Default Re: Wake of The Creator (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Back to regular posting, all. Sorry for the inconveinience
    The Bear is Back.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey Elder shakes her head at Therea. I have the map here. Though many others have made the journey, none are available to guide you. This was drawn from my own memory, though unfortunately the last time I journeyed through these tunnels was long before any of you were born.

Though all she does is reach into her voluminous cloak you can't help but note how painfully graceful her movements are. Retrieving a faded roll of parchment, she spreads it before you, indicating various points on a map with her delicate, child-like finger as she speaks.

Pay attention. There are three entrances into the sewers, each marked by an arrow. The topmost indicates the Old Well, which has long been dry. It is in the northern region of the Under Ruins, which is out of my influence. You will have to rely on your own skills to reach it alive. To reach the entrance below that, you will instead need to travel to the shop known as the Blood Pit. This is closer and within our territory, but it is secretly controlled by the Naenn-Tru. It would be best to limit your exposure to them for now. The entrance at the bottom is reached through a secret passage within the Shylas House. Only Shylas halflings are allowed within, so I am not sure how you would reach it. The night guard, Osor, is secretly one of us, as are many other of the Shylas. But their word alone will not gain you access. If possible, try to avoid killing any of the Shylas, at least overtly. Doing so would bring complications to our family that I greatly wish to avoid. Grey Elder pauses and draws a very quiet breath. How you enter the sewers shall be decided by your own council. Once there, you will find a destroyed section of the wall in the northeast passage... here... which will lead to a series of natural caverns. The east caverns have nothing of interest, so instead head toward the Underdark. The full journey has not been mapped, but at this point the path is long, tiring, and very boring. You must simply follow the main tunnel and ignore all side passages. It will take you north-east until it opens up into a large cavern. Enter this cavern, continuing north-east. There you will find the Temple of the Void. She takes another breath. I believe I have told you what you need to know in order to make this journey. Is there anything else that you need?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2008-07-20 at 08:31 PM.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Perrin

Carefully scanning the map, Perrin looks up. "Well, there's no approximation of scale, but it looks like a long distance to travel. Will traveling gear be provided to us? Provisions? Climbing gear? Torches?"

4. - Top - End - #34

Grey Elder inclines her head. We have a safehouse in this sector. You may take any equipment being kept there if you are lacking anything.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyrelius

Looking over the map Tyrelius waits for a moment before speaking.

I would imagine the old well would likely be the best means of entering the tunnels. While it is not within the family's control the inhabitants would not have as much of an interest in it as the other two entrances. Also with a group such as ours I imagine few would work against us. Especially if we found suitable rags to cover ourselves with as to not show our wealth as openly.

6. - Top - End - #36

Kyeian

"I concur. The less complications we have, the smoother this will be," Kyeian says, glancing over the map. "Where is the safe house from here, elder?"

7. - Top - End - #37

At the end of the path outside. You would know the place, Kyeian.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Perrin

"Before we do anything, we should probably head to the safehouse. There we can discuss our plans without anyone eavesdropping. That and we should also obtain all that is necessary to travel in the darkness below."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyrelius

Tyrelius shrugs before he begins to speak. Fair enough, sounds like a plan to me.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Terrelen

I agree. Let us make our way to the safe house. From there, we can form a plan and assess our options.
    He sighed.
    Though I'm not looking foreword to heading back into that cess pit.
    The Bear is Back.

11. - Top - End - #41

Kyeian

Grinning, Kyeian nods and says, "That I do... Whenever the rest of you are ready, then."

12. - Top - End - #42

Elder Grey rises up and offers you a brief smile. Farewell. My presence is needed elsewhere for the moment.

You make your way through the ruined architecture of an alien civilization, your minds wondering exactly what these slabs of obsidian and ruined marble structures once were. But their original purpose is meaningless now. The wonders of the old civilization now exist only to house the garbage of the new. Spice addicts, orphans, and violent criminals all coexist as equals in a lawless slum. You catch glimpses of them hiding in the narrow alleys, watching you. Even here where your family is in relative control, a delicate balance of tension exists. A truce between you and these natives will only exist while their fear of you exceeds their greed and desperation.

The safe house isn't a far walk, and when Kyeian has led you to the place you see only a poorly-built shed. Inside however, a trapdoor lies open already in preparation for your arrival. In contrast to the blistering heat, the stone staircase and the room it leads to is refreshingly cold. When you enter, a halfling concealed by the shadows shuts the trapdoor quickly behind you and locks it. You are greeted by the sight of a dusty dwelling with rows of mildewy cots, a few of them occupied. In one corner an old woman is stirring a pot of stew. The halfling at the trapdoor follows you downstairs and gestures to the next room. Our extra supplies are in there. If you're looking for something in particular, I can help you find it... if we have it. He's a sturdy-looking fellow with a shaved head and a handlebar mustache. Oh... and the elder wanted you to have these. He hands Kyeian a pair of tiny vials, scarcely bigger than capsules, as well as a leather wallet that feels full. Healing potions. Down one of those after you take a hit and you'll be as good as new. Don't waste them, they aren't easy to come by. And of course, no matter how much you heal your body with magic, there's still only so much you can take before you're done for.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Terrelen

I suggest we split our resources between us. If one particular person needs more than their equal share, then we can work as a group to aid them. We are Family.
    He turns to the halfling.
    Are there any ritual scrolls in this place for an apprentice wizard like myself? Some I can either use or copy for later?
    The Bear is Back.

14. - Top - End - #44

The man furrows his brow and gives his mustache a brief twing. Scrolls? Not exactly sure where you'd get those, but all we have are the basics here, nothing fancy like that.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyrelius

Walking through the building running his finger across the shelf as he does so Tyrelius grabs some more rations to suppliment the long journey as well as a few more torches.

