New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: 4E Keep on the Shadowfell IC

Lord Padraig nods thoughtfully at Aramil's question, apparently still trying to figure out whether he is as powerful as he claims.

"Of course, I realize you do have your expenses as well. I'm willing to reward you with a sum of 100 gold pieces if you can rid us of those kobold bandits. What say you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    That's right, just make an appropriate check whenever you can so it's there when I want to use it!
    "...men have broken the seals to those deep caverns, and now this terror prowls the night under the open sky." —Kuduk Lore

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aramil

Done!

*Sparks*

So, tell me where they are and the task will be done.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Korash

That's good. Now we will get that death cult out of the... wait, why is he talking of kobolds...
    Great. More kobolds.
    Maybe Pelor's ways really are mysterious... well, at least we'll be ready for them - common travellers would be hopeless prey.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Lord Padraig blinks in surprise at the sparks coming from Aramil before smiling contently. He claps his hands twice, sending echoes through the hall. A servant rushes over to the Lords side.

"Sent for some refreshments from the kitchen, my guests seem thirsty."

As he does so, the air in the hall instantly becomes more relaxed. Guards are suddenly more at ease and captain Kelfem takes off his helmet to run a hand through his coarse hair. Soon afterwards, serving wenches come in carrying trays with large clay mugs. The first one is offered to Lord Padraig and the others to you.

"Well then, let us have toast. To Honor and Valour!"

He takes a swag out of the mug before pointing to one of the nearby wooden tables.

"Please, sit down. Kelfem will bring some maps to show you where the little monsters are hiding. You'd best be careful though, they are more organized then ever before."

And as foretold captain Kelfem soon brings a large map, ready to explain the location of the kobold hideout to you.
    "...men have broken the seals to those deep caverns, and now this terror prowls the night under the open sky." —Kuduk Lore

5. - Top - End - #95
    Halfling in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Raella

Raella clears her throat audibly. "Forgive me Lord Padraig for speaking out of turn, but I am curious. Have there been any other adventurers asking about the kobolds?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Incase you want a diplomacy check. (1d20+6)[15]
    Last edited by Hesquidor; 2008-07-29 at 01:37 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96

Aramil

Aramil doesn't take well to the crudely brewed human ale, compared to the fine eladrin wine of his home plane, but he's not one to back down from trying something new. He takes a mug, tips, find the drink not that bad as he sits to look at where the kobolds are, also taking the opportunity to see the location of the keep he is to explore.

You need not worry; all you need to do is sit back and get the welcome party ready.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Lord Padraig shakes his head gravely at Raella's question.

"No, I am afraid there haven't been any other people willing to deal with this dire threat. Why do you ask? You look rather anxious about it... is there something I should know?"

Meanwhile captain Kelfem growls at Aramil's words, pointing at the map before him.

"That's all mighty great, but in order to do so you'll have to reach their lair first. It's rather isolated. But I suppose your magic will get you there fast and easy..."

He smirks at the eladrin wizard, obviously cynical.

8. - Top - End - #98

RangerGuy

"And even if his mighty powers can't, some few of us might still mark the trail so clearly that even he can find it."

Durik winks at the guard captain, moving forward to look over the map.

"I'm likely stuck walking though and the advice of you who know the land would be welcome."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[16] Diplomacy
    Last edited by Diego; 2008-07-29 at 04:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Aramil

The eladrin turns at Durik to glare, his green pupils growing to fill the whole eye as energy seems to crackle around him.

Do not mock me human, I know when I am being ridiculed. I am trained in dozens of studies and you would dare accuse me of not being able to read a map? If that was a joke, it surely was not funny. Now then, I will be off to do a hero's work then.

Aramil gives a bow to Lord Padraig as it is only courteous, and disappears in the blink of an eye.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fey step out of the building, as he has positioned himself close enough to the door for the teleport to take him out in a dramatic flash.
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-07-30 at 03:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

WhiteWizardGirl

Raella

"Ah...no Lord Padraig. It was just that you mentioned treasure hunters and mercenaries wishing to join your service earlier. I thought that some of them might have expressed an interest in the kobolds, or any old ruins nearby...?"

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy - (1d20+6)[26]

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Lord Padraig rubs his chin thoughtfully at Raella's question.

"Come to think of it, I have heard Eilian the Old tell some wild stories about this old burial place lately. You'd have to ask him about it yourself though, I don't know much about it. He can usually be found at Wrafton's Inn, near the gates."

As he looks back towards Raella he smiles.

"But tell me a litlle about yourself. Where are you from?"

Meanwhile their conversation is wildly interrupted by Aramil's sudden disappearance, leaving their company totally flabbergasted. The guard captain rubs his neck nervously, licking his lips in dread.

"W-Why I never thought he'd actually..."

He turns back towards Durik with a pale face.

"You don't suppose Master Silverleaf keeps a grudge over something like this, do you?"
    Last edited by Razarac; 2008-07-30 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Whoops!

12. - Top - End - #102

RangerGuy

"He's mostly harmless. Just... overdone."

I hope.

13. - Top - End - #103

Aramil

Aramil, appearing outside the doors, dusts his robes and proceeds down to the village commons. He gives a look back, expecting some of them to follow after him, but not for long. He leisurely walks to the village gate to prepare for the journey to the kobold lair.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Korash

With a sigh, the dragonborn admits to himself that they are in this with the vanishing man, vain as he may be.
    "We'd better follow him, lest our master of the arcane tackles the whole kobold nest by his lonesome.
    He's an hero alright... but he really doesn't need to be one alone."
    Last edited by Sotto; 2008-08-04 at 02:42 AM.