Banned

Default Werewolf Central III - All potential wolves please read

--Werewolf Central III--
    WW Central II
    WW Central

--How to Use This Thread--
    Spoiler
    Show
    • If it's Bold, Italicized, colored in dark red, or any combination: Read It!
    • If it's in a spoiler, open it if applies to what you're looking for. But never forget rule #1.
    • To find what you're looking for, simply search this page and identify the appropriate heading and spoiler.
    • Post any questions, comments, ideas, what-have-you that relate to werewolf type games in this thread for discussion.
    • Let us know when your game is recruiting/starting/ending.
    • Share fun stuff you've created, such as Korith's games spreadsheet.

Hello all.
    I'm willing to take over WW Central for Lucky.
    This thread was designed by Lucky originally for the purposes of coordinating and maintaining all the werewolf games and variants. It has become a great tool for us.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    With the recent overwhelming popularity of the Werewolves variant games, it has been decided that one central thread should be created to manage all these games. This is where you come to place a claim on running your own Werewolves or Werewolves variant game. It can also be used to develop ideas and gather interest for your own version of the game.

Whatever you're looking for in regards to werewolf games can be found on this page.
    Maybe not in this post, but somewhere on this first page.
    Everything from start dates to active games, rules (and optional rules) to games archives can be found here along with tools designed to make your game run smoother.

--Basic Game-Play Overview--
    Spoiler
    Show
    The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.
    There's a day phase that happens from dawn til dausk in game. This period lasts 48 hours. During this time all the players try to decide who the bad guys are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text. Whoever has the most votes after 48 hours is removed from the game.
    The next phase is the night phase, which lasts from dusk til dawn. This phase lasts 24 hours. During this phase, anyone that has a special action to perform during that time does so via PM to the narrators. This is the phase of the game where the wolves would tell the narrators who they would like to kill.

After time's up, the narrators will post the opening of the following Day Scene and it starts all over again.
    This continues until either A) all of the Wolves are destroyed by the Villagers -or- B) the Wolves reduce the total number of non-wolf players to equal their own.

This is just a brief overview of the rules.
    See below for the original rules by DungeonMaster77 or go to a game thread for individual games' specific rules.

--Original Werewolf Rules by DM77--
    --Note that these are the rules used for Werewolf Classic--
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster77
    Here are the rules:

You have any given number of players, and as soon as I get enough for the current round, I will begin. I (or whomever the co-Narrator is) will PM each player with their role, which will be one of the following, determined randomly, without regard to what they have played in the past:

Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves. Counts, obviously, as a villager.

Seer: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and may be accused of being the Devil, or even possibly the fool. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be villager, fool, or werewolf. Seers see the Devil as a Werewolf.

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. PM the narrator with your vote on whom to kill. The Narrator will PM you with whomever is the other werewolf (or werewolves) is (or are), so you can coordinate a vote, and send the narrator your final vote. You, obviously, count as a werewolf. If there is a tie between the werewolves, that the lycanthropes cannot resolve (as to who will be killed), simply PM the Narrator and co-Narrator, and one of us will be the tie breaker. As we are all mature adults here, we hope that it will never come to this rare happenstance.

Now, this is the minimum cast of characters. We will be playing with a slightly added cast:

Mason: Your job is to ferret out the werewolves, and to protect your fellow Mason(s). There will always be a minimum of 2 Masons in a group. Your votes count as villagers.

Fool: Thinks he is a seer. Is told that he is a seer. When a fool gets his foresight; in the evening, he gets a random chance as to what he sees when he points somebody out. When he points to the Seer, he will always see the Fool, and visa versa. Counts as a villager

Baner: This person is the carrier of the wolvesbane. His job is to protect someone he believes is a villager, from the nightly killings of the werewolves. Counts as a villager.

Devil: Is basically the seer for the werewolves. Counts as a werewolf.

You may recall, I spoke several times about a counting as a [insert position here] and votes. Well, it is simple. Once the majority has voted for one person, that person is lynched. Night falls, and it begins again. The lynched person is out, and can make comments, but nothing that could influence a vote. When a lynching happens, it is revealed as to which position the person was. After this, night falls, morning follows, and it begins again...

Victory Conditions:

For the villagers to win, the villagers must kill all of the werewolves.

