New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Spectral Knights (IC)

Yen Vass

"I wouldn't have a clue. I'm just making a best guess as to what it does, and I would guess none of those who invented it or worked on it would bother with testing it with force sensitives, so I guess which ever one of us uses this thing will be the first to find out." Yen said, turning to look at the technicians closing his eyes for a moment to reach out with the force.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use the force to search for force sensitives in the area
    Force - (1d20+9)[14]
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rhys

"Well, no point in waiting around. Do you want to try it out or will I?"

3. - Top - End - #93

Tol Zorrn

Tol turns to Laura again. "So, this is the deep space sensor control. How does it work ? And what are the coordinates where you discovered the anomalies in the Force ?"
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Anomalies in the force? We didn't sense those - none of us here are Jedi. That must have been the council - they told us they had some locations you guys were going to check out on the rim, but that was it. And you don't question the Jedi about their business." Laura added.

"Concerning how it works - as your friend said, it just points itself at the destination input on the charts we have here, and it directly feeds all the information to your central brain, where it is interpreted and percieved as though actively there. You feel like you're actually there, despite really being here."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

5. - Top - End - #95

Rhys

Rhys steps up to the machine and asks Laura to show him how to plug in coordinates. He has her enter the first set of coordiantes from the coucil and settles into the machine, to try it out.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Rhys steps into the machine, he feels an intense sense of claustrophobia. Only his strict Jedi training allow him to overcome a desire - and need - to get out of the machine as quickly as possible.

The top half of the machine slowly descends, only making the feeling worse as it finally seals the Jedi in, before humming quietly.

Inside, Rhys feels a series of waves project into his mind as a beam of light launches from the pod to his forehead. With an incredible pulling sensation that seems to Rhys to be not-unlike a brain biopsy, he blinks, his form changing from the darkness of the pod to the star-lit pocket of space before him. The sense of freedom in comparison to the claustrophobia is incredible - the entire system is spread out before him, and his feet are on solid ground, despite his body being seemingly in space.

The joyous freedom is soon replaced, as a dark form looms on the horizon, blocking a considerable portion of the sun. A ship of sorts, it seems - but it enters from a rift that Rhys had never seen. Rather than arriving from hyperspace, the ship seems to be slowly coming through a red-and-purple portal, easily large enough to consume an entire capital ship.

As it finally escapes this bizarre portal, only it's silhouette can be made clear until the abyssal entryway finally closes and seals behind it - and Rhys suddenly becomes much more frightened.

The ship advances towards him with a sense of malice - a sense that Rhys feels incredibly well. A dark and evil entity resides upon the ship, of such magnitude he can barely stand to share it's presence. The cruiser floats a moment, before firing in eight different directions - the projectiles move too quickly for Rhys to make note, but they seem to move quickly until they reach the borders of the system, and then jump to hyperspace - smaller craft of sorts.

It isn't until the ship finally begins moving that Rhys notes something - the ship in front of him is almost identical - undamaged, but otherwise identical, structure-and-construction wise - to the ship in orbit of Belkadan.

Meanwhile, outside the pod...

"Uh - Laura, could you come look at this?"

"What is it..?"

"It looks like debris from that orbiting ship are flaling to the planet."

"Is that all? What caused it, minor asteroid collision?"

"That's just the thing - it hasn't hit anything recently. It's completely unprovoked, like it just broke off of it's own will."

"Huh. Well, I'm sure it's got a reasonabl-"

"Laura, we got trouble over here! The pieces are converging on our location!"

"What!?"

"They're heading straight for the station - and are speeding up!"

"Fifteen seconds to impact!"

"EVERYONE OUT! NOW!" Laura yelled, heading towards the door in a sprint.

The other technicians followed suit, except for the twi'lek - who remained by the pod containing Rhys, rapidly disabling it in hopes of getting the Jedi out before the smash occured. Rhys felt the brain-biopsy sensation once again before the twi'lek was in front of him, shouting.

"We've gotta get out of here! Follow me, Quick! Move!"

Rhys and the Twi'lek moved as quickly as possible to the door, but both were knocked flat by a resulting impact before they managed to get to it, the rest of the party stopping in their retreat to safety as they noted their companion had fell.

Immediately, a large, blackened chunk of the ship begin to hiss, and a compartment slowly opened...

Rhys felt the intense presence of evil once again.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative Checks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

7. - Top - End - #97

Rhys

Rhys manages to resist the urge to step out of the machine as it closes around him and relaxes, letting the force carry him through the pain as it starts up. He revels in the feeling of freedom as the machine begins to transfer it effect to him, belatedly centering himself before he's lost in the experience. As the ship emerges from the portal he watches the events unfold in front of him with a growing sense of horror. The shape of the ship brings up a multitude of questions in his mind, he catalogues them to be asked later.

