New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: City of Neonates

Harold

He snickers as he goes through the con-men's pockets, coming up with the money. "Not a bad racket, gentlemen. Better luck next time." He stands and makes for the alley's exit. Pausing to use his clan's discipline to assume the form of the man who used to act as his first lieutenant in the gang he led in life.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mask of 1,000 Faces: (3d10)[10][10][1](21)
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Damarys turns to Castor "Well I have no need to feed, my herd see to that so, give me a couple of hours to go into HR and get the active duty roster and employee database, should have all the names, beats and addresses we need... of course it will be encripted so perhaps Sarah could lend us a hand there when I get back... good thing I've got these."Damarys holds up a set of keys. And starts to walk out... turning back and rubbing her chin. "Maybe you should come with and see the inside, I think I have a guest pass at home in my kit"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

George

The Ventrue made sure to document the contact numbers and tasks people where leaving behind. If he became the last person in the room he would make sure he left it clean. He was going to make sure he had a plan in place before he went off and started acting. His first order of business was to plan his take over of the media. He picked it because other then the police they where the most likely to find out about the masquerade when things started going down. He called in his leggy-blond haired ghoul (Retainer) to bring in the research she had been instructed to gather, and cross referenced it with the stuff from the suit cases.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not sure what rolls are needed but George is trying to find the power players in the city's various medias.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Castor

Castor grunted an affirmative and waved his hand vaguely towards the door to get Damarys to start moving. "A look inside would be good. Have any guesses on who might be taking the taste?" he asked as he followed her out, his hands shoved in his coat pockets. If he didn't look so haggard, one might mistake him for a noir movie PI. It was odd, especially when he was headed to a police station. "I don't want you to talk about me to anyone you don't have to. It'll help in case I have to visit anyone later." he mentioned offhand. It was a seemingly innocent request until you thought more about what a "visit" from Castor might entail.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Attention. Sorry to disrupt our story again, but I have just learned that the online dice roller does not in fact work in Private messages.

To the person who emailed me for that private thing; do you want me to reroll your results on my coffee table or do you want to just post the rolls you made (Roll 1, Roll 2, Roll 3) here without a description of what they are for?
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

6. - Top - End - #96

Clark

After setting out from the building Clark went on a quick hunt around the area. After having his little feast and laughing at all of tonight's suckers he decides it is best to head to the area where Cold storage was last playing.

OCC: Not really sure what to do until I actually get there, also you guys are being awfully silent :P
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Is the game paused or what's going on?
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

8. - Top - End - #98

EvilClericGuy

I am working on a massive post right now. I just finished a day of yardwork and once I finish making a smoothie, I am going to crank out stuff for everyone. Then I am going to award XP for the backgrounds and formally close Chapter One: The meeting.

By the way, the last thing you did was activate Mask of 1000. Anything your character is doing?
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

I figured that is what was happening, that's why I've just been waiting!

10. - Top - End - #100

OOC: Next time it might be handy to let us know when a big post is going to hit the pause button. Keeps us from thinking it is just not active ;)
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

11. - Top - End - #101

agreed.. at the moment my character just finished his run in with the other tremere, and is going to be waiting till he can contact her.. anxiously i might add
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

12. - Top - End - #102

EvilClericGuy

As the others leave Archon Walters erases the blackboard, taking the extra effort to wash the board as well. George is the last to leave as he spends extra time organizing his papers and information. As George says goodbye to the Archon, the Malkavian gives a silent nod, and promptly vanishes, surprising the young venture as George was certain the man was standing in front of him moments before.

Clark Bannon
    Spoiler
    Show
    After apparently ditching Iuliana, Clark meets up with her an hour later. They go across the street from the American Legion Hall to the Kindred Spirit. Tonight a DJ is playing the music, but there is a stage for a band. The clientele is a mix of punks, goths, and college students trying to indulge their wild sides (but looking more out of place than anything) Entering the building, you can feel a strange calm. It is the feeling every vampire gets when entering an Elysium. This place is a gathering for Kindred. You can spot almost immediately Prince Belegos in a corner. He is both visible, yet secluded. The table in frontof him as a number of drinks, all empty. Next to him is a pretty young girl cuddled and sleeping on his shoulder.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Clark has 5 XP from his background

Eric
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eric has finished reading the spell descriptions in the book his sire gave him.

