New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Forgotten Realms: Murders in the Rue Inn

Jared

Jared thinks for a bit before asking, "By the way Geoffrey, what has happened to the remains and possessions of the previous victims? Are they available for inspection?"

Spoiler
    Show

@Hydwen: Are there scraps of Cloth mixed in with the Dust?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ark speaks up. "All the other bodies, except for the ones in the Rue Inn now, have been buried or cremated, remember?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Jared

Jared gives a small frown before replying, "Well buried doesn't mean not available for inspection. If there are no other leads, we could have them exhumed, but I sincerely hope it won't have to come down to that."

"Also, the possession of known victims are returned to their family, but what happens to the possession of unknown victims? Are they buried with the bodies? Or are they kept somewhere else where we can see them without going Grave Robbing?"

The nature mage pauses to scratch himself behind his fluffy white ears before continuing, "Well, we'll think about that later. If there is nothing else here, lets take that vial, and see what happened at the Inn."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

"The rest of them were just like this, more or less. We checked them over...even had a cleric come down and see if he could make heads or tails out of this, but no luck," Geoffrey says, looking away from the body. "You'd have to get a special order from the Marquis anyway, and he seldom worries himself with such trivialities."

"Well, we kept the possessions of the unknown, in case their identities become known, and if not, the city auctions what they can after a year. They're over in the evidence room..." he says, looking back toward the door. "We've got records too, lists, of the possessions of the known victims. We asked their families, or the people they were traveling with, to keep their things around until the investigation is complete, but no telling how that worked out. A fair number of them were just passing through, so their stuff could be halfway to Baldur's Gate by now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, no scraps of cloth as far as you can tell, although that could be that they were removed, not disintegrated.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Jared

Jared nods as the guard answers, "I see. One last question, I notice the dust doesn't seem to have cloth scraps. Did the Victims have their clothes on when they were found and you removed them, or were they found, uh, naked as it were?"

Spoiler
    Show

I leave it to you guys whether you want to go to the inn, or rummage through possessions the of the unknowns.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Thaedras

Well I need a copy of the lists and records as soon as you can get one for me. Also I would like to check the other items here then go to the inn. There's no more time to dally.
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Walfir

Walfir curiously examines the inky vial, but with little experience in human alchemicals the big dog has nothing to add. Disinterested in the administrative details of the Riders' investigation, he pads to the door and looks back pointedly for Geoffrey to lead them off.