New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: City of Neonates

Harold

He seems kind of embarrassed when the officer mentions the photo "Ya know, I thought to myself on the train ride over here. 'Harry, you idiot. Why didn't you bring a picture?' I feel pretty dumb, but I guess I was hoping the girl would recognize me first. I'll take you up on that ride though, officer. Truth be told I was startin to feel a little lost out here. Like I said, I'm new. Shouldn't be out meetin nobody this time of night anyway, right? Can I ride shotgun? I sure do like these police cruisers."
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"Get in the back," the officer says pushing a button that opened the rear door. There is a divider between the front half and the back half of the cruiser. It is made of a mix of a steel cage with a solid sheet of plexiglass on either side. The cushion of the seat's back is grooved so handcuffed criminals could sit normally with their hands behind their backs.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

He smiles sheepishly. He has absolutely no intention of getting into the back of a police car. "You know officer, I think I've just about got my bearings. Come to think of it, I'll be ok on my own." While he speaks he uses the fresh blood he'd just imbibed to boost his agility as he backs away toward an alley. His hands are beginning to itch with the desire to wring this jerk's neck. He's always hated authority, and his gangland background makes cops an especially touchy subject. Banishing the thought as foolish self-indulgence he nimbly turns and sprints down the alleyway.

Using blood to increase dexterity
    Sprinting/Pursuit (Athletics+Dex):
    (6d10)[4][1][2][2][2][10](21)

Damn. A botch.
    Last edited by Premsyl; 2008-07-31 at 12:12 AM.
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Don't worry Harold, if he brings you in we can spring you!

Damarys will start sorting through the files she has downloaded looking for anything that might add up to vampiric interference, like I said before, regular sick days for officers operating in gang areas, (Inteligence+Investigation -(1d10)[1](1d10)[7](1d10)[10](1d10)[6](1d10)[3](1d10)[4](1d10)[6]) then she will start looking through the computer filing system to try and find a copy of the exercise rosters that isn't restricted or a password for someone who has access (Inteligence+computers -(1d10)[4](1d10)[3](1d10)[3](1d10)[10](1d10)[8](1d10)[3](1d10)[7]).

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry for single rolling, will use (7d10)[32] next time... how do you get it to show the rolls?
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-07-31 at 01:06 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Instead of roll it's rollv

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks Premsyl

(7d10)[1][2][6][8][6][7][4](34)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sarah

Spoiler
    Show

Feeding Rolls
    (2d10)[10][10](20)
    (1d10)[7](7)

If the first attempt is not successful, she will continue trying as she really needs blood. So here is another set of rolls, just in case. If I need more after this, I'll roll them, she doesn't intend to stop until she's fed well.

(2d10)[1][2](3)
    (1d10)[1](1)

Assuming at least one of those goes well, I'm going to continue forward with what Sarah tackles next...

Edit: Cool! Nice first roll, guess I didn't need the later one.

Sarah heads back to her haven, in this strange town, it happens to be a small somewhat rundown apartment that she had hurriedly arranged for before moving into town. She sits down at her computer and begins some research. She is preparing herself to make up some fake identities, thinking those would be needed quickly. Expecting Castor's to be the most difficult, and the only one that has so far been requested, she first spends some time trying to determine how deep police background checks go. She wanted to make sure to go at least a little more in depth than needed, something like this could easily go very south if done incorrectly, so she was determined to do her research before starting.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-07-31 at 07:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Premsyl View Post
    Harold

He smiles sheepishly. He has absolutely no intention of getting into the back of a police car. "You know officer, I think I've just about got my bearings. Come to think of it, I'll be ok on my own." While he speaks he uses the fresh blood he'd just imbibed to boost his agility as he backs away toward an alley. His hands are beginning to itch with the desire to wring this jerk's neck. He's always hated authority, and his gangland background makes cops an especially touchy subject. Banishing the thought as foolish self-indulgence he nimbly turns and sprints down the alleyway.

Using blood to increase dexterity
    Sprinting/Pursuit (Athletics+Dex):
    [roll0]

Damn. A botch.
    Harold turns to run when he trips over the curb. He falls down behind the car. He hears the police officer get out of the car. "Are you okay sir?"

At the moment, Harold is out of the officer's line of sight.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

10. - Top - End - #130

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Bastard View Post
    OOC: Don't worry Harold, if he brings you in we can spring you!