The book includes a ritual that magically encrypts documents (Encrypt missive), one that makes paperwork go through bureaucracy rapidly so the electric bill is always paid in full and on time (Expedient Paperwork), a formal ritual of introduction that allows a Tremere visiting a city to introduce himself to all Tremere in a city telepathically, then it initiates a telepathic communication with the local regent/leader. This ritual is insisted on in the very traditional cities (Rite of Introduction). Those are the level one rituals.

There is one level two ritual: Bureaucratic Condemnation. This works in the opposite of Expedient Paperwork. It makes sure your enemy’s bills don’t get paid.

There is one level three ritual: you know of this one already The Transubstantiation of the Seven. It allows to pour 7 blood points of your own blood in to a vessel and turn them into seven blood points of the 7 high councilors of the clan.

And though you cannot hope to cast them yet, there are 2 level five rituals. Their purposes are not clear yet as even the spell’s description is woven into the magical writing of the ritual but their names are Court of Sacred Truth and Ghost in the System. Also in the back there is a number of notes for turning the Thamaturgical Path of the Hearth into a set of rituals, but the notes recuire knowledge of the Path of the Hearth to develop further.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eric has 9 XP 6 from the back ground and 3 for completing a goal

Iulianna
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a side not, Iulanna can participate in two scenes at one also long as they occur at different times. So She can meet up with Clark B. at Kindred Spirits, where Cold Embrace last played. But she can also be roleplaying the Tremere Strategy session with Eric which occurs in game time three hours later.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iulianna has 5 XP. 2 from background and 3 from completing a goal.

Harold –
    Spoiler
    Show
    Harold exits the back alley. To any mortal who observes him he resembles the lieutenant form his former life. Of course none of them know that man anyways, but if asked to describe Harold later, they would give a description resembling Harold’s former LT.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Harold has 9 XP 6 from the back ground and 3 for completing a goal.

Castor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darmays and Castor go and get her kit They then travel the half an hour trip to get to Happensburg PD HR.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Castor has 8 XP from his background.

Sarah Clark
    Spoiler
    Show
    Private scene in PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah has 11 XP. 8 from background and 3 for completing a goal.

George
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Archon's research focuses on the night time switch board operators and other people who make descions on what to air on the News during the night. He has also gathered information who owns what local stations and what newspapers. Also He has noted that one local paper, the Happensburg Happenings, is currently up for sale and accepting bids.

Rachael's research has undercovered the names of several investigative reports and highights 3 of them as reporters who are in need of a little extra cash.
    Spoiler
    Show
    George has 8 XP. 5 from background and 3 from completing a goal.

Darmays
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darmays and Castor go and get her kit They then travel the half an hour trip to get to Happensburg PD HR.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darmays has 9 XP 6 from the back ground and 3 for completing a goal
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-07-27 at 09:08 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sorry about not posting this sooner. I could have sworn I posted it, but when I looked back at the thread I don't see it. Maybe I accidently exited out the window before posting it or something. Oh well, here it is.

Sarah

Not long after the meeting ends, Sarah's eye begins to twitch. Her insides have felt the dull ache of hunger all evening, but now the thirst is coming to a crescendo. The nearly empty veins are starting to burn with desire, but she keeps the beast in check. "Calm down," she tells herself. "I must feed soon, but now is not the time to lose control."

After getting several blocks away from the American Legion Hall, she goes on the prowl. Looking for some poor unsuspecting man that she might lure into a darkened alley with her silky voice and then use to satiate herself.

Not sure what exactly you want me to roll here. I've seen hunting happen in Vampire using a great many different methods.

14. - Top - End - #104

EvilClericGuy

I use the rules found on the bottom of page 201 in V:tM. Roll your perception+herd to represent an hour of hunting. Then roll an additional die to represent how much blood you can get.

15. - Top - End - #105

The Happensburg Happenings, now there was a prime bird for the plucking. George works in setting up a shell corporation and transferring funds around so he could use the shell corporation to make a bid. Once he had set that in motion, and knowing it might take a bit to work through he moved on. Next was to find out who would be accepting the bids at the Happening, after all if he couldn’t pull together the funds he might need to be more direct.

George then spends the rest of the night trying to develop one contact in each of the other media groups. Opting to cast a wide net that would be weak that he could strengthen over time then a small strong net that might not be in the right place if things happen too quickly.

