New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Spectral Knights (IC)

Tol Zorrn

Tol Zorrn carries his things to the bunks on the port side and then takes a look at the cockpit. "So many switches and levers and blinking lamps. But I bet that the main controls are fairly intuitive to handle." He takes a tech manual from the security room and walks back to the main living quarters.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Huh? Oh, a name - well, geez - I, er, guess I never got round to it. More concerned about getting her working than anything else... if you come up with something, run it by me, alright? I'm not one for creativity."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yen Vass

Spying Yukiyo coming his way, Yen quickly moved deeper into the ship after Tol, not wanting to hear another rant. "Well this is an interesting trio we are with. Roro and Kel seem good enough people but that Yukiyo. Almost want to lend her my mask." he said with a chuckle, "But the thought of what Master Lazra would do to me" reaching up to scratch at the side of his head. Surviving her will be a bigger test for me than the mission"
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Yukiyo

There should be futons in this room. Parsimonious Jedi – the entire ship was empty. Scuffing her feet across the floor until they got her to the main hold gave her lots of time to work through it. She caught one of the deck hands as soon as she dropped her things off inside the exit ramp. It was better she hadn’t slept.

“Let the council know I’ll be with them shortly.” They weren’t going to be happy about this.

She cracked the doors open and slipped inside the council chambers. She was making good use of the datapad she stole on the way. It had the beginnings of a supply list now among other things. Their mission was urgent council business. If her invasion annoyed them it was so much better. The supply list would.

“This pad would authorize us to take any supplies we needed for our job, Seran. Your signature would avert great suffering.” He’d been the one to say the Jedi would provide any necessities. Things like extra futons, blankets, pillows, portable stoves, kolto canisters...

...and even stimulant for pilots. “Naturally material attachments lead to the dark side. I understand why your apprentices are so defensive of your things.” In her culture it was almost an insult, a brash challenge of authority with a biting comment behind go with it. She looked each Master in the eyes. What else would they expect?
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-07-08 at 12:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Er - very well, Miss." The deckhand said, having paused in his work in the hangar to be addressed by Yuyiko.

The deckhand walked away, and upon arriving at the council chambers, Yuyiko discovered Master Jeryn waiting for her - the other masters having seemingly departed after their meeting.

"I'm told you have complaints, Miss Yuyiko." The duro stated, sitting in his council chair. "What more do you wish to ask of us?"

As Yuyiko put forward the datapad, Jeryn glanced at it, before putting it on the arm of the chair again. "I cannot give you come-and-go access to our supplies. Make a list, then put it to me for approval." The duro concluded, ignoring Yuyiko's last comment.
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Yukiyo

“Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate,” Swirling on one foot to lounge in the chair belonging to one absent master Kosil. “hate leads to suffering...”
    Her saucy attitude oozed with blithe humour. The datapad was even doing jaunty swirls on its way to her outstretched hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Use the Force – 10 Taken
    All these little stupid buttons should have been bigger and organized alphabetically. It wasn’t very efficient like this, being a datapad and not a keyboard. She smeared her fingers across the letters until she got the tiny delete button.

“Fear is the path to the dark side.” She glanced at Jeryn. “All the other Masters must have taken their infighting somewhere else.” She got to the business of typing up a concise list and handed it to the dreary Duro a few minutes later.

Among the items requested were pillows, blankets, spare futons, basic tools, survival equipment like sun lotions and insect spray, clothing, food, water, utensils, empty containers, footlockers, plasteel cylinders, kolto, medpacs, spare lab equipment, over-the-counter drugs and the controversial stimulant packages pilots used to stay awake in flight.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-07-08 at 03:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Master Jeryn raised a hand, not looking to Yuyiko as he did. The datapad stopped in its path, being held in place by a much more prominent mastery of the force. "You did not tell us you were force-sensitive, Miss Yuyiko. It was for that reason we had been forced to recruit outside of the jedi order - and for that reason you were hired. Now we find that you are, in fact, force sensitive. Our investment has now become a threat to the non-sensitive amidst the group." Jeryn remarked, turning his head with a narrow gaze to Yuyiko.

"Your recitations of the code of descent to darkness does not provoke confidence, either. You speak of it almost harmonically. Rest assured - I will keep my eyes on you, Miss Yuyiko." Jeryn concluded, releasing the datapad back to it's original course into her hand.