For the werewolves to win, they must simply reduce the number of villagers to equal their current numbers.

Things to keep in mind:
    Yes, werewolves may lie about being the seer.
    Yes, werewolves can (and have, in my experience) kill the Devil.
    Yes, Masons get killed for protecting a brother Mason, as others may see it as a werewolf protecting a werewolf.
    Post #82 of the original Werewolves Game:
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster77
    Ahh, the seeds of distrust take root...

*snip* to get to the important part*

From now on, I will stop trying to interpret implied *points at [fill in blank here]*, and will only change votes, or add votes based on people who actually post *points at [fill in blank here]* at the end of their post. For clarity's sake.
    Note that these should still be in red text.

--Interesting and Important Notes by Lucky--
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Also for inspiration and other possible purposes, the Mafia Wikipedia Article

A couple other things to note when running a game of Werewolves:

A) Having a co-narrator is highly recommended, and from now on is mandatory in Werewolves and Werewolves Classic. This is to assist with the flow of the game, and just makes it easier on the narrator.
    B) If you are running a new edition of an established stream of Werewolves, you must wait until the end of the current edition until starting the next one. You may begin sign-ups before.

Rules on cheating:

The SMBG stance on cheating applies to all of these games, and cheaters will be punished as dictated by the SMBG rules.

However, after the culprit has been punished and s/he has served his time off from the werewolf games, it will become forgotten history. No one is to speak of it further, and any concern will be PMed to the narrators of that game, not posted in the thread.

Spreadsheet of the start dates and narrators.

Finally, if anyone has any other ideas as far as what to put in this thread, feel free to voice them here or PM them to me.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-07-10 at 04:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Werewolf Central III (please don't post here yet)

--Scheduling--

We've all decided amongst ourselves that we should only have one or two games starting in any given week. It has been discussed repeatedly and everyone seems to agree.

Please PM me or post here if you're planning on starting a game, so that we can coordinate everything properly.
    This will ensure that every game gets the attention that it deserves and will make every game more enjoyable.
    Thanks in advance.

Just as the Three Post Rule is usually enforced by ourselves rather than getting Mods involved, so too should rules that we've created for ourselves be so enforced. Please politely direct anyone starting a game out of turn to this thread.
    As this is not a forum rule, this can only be enforced by us.
    A little common courtesy goes a long way.

On the Issue of Scheduling
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    I'd also like to make a recommendation that he title of this thread contain something along the lines of "Please read this before starting your own WW game" although that's incredibly long. I don't know. I just think that this flurry of new games partially came about because a lot of the newer folks didn't know we had tried to setup a schedule.

In that vein, I wonder if it would be helpful to do a little self policing and when new game threads start up that aren't on the schedule someone could politely post in the recruitment thread to redirect the game starter here. You know, just to nudge people into trying to stick to the schedule. Just a thought.
    And I agree with Zeb on the point that perhaps a note should be made on starting any new game. However the fact that new threads can't be made in this forum right now hinders people from reading it/knowing about it.

Perhaps, as we are all shareholders in this, we can let those who do want to make a game know about the schedule and how to get on it, just like we nudge those who break the three post rule. With everyone's help, we can ensure a crazy start of games at the same time doesn't happen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Yeah, I will have to agree with problem of too many games starting up. I can understand everyone wants to run one, but sometimes the best idea is just to get on a wait list and run a current game.
    That said, I think anyone who wants to start a new werewolf type game should contact me before they start it. This way we can arrange a good start date that won't step on the toes of other games.
    And since I've taken the reigns for WW Central, that duty would now go to me (for better or worse).

And.... A big Thank You to evnafets for updating the spreadsheet.
    Now we just have to add in the new games and get an idea of where they're going to go in the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by evnafets
    Go and check the original werewolf spreadsheet again.

This is the spreadsheet.

I updated it quite a bit about a month ago, but I think the changes were never published
    And on the subject of the spreadsheet:
    *snip*

Also, send me an e-mail at [email protected] if you want permission to edit the spreadsheet, I'll add anyone no problem. Then you can update information about your game as needed.

The spreadsheet - it's for everyone.

Also, who let the pie poisoner in the kitchen?