I would recommend caution with how much you choose to carry. I'm sure we will find more to carry back and overloading ourselves would not serve our purposes.

16. - Top - End - #46

Kyeian

Thanking the halfling quietly, Kyeian accepts the wallet and the potions, stowing it in her bag to share as need be. Fully prepared otherwise, she waits for the others to ask their questions and load up on extra gear.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking over the supplies, Terrelen takes ten days worth of trail rations.
    Better safe than sorry...
    Having just whispered one of his father's mantras, he pauses briefly to wonder what his father has done since he left. Though it had been only a few months since his departure, it felt like a lifetime. He had learned so much from Delzoun, but he had learned even more from his father.
    But now I get to implement it... you'll see, Father. You'll be proud of me...
    Hurriedly stuffing the remaining rations into his pack, he then waits for the others to gather thair own supplies, before breaking in with a cough.
    So... where do we go now? We have several options, and I think they all merit discussion.
    The Bear is Back.

18. - Top - End - #48

Therea

Therea adds to her backpack a pint of oil. Seeing what else has been given to Kyeian, Therea responds, "We thank you so much for what you give us, and please send on our thanks to the elder as well."

*Revision*
    Last edited by Pink; 2008-07-31 at 03:05 PM.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Rummaging through the supply room, you are able to find a total of seven days worth of rations and about a dozen torches, though half of these look at least partially burnt out. There are also a pair of lanterns and a few pints of oil.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyrelius

Adjusting the straps of his bag Tyrelius turns to the others. Well I've stated my vote, I'm sure what trouble we face there wouldn't be too difficult to overcome. Easier than the more established groups over the other two entrances. Unless of course anyone knows something I don't about this place.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Perrin

Glancing at the supplies the group had found, he gave a small snort. "Well... it's better than nothing. Hopefully there's something decent to eat down there. I just hope anything we encounter down there isn't plagued or anything."

"As for our plans regarding the entrance to the sewer system... it would look quite peculiar for a group of people working together to be entering the sewers in an area outside of the control of our family. No doubt it would attract attention from those who inhabit the area already. I would most definitely prefer avoiding attention, seeing as we would probably stick out like a torch in darkness. Does anyone know anything more about the Shylas halflings?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Terrelen

Dissapointed to find so little, Terrelen simply dumps the few rations into his pack. Without looking up, he reiterates what he remembers about the Shylas halflings.
    They are a staple from the underruins, there longer than any can remember. Their society values culinary skills and thieving- a display of either could gain their respect.
    Reorginizing his pack, he turns back to them.
    Do any of you have and skills in pickpocketing or the like? I don't see any frying pans...
    The Bear is Back.

23. - Top - End - #53

Therea

"They are three difficult options to choose from. The Old well is not only out of the protection we're afforded by our family's reputation, but may also attract attention for that very fact. The Blood pit seems a deceivingly easy option, within jurisdiction and only having to go through a tribe that we'll have to face eventually, yet the Grey Elder's warnings make me want to avoid it the most. As for going through the halflings, one wrong step could not only lead to bloodshed, but leaves the members of our family within the Shylas in a touch spot and could create much ill will." Therea is silent a moment as she considers things before saying, "I believe the Old well is the best option. We are fit to face any small trouble that might try to harm us, and if we go with as much stealth and disguise as possible, perhaps no connection may be made between us and the Children of Lomuk-Emiv. Many of us may not be recognized as part of the family anyway."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeaaah... about the frying pan? I'll see what I can do. You know I wasn't always a woodsman... The advantages of city life? Heh. That's what I miss sometimes. The ability to be a professional criminal. Those were the days. Of course I went straight now, so whatever. I'll scrounge around I suppose."

Spoiler
    Show
    I have not read the 4e PHB in about a month, so I don't exactly remember how skill checks are rolled. I'll just roll dice like I did in 3.5e and you can correct me if I'm wrong or something. Oh yeah, I'm trying to find a Frying Pan. That's in addition to any other rare culinary objects I can find that aren't too hard to steal.

Stealth Check:(1d20+9)[24]
    Thievery Check:(1d20+9)[27]

Or, if we're going via the Well, then this is utterly useless. I love advance rolling! Whatever. Discount this spoiler if we don't go via the Halflings.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2008-08-04 at 09:15 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Kyeian Thark

Checking her pack, Kyeian comments, "In my own opinion, I'd rather the well. Better those that see us make guesses about who we are rather than trusting those that do know what we are to be quiet."

She looks up at the group, gear secure, "Unless saying such is being overly cautious?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyrelius

No qualms here. It'd be simple enough to find some old cloaks here or merely buy them discreetly from some of the more unfortunate souls on the street. With those on and a varied procession I'm certain that we could pass relatively undetected to the well.

27. - Top - End - #57

Therea

"Well, that would seem to be three votes for the well then, and I believe we've thought of a way to prevent ourselves from being too conspicuous." Therea says to Perrin and Terrelen, trying to make it seem as a statement of fact rather than a confrontation. It would not do if their first decision making session began with an argument.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Terrelen
    Having finished searching for supplies, Terrelen turns to the rest of his group.
    The well sounds fine to me. Any confrontations we have there will probably have no negative effect on the Family as a whole.
    The Bear is Back.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Perrin

"The well it is then... Either way, the things we'll be facing down in the darkness will probably be much more dangerous compared to anyone who follows us..."

30. - Top - End - #60

Kyeian

With a nod, Kyeian says, "If we're ready then?"

At confirmation, she'll start to leave the safehouse, making sure not to compromise it by being cautious about who sees when they leave.