A moment later, as Yuyiko finished the list and returned it to Jeryn, he ran through it himself - removing the stimulants from the list as he did - and signed it, saving and locking the file before handing it back to her.
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2008-09-03 at 04:13 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Yukiyo

They both had a way of ignoring tension. He eventually returned his own datapad. “Thanks.”
    Before he should be able to answer she was half way out the door with better things to do. On her way back to the Freighter there was enough time to stop for a fresh set of clothes and a throw blanket. As soon as it started raining she’d have grateful feet. For now they felt sore. Until she was back inside the ship she ignored the deck jockeys. Their new supply manifest went to someone on the crew. She double checked to make sure they knew how important it was before taking a seat in the starboard cabin.

Somehow she sort of managed to arrange a flowing mountain of luggage into a bed. It was soothing here. She closed her eyes to sleep.

9. - Top - End - #39

Rhys Da'car

Rhys was the unlucky recipient of Miss Yukiyo's list of 'stuff'. Supplies she called it, but it was stuff. He did, however, notice that it had Master Jeryn's approval, so he went about gathering up the items, checking each off as he did so. Being a member of the order he knew where to go for each of the items, although he gave an embarrassed shrug when questioned about it.

Finally he employs the services of a loading droid to assist in carrying the assortment of gear and loading it into the cargo hold. He takes the datapad back to Miss Yukiyo to show her that everything is accounted for but here she's piled up her prestigious luggage into a fort in the cabin and has fallen asleep.

Rhys sighs gently and grabs his holdall off the bunk behind the sleeping girl, he deposits it on the bunk closest to the door and exits, leaving the girl to sleep, and enters the main cabin. "All set to leave I think guys. Miss Yukiyo is napping."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Kel:

Kel emerges from the security room, maintenance logbook still in hand. "Sounds good - I think I can sort out the rest of this as we go. But if you'd do me a favor, Tol? Try to take it easy on her for the first little while. I'm not sure how much testing some of these repairs have actually had, and I want to make sure the power couplings are run in properly."

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #41

Roro Caranto

Roro wakes suddenly from his brief nap, then stretches and walks to the main cabin. He says, "Are we ready to depart, then? The sooner we solve this conundrum, the better."
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

Current Characters:

Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

12. - Top - End - #42

Tol Zorrn

"Everyone and everything aboard ? Alright then.", says Tol and walks to to the cockpit, taking the pilot's seat. He stares a moment at the controls and opens a channel. "Ground control, this is ...", but then stops.

Darn, this ship really needs a name, isn't that a regulation ? Cleared with the BoSS and other organizations ? I also don't deem it lucky to fly with a nameless ship. He walks back into the main living quarters and tells the others of his thoughts.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2008-07-09 at 02:55 AM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Kel:

"I tend to agree, Tol. Let me check the logs here," Kel says, paging through the ship's records.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

The ships logs don't return anything useful concerning ID's.

NOTE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just a quick bump to alert you guys that the game is resuming play since the forum came back online!
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2008-07-19 at 03:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Yen Vass

"Luck is for those without belief in the force" Yen said, reaching out with the force to bring a cup to hand, "But it's a good ally for in times of need" he finished placing it onto the table. "I'm not too fussed with the choice of name, just make sure it isn't something that will set of warning bells everywhere we go."

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Rhys Da'car

Rhys frowns at Yen's negligent use of the force and walks to pick up a cup for himself. Taking a sip he says, "I agree with Yen. I am also not fussed on the name, but let's not go out advertising ourselves whatever is picked."

17. - Top - End - #47

Roro Caranto

Roro supplies his own input, "I believe the name should be something of significance, for such an important mission, though, as has been said, not enough to endanger said mission. A balance between artistry and practicality."
    Last edited by Tar Palantir; 2008-07-21 at 09:34 AM.

Current Characters:

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Kel Garfun:

Kel settles into one of the seats in the main hold, staring off into space and mumbling to himself. "But everybody names their ships - it's the oldest and most widespread superstition in the galaxy! Even smugglers name their ships - and usually throw in two or three fake IDs for good measure. Even pirates name their ships. But... not this ship? Weird."

Shaking his head, he focuses again and speaks aloud to the rest of the group. "Well, I did see something, it looked like the manufacturer's serial, in a couple of places. It was, ah... 99TK-1138-421-THX. So how about Ninety-Nine for the ship's name? It's simple and memorable, at least."

19. - Top - End - #49

Rhys

"Ninety-nine sounds good to me."