A note on posting Recruitment/Game Threads:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once you've created your game, scheduled a start date, and you're ready to go, you'll have to post the threads in SMBG and get them moved to the Structured Games sub-forum. New threads cannot, at this time, be created.
    To get them moved there, either PM Alarra or myself (or simply post here, which is the preferred method so that I can update the schedule properly) and it should be moved fairly quickly.
    This was implemented at the sub-forum's creation to ensure that the games placed there actually belonged there. Conversations are supposedly in progress as to whether or not this extra step is needed anymore, but for the time being that's the way it is.

--Recruitment and Game Schedules--
    Note that the date listed is for the Game Thread to go up,
    not the recruitment thread.
    Begin recruitment at your leisure.

Waiting for your game to start? Read this post!
    {table=head]Game|Narrator(s)|Status|Game_Start
    Ye Olde West|Supagoof|Finished|August 4
    Monty Python|skippy, Curly|Finished|August 20
    Werewolf Classic|Zar Peter|Finished|August 31
    TITANS|Supagoof|Finished|September 8
    Rome|Eldritch Knight|On Hold|September 17
    Advent Children|banjo1985|Running|September 21
    Mafia|Andre Fairchilde|Finished|September 27
    Convoy|llama|Finished|September 29
    Black Iron Prison|Vampiric, Andre|Running|October 5
    Smash Bros|PhantomFox|Running|October 13
    Twist|Emperor Demonking|Running|October 20
    Graverobbers|Cristo & Lady Meyers|Running|October 27
    Ravnica|Uncle Festy, Alarra|Running|November 3
    Memesville|Haruki-kun|Running|November 9
    Fun House|Zeb, Alarra|Running|Nov 13
    Mirrodin|Shadowcaller|Running|Nov 17
    Catfight|onnasuma, banjo|Recruiting|???
    WW Classic|Zar Peter|Coming|Nov 24-28
    Twin Village|Emperor Demonking|Recruiting|Dec 1
    Judge Dredd|EvilDMMk3|Coming|Dec 8
    Fears|Cristo, Curly|Coming|Dec 11-12
    ||open|Dec 15-16
    ||open|Dec 18-19
    LoTR|d-d, Andre, Reinholdt|Coming|Dec 22-23
    Super Christmas Game|Emperor Demonking|Coming|Dec 24
    ||open|Dec 29-30
    Discworld|Andre, ZP, Curly|Coming|January ???
    ||open|January 1-2
    Demon, The Progeny|Banjo|Coming|January 5-6
    ||open|January 8-9
    Mmkay|Uncle Festy|Coming|January 12
    ||open|January 15-16
    ||open|January 19-20
    ||open|January 22-23
    ||open|January 26-27
    ||open|January 29-30
    Queen|Lex-Kat|Coming|Feb 2
    Starcraft 2|Shadowcaller|Coming|Feb 17
    LLD2|Goof|Coming|April 1
    The Day Candyland Broke|Griever|Coming|May 10-15 or so
    Kyou|Shadowcaller|Coming|On Hold
    Kobolds|Szilard|Coming|On Hold
    Christmas at Ground Zero|Cristo Meyers|Coming|On Hold
    Team Fortress 2|Shades of gray|Coming|???
    [/table]

To see the full calendar, go to
    www.wolvesitp.com
    To be added as a Devil, allowing you to update
    this calendar, PM Raldor and ask permission.
    Page 47, 1392
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-11-18 at 11:15 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

--Narrating--
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to note at this point that I did indeed steal most of the following from Lucky's posts, as well.

Looking for a co-narrator for one of your games?
    Here is a list of people who want to help narrate, but don't necessarily have an idea of their own, or aren't picky about what they narrate. Give them a PM and ask them if they're up for it:

Co-Narrator List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alarra
    Andre Fairchilde
    Eldritch Knight
    Helgraf
    Joosbawx
    Kantur
    Malmagor Andrigal
    Pwenet
    Raistlin1040
    Raldor
    Shadow
    Supagoof
    Traveling Angel
    Zeb the Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    The co-narrator serves many purposes
    1) It can help with sending out the opening PM's to players.
    2) it can give the narrator someone to talk to about the game and how its going
    3) It is someone the narrator can plot with about any changes to make (but that's not relevant in classic)
    4) if the narrator cannot fulfill his duties for any reason, the co-narrator can cover his back and make an update or two.
    5) OOOOH, writing descriptions is good too.
    Narrating Tools:

PM Box filling up too fast?
    Check out the Offline PM Viewer!

