pursue this fracas to its final stupidity.” Since their options are either Bowen kills the dragon and is out of work, or the dragon kills Bowen and has to deal with the next knight out to make a name for himself, the dragon proposes a partnership, and the two begin defrauding local villages with staged dragon-slayings; the dragon attacks a village, Bowen offers to kill him for a fee, and pretends to spear the dragon, who then falls into a nearby lake and swims out of sight underwater. Since the dragon’s name is difficult for the human tongue to pronounce, Bowen calls him “Draco”, after a constellation of stars that resembles a dragon.

Meanwhile, Einon encounters Kara (Meyer), the rebel leader’s daughter, and realizes that she was responsible for his injury years before. He has her imprisoned and attempts to seduce her, but she stabs him in the shoulder with surprisingly little effect. He leaves Kara alone to consider his offer, and Queen Aislinn helps her escape. Draco feels the pain of the wound, but continues to hide the connection between himself and Einon from Bowen.

In her home village, Kara attempts to instigate a new uprising. When Bowen and Draco arrive the villagers offer the girl as a virgin sacrifice to appease the dragon. At Draco’s lair, the dragon and knight argue about what to do with Kara as Einon approaches and demands that she be returned to him. Bowen and Einon duel, with the older man at a disadvantage because he is not truly willing to harm his former student. In the course of the fight, Bowen is heartbroken to realize that Einon never changed: he was always an evil man, and he only pretended to agree with Bowen's idealism to learn the sword. When Einon gains the upper hand, Draco intervenes and Einon flees in terror. Kara attempts to persuade Bowen to help her overthrow the oppressive king, but the disillusioned knight refuses.

The next scam attempt goes poorly when Draco lands in shallow water, preventing him from sinking to the bottom and forcing him to fly away to avoid being eaten, leaving Bowen, Kara and Brother Gilbert in danger from angry villagers. Draco rescues the three and carries them to the island of Avalon. Taking shelter from a rainstorm amongst the tombs of the fallen Knights of the Round Table, Draco reveals that the constellation he was named after is, essentially, a dragon heaven, where dragons may go to upon death if they earn a place. He attempted to gain a place there by saving Einon, hoping his heart would change the prince's nature and once again unite the races of Man and Dragon, but, although depressed by his failure, agrees to help Gilbert and Kara in the rebellion. Bowen initially remains behind, but when he experiences a vision of Arthur's knights, he remembers the high ideals he once tried to instill in Einon, and agrees to join the rebellion.

During the battle between the peasants and Einon’s forces- which goes far better than the last rebellion due to Draco's firepower and Bowen's tactical expertise-, the king is shot with an arrow. The resulting pain causes Draco to fall from the sky over Einon’s castle and the dragon is captured. Einon realizes that sharing the dragon’s heart renders him virtually immortal so long as no harm befalls the dragon, and determines to keep Draco alive and imprisoned indefinitely. Wanting to end her son's evil, Queen Aislinn tries to kill Draco, wanting to redeem herself for saving 'a creature not worth saving', but is stopped and killed by Einon.

When the rebels invade the castle, Bowen intends to release his friend, but Draco tells Bowen that in order for Einon’s reign to end he himself must die, and begs the knight to kill him. At first, Bowen does not want to but as Einon rushes towards him, Bowen reluctantly does so. This releases Draco’s soul to the dragons’ heaven - where he becomes a new star in the constellation - and killing Einon in the process. The film concludes with an epilogue by Brother Gilbert stating that Bowen and Kara went on to lead the people in an era of peace and prosperity, and that, whenever things were particularly difficult, Draco's star shone all the more brightly, for those who knew where to look.
    My new website/blog:

8. - Top - End - #158

Yeah, that was a good movie.

Lucky, i have no fish videos. Mostly i have old sci fi movies.