OOC: Legal and Finance Rolls. I have no problem with you rolling them and just telling me what I get. Could I get a count, type, and number possible contacts of the media types? (ie 5 TV stations, 3 with the reporters, and 1 with nighttime switch, 1 no contact)

16. - Top - End - #106

EvilClericGuy

Written in red but not written in red because the red letters are hurting my eyes.

George's action is the sort of action that will take the better part of a week to complete. That is okay because most characters will soon enter a phase of actions that take weeks on end. Unless they insist on roleplaying every second of the night.

Anyways this will also take me a little time to write up.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

Harold walked out of the alleyway and into the light of a streetlamp. He walked down the sidewalk, stopping at a bus stop and waiting for the bus that would take him into Happensburg. He kept to himself, keeping to the shadows as much as he could without seeming strange. He may look different but he still feels ugly. When the bus comes he moves quietly to the back and sits down.

18. - Top - End - #108

EvilClericGuy

West Strand's buses don't actually go to Happensburg, you'll have to switch buses about 6 times to get to Happensburg. The Driver suggests that you try the train, which will get you to Happensburg in under an hour.

OOC what you looking for in Happensburg when you get there?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

Harold thanks the driver, and gets off the bus to walk to the train station.

I want to start scoping out the gang territories in the city, trying to figure out more about what sets them apart/makes them tick.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by archon_huskie View Post
    Written in red but not written in red because the red letters are hurting my eyes.

George's action is the sort of action that will take the better part of a week to complete. That is okay because most characters will soon enter a phase of actions that take weeks on end. Unless they insist on roleplaying every second of the night.

Anyways this will also take me a little time to write up.

OOC:Not a problem... I expect alot of what George does would be boring to RP out. When he hunts he will also be trying to add to his herd. (A Ventrue can't afford to alienate his chosen type. They need to be able to do repeat business)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: I'll be heading into the CSI office in Happensburg PD, getting myself onto a computer terminal and downloading a list of all the active cops rosters, so that we'll know where and when they work, contact numbers, so we can figure out who they have been talking too, and sick days, so we can figure out if any of them are being fed on at regular intervals. I will also be looking for the rosters for special exercises, most importantly those targeting the Nuit Noir gang and see if there are any officers that would have known the times of all the raids. This of course is after I have secured a visitors pass for Castor Graves... is there anything you would like to do particularly while we are there?

22. - Top - End - #112

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by estradling View Post
    The Happensburg Happenings, now there was a prime bird for the plucking. George works in setting up a shell corporation and transferring funds around so he could use the shell corporation to make a bid. Once he had set that in motion, and knowing it might take a bit to work through he moved on. Next was to find out who would be accepting the bids at the Happening, after all if he couldn’t pull together the funds he might need to be more direct.

George then spends the rest of the night trying to develop one contact in each of the other media groups. Opting to cast a wide net that would be weak that he could strengthen over time then a small strong net that might not be in the right place if things happen too quickly.

OOC: Legal and Finance Rolls. I have no problem with you rolling them and just telling me what I get. Could I get a count, type, and number possible contacts of the media types? (ie 5 TV stations, 3 with the reporters, and 1 with nighttime switch, 1 no contact)
    The dice were nice to you.

The set up of the shell corporation goes smoothly. You could have done it in your sleep. Actually, you did do it in your sleep. Rachael handled most of the leg work during the day time. The shell corporation makes the bid to buy the newspaper. Although it is a slightely smaller bid, the newspaper takes your offer because Rachael is wise enough to let the previous owners make additional requests (Mostly centered on keeping the staff and their dental plan).

Making the other Contacts. Well there are plenty of unemployed investigative reporters who are looking for work. You offer them a small paycheck up front and let them freelance for your paper. (Let's give you 3 investigative reporters and an unspecified number of freelance photographers/writers odds are 1 in 100000 that one photographer is Spider-man )

Be aware that this does use up your resources "Allowance" for the month. But you may add a point of influence to your character sheet and three points of contacts. And this is all without you rolling up your sleeves and using the Ventrue Dominate/Presence Combo.
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-07-28 at 12:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

George smiles as the web of his influence begins to spread. Through his proxies he lets the editor of the Happenings know that scandals sell papers and that they should focus on uncovering some. However they weren't to become some sleazy tabloids so the facts need back it up. Do to libitlity issues 'upper management' had final approval on any scandal story. Also any new-agey, occult, bizarre or just out and out weird stories also needed approval to make sure they were appropriate part of the image they wanted the Happenings to have.

