New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Keep On The Shadowfell-IC-TQ

Melkor
    Spotting Bal'Koth at the temple, Melkor nudges Vaelnae, "There's Bal'Koth."

Melkor greets Bal'Koth, "Good morning Bal'Koth. Figured we'd find you here. Have you spoken to the priestess yet? I wasn't sure if we should wait for Aur before speaking to her. I was telling Vaelnae here we should try to speak with Lord Padraig. Early may be best since he apparently also doubles as the town drunk."

Edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ummm Conners, we've all left the inn. We should probably try to speed the roleplay up and get on with the rest of the adventure though. We could just say you've caught up with us outside the temple.
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-09-04 at 09:50 PM.
    Melkor, Tiefling Warlock Avatar by Nevitan

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

You approach the church of Avandra, you see the priestess glance around room, when she sees the small group, a odd look crosses her face, then begins to hasten her conversation with the peasants.
    Running Keep on the Shadowfell
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Erradran Silverhand - Arena ranger in the paragon devision
    Jerren Stilsmite - Revenge driven Cleric of St. Cuthbert

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

Aur

Her eyes widening as she approaches the closed door of the Valthrun's tower, Aur realizes, with a flash of chagrin, that morning services at the temple of Avandra were likely already underway. Hurrying through the still-sodden streets of the village, she makes her way to the temple, resolving to speak further with the Valthrun later in the day.
    "I am sorry to say that it will not do. Magic is not respectable, sir. It is not," Sir Walter searched for a word, "serious. The Government cannot meddle with such things." (Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell, by Susanna Clarke)

Wonderful grey druid (and will o' the wisp) avatar by LostOne!

4. - Top - End - #214

Melkor

Seeing Aur as she aproaches the temple, Melkor welcomes her, "Ah! There you are Aur! We seem only to be missing Leoguard, but no matter. With you here we can surely gather what information we need and find out what is amiss here."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Assuming Vael is going to the church, Leoguard does the same. He tries to keep next to Vael, while away from Melkor, occasionally eyeing him suspiciously from within his helmet.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

6. - Top - End - #216

((sorry for the long abscence, moving has been a nightmare))

Bal'Koth scours the temple and its inhabitants for anything of interest. He then approaches the priestess, and waiting respectfully for her attention, introduces himself.

"Fair morning, priesstess. I am Bal'Koth, Melora'ss sservent. My company, who arrived during the night, hail from Feraina in ressponsse to reportss of dissturbancsess in thesse partss, ssuch asz the errant caravan. I am interessted to hear all you may know or ssusspect, esspecially with regardss to a burial plasce of dragonss, lasst known desstination of the caravan'ss guardian."

7. - Top - End - #217

Spoiler
    Show
    edit: forgot. Insight here at the temple. (1d20+8)[17]

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Vaelnae

Spoiler
    Show
    Little confused by the chronology here, but ok!

Vael smiles and bows her head when she sees Bal'Koth, the more formal greeting seeming appropriate for the dignified dragonborn. "I hope that we can find this Lord Padraig awake. I am not sure he will be in good humour before midday, but we cannot help that, I deem." Her expression turned mischevious. "I am certain I can find a way to wake him, if need be."

Vael welcomes Aur and Leo with a bright smile, soon finding herself standing between Leo and Melkor. Leo has great difficulty in avoiding Melkor, as Vael is walking by his side. His attempts to do so cause the pair to walk at different speeds, resulting in a comedic effect for bystanders. Vael frowns briefly at both of them before breaking into an enigmatic smile. She mutters a few words behind her hand and a spectral floating hand
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Mage Hand)
    appears behind Leoguard's helmet.

The hand immediately busies itself subtly loostening the straps on Leo's helmet while endeavoring to remain out of his view. If it is successful it will scamper off down the street, helmet in hand. Vael will meanwhile dissolve helplessly into giggles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry Leo

Roll for Stealth or Bluff, not sure which but my mod is the same.

(D20+2)[12]

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Greeting Bal'koth, may Avandras presents guide you. You probably know the food caravan has yet to come, I hope that the kobolds did not do something to the much needed food. As for a resting place of might dragon, I have no answer. This guardian of the caravan wouldn't be Staul would it?
    Light rain collides with the roof, As you enter you see a large room with a many muddy shoes.
    Spoiler
    Show

As far as I can tell, Leoguard, Melkor, Aur, and Vaelnae, are just outside of the church, and Bal'Koth has entered and began talking to the priestess.