Korith's Excel Spreadsheet. - A great tool for Werewolves Classic to assign all the basic roles. Also includes an option to add up to 10 custom roles, making it also useful for almost any other werewolf variant.
    Instructions are included inside.

Notes on Korith's Spreadsheet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Knight View Post
    Having spoken with Korith, I've discovered something his spreadsheet was not designed to do, but he has suggested a workaround.

His spreadsheet is not designed to handle an alpha game, but he has suggested that should an alpha pick someone who already had a role, that role becomes reassigned. It's not the most effective solution, but it works.
    Why would you try to assign roles before the Alpha had chosen their team?
    You'd wait until the Alpha had chosen before deciding any other roles by necessity, wouldn't you?

I think it wouldn be easier to just remove the "wolf" roles (and their players) as choices and assign the roles remaining to the players remaining?

I haven't used his sheet yet, but that seems the most efficient to me.
    Yes, that's the most efficient way to do it, however, that then makes it difficult to import into a spreadsheet to actually track the game, and also doesn't account for the idea that a person could have an additional role besides 'wolf', such as the lovers, customarily.
    But, unless I'm mistaken, his sheet only assigns one role per player, doesn't it?
    So it would never assign a lover role to a wolf.
    You'd have to do it twice, the second time for possible secondary roles.
    IE: lovers, fueders, etc.
    At least that's the way that I read it.

Just looked it up. That's the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korith's spreadsheet
    When the players have been copied into place, the position randomizer will activate automatically. This randomizer assigns roles to each player using a simple card-shuffling algorithm, thus ensuring that every role to be assigned will be assigned, and that each player will have exactly one role.
    *Is glad he's old fashioned and writes names on paper in a hat*
    So the only concern that we've found with Korith's wonderful tool is that in some circumstances you may need to use it twice with slightly different configurations each time in order to get a fully randomized role distribution.
    This will come into play when you're running an Alpha Game or when you have possible secondary roles that could be in addition to the player's primary role (such as lovers, fueders, ect.).

Current List of Claims:
    This is the list of people who wish to run a game in the future and have placed claims on certain editions of Werewolves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Werewolves:
    XI- B-Man, Lucky
    XII- Kantur, Atreyu the Masked llama
    XIII- Zar Peter, CurlyKitGirl, Andre Fairchilde
    XIV:

Werewolves Classic:
    VII- DM77, Eldritch Knight
    ((DM77 has claim on Werewolves Classic until he decides otherwise, contact him if you wish to co-narrate.))

Mafia:
    (I think I can safely say that we all hope that Joosbawx and/or Andre will hold onto this one for as long as possible.)

Pirates:
    (Pirates is not up for grabs. Alarra, Atreyu the Masked Llama and Indurain are choosing to be greedy and keep it. Can'rt say as I blame them. Greedy people.)

Alien Invasion:
    III- Andre Fairchilde, EmeraldRose and ??? have expressed an interest, but nothing definitive has come of it yet.
    (Note: Alien Invasion may or may not be up for grabs, please ask the current hosts before claiming the next version.)

Ye Olde West
    (Supagoof reserves the right to hold onto Ye Olde West until he decides otherwise with the help of Raldor if he wishes.
    He has expressed a possible interest in having a third however.
    If this is something that you're interested in, PM him or post your request here.)

Rebellion
    (Zeb the Troll reserves the right to hold onto Rebellion until he decides otherwise.)

Vampire
    (Shadow and Helgraf reserve the right to hold onto Vampires until they decide otherwise.)

Journies on the TARDIS
    (Korias has requested to be the main narrator for all future versions of TARDIS until further notice. Please PM him or ask here if you'd like to help.)

This is a Go-To-Guide for all your narration needs.

It lists handy stuff like a spreadsheet to randomly determine roles, who's running the next versions of games, who's willing to co-narrate with you, etc.