For the freelancers he lets them know the same idea about uncovering corruption and encourages them to look into the city's various government and bureaucratic offices.

After all the only corruption he wanted any of these groups to have was the ones he was causing.

24. - Top - End - #114

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Premsyl View Post
    Harold

Harold thanks the driver, and gets off the bus to walk to the train station.

I want to start scoping out the gang territories in the city, trying to figure out more about what sets them apart/makes them tick.
    The train ride is uneventful. It does strike you as odd that there even is train service this late at night. There are so few people on board. You can actually get a car all to yourself if you wanted and that is with the first three train cars closed. Although it is convient for you to travel farther and faster.

Wandering the streets, it is clear that some areas have gang activity. And you start to notice slight differences in graffity, colors and symbols. You notice there's a blue gang (# symbol), a red gang (@ symbol), and an orange gang (% symbol). You spot where some gang territory has changed hands by the orange % coving up the red @. (I used those symbols because I can type them easily. I do not know if they actually correspond to real world gangs.)

While you are wandering, you notice there are not many people out in some areas. After an hour in the # territory, a police cruiser pulls up to you. The officer rolls down his window and asks if you realize that it is past curfew.

25. - Top - End - #115

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Bastard View Post
    OOC: I'll be heading into the CSI office in Happensburg PD, getting myself onto a computer terminal and downloading a list of all the active cops rosters, so that we'll know where and when they work, contact numbers, so we can figure out who they have been talking too, and sick days, so we can figure out if any of them are being fed on at regular intervals. I will also be looking for the rosters for special exercises, most importantly those targeting the Nuit Noir gang and see if there are any officers that would have known the times of all the raids. This of course is after I have secured a visitors pass for Castor Graves... is there anything you would like to do particularly while we are there?
    Having never been inside a CSI office, or a Police Station, I am at a loss on how to describe the insides. You are able to give Castor a tour of the place, without arrousing suspicion.

Using a terminal and the password of someone from human resources, you are able to print out a copy of the payroll. It gives you the active, and inactive officers, notes their sick days, and if they are paid hourly, the hours they worked (beat/patrol cops and desk workers). Detectives and higher ups get salary as do the swat team members.

Unfortunately, the assignment rosters have been made secret. Internal affairs has limited access of the rosters to only active officers. This makes a bit of a paperwork nightmare, but the bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy.

The Nuit Noir, well the police does not have information on them as they operate at a level the police are not aware of. The only information about them is that someone spraypainted their name in the warehouse district by the river eight months ago, previously to that their name was spraypainted on city hall three years ago. and before that their name was again spraypainted on the American flag outside a Taco Bell. That was their first appearance back the early 90's. Most officers dismiss their existence as a boogie-man story some gangs made up to scare new recruites. And some younger gang members do repeat the threat that if they squealed they would be fed to Nuit Norr. The interesting thing is that suspects and witnesses in mafia related troubles also told the same story. Also this started after the Sabbat take over of the city.

<tag Castor and Damarys>
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-07-30 at 01:19 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dariathalon View Post
    Sarah

Not long after the meeting ends, Sarah's eye begins to twitch. Her insides have felt the dull ache of hunger all evening, but now the thirst is coming to a crescendo. The nearly empty veins are starting to burn with desire, but she keeps the beast in check. "Calm down," she tells herself. "I must feed soon, but now is not the time to lose control."

After getting several blocks away from the American Legion Hall, she goes on the prowl. Looking for some poor unsuspecting man that she might lure into a darkened alley with her silky voice and then use to satiate herself.

Not sure what exactly you want me to roll here. I've seen hunting happen in Vampire using a great many different methods.
    And so the Beast mumbles back. "So when is the time to lose control?"

27. - Top - End - #117

Erik

Erik knowing he has a few hours to kill before having to meet up with the other Tremere decides to go fill up and practice and use some of his new rituals.

Perception + Herd
    (1d10)[6](1d10)[9](1d10)[1](1d10)[9]
    Blood Gotten (if this is needed)
    (1d10)[4]

At this point I will "practice" the new rituals. Not really trying to accomplish anything, just something he would do to pass the time. Randomly cast one, then either use another to undo it or just do a different one.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

Harold rubs his hands together, glimpsing in the direction of an alley as the officer pulls up. He smiles apologetically at the man's inquiry and begins to ramble, attempting to annoy the cop into leaving him alone. "Sorry, officer. I'm new to the city. Just came over on the train from West Strand to meet a girl I met online. She's a real hottie, that is if you believe the pictures they send you online. I tell you, sir, you wouldn't believe how many times I've found a chick online, talked to her and all that junk, and then found out she looked nothing like the picture she sent me! It's downright annoying, it is. I'm hopin that's not what's goin on tonight because I am in a drought, if you know what I mean. I was just on my way in now, officer, perhaps you could tell me what time the curfew is so that tomorrow night you won't have to warn me again?"