20. - Top - End - #50

Tol Zorrn

"Ninety-Nine ? Alright. Simple, yet a bit quirky. I like it too.", says Tol and walks back to the cockpit.

He opens the channel again and says "Ground control, this is the Dynamic-class freighter '99'. Requesting clearance for take-off and a course into orbit."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Roger that, 99 - you are authorised to depart. Good hunting." Came a reply on the comm, respulsor field around the hangar dissipating as the magna-locks released the ship's landing gear.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I need you to make me a pilot check to head out into the atmosphere (Clearly pointing out who's in making the check, and who's 'Aid Another'-ing) and an Computer Use to make the necessary Astrogation plots to get to Belkadan. Keep in mind, you gain a bonus from having an on-board navicomputer.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Yen Vass

"Ninety Nine." Yen said under his voice shaking his head slightly, "Suppose it could be worse. Well I'm of no use for driving this thing, so I think I'll just return to the bunks for some meditation till we get under-way and we have a chance to get to know each other", continuing under his breath as he got to his feet, "and why my masters chose you for this mission"

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Tol Zorrn

Tol Zorrn activates the repulsorlift engine and retraces the landing gear. He steers slowly out of the hangar, activates the sublight drive with 1/4 power and ascends. When he has moved away from the temple he increases the speed and flies into orbit. "Ok, Mr. Garfun. Plot a course to Belkadan."

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on the Pilot check for a result of 19 (21 if a co-pilot aids)
    Last edited by Amiria; 2008-07-22 at 07:09 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Roro Caranto

Roro is a bit sluggish, but still knows his way around a cockpit. He does his best to assist Tol in heading out of the planet's iron grip.

Spoiler
    Show

Aiding another on the pilot check, taking 10 for a total of 15, so Tol gets his +2 boost. Yay, I'm participating!

Current Characters:

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Kel:

Kel takes the jumpseat behind Tol as the ship maneuvers out of the hangar and begins entering parameters into the navicomputer. "Coming... right... up... There! Okay, we're good to go as soon as we clear the planet's gravity well."

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 10 on Use Computer: 10+13=23.

26. - Top - End - #56

Rhys

Rhys retires to the main cabin and straps in during the journey to orbit and into hyperspace. He sits quietly meditating in the Force on the journey ahead.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Ninety-Nine departs without too much trouble, and the ship makes tracks into hyperspace. Roughly a day goes by as the journey goes on (OOC Note) and the ship eventually drops out of hyperspace to a peculiar sight.

Ahead is what looks like a dead cruiser. It seems to have been shattered and blasted across the hull in a variety of places, and there are no signs of life - or even of there ever being life on it. No floating corpses, no splatters - its as though someone just saw a destroyed calamari cruiser in their shipyards and thought to throw it out into the 'space trash'.

Just beyond it is Belkadan - the planet seems simple enough, and communication signals from the observation outpost come through clear as day. No hails are made as of yet, but the option is available. A clearly-plotted landing course is projected by the navicomputer as you approach.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to do anything throughout the day of downtime, PM it to me if it's private or just post it here in your next post.
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2008-07-25 at 08:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Rhys

When the ship drops out of hyperspace Rhys enters the cockpit to watch the approach to the planet through the viewport. Seeing the destroyed ship he closes his eyes and reaches out to the Force to see if he can get a read on what might have happened, or whether there are any beings on board.

Spoiler
    Show

Take 10 on use the force for a 17 total to sense surroundings and or sense force.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Kel

"That's strange," Kel says, looking out at the derelict ship from the navigator's position. "I wonder what happened there." He pauses for a moment before going on, "That thing is a hazard to navigation, though, so I'm logging its position and orbital trajectory," as he enters a quick series of commands into the computer, "and maybe somebody from the planet can look it over before they scuttle it."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like Kel's bunking down in the portside cabin. The "navigator's position" referenced above is the portside jumpseat, immediately behind the pilot's seat and adjacent to the navicomputer.

30. - Top - End - #60

frown Re: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Spectral Knights (IC)

Yen Vass

"Though the thing that I find the strangest is it looks as though it was abandoned first. Why would someone abandon a ship, and then destroy it unless to hide something" Yen said, looking at the cruiser. "Sith do cause wanton destruction. Does this ship have sensors to see if any atmosphere remains on that cruiser, because either way, I'm curious as to what the ship holds"

Spoiler
    Show