The sudden pain of the machine shutting down, coupled with the panicked instructions from the Twilek technician momentarily confuses Rhys. He stumbles from the machine towards the exit after the tech, only to be knocked to the floor by the impact. Getting to his feet he turns to face the source of the dark menace he feels.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative (1d20+7)[25]

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Yukiyo
    Anxiously watching the pod crash in the research complex was slightly more harrowing than the horror of watching it screech down from the sky. For a second she wasn’t sure if it was going to squish her. She must be lucky - instead someone else got packed down.
    Down the elevator then right for main control, Yukiyo checked Ninety-nine’s sensors, and started getting the ship ready for a quick takeoff. The loading ramp was still up. Her thoughts lay in her wry smile.

Where was that escape pod from?

As soon as it was ready, Ninety-nine was going someplace else; they’d not be mad if she brought it back.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-09-30 at 04:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yen Vass

Hearing that something was plummeting towards them, Yen Vass had a quick glance at the machine where Rhys was trapped before turning and following the technicians out of the place with all haste.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+8)[9]
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

10. - Top - End - #100

Tol Zorrn

"It's an attack !?", says Tol disbelievingly. But he also takes to his heels and sprints to the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[16]
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Kel

Once through the door, Kel throws himself sideways into the corner and drops into a crouch. The sound of a door hissing open prompts him to draw his weapon and poke his head out into the doorway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+8)[16]

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay, guys - I just got back from a rather spontaneous trip to Germany, and had no web access while I was there - I'll post in an hour or so the first round, and then let's get this thing kicked off good and proper!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is everyone still playing?

14. - Top - End - #104

OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still in

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sigh. The internet access we had installed at home has since been revoked by technical issues. I'll post as often as possible given the circumstances, guys - please bare with me. And now: A post.

Rhys and Kel whirl about to face their opponent, and Rhys can barely think about who or what sent it here as the mere concept of what it is overwhelms him. Stepping from the pod is none-other than a battered and scarred-looking human, smirking with some sort of deep menace that only furthers the discomfort Rhys feels from his aura. With a dawning realisation, the jedi confirms from the tattered apparel of his enemy that he is facing one of his own - a member of the order. The feeling of evil is tripled tenfold as Rhys comes to this conclusion, and a dread in the base of his stomach grips him as his opponent reaches for his own lightsaber hilt on his belt.The twi'lek that accompanied Rhys out of the device doesn't look back as he flees from the new threat. With an audible snap-hiss, a green beam of light emanates from his weapon, and he takes stance against the padawan learner.

Actions!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Kel

It isn't the new arrival's tattered clothing that goads Kel into action; it's the way the newcomer immediately went for his weapon and squared off against Rhys, without so much as a word of inquiry or warning, that tells the former CorSec officer all he needs to know. He extends his weapon past the corner and carefully lines up a shot at the newcomer. "Hostile! Hostile! Engaging target!" he shouts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage: (3d6+1)[17]

I'm assuming that the target is within 20 squares and that Point-Blank Shot is therefore in play; I'm also using the corner to provide cover against the dark Jedi.

((EDIT: Figures. A lousy attack roll, so of course this'd be the time I roll near-max damage.
    Last edited by Philistine; 2008-10-13 at 07:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Rhys

Rhys, gripped in fear, reaches for his own lightsaber and ignites the blue blade with its own snap hiss. Keeping his eyes on the emerging presence, not looking at the twi'lek technician, he says, "Get behind me!" He drops into a defensive stance, letting the Force wash away his fear, he sets himself to face the fallen jedi.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fighting defensively for a +5 to reflex.

HP: 30
    Fort / Ref / Will: 12 /14 (19) /14

Last edited by Rane126; 2008-10-14 at 01:02 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Waiting to see if there are any other actions before continuing with the combat...

Meanwhile, at the ship outside, Yukiyo's attention was drawn to a bleeping console as she began the start-up procedures - a fighter was inbound on her position, but weapons were safely stowed and it was advancing towards the planet following the same tracjectories they had taken to arrive in the dock. According to a long-range scanner result from the 99, the fighter's hyperdrive was damaged beyond repair without a readily-available stardock to hand, and it was emanating the Jedi-order identification codes - the very same beacon that identified Jedi from the order and confirmed their authenticity when encountered in the field.

(You're free to hail the fighter - or the fighter the freighter, if you like, Falee. )
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Falee Aren

The damaged ship hails the station: "Falee Aren to Republic Station, requesting landing clearance. My hyperdrive is damaged and I'm in need of assistance..."