@Curly Kit Girl: Why must you avatars be so terrifying?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #159
    Banned

A knight is sworn to valor.
    His heart knows only virtue.
    His blade defends the helpless.
    His might upholds the weak.
    His word speaks only truth.
    His wrath undoes the wicked.

...Aww... Poor dragons... Turning into stars an' all...
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-06-27 at 07:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

The second films also good, but not as good as the first there are some advantages to it though; Chris Masterson(Francis from Malcolm in the Middle)'s the main character and there's an awesome (Warning spoiler)Dragon vs Dragon fight.
    My new website/blog:

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Yeah, that was a good movie.

@Curly Kit Girl: Why must you avatars be so terrifying?
    Yes, it is. And to Zero, who quoted that section: me love you.
    To Oregano: that's not a synopsis. That's the whole freakin' film!
    To Bath: yes, that's it. And there's no shame in having videos of Thunderbirds. I'd still have my recordings if Brat Sister hadn't recorded over them with SCOOBY DOO OF ALL THINGS!

Now, Recaiden, my name is CurlyKitGirl. No spaces. CGK is used from time to time but virtually everyone calls me Curly.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not my fault someone had way too much time on their hands when they decided to edit the Dragonheart wikipedia page.
    My new website/blog:

13. - Top - End - #163
    Banned

I have videos of Thunderbirds, Scooby Doo AND Thundercats, so I'm covered on all fronts.

...I also have pretty much every episode of Star Trek: Next Generation... And loads of old disney movies...

I pretty much have it all.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

I have Thundercats too!!! I have two videos with episodes on them and Exodus and Thundercats - HO, I also have a shelf full of disney. And all the star wars including original version of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, oh damn I actually have Revenge of the Sith on DVD. I also have an Indy box set(Which is now ruined because of the new film). and loads of episodes of Buffy and Angel and Dark Angel.

EDIT:Got loads of Scooby Doo, no Thunderbirds though, I didn't really like it but Captain Scarlet kicked ass.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-06-27 at 07:44 PM.
    My new website/blog:

15. - Top - End - #165

Peh.
    We have most of the Disney classics. We also have (floating around in the extended family) all of Thundercats, The Last Unicorn, Thunderbirds, Stingray, all of Buffy, all of Angel, most Tim Burton films, all the Indy ones bar the new one, all of Star Wars now, a lot of Jackie Chan films, a lot of Stevan Seagul films (me mum like him), all of Die Hards, one ton of horrors/supernatural films and the like.
    To be honest, if it's geeky we'll have it.
    One of my uncles even downloaded all the episodes of every Star Trek 9except the animated series and Enterprise), Heroes, Lost for pete's sake and loads more.
    We're now starting to collect anime too.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-06-27 at 07:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn you Curly ever since you posted that Mock the Week link, I've been watching clips on Youtube!
    My new website/blog:

17. - Top - End - #167
    Banned

Anime, you say?

Excellent. Soon our cult will cover the globe...

And then one day we shall rise and consume the world.

Also, everyone who reads this should go here right now and watch One Piece. I don't care if you've never watched anime or don't think you'd like it, everyone would like it. Do it. I command it to be so.

I have gathered the sum total of the worlds geekitry in one place. And that place is me. And I am the world. And the world is Player_Zero.

Do it.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Now, Recaiden, my name is CurlyKitGirl. No spaces. CKG is used from time to time but virtually everyone calls me Curly.
    As well as Koorly, Kurly, Korlee, That girl about to beat the tar out of me because I didn't put a u in the word color, and when you're genderbent and not around and the conversation is in a sound proof room Carl E.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    A knight is sworn to valor.
    His heart knows only virtue.
    His blade defends the helpless.
    His might upholds the weak.
    His word speaks only truth.
    His wrath undoes the wicked.