10. - Top - End - #220

Melkor

Melkor follows Bal'Koth into the temple and beckons the others to follow.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Vaelnae

No matter the outcome of her little trick, Vael follows Melkor into the temple, chuckling a little to herself behind her hand. As she crosses the threshold she dismisses her magic hand and casts a glance at Leo to ensure he has taken the joke in good part.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"Bal'koth you friends out there are getting wet"
    She begins speaking to the rest of the party that is out side of temple
    "Come in come in, no need for you to be getting wet. I am sure you have many questions."

13. - Top - End - #223

Bal'Koth

"It would sseem, losst without trasce on a raider'ss route, that the hope of recovering the caravan'ss cargo iss dim indeed. Yet, it iss thiss problem which my companionss and I sseek to addresss... at very leasst, perhapss confirming it'ss losss will allow a requissition of emergenscy ssuppliess. To thiss end, any intelligensce asz to the caravan'ss typical routess and likely plasces to sseek ssignss of ambush would be mosst helpful.

The paladin pauses to glance at the entranceway for his companions. With a nod towards the circle of conversation about him and the priestess, he gestures any friendly faces he sees over before turning back to Avandra's speaker.

SStaul... the name ringss familiar. I believe you correct. Isz there any who know him we might sseek out? Or, one who may keep knowledge of the ressting plasce in which he wasz ssaid to have interesst?"

Spoiler
    Show
    are we dying? hello?
    Last edited by sleepy; 2008-09-24 at 03:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

To the best of my knowledge Elain would know the best of Staul. Staul had been up here once before, and the two of them spend much time talking. As to the whereabouts of his location, I would try his house, it is just east of here.
    Spoiler
    Show

I am trying to keep it alive but some havn't posted in a long time
    Last edited by the quinn; 2008-09-24 at 04:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Melkor
    Melkor listens intently at Bal'Koth's and the priestesses exchange. He speaks up without interrupting, "Good morning priestess, I am Melkor. We do indeed seek Staul, and we will make it a point to visit Elain today. What else can you tell us of Winterhaven? It sounds as though kobolds have become more brazen so close to the town, and we intend to speak to the lord mayor of it. Have you any idea what may be driving these kobolds?"

Spoiler
    Show

I think everyone has checked in within the last week except for Conners.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Linora
    "hmm... a teifling in these parts? What more to tell you? My brother er... Lord Padraig" She Stammers "He has become a drunk since his wife died several years ago, now no one has enough guts to risk their life to free the area of kobolds let a alone have any loyalty to Padraig. The peasants that have been attacked don't have the training to make a difference, and those that haven't been attacked don't want to get involved. Not sure if you already know this but winterhaven was created many years ago, when the Nerath empire was still strong. They also created a large keep in the peaks, the place has always held some strange things, but most i've seen was a goblin or two. Don't take my for it, it can be seen when heading east from the gate."
    As you are talking with Linora, both Bal'koth and Aur see movement in the bushes, you take a look and the figure beings to move. The unknown thing is clothed in a large brown cloak, and is hunched over. The figure begins to run heading for the market place. What do you do?

17. - Top - End - #227

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm BACK ! Sorry for being gone so long . My brother got me Fallout (which I've won), Fallout 2, all episodes of Commander Keen, Wolfenstien 3D (renamed "Spear of Destiny"), and the Xcom series (including the spin-offs). Add that with losing a staff member in my busy shop, and gaining interest in Shadowrun which I need to learn the rules of, and I was pretty lost.... Thanks very much for PMing me, quinn .

I'll try to do my post when I can, but I might need to go to work in one minute, so it isn't going to be a long one if I do it now...

LEOGUARD

The magehand grasps around clumsily for a strap, there being none. Dark Hunter armour is worn by actually sticking each piece onto another via clips, similar to how you would clip-in a seatbelt (safety-belt). It ends with the armour being easily removable to those who know about its workings, but a vain attempt for anyone else without hours to spare.
    As such Leoguard eventually notices the magehand, and, drawing his axe, he swats at it frantically in a mixed state of shock and terror. It may look humours to some... though "dangerous" is a better description of the appearance to those closer by.

When Leo is finally satisfied the magehand is very dead, he gasps for breath for several few moments. Finished resting, he quickly puts away his axe and continues his path to the church, pretending nothing had happened just a moment ago... but sending a suspicious glance, from his concealed face, toward Melkor--when the "demon" himself is not looking, that is.

Later. The young warrior remains quiet in the temple, bored and wondering whether he should just head back to the inn and see about bathing. When Bal'Koth draws attention to the cloaked figure, however, Leo's interests are refreshed. Quietly and inconspicuously as he can manage, he draws his axe, and edges to a good point to chase-down and assail the cloaked figure, should that "hopefully" be the need.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+2)[18](20) Insight - (1d20)[13](13) To try and notice Vael's mischief .

Wow, I beat it with both rolls . OK, onto the fluff !
    Last edited by Conners; 2008-09-25 at 02:56 AM.
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

18. - Top - End - #228

Bal'Koth

Bal'Koth's attention snaps to the rustle in the bushes, alerting those around him with his sudden stare towards the noise. As the cloaked figure turns to run, he glances quickly towards the priestess, looking to see her reaction. At the smallest hint of alarm or lack of acceptance or reassurance, he explodes into a sprint after the figure, roaring "HALT!" in the unusually deep, echoing, hissless character of command his voice carries when raised to a volume only Dragonborn lungs could produce.

19. - Top - End - #229

((OOC: I edited my post in. It's just above Bal'Koth drawing attention to the cloaked person.))

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

The cloaked assailant runs with great speed into the busy market place. They easily make their way through the mass of people and are lost in the crowd. You get the point of disappearance, finding the brown robe it had been wearing. The surrounding peasant take little heed to you, even the might dragonborn is pushed about mass of people.
    What do you do?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Vaelnae

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm not dead, just resting

Vael enters the temple with the others, smiling gently to herself. The little trick was very puerile, and Leo's reaction more extreme than she had thought, yet she had found herself unable to resist. She listens to the priestesses answers with interest, nodding at each new piece of information. "So many leads to follow... perhaps we should follow the closest first?" she asks, half to herself.

The tall Eladrin was examining the decorated interior of the temple when she saw Bal'koth and then Leo run off in pursuit of something. Unclear what they pursued, she bowed briefly to the priestess, "My thanks!" before chasing after the others. Surrounded by the crowd, she concentrated on keeping her eyes on the tall dragonborn and slowly working her way towards him.

She puts her hand gently on Bal'koth's shoulder both to get his attention and to stop the crowd seperating them. "Ai! Let us not get seperated again. What did you see to make you dash off so?" In contrast to her measured words her smile is animated and she appears to have enjoyed the exertion.
    In all their rule and strictest tie of their order there was but this one clause to be observed,

Do What Thou Wilt;

22. - Top - End - #232

Melkor

Seeing his companions take off, Melkor gives a brief bow to the priestess before running off after the others.

23. - Top - End - #233

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Man I get side-tracked easily... Sorry, again. I've been playing the new Sonic RPG, and been watching the Hare Hare Yukai (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mljdpRp41I4 ) and forgot completely about the forums... I'll post now, though .

LEOGUARD

Leoguard curses in his language as the cloaked figure disappears into the crowd. He begins to search carefully through the crowd and markets for the strange being--but he stops. Sighing, he realizes that he has no idea about this person, much less what they look like without the suspicious robe and cloak.
    Before he can make his way back to the temple, he meets up with the others. "Curse mine sluggishness, for preventing me from knowing this strange being..." he comments to the group, ashamedly. With that, he steps away from them enough to be distanced, but not so much as to lose himself in the crowd (hard as that would be with Leoguard's unusual attire of black steel...). He awaits a course of action to be suggested.
    Last edited by Conners; 2008-09-28 at 01:53 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

The party makes its way to Valthrun's tower hoping to discover the location of Douven Staul. You knock at the large wooden doors, and after several minutes of cold silence, Aur find the courage to speak up. Soon after he pens you a small map to the location of the dragon burial site. There is little to be know about it, and the last time he was it was rather dull.
    Spoiler
    Show

We can either roll play some of this out or speed things up, up to you.
    P.S. Is there any time in which we could try to meet at around the same time in order to make three (or something like that?) successive posts? I am open from 2100-0400 GMT. I hope we can get this moving again.