The girl inside the Starfighter determindely steers her faltering ship towards the landing platform, hoping to evade any starting ships. This is why I hate flying. Something always happens. Always. The noise of the engine is everything but reassuring, as is the obvious sign of impact on the buildings. What did you get me into, this time?

Carefully, she engages the reverse thrusters to slow her ship and touch down somewhere out of the way...
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

Wonderful Avatar by Ceika

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Yukiyo, Ninety-nine
    This seat was taken, don’t crash on me!

She didn’t have to see her reflection to see her horrified expression. She forced it to be Pazaak before she did anything. Yukiyo liked knowing part of three things would happen. It would crash somewhere else, it would crash on her, or it would crash on them. Too bad you, ne, someone..?

The safest place would be in the ship, and since it was following the Ninety-nine

“K’uur,” She told the comm. microphone, Yukiyo hoped whomever was in there understood the Mandalorian equivalent of ‘Hush’. At least before she started talking in basic, they knew she meant business.
    “I need you to adjust your approach Right Now. This is Ninety-nine, sitting where you’ll crash that scrap if you don’t fly in manually. There should be clear space beside the landing pad, and nothing else should be in the way. Confirm your ship is no longer flight worthy, if that's true why bother with clearance?”

She listened for an answer. Protocol, safety and irresponsibility, someone would want to yell at her later. She didn’t want to be close enough to hear it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    KOTOR Soundtrack – The Temple
    You like tension too right?
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-10-15 at 05:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Falee Aren

"I'm not going to crash on you, 99. Just don't do anything hasty and stay put." The voice on the com is that of a girl with a Coruscant accent. She is not panicking, but very calm, maybe with a slight note of annoyance in her tone.

Fine. No Flight Control, but a nervous pilot. What has happened here? Falee still keeps her trajectory under control, steering in the ship manually and carefully.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

If not someone she’d wanted to hear, it was better off this way. Reassured and not quite finished yet, Yukiyo had one last thing to say:

“Unless you want trouble, stop screaming Jedi. I’ll be here. End.”

She was talking about the Jedi codes registering the ship. For once, she wasn’t going to have to explain herself. Yukiyo kept an eye on the falling starfighter, and worked on the ship’s takeoff. She didn’t want to bother the pilot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whenever Ninety-nine is ready.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Falee Aren

Ignoring the comments from the freighter, Falee takes her ship in and lands...

Hopefully, that won't be a mistake or a complete waste of time...

After she touches down, she climbs out of the cockpit and looks around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+7)[13]
    Use Force - (1d20+7)[23]

Sensing her surroundings... What is wrong here?
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

The evil-empowered enemy moved forward, deflecting the blaster bolts of Kel as he did so, lunging out at Rhys. The padawan blocked the attack with a practised ease, and continued his defencive kata as the opponent pressed the offence.

-------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Falee touched down next to the 99, in the previously spacious but non-official landing space that Yukiyo had advised. Inside the building, both of the external people heard blaster fire from within.
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2008-10-24 at 03:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Falee Aren

She raises her head, then starts to run into the building, using available cover - peeking around edges and so on - to find out what is going on here, and she readies her lightsaber, but does not activate it yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just in case it becomes relevant:

Initiative - (1d20+7)[16]

And Liliedhe is me, the player. The character is Falee.^^
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Yukiyo, Ninety-Nine

Now that Ninety-nine was ready for takeoff, she swung her chair after the SysOp. controls. If they worked well, she’d try anything she could to tag individuals with the sensors. She had a feeling her guns were biggest.

27. - Top - End - #117

Tol Zorrn

Spoiler
    Show
    ... wonders what he could do.
    [ooc]Really, where is he in relation to the lightsaber fight ? Can he get there ? Does he see it ? Can he shoot at the bad guy right away ? Why did you only mention Rhys and Kel reacting to the opponent in this post when Tol and Yen Vass should also be there. [/ooc]

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

Rhys

Holding his defensive position Rhys says to the new arrival, "What has happened to you to fill you so full of the dark side?"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Kel

Kel leans around the corner again to take another shot. He scans the hallway as he ducks back, looking for a fallback point.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (3d6+1)[11]

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You - along with everyone else in the corridor - can see the lightsaber fight, and Kel dealing with the new arrival. You got half way down the corridor before he kicked open his pod.

The jedi merely smirked, constantly swinging and attempting to find a way around the padawan's defence. With a degree of difficulty - as though fighting a force beyond his control - he uttered a pair of words. "K-...Kill me."

Once again, the sabers clashed as the opposing jedi tried to slice Rhys in twain, blocked securely by the padawan's weapon.
    Spoiler
    Show