Fast-Talk Manipulation+Subterfuge: (3d10)[10][5][6](21)

29. - Top - End - #119

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stupnick View Post
    Erik

Erik knowing he has a few hours to kill before having to meet up with the other Tremere decides to go fill up and practice and use some of his new rituals.

Perception + Herd
    [roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]
    Blood Gotten (if this is needed)
    [roll4]

At this point I will "practice" the new rituals. Not really trying to accomplish anything, just something he would do to pass the time. Randomly cast one, then either use another to undo it or just do a different one.
    Erik
    Add four blood points to your total. You have "herded" a few members of you "herd" to West Strand with you. Two of them go out clubbing and comes back to their motel room with "dates." But instead of "hooking up,"
    the dates get a face full of Chloroform and go unconscious. You get a quick drink. The dates wake up later with a memory of an intense pleasure. Their minds fill the gap in with the assumption that they "hooked up." The subconscious mind is a fun thing to play with.

For the practicing and learning of rituals.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually found rules for it in one of those supplement books White Wolf kept putting out. I'm not sure if I like those rules thou. It gives learning (time you must spend studying to learn a ritual) as 1 week for level 1; 1 month level 2; 1 season (3 months) level 3, 2 seasons (6 months) level 4; and a year for level 5. I don't like that time frame for how it fits into the game's pace.

So here's how I am going to work it. You can attempt rituals that you have the ritual/spell book for. But until you have spend the above times learning the ritual, you will have a higher difficulty. And you must have the spell book with you.

You start with the Rite of Introduction ritual. It requires a variety of plant roots, some boiling rainwater, a drop of olive oil. All of which you get with a trip to the spice rack at a 24 hour Wal-mart. You recite the incantations, and then make your message: "Okay, this is my first attempt at this ritual. Let's see if it works."

Then you wait. You recieve a telepathic message from yourself which consists of you saying: "Okay, this is my first attempt at this ritual. Let's see if it works." Then it goes to the next person in the higherarchy. Once all Tremere in the city have recieved the message. You open up a telephatic communication with the local regent.

West Strand does not have a regent. So it falls to the next highest in the pyramid. You find yourself in telepathic communication with yourself. Your thoughts repeat themselves in your head. As you think of how to cut off the communication, your thoughts on how to cut off the communication are repeated in your head. Your next idea is to not think for the remaining time until the ritual ends. Naturally your thoughts on not thinking to yourself are repeated in your head. It's a rather obnoxious five minutes.

Iuliana

About an hour into your scene with Clark Bannon at The Kindred Spirit, you get a 30 second telepathic message from Erik. It consists of him going, "Okay, this is my first attempt at this ritual. Let's see if it works."
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-07-30 at 07:53 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Premsyl View Post
    Harold

Harold rubs his hands together, glimpsing in the direction of an alley as the officer pulls up. He smiles apologetically at the man's inquiry and begins to ramble, attempting to annoy the cop into leaving him alone. "Sorry, officer. I'm new to the city. Just came over on the train from West Strand to meet a girl I met online. She's a real hottie, that is if you believe the pictures they send you online. I tell you, sir, you wouldn't believe how many times I've found a chick online, talked to her and all that junk, and then found out she looked nothing like the picture she sent me! It's downright annoying, it is. I'm hopin that's not what's goin on tonight because I am in a drought, if you know what I mean. I was just on my way in now, officer, perhaps you could tell me what time the curfew is so that tomorrow night you won't have to warn me again?"

Fast-Talk Manipulation+Subterfuge: [roll0]
    The officer informs you that this is not a safe area to meet someone you met online, and you are probablly being set up for a mugging or organ harvesting. He offers to drive you to a safer part of town. He also tells you that curfew starts two hours after sunset in the gang ghettos.

"By the way, do you have a picture of this girl you were going to meet? I'll keep an eye out for her to see if she's around too. you know, for safety."