Last edited by Shadow; 2008-07-11 at 01:46 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

--Games Archives--
    Spoiler
    Show

--Single Run Games--

--Werewolf--
    The Original: Werewolf
    II: Werewolf II, Werwolf II, Part 2, Werewolf II, Part 3
    III: Werewolf III: A New Beginning
    IV: Werewolf IV
    V: Werewolf V: Werewolf DnD
    VI: Werewolf VI: The Paladins Strike Back
    VII: Werewolf VII: Urban Lycanthropy
    VIII: Werewolf VIII
    IX: Werewolf IX: Hogwart's Havok
    X: Werewolf X-In The Midst Of A Battle

--Werewolf Classic--
    I: Werewolf Classic I
    II: Werewolves Classic II, Werewolves II, take 2
    III: Werewolf Classic III
    IV: Werewolf Classic IV
    V: Werewolf Classic V
    VI: Werewolf Classic VI: Rated PG-13 to R for violent descriptions of character Deaths
    VII: Werewof Classic VII: The Village

--Advent Children--
    I: Final Fantasy Advent Children: The Return of Sephiroth
    II: Advent Children II – The Battle for Balamb Garden

--Alchemists--
    I: Alchemists
    II: Alchemists II

--Alien Invasion--
    I: Alien Invasion
    II: Alien Invasion II

--Baron Fatbelly--
    I, II & III were not Werewolf style games.
    IV: Fatbelly 4 - Baron Banjo Brings Home the Bacon

--Camp Sleeps-A-Lot--
    I: Camp Sleeps-A-Lot
    II: Camp Sleep S'More

--Convoy--
    I: Convoy
    II: The Return of Rubber Duck
    III: Bears in the Air
    IV: Cannonball Run
    V: Autobots, Role Out!!
    VI: Convoy From Hell

--Empire--
    I: Empire
    II: Empire II: Where No Man Has Gone Before

--Journies on the TARDIS--
    I: Journies on the TARDIS
    II: TARDIS II: Hunt for the Doctor

--Mafia--
    I: Mafia I: Night of the Criminals
    II: Mafia II: Mass Intrigue
    III: Mafia III: The Maltese Falcon
    IV: Mafia Episode IV: A New Hutt
    V: Mafia V: The Maltese Falcon Returns(restarted as Mark II)
    V (Mk II): Mafia V: Mark II: The Return of the Narrator
    VI: Mafia VI: Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon
    VII: Mafia VII: Revenge of the Blackhawks

--Pirates--
    I: Pirates
    II: Pirates II: Never Never Land Cruise
    III: Pirates III: At Forum's End
    IV: Pirates IV: Firefly Firefight!

--Rebellion--
    I: Rebellion
    II: Rebellion II
    III: Rebellion III: Reign of the Zombies
    IV: Rebellion IV: Death of the Lich King

--Revolution--
    I: Revolution
    II: Revolution Mk II
    III: Revolution III: Interesting Times in Technotopia
    IV: Revolution IV: The Second Party

--Rockstar--
    I: Rockstar
    II: Rockstar II: The Rap Feud

--Spytrap--
    I: Spytrap
    II: Spytrap II: Desert Wolves
    III: Spytrap III - Prisoners of War

--Vampire--
    I: Vampire: Renfeild's Masquerade
    I: Vampire II: The Carfax Contingency

--Ye Olde West--
    I: Ye Olde West
    II: Ye Olde West II: The GOLD Rush
    III: YOW3: YOW3 - Cowboy Bebop Edition

Someone mention a game that you've never heard of?
    Someone mention a game that you'd like to read?

Look No Further!

If by chance I've missed any, please let me know (and a link would be nice )
    Last edited by Alarra; 2008-09-26 at 01:33 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

(this space reserved for upcoming ideas/needs)

Spoiler
    Show

to be removed/added in other posts where appropriate

--Optional Rules--
    --Notable Posts from the Original Thread--
    --Untested Spinoffs--
    Spoiler
    Show

The Fool
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood
    Rules Question: Do the Seer and Fool only see Werewolf or Villager (or Fool), or do they see specific like the Devil? This is WWClassic, obviously.
    They see specific roles. Originally for the fool I just decided for myself depending on how evil or cruel I was feeling that day, but I eventually started generating a number out of a list of all the remaining roles and took that.

In other words... If you have 2 wolves, 7 villagers and 1 seer left, in addition to the fool, you would generate a number between 1 and 10. If it was 1 or 2, they would see a wolf, if it was 3-9, they would see a villager, and if it was 10, they would see a Seer.
    Optional Predetermined "Fool's Scry" Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Save yourself some extra work every time the fool scries and assign everyone "fool roles" at the same time as you assign real roles. That way you just have to look it up on the list instead of counting how many of each are left each time, and it guarantees the fool gets consistent results for free.

Edit: Hmm, on second thought, that could lead to some bizarre readings like getting the Baner after the Baner has already been lynched, so it might not work so well.
    This could work well if you just play it as a villager after that happens. For example: who the Fool thinks is the Devil would just be "fool scried" as a regular wolf after that.

The Devil
    Spoiler
    Show

Optional Rule
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster77 View Post
    Hey All,

I have a question: How have we been playing the Devil role? Have we been ruling that the Werewolves know who the devil is and visa versa? I have found some info that says the Devil doesn't know who the werewolves are and the werewolves don't know who the Devil is. I think that I am going to go with this as 1) It makes for an interesting game. The devil is steering votes to kill villaigers, but at the same time trying not to look like the Seer or Fool, so as to avoid getting themselves killed at night. 2) The Devil will have to be more careful as to who they give info to. The Devil may end up trusting the Masons, thinking them Werewolves, only to get himself killed. 3)The Seer and Fool are going to have more fun, possibly even going as far as to trick them into killing the Devil, posing as the Devil, granted, only to get themselves killed, but not before being able to leak the identities of the werewolves to the town. 4) The werewolves will have to be careful with whom they get information. Trust the wrong person and scenario #3 can happen!

What do you all think?

Helgraf's Scry Interference Rule
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Ya know, I've thought of an interesting mini-variant that is useful in games with more than one scryier-type.

Scry interference: Should more than one scryier type scry the same person in the same round, all results focused on that person will fail, due to cross-scrying interference ... too many people using the third eye to try and look at the same person at the same time create resonance that effectively cancels them out. They'd know the scry failed and why, but not who the other parties looking were.

I figure it's not likely to happen often, but might encourage multiple scriers to use a different tactic than, say, every seer trying to scry, say Alarra* on night one.

Yeah, this variant is deliberately designed to try and get seers to vary their initial scries or risk losing a night's work. And yes, this variant is also designed to give some of the 'heavily scried' players a friggin break. It's well obvious that certain players get scried considerably more often than others, under the theory that somehow the 'best' players will get a disproportionate number of special roles, which in a non-alpha game shouldn't really be the case, yet the situation remains...

* Insert name of frequently scried player here as appropriate.

Alternate Role Possibilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOOOhh Fun! It's like going on Oprah and finding out you have a prize hidden under your chair.

Let's see, roles.....

Standard
    Baner
    Seer
    Fool
    Masons
    Townspeople
    Devil
    Werewolf
    Alpha Wolf

Used in other WW but can be inlcuded
    Lovers
    Feuders
    Consorts
    (Like in rebellion, where both die if person A dies, but not if person B dies)
    Heir (Maybe an Heir Seer, where if the Baner dies, then the Heir steps up to fill the role. A second chance....)
    Beast (Can take one other person down when killed)
    Day Baner
    Bandits + Banker
    ((If you want to add in the element of cash - though I reserve YOW gold! - which I'll probably start the next game of YOW in mid July due to the startup schedule being out of sorts....ah summertime.))

New Role ideas
    Shadow (In homage to Shadow who had this idea in the pirate III thread, wins if they survive the game.)
    Invincible Llama (May be prevented from getting killed the first time, but not the second)
    Invincible Duck (Same as above on on the werewolves/duck side of things)
    Cat (Can spy to try and find the mouse and only the mouse - similar to Crocodile - May kill the mouse once found - wins if mouse is killed and survives game)
    Mouse (Role is villager to all except the Cat - similar to Captain Hook - can only be killed by the cat - wins if survives game)
    Game Over (Game ends immediately when this player is killed. All surviving players win - be they wolf or villager)
    God of new Life (Person picks 1 player every 4th day to be rezzed.)
    Your friend the Reaper (Person picks 1 player every 8th day to die.)
    Zombie (Is already dead, can't be killed except by being rezzed. Points count until rezzed...)
    Vampire (Is already dead, can't be killed except by being rezzed. Point don't count until rezzed....)
    Sniper (Can kill one person each day)

Hmmm, I'll continue to think about these. I'm coming up with tons of ways to distort any WW game - so while Llama gets first dibs on whether or not to use one of these, please feel free to use them for your WW game after the Llama/Duck one starts.

Oh, and Llama, I'll help narrate/keep track of things if/when you want to give this game a try. Though I'll be just as happy to be in it.
    Sorry. I just had to embolden that one!

Variations/Alternate Games Not Running
    Spoiler
    Show

Zombies By Vespe Ratavo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo
    Zombies!
    The town has been overrun by zombies! No one has any idea what is going on, but everyone who survived managed to make it to the mall. The problem is, the mall is surrounded by zombies.... and some of them have disguised themselves as survivors....

Roles:
    Survivors (Villagers): The poor saps who survived the initial zombie attack. Not much in terms of special abilities, but they're the most numerous.

Zombies (Werewolves): Mmm....brains. The poor saps who got turned into zombies during the initial attack. The bad part is, the disease will get you if you get your brain eaten. The good news is, that to disguise themselves, the (regular) zombies had to give up their ability to transfer the disease. So the survivors have that going for them.

Geek (Baner): Before the attack (and after, cuz, the mall has a game store) you played D&D, Video games, etc, at an obsessive level. Normally this would have no effect, but your fanaticism drove you to research zombies however you could. And they called you crazy for learning how to repel zombies. Anyway, the Geek can protect one person each night from an attack (usually by zombies, but possibly by Leon).

Doctor (Seer): Aside from the mountains of cash, this job has other perks. Each night you may check someones pulse, run medical tests, use your psychic doctor powers, etc, to see if they are alive...or not.

Vampire (Devil): Well, no one said everyone turned into zombies. You can use your vampire-bat-morphing powers each night to sneak into someones shop and see who they are.

Mall Staff (Masons): Well, it was an ordinary day at the mall, until a bunch of noisy people came in and told you to lock the doors...zombies. Ah well. The Mall Staff know who the other mall staff are, so thats a good thing.

Nemesis (Alpha) : The one who started this whole zombie shenanigan... gets to choose his team of zombies, as well as Wesker, Krauser, and the Vampire. When scried looks like a survivor.

Psychopath (Fool): The zombie attack drove you crazy for some reason or another, and you think you know who is a zombie and who isn't. Scries each night, results randomly determined.

Newlyweds (Lovers): Great. The zombies had to go and ruin the honeymoon.Two people, if one dies the other dies too.

Leon S. Kennedy: Great. More zombies. Ah well, time for some shootin'. When scried looks like a survivor. May shoot anyone at night during the game. May do this twice per game AND may arm up to three players with the ability to do this once.

Mad Scientist: And they thought you were crazy for making your Bring-the-zombies-to-life-o-mat. The only problem is, the mortality rate when used on humans is 100%.... May attempt to turn an undead (including Wesker, Krauser, etc) into a human survivor each night. If accidentally used on a human, will kill the human. Revived zombies who still retain loyalty for the zombie team may be bound and gagged (i.e. may not vote or kill, counts for a survivor) at the survivors' option.

Jack Krauser: Ah. Leon is back...time for revenge. Is on the zombie team, and is a zombie for all intents and purposes. Scried as a zombie. May kill one person at night once per game, may not arm other players to do this.

Albert Wesker: (I like Resident Evil 4. Can you tell?) The special ops guy for the zombies. Is scried as a zombie. Each time the zombies kill someone, Albert has a percentage to turn them into a zombie. The percentage is equivalent to the amount of survivors (including doctor, revived zombies, mad scientists, etc) still alive. This percentage may never be better than 100% or worse than 0%. Survivors turned zombies who still retain loyalty for the survivor team may be thrown to the pit of zombies outside to act as a regular zombie (i.e, may not vote or kill, counts as a zombie).

Winning: As per other Werewolf games....but, with some modifications for the team switching.

The Survivors win if:
    *All the zombies die or are revived.