...Aww... Poor dragons... Turning into stars an' all...
    Woah, wierd, I just watched that movie. Truly random! I couldn't decide if it was awesome or lame.
    Last edited by VForVaarsuvius; 2008-06-27 at 07:51 PM.
    Since the main RPG is so big, I decided to start with just a topic on here as a kind of demo. The Link is below. Click it if your looking for a homebrew catacomb quest of epic proportions!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...40#post4525140

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    As well as Koorly, Kurly, Korlee, That girl about to beat the tar out of me because I didn't put a u in the word color, and when you're genderbent and not around and the conversation is in a sound proof room Carl E.
    Yes, and Koorly (obscure roundabout reason for that), Kurly, Korlee, girl-beating-Maggy-to-death-with-the-soggy-bit-of-his-arm-or-misuse-of-'u's-, but really Carl E?
    For that you suffer one million cyberdeaths. And are then reincarnated pink.

EDIT: I also wish to announce that MAGGY IS OUT OF AMEN! SOUND THE ALERT!
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-06-27 at 07:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

@Player_Zero, I used to love One Piece and watched it religiously when it was tv, was it on toonami? I got bored of it though, possibly because the point I was at the plot was really slow and I can't even remember what was happening.
    My new website/blog:

22. - Top - End - #172
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    @Player_Zero, I used to love One Piece and watched it religiously when it was tv, was it on toonami? I got bored of it though, possibly because the point I was at the plot was really slow and I can't even remember what was happening.
    Dub? ...DUB?!

AAARRRRRGHHHH!!!!

Spoiler
    Show

KILL! DUB! KILL! DUB! AAAAAAARGH!!
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-06-27 at 07:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

The voices were annoying as well as the annoying changes but I never had a chance to see the subbed version, I might buy it if I see it one of the comic shops. Sorry for offending you with this blasphemy.
    My new website/blog:

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry, but I watched the japanese voiced One-Piece... Hated it to pieces, just as much as the english one.
    If Poke'mon never became an anime, I'd say One-Piece would be my least liked anime. As the main character (Lupy?) is.... Annoying... More then Naruto (from Naruto).

Just.... Don't... Like it at all....

Though it really, it just depends on what your prefrances are, eh?

And if it wasn't for Haruki, I wouldn't have ever seen AWESOME animes such as Wolf's Rain

.... In fact, has anyone heard of the story where that 10-year-old kid killed himself on accident imitating Gaara (from naruto) in a sandbox?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Banned

Retaliation! I've gotten so bored with Wolf's Rain I only watched the first couple of episodes, just as you undoubtedly only watched the first few One Piece episodes! You don't even know the main character's name!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

It's been about 3 years....

>.>
    <.<

Also, your arguement can be applied to itself.

See?

Retaliation! I've gotten so bored with One Piece I only watched the first couple of episodes, just as you undoubtedly only watched the first few Wolf's Rain episodes!
    Hmmmmmm?
    Last edited by Volug; 2008-06-27 at 08:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Luffy, Roronoa Zorro, Nami, Oosop, Sanji(the chef?) they're the only ones I can remember, can't remember the bad guys names. OR the straw hat dude.

EDIT:Shanks!! and was the weird clown guy called Buggy?
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-06-27 at 08:16 PM.
    My new website/blog:

28. - Top - End - #178
    Banned

Intentional humour and hypocrisy is intentional!

If you don't have anything nice to say about One Piece then I don't wanna' hear it. It has become a part of my psyche, ye like Trigun before it.

Negative opinions of it expressed in my presence will lead to quick and untimely ranting-to-death.

...Luffy WAS the "Strawhat dude". Unless you're referring to Shanks, who gave him the hat in the first place.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-06-27 at 08:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

I just said, It's not my cup of.... Uh.... Hot chocolate >.>

Same goes with me and wolf's rain I <3 it.

And intentional lie is intentional...?
    Nah, never mind

30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    EDIT: I also wish to announce that MAGGY IS OUT OF AMEN! SOUND THE ALERT!
    See, this is the reason I don't leave more often. Also, ow.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi