New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Infinite Fantasy IC

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...15#post4560315

All characters discover themselves in a very large room. In the center is a wide, pool of water, which can be drinkable. Visions of your world can be seen. You are all aware of a new massive, trade situation taking place between planets through portals. It appears, through the visions in the pool, that something is manipulating events to cause a catastrophic event that none of you are certain of.

Further investigation will lead to the discovery of a vast number of rooms capable of holding at least a city full of people. A computer is discovered in one of the massive rooms, serving what may be a bridge. Even closer inspection will reveal that this artificial city is both something of deep technological and wizardly design.

You've been here for three hours, and there is still much to be discovered, apparently there is no way out, yet.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Infinite Fantasy IC

Vivi observed the new land, the new land was suspiously advanced, what sort of devices could it contain, what dangers could they hide?

ooc: what's te last thing that goes through your mind when Vivi kills you?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Vivi observed the new land, the new land was suspiously advanced, what sort of devices could it contain, what dangers could they hide?

ooc: what's te last thing that goes through your mind when Vivi kills you?

OOC:This sure hurts!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Vivi then looked meekly(if you could see his face) at the rather tall,and fugly demon. Excuse me sir, Do you happen to know where we are?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

His hat pulled low, most of Greg's scowl was hidden-but it was clear he was uncomfortable in this environment. He kept his ARM ready to put down any varmints or golems that might jump up. The silence was broken by what looked like. . .a talking doll?. . . .

I don't know where we're at son, but I'll promise you this. There aint a lick o' good in this situation. Tech like this aint for nothing but a society ready to blow its damn self up."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Kezrad

Kezrad, resplendent and mighty in his demonic form standing 13 feet tall, impressive for one of his kind, looked up from the pool. Besides being tall, he had scales all about his form, his scales were a fiery red color, tinged with a sickening green on his skin and around his eyes. His eyes glowed with fire the same color as the green on his skin. His long scaled reptilian tale swayed back and forth as it seemed to sprout from under his long tattered cloak of blood red. Ancient twisted armors adorned his form, leering demonic faces carved in bronze and iron. He shifted left to right on his large cloven hooves as he looked up before finally settling in a relaxed pose, his arms folded on his chest. No, I do not little creature. I grow weary of this forced confinement. A pity you do not seem to know either. An ugly look came upon his face, a look that did not seem at all pleasant, and then it passed just as quickly.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-07-10 at 04:05 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Vivi would have looked confused, if he had a face to see.
    The fugly demon didn't know, and the nice western man did'nt know, well then there's only one way to find out.
    Vivi bounded off to the city with surprising speed for such a little guy calling back to Mr.demon and the nice western guy.
    What are you waiting for? Let's get goin' we've only got one life, why not make it a blast?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The first thing outside the door visible is a large area full of plants taken care of by automated systems once its time to do so. The air is very refreshing and everyone, even Vivi feels invigorated.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Vivi took an audibly deep breath, he felt great for the first time in a long time.
    See nothing bad happened, aren't you glad you followed me now?
    With that statement/question Vivi walked up to the big door, and realizing that he did'nt have the strength to make an audible knock, he asked Mr.Demon to please come over. However he was still trying to jump, and reach the knocker as he asked
    Mr.Demon sir would you mind ehh, coming over, and, ehh using this, ehh, knocker for me?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Kezrad

Kezrad was still staring into the pool, calming his mind in preparation for an advanced spell when the annoying little creature piped at him. He turned, annoyance clearly written upon his features, and flicked his wrist at the door. The knocker knocked loudly on the door three times, and then he went back to crafting his spell. The spell was designed to use ordinary water as a sort of "scrying screen" when there was lack of a proper tool, but given that this pool already had such properties he was molding the spell to enhance the properties and show everything in more detail at his whim.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The spell seemed ineffective. Kezrad did see Azeroth united, however. It seemed he may have been gone longer than he had thought. Dalaran had been rebuilt and it had seemed as if the southern former Kingdom of Azeroth were taken over by the Legion.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Vivi chuckled to himself, the demon really didn't know that he knew what he was doing, he just didn't care a scrying spell is a scrying spell, nothing big to worry about.
    Thank you Mr.Demon.
    He now waited for a response from the door.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-07-10 at 06:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Kezrad

Kezrad growls deep in his throat, and shifts his focus. He knew the situation on Azeroth, and it didn't seem like something he would want to get caught up in unless he could get to the Lich King. He had garnered some small aid from Ner'Zhul in the past, but he didn't know exactly what influence the change to the Lich King had brought upon him, and he didn't want to test that unless he had to. His focus shifted to the other worlds, and more notably the one most similar to Azeroth. This time he used the knowledge of some ancient tomes of magic he had "acquired" from Dalaran, and an old technique he learned back in the First Invasion of Azeroth. He attempted to use the power of the pool, but he was careful to keep it separate from himself, lest something go awry.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The door opens, as a faceless automoton greets him."Welcome to World City." It then goes back to gardening.

Kezrad feels a massive backlash. Mystic force propels him against the walls of the room. Something has gone awry.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-07-10 at 06:58 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Kezrad

Using his brute magical force he keeps himself steady. Since he had taken the precaution of keeping the energy separate, it was easy to dissipate the spell and cast off the energy assailing him by releasing his hold on the magic of the pool.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Kezrad

Using his brute magical force he keeps himself steady. Since he had taken the precaution of keeping the energy separate, it was easy to dissipate the spell and cast off the energy assailing him by releasing his hold on the magic of the pool.
    An automoton speaks from behind him."If you try that again the pool may place you in an undesirable location."

