New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Legends of Arhade IC

The Dragonborn laughs. "I am the one who has forgotten his manners! I overheard your name when you entered, but neglected to give mine! I am Bharash, and I'm the leader of my small company of fellows. We were briefly employed with the Imperial Foresters patrolling the Larova Wood but felt our fortunes could be better made possibly guarding a merchant caravan or some similar duties."

Bharash glances back at his companions, then turns to Ardek and whispers in Draconic.

Ardek
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I can trust you are not 'favored' in Dunhardown, same as I. I don't know why you are headed for Pova...and the woods beyond... but try to avoid entanglements with the Foresters... He motions toward his scar, then resumes speaking in a boisterous Common.

"Well, good luck in your travels. If you ever happen to come by Surostok, look around for me. I might be able to refer you to some good, honest work in service of our great Emperor..." He says the last part a bit louder, as if he wants the whole room to overhear such a statement.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sanarzia - Eladrin Artificer

Hearing the dragonborn's loud outburst for the Emporer Sanarzia raises an eyebrow but returns to her book without interfering with Ardek.
    Melkor, Tiefling Warlock Avatar by Nevitan

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ardek

Ardek listens carefully to Bharash, after he finishes, Ardek moves over a chair, "Have a seat, friend. Tell me about the work the Emperor has over some wine." He motions to the bartender to order a full bottle, when he goes for the bottle, he speaks softly to Bharash.

In Draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "There's much I could tell you of how disfavored I am in Dunhardown. I'm travelling with my companions to meet with the Prince. Apart from that, I know very little. You could say this is my first time outside Tik' Terar..." he hesitates to continue, trying to judge the Dragonborn's reaction.

In an effort to avoid drawing attention, he shouts aloud, "I can understand that the Emperor would need to hire mercenaries for Larova Wood. That place crawls with filthy goblins."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Bharash speaks quietly in Draconic, occasionally speaking louder in Common.

Ardek

Spoiler
    Show
    "Foresters have disallowed nearly all access to the wood after the Prince's last raid. They only allow those who work for the Emperor's Lumbar Yards in to practice their trade, but each work group is accompanied by a squad. The Foresters are skilled warriors, and excellent trackers. You will be hard-pressed to sneak in properly. Speak to Hardin Alacaster, a Dwarf supervisor and... "friend."

Bharash speaks loudly so that the rest of the party can hear. "Ol' Hardin Alacaster can get you and your friends good jobs with the Emperor's Lumberers if you are in need of extra coin before your next venture."

Bharash's companions stand and motion that they must go. "I must leave you, friend. I'm sure we will meet again."

They depart. You are all tired, and could probably use some sleep.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-31 at 01:13 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ardek

Ardek nods to Bharash and whispers in Draconic, "Bahamut be with you, brother." He looks back to the Halflings and a smile spreads across his face. He calls to the barkeep, "Could I trouble you for some more wine, cheese, and bread? Also, do you keep pipe and tobacco behind that bar?" He smiles and turns again to the Halflings, Hmm... entertainment without bloodshed... I could grow used to this...

Ardek will continue to enjoy the music until they finish and then head upstairs to his room. Also, he will keep a keen eye and ear out for any who may enter the tavern.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception - (1d20+2)[8]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Zophiel

Zophiel will finish her meal and wait for the other to go up before also going to her room.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!