New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Starsong. (A Diabolical Campaign)

Aelenrian

Aelen waits until the elf is out of sight before whispering to her comrades. "You know what I said about not insulting their officials? Forget it. If they don't shape up a little, I say we leave them to burn." She hisses, her knuckles white as she grips her staff.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aldrok

Aldrok smiles a big grin. He was thinking something similar. He would have said something but he has too much riding on this gig.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Ikhnaton

Ruyake sighs, and then shakes his head.

"Believe me, I am just as irritated as you with that woman, but as appealing as that sounds, I'm not inclined to blame her coworkers for her failings.

In any case, she's no longer in our way, so let's take advantage of the fact."

With that, he begins to walk toward the room, where he hopes to finally get to the meeting responsible for ending his rather pleasant dreams.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Aelen

Aelen sighs and loosens her grip on her staff as she follows Ruyake into the room. "You are right, she alone is not enough to condemn the city. But I do not have high hopes that others will be much better."
    Last edited by Dhavaer; 2008-09-18 at 04:13 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

You cross through the door to the right and enter a rather large octagonal room with a massive floor to ceiling window lining the south wall. The other walls hold floor to ceiling bookshelves made of stout oak and bearing masterful carvings that depict sweeping landscapes highlighted with gold and silver gilding. Upon those shelves rest tomes ranging from modern law to the most ancient of ritual books, all clean and obviously well cared for. On the shelves few empty spaces rests items from the Lord Justicar's life ranging from a detailed wood carving of a gold dragon to small gems and pieces of jewelry set in a small pile.

In the center of the room is a massive desk broad enough for two people to lay upon it and it too is masterfully carved and gilded, though its carvings bear scenes of war, not the peaceful carvings that adorn the shelves. Sitting at the desk is a man that can only be the Lord Justicar. He appears old, his trimmed beard the color of snow, as is his thinning hair and though he may be going bald he still has enough to make an impressive ponytail. His form is still athletic as if the man does his best to stay in shape and he obviously takes care of himself. He is dressed clothes designed more for comfort than to impress anyone and an almost impossibly thing long sword rests against the desk near him its hilt made of jade and some kind of scaled leather.

He turns his head up from a piece of parchment and looks at all of you with eyes the color of ice for a long moment before he leans back in his rather large and comfortably stuffed chair, folding his hands over his torso. "Well you look greener than I would've first thought." he says, his voice gruff and bearing the confidence of a man who has spent the majority of his life giving orders. "I apologize on behalf of Lady Zia.. xia.." he frowns and sighs. "Whatever that elf's overly complicated name is." he says, waving a hand as if to dismiss her.

He reaches over and grabs a pan of hot wax and pours a large amount on the parchment before him before he grabs a massive seal and stamps it into the wax. "You have been called to me so we can talk. If I ask you a question I expect a truthful answer. Lie to me and your execution will be quick and I will spend the rest of the week listening to Madame Blount complain about scrubbing you out of the carpets." he says, no real humor in his voice. "So.. Talk."
    Corpses: Crack open a cold one today!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Aelenrian

"We arrived last night and found lodgings just before the song arrived. I recognised it as the Ahgru Zyr, a magical phenomenon associated with an aberrant being known as Ahgrulak. Ahgrulak is... accessable would be the word, I suppose, when the Ahgru Zyr manifests, and can be drawn closer to the world by use of sacrifices of residuum and souls."

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187

Aldrok

Aldrok doesn't even notice the Lord Justicar. The second his eyes fell on the bookshelves, they stayed there. He walks casually over to one and runs a finger along the spines of the books.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Odin Thorn

Odin shakes his head throughout Aelen's explanation. After she finishes, he talks to himself in a stage whisper, "You know, I don't like this place. We're rudely awakened, pushed around, told to wait, stay, come, go, and then we're threatened. Ugh,"

He shakes himself and stares directly at the Justicar's eyes, growling, "Aelenrian speaks the truth. We're done, so why don't you talk?
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-09-19 at 10:55 PM.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

The Lord Justicar nods his head after Aelen's brief explanation of what the group has found out about the purpose of the starsong. He turns his head, watching as Aldrok runs his finger down the spines and when Odin whispers to himself he leans back in his chair, a smirk etched upon his face.

"Yes puppy. You have been pushed around, treated as if you weren't wanted and drawn into a fight that isn't your own." the man says, fixing the shifter with his ice blue stare. "And yet here you are, still planning on solving this mystery though you will utter a few choice complaints along the way." The Lord Justicar smiles and opens a rather large desk drawer, pulling out a long, flat wooden case. "The Duke himself has heard your names and it was his decree, being the ones of most use who have answered his call, that I consider accepting you into the brotherhood of Justicars as an Acolyte." He puts the case on the desk before him and looks up to see the groups reactions.

"What say you?"

10. - Top - End - #190

Aldrok

Aldrok pauses his search of the bookshelf. "Acolyte?" He raises an eyebrow and turns to the Justicar. "Explain."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

"It means you will effectively become a member of the Scura Justicarus and given authority by myself and the His Grace to continue to undergo the investigation you have already initiated. Although you will be at the bottom of the rung in Justicar rankings you may be able to call upon the authority and service of the Scura Justicarus, the Mezorne Protarian, and the Cercatorian Magorus if they so wish to give their aid though you will not be in a position to command it." The Lord Justicar says, folding his hands before him.
    Last edited by DiabolicalFurby; 2008-09-20 at 02:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Ikhnaton

A position tasked to do what I've already planned on, and the benefits of minor rank and a support network? Not bad...

Ruyake bows slightly, and then says,

"Lord Justicar, I would be honored, if you judge me worthy. Will there be any duties that will interfere with my work as a knight of the realm?"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Odin Thorn

Odin's right ear starts twitching at the mention of 'puppy,' but the rest of the Justicar's reply cuts his heated reply short. He mostly blinks for the next few moments, trying to make sense of it in his head.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Aelenrian

Aelen briefly leans her head against her staff, thinking. "By the sound of it, becoming acolytes is the only way to continue the investigation officially. I assume it is only for the duration of the investigation?"

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195

Aldrok

"Eh... I don't have to sign anything, or take an oath, do I?"