Damarys will start sorting through the files she has downloaded looking for anything that might add up to vampiric interference, like I said before, regular sick days for officers operating in gang areas, (Inteligence+Investigation -[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6]) then she will start looking through the computer filing system to try and find a copy of the exercise rosters that isn't restricted or a password for someone who has access (Inteligence+computers -[roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10][roll11][roll12][roll13]).
    You'll find a total of 5 officers that fit your search parameters, ones that take regular sick days and work in gang areas.

Officer Abbeys - Regularlly takes the 2nd Tuesday of the month off
    Lt Bazar - Unusually late to work on Thursdays
    Sgt Bethel - always takes Saturday off.
    Detective Vill - Doesn't work Fridays. major drug busts are planned for Fridays
    and Officer Winters - wouldn't have noticed except for the notation in file that says requests the day after the full moon off for religious observance.

For your second effort, you can tell that the system is hackable. But Internal Affairs seems to really want this information secret. You find yourself quite confident that you could hack your way in, and get the information you want. The question is doing it in a way that hides the fact that someone took the information, because if it is revealed that someone got the information, IA might redo the rosters just to invalidate it.

There has to be an easier way, there should be an easier way, but again IA is going over board in keeping this information secret, and it is odd that they would keep this information secret.

11. - Top - End - #131

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dariathalon View Post
    Sarah

Spoiler
    Show

Feeding Rolls
    [roll0]
    [roll1]

If the first attempt is not successful, she will continue trying as she really needs blood. So here is another set of rolls, just in case. If I need more after this, I'll roll them, she doesn't intend to stop until she's fed well.

[roll2]
    [roll3]

Assuming at least one of those goes well, I'm going to continue forward with what Sarah tackles next...

Edit: Cool! Nice first roll, guess I didn't need the later one.

Sarah heads back to her haven, in this strange town, it happens to be a small somewhat rundown apartment that she had hurriedly arranged for before moving into town. She sits down at her computer and begins some research. She is preparing herself to make up some fake identities, thinking those would be needed quickly. Expecting Castor's to be the most difficult, and the only one that has so far been requested, she first spends some time trying to determine how deep police background checks go. She wanted to make sure to go at least a little more in depth than needed, something like this could easily go very south if done incorrectly, so she was determined to do her research before starting.
    Thankfully you only needed the first one. Your feeding is done through a rather impressive and extensive use of your Animalism powers. Knowing your own hunting skills are weak, (you only had two dice) you summon hawks and owls and other nocturnal predators to your side which you command to bring you food. They obey and bring you many rodents. you drink the blood from the rat, mouse, vole, bat, ect. and give it back to the predator. They in turn eat the rodent. Thus you become full.

For your rolls. We shall need a Wits+Computer (to get the informatio) and an Intelligence+Investigation (To determine if the information is any good.) It also might be a good idea to ask Damarys and Castor (who you have phone numbers for) as they might have an idea of how deep is needed (they do have police background.) George might also have an idea as good men of business do background checks on new employees often.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sarah

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, Sarah will check with them soon. She just wanted to do a little recon of her own first. Here are the rolls.

Wits + Computer (7d10)[9][7][3][2][8][3][6](38)
    Intelligence + Investigation (4d10)[2][7][1][2](12)

13. - Top - End - #133

EvilClericGuy

You can get a lot of information online. But after reading some of the information you notice that much of it is written by people who do not know what they are talking about, but think they do, or by people who know a little, but act like they know a lot.

The best information you can easily get is actualy through a program many churches use called safe sanctuaries. Apparently there is a push in the church to run background checks to ensure the safety of children in Sunday School, mission trips, and youth outings. From this information you learn that a standard background check includes criminal record, (includes parking tickets) references, and occassionally a credit report. A Social Security number is a must.

But there must be way to do this easily as many kindred exist outside the system. Your grandsire might know a little about this.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

He curses himself as a clumsy fool when he falls. He hears the cop's door open and knows that the man's next move is to attempt to arrest him. I'd like to see him try he thinks. Once again, however, good sense overrules bloodlust. Thinking quickly, he again utilizes the powers granted by his embrace and the darkness seems to cover him, rendering him virtually invisible. He gets to his feet, and begins to slink away.

Using Unseen Presence
    Wits+Stealth (Just in case):
    (6d10)[1][5][7][6][1][7](27)

For pete's sake. More 1s. Hope I didn't need a stealth check.
    Last edited by Premsyl; 2008-08-01 at 12:12 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by archon_huskie
    You'll find a total of 5 officers that fit your search parameters, ones that take regular sick days and work in gang areas.