17. - Top - End - #17

SwashbucklerGuy

As the automaton appears, instinct briefly overrides reason. Greg in an instant has placed himself between Vivi and the accursed faceless machine-the oversized barrel of his gun leveled at the machine.

"Watch it young'un! No matter how nice these things talk, you gotta remember they aint no better than whoever programmed 'em. "

As the automaton ignores him and goes back to gardening, Greg settles down.

. . .Sorry. . .So what's your handle ((ooc: name)) any how son?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Kezrad

Kezrad turns irritatedly at the voice. Perhaps you would care to explain how I can get this pool to display the visions of my choosing. It would have been nice not to resort to messing with the inherent energy of an unknown magical source just to get the view I want, unless of course you have a normal pool of water I can use, or a mirror. Kezrad, over his self-imposed exile, had learned that dealing with the lesser races was more yielding when diplomacy was used, and of course it didn't hurt that he was a "guest" and he knew it. He could not obtain power if he was dead.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Vivi looks up with cheerful yellow eyes and says to Greg
    Well, my names Vivi, and I fancy my self a mage. So what's your name freindly western man?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cloud looks around, clearly not happy about his current situation. His hand rests on hilt of one of the six blades emerging from the complex harness which serves a sheath. (it's difficult to tell which sword). He seems unfazed by the automaton, his only expression a grim deadpan. He stays near the others, but hangs back a bit.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"The Pool of Omens is not a mere tool of wizards. Any may access its secrets merely by thought."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Kezrad

Kezrad spoke without emotion in his voice, reciting fact and not opinion. I've seen "mere tools for wizards" that could destroy worlds on their own, the tool of a master-arcane is nothing to be scoffed at. With skill and knowledge, wizards have power to envy. The information will be most useful. It was the closest he would come to thanking the automaton without it actually saving his life, and even then it would not be guaranteed. He turned back to the pool and thought of the world that was most similar to Azeroth. He did not know its name, but he knew it reeked of the influence of powerful extra-planar creatures, and the influence of creatures much like himself pervaded it.

23. - Top - End - #23

SwashbucklerGuy

"Hmph. . .friendly. . .I been called plenty o' things, but i can't recall the last time "friendly" was one of 'em."

The outlaw gruffly tried to ignore Vivi's question. He instead looked past the tiny mage to size up the other members of the room.

A demon. . .great! Hell, I'd still rather deal with a demon than a bunch of soulless automatons. And then. . what? A swordsmaster? Maybe some sorta soldier? Probably salty either way. . .

After doing this for a second Greg notices Vivi still looking up expectantly with those cheerful yellow eyes. Innocent. . almost. . childlike. . . Old memories stir-painful, but good. He sighs and relents to Vivi's question.

"Don't know the last time I had reason to share my name in company. If it suits ya', call me Greg."
    Last edited by HardboiledJJ; 2008-07-10 at 08:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Sanctuary was seen in the pool. It was the most peaceful existence Sanctuary had for decades. Fifty had passed since Deckard Cain's death.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Kezrad

Kezrad looked on Sanctuary and saw nigh infinite possibilities. To his magical senses the world seemed alight with power. If he could get to that world, he could increase his abilities manifold. He smiled, and then grinned, sharp demonic teeth gleamed in his mouth, the flames in his eyes danced at the prospect. But now was not the time, he needed to know more of his current situation first. His passive emotionless mask came again, and he once again crossed his arms in front of his chest. He walked closer to the others. He towered above them, his reverse jointed legs strode with long strides cloven hooves clacked on the ground. He observed them dispassionately assessing them without showing signs of threat or will to harm, a difficult prospect for a creature created to bring destruction, but one easily accomplishable by a Man'ari as powerful and as well versed in the arts of diplomacy as he. If it came to it, he could even appear pleasant.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cloud moves up a bit, ending up next to Greg and Vivi. He seems more relaxed now, although that's speaking in relative terms: he looks like he is totally alert, and is paying special attention to Kezrad. He speaks quietly, and and doesn't draw attention to himself as he speaks. "The name's Cloud. I don't suppose either of you know anything about this place?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Vivi smiled, these people seemed freindly enough, of course this didn't mean he'd let his gaurd down. The demon and Cloud were ones to be suspious of, the demon because he was well, a demon and Cloud, well he just looked shifty.
    Vivi walked up to the group, and said
    Well I don't think any of us know what's going on.(Shouts over to Mr.Demon) Mr.Demon! When your done bragging,I see the door is open and nothing deadly or evil came out so, can we please get moving, and go through the door?
    ooc:I still dislike you for stealing my thunder Dor.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-07-10 at 09:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

SwashbucklerGuy

"Yeah, I reckon we're all equally clueless on what's afoot. Suppose no good'll come of twiddling our thumbs here. If'n ya'll aint opposed, lets keep formation just in case. I can take point with my ARM here, lil' man in the middle, and-Cloud was it?-maybe you can be rearguard. An I figger the two ton demon'll likely just do whatever he damn well pleases."
    Last edited by HardboiledJJ; 2008-07-10 at 10:08 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Kezrad

Kezrad smirks at the little mans speech. How wonderfully astute of you. I'm nowhere near two tons, but I shall indeed do as I please. Seeing as we seem to be equally ignorant of our surroundings I shall accompany you.. for now, though if I'm not mistaken theirs still one more of us, another human back in the pool chamber.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Executor has yet to post, he's playing a paladin from Diabloverse, I'd hate to leave without him

30. - Top - End - #30

SwashbucklerGuy

"You may not quite tip the scales at two tons, but from the look of you I'd wager you're worth four times your weight in nasty. That aside, if we're stuck together, mind if we ask yer name stranger?"
    Last edited by HardboiledJJ; 2008-07-10 at 10:23 PM.