Officer Abbeys - Regularly takes the 2nd Tuesday of the month off

Lt Bazar - Unusually late to work on Thursdays

Sgt Bethel - always takes Saturday off.

Detective Vill - Doesn't work Fridays. major drug busts are planned for Fridays

Officer Winters - wouldn't have noticed except for the notation in file that says requests the day after the full moon off for religious observance.

For your second effort, you can tell that the system is hackable. But Internal Affairs seems to really want this information secret. You find yourself quite confident that you could hack your way in, and get the information you want. The question is doing it in a way that hides the fact that someone took the information, because if it is revealed that someone got the information, IA might redo the rosters just to invalidate it.

There has to be an easier way, there should be an easier way, but again IA is going over board in keeping this information secret, and it is odd that they would keep this information secret.
    Firstly, I will cross-reference the officers above with the Internal Affairs team, and see if any of them are on it. (Investigation+Inteligence: (7d10)[2][8][9][2][6][4][7](38))

Secondly I will text the list to Harold, with the attached notation, "These are the officer we need more info on, see what you can dig up" I will ring Sarah and suggest we meet so we can look into hacking the system discreetly, since that is her speciality, and so I can hand over the HR profiles for each of the officers for her to dig further into their garbage... Lastly, I assume I am still with Castor, I suggest we find the officer who is closest to the above sick day list and shadow them. (Inteligence Speciality- Memory to remember the phone number for Harold - (5d10)[5][3][5][2][4](19) & Sarah(5d10)[3][2][1][8][3](17).)

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Castor Graves

While Damarys had been doing her thing on the computer, Castor had been pacing about, taking a look at any hard copy files he could get his hands on. His system, as always, seemed to be completely random. After a while he elected to join her, looking over her shoulder at the screen and writing things down in his little notebook. As she pondered over her questions, he began to mutter in a little sing-song kind of voice. He sounded completely different than he had previously, as if he wasn't the one speaking. His eyes remained oddly out of focus.

"Kindred lived here when the city was being founded. It's easier to put in a secret passage way when the foundation was laid, but not after construction. They built the city up from scratch. the echoes of that will be in the foundations." he muttered to the rhythm of "O' Danny Boy".

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I'm a little out of touch this week, guys. After ComicCon I had family come for a visit. I should be back up to speed by next week after that's all done.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-08-01 at 03:10 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

17. - Top - End - #137

EvilClericGuy

Okay, heads up everyone.

My schedual for work and family life is such that I will not be able to post until Saturday afternoon at the earliest, and Sunday Evening being way more likely.

interact with each other. Use phone calls if you are not in the same area if you'd like.

Darmarys, I believe Castor scribbled down phone numbers so your failed attempt at remembering the numbers won't hurt you.

Harold, I will interpret the botch on the sneak away as Darmarys calling you with the texted information. The ring of the phone will not be affected by your obfuscate, but the officer can't see you. He looks around spooked because he can hear your phone but not see you. Then he does something that in your knowledge breaks police procedures. He does not draw his gun and fire. He draws a mirror and a red monacle, and looks around using the two objects to see. He then takes out his nightstick. He unscrews it revealing a blade hidden within. He gets into his cruiser, locks the doors, and dials his own cellphone.
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-08-01 at 07:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

He scrambles in his pocket to mute his phone, cursing to himself. Harold makes sure he stays out of sight when the cop pulls out his fancy tools and begins poking around. This is interesting. He is sure to memorize the plate number of the cruiser, and notes that the man's using a cell phone instead of the police radio in his cruiser. Harold's hand goes to a switchblade in his pocket when he sees the cop's blade. He's sure he can take him, even if his knife his smaller. He sits there, torn between two decisions. He wants to yoke the sucker up and pump him for information, but such an act on his first night in town was a bit conspicuous and he didn't like drawing attention to himself. No, he thought. Better to follow this sap home and learn what he could about him, and once he knows what this feedbag knows, well, then he can bleed him at his leisure.

Harold slinks away from the car, keeping an eye on the man from mouth of the alleyway. He sits down behind a dumpster, and checks the message on his phone. He smirks at the coincidence as he text messages Damarys back, peeking around the dumpster ever so often at his uniformed friend.

His text message includes the officer's license plate number and the message. 'Whoever this guy is he knows A LOT about "us." Find me his home address and his beat and maybe I can find out more for you.'

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well firstly I'll see if he is one of the ones on the list, if he is I will send back the details requested and add that he was already a POI, if not I will just send the details.

20. - Top - End - #140

EvilClericGuy

Well I actually am able to post tonight.

This police cruiser is currently signed out to an Officer Omstander. He is not tied to Internal Affairs, but he was Detective Vill's partner when he was Officer Vill.

Also none of the people on your list have an obvious connection to internal affairs, but Officer Abbey is currently being investigated by internal affairs. from the information you can glean, he may be involved in a "hooking up" ring. (Read Erik's feeding result's if you can't figure out what that means.)

Harold . . . The police cruiser starts back up and resumes its patrol.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sarah

When Sarah gets the call from Damarys, she agrees. "Yes, we should meet soon. I look forward to digging up these officer's dirty laundry; it can often be so... interesting. I hope they don't disappoint. I had also wanted to check in with you a little more on what you needed for Castor. I have started poking around a little into getting Detective Graves' ID set up, and had some questions for you regarding what exactly they'll be checking into on him. I want to make sure the background we set up goes deep enough."

22. - Top - End - #142

EvilClericGuy

The players of Iuliana and Clark Bannon have with drawn from the game due to time commitments and other such personal reasons.

They were both in a scene together, but Erik was waiting for Iuliana to join him in a scene where they would plan Tremere stuff and Clark was going to team up with Sarah for that other plot line.

I am recruiting for players to take over their characters, until then I will play them as NPCs.

Also, I have come up with a system for dealing with the fact that some of us are doing actions that take weeks and some are doing stuff that takes hours.

You will have a weekly action and game time actions.

The weekly action describes what you are working on when not involved in scenes. The Game time actions take from instant to an hour to complete. You'll use them while in scenes.

This way you all can still interact with George and Erik while they are doing their building up businesses and studying new Thaumaturge Rituals.
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-08-05 at 06:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143

EvilClericGuy

Okay, so is anyone waiting on me for anything?

I know that I have to do a scene with Erik and Iuliana with me playing Iuliana.

Does anyone else need information or anything resolved?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm sweet for the time being.

25. - Top - End - #145

just waiting on that.. practicing until then.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

26. - Top - End - #146

EvilClericGuy

Okay.

I have a 5 am shift tommorow at Dunkin Doughtnuts. Yay for summer jobs

I'll become a Romanian woman sometime tommorrow afternoon.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

Harold moves out from behind the dumpster and deigns to continue to move around cloaked by obfuscate. He checks his phone to see if Damarys has returned his text and if it includes the information he requested. He takes a moment to pore over a map at a bus stop (taking one if individual maps are made available), trying to work out in his head the gangs' territorial boundries, while at the same time trying to figure out where the police station might be. No better place to creep around diggin on dirty cops he thinks. If he can't find what he's looking for he texts Damarys and asks her for directions.

28. - Top - End - #148

EvilClericGuy

Iuliana sends a text to Erik's. "At the Kindred Spirits. Clark B chatting with Prince. Prince drunk. Prince telling lots of stories from the attack. Taking notes."

A few hours after their schedualed meeting. Iuliana calls for directions to Erik's place.

Erik you have practiced every ritual level one ritual and level two ritual in your sire's book. (I keep wanting to call them spells). Obviously the level 5 ritual flat out wouldn't work so you wisely skipped them. The level three ritual requires you to pour 7 points of your own blood into a ritual cup, so we are skipping that one for now because of it's high blood cost.

29. - Top - End - #149

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Premsyl View Post
    Harold

Harold moves out from behind the dumpster and deigns to continue to move around cloaked by obfuscate. He checks his phone to see if Damarys has returned his text and if it includes the information he requested. He takes a moment to pore over a map at a bus stop (taking one if individual maps are made available), trying to work out in his head the gangs' territorial boundries, while at the same time trying to figure out where the police station might be. No better place to creep around diggin on dirty cops he thinks. If he can't find what he's looking for he texts Damarys and asks her for directions.
    Harold can find his way to Damarys and Castor. There seems to be few clear cut patterns to the boundaries of the various gangs. Going by streets, they seem to over lap as you notice more and more gang symbols in your wanderings. You consider that the overlap might account for mortal gangs and Sabbat packs.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

He enters the police station through the front door, waiting for an officer to open it to go inside and moving swiftly through the open door. If nothing goes wrong, and he makes sure to be extra careful, he makes his way through the building to Castor and Damarys, staying cloaked until he reaches them.