The Zombies win if:
    *The number of Survivors alive is equal to the number of Zombies (including Krauser, undead survivors, etc.)

Convoy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    Werewolf game concept (Not a werewolf game)

Convoy: A trucker by the name of Rubber Duck started a little ole convoy with some of his best trucker buddies. The convoy grew in size and the Bears, a.k.a police, decided that they had to take it down, so some cops took on trucker identities and infiltrated the convoy.

Every night the bears sneak into one of the sleeping truckers cabins and arrest that trucker.

Every day, when the truckers stop for the night, they find the trucker most likely to be a bear and beat the living tar out of him and kick him out of the convoy.

Roles:
    Rubber Duck=(Lead Mason) Rubber Duck is the trucker who started it all. He handpicked the truckers who started this convoy and he knows they aren't bears diguised as truckers.

Big Ben= (Baner) He's the biggest man in the whole convoy and the best fighter, too. Each night he stands guard over one truck. Anyone who tries messing with the trucker he's watching is in for a serious beating.

Veteran Ham Radio Operator= (Seer) This trucker has a Ham radio in the back of his cabin and each night he asks his buddies to do some research on one trucker handle and learn the history of the man behind the handle.

Rookie Ham Radio Operator= (Fool) He doesn't think his inexperience is a problem, but the people he asks to do research for him and all lazy liars who just make something up and tell it to him rather than actually research. He believes them.

Mechanic = (NEW ROLE) Each night the mechanic can fix the truck of one person who has broken down (been autolynched.) The auto-lynched trucker that has been fixed by the mechanic will have one "day" to catch up with the convoy.

Bear in the Air= (Devil)- A bear who has access to a satelite. Each night he keeps it trained on one truck and watches to see if he can learn anything about the trucker.

Smokey =(alpha-ish) This bear has been working undercover as a trucker for so long that any check on his handle comes up at legit. He scries as a trucker.

Terms
    Trucker=Villager
    Bears=Werewolves
    truck broke down= autolynched
    beat the shock up=lynched
    arrested=killed by wolves
    killed=killed and killed dead (this will be explained later)

SIDEQUEST: (The sidequest is a new concept that affects the gameplay but not who wins or loses.)

Rusty Nail = (New role) A dangerously psychotic trucker. Keeps a list of all the people who have wronged him and never forgets a face. Three truckers played a nasty prank on him and made him so mad and so upset that he will see them dead. He knows that they are in this convoy, he just doesn't know where. Each night he will sneak into a cabin and kill a trucker. Once all three truckers that he is after are gone (either by arrest, beat down or he killed them) he will leave the convoy and disappear. (For either the Bears or the Truckers to receive the "Best" ending at the end of the game, they must find Rusty Nail and bring him to justice.)

Pranksters - (new role) you know that you are one of the people that Rusty Nail is after. You don't know the names of the other two, but you know their faces.

NEW RULE: Join the Convoy. Every third day, someone from outside the game may join the convoy. The person entering decides whether they would like to be a bear or a trucker.

NEW RULE: Rubber Duck picks the masons. Its not much, but its never been done before.

This is the song "Convoy." I couldn't find a non-Battlestar Galatica version of it on YouTube.

Vonriel's Idea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonriel View Post
    I've been wanting to try my hand at co-narrating, in case anyone wants to have my help.

I've also been toying around with an idea for a role, whose powers only come after they die. I'm not entirely sure how to make the powers fair, though.

Spoilering the rest of the idea, as it's rather long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was thinking of giving them the ability to possess, but the only way I can think of to keep it from being abused would be to have it so that they could choose to possess a villager, which would let them act as a villager for the day and their vote would count twice, or they could choose to possess a wolf, and they could choose who they killed that night. I was thinking that both would have a 3 day cooldown, but be on separate cooldowns. The IC reason for this would be that everyone would know of the possession the moment it ends, and they'd be on the lookout for this happening again. No names would be given out for the wolf/villager possession, so if they did possess a wolf it couldn't be given back to the villagers. The role holder would also be allowed to participate in sharing information even after their death, but they couldn't vote unless they had possessed a villager. Before they die, they're just like a normal villager, but the seer/devil scries would be able to see him as the "ghost" (for lack of a better title).

One thing I'm not so sure on is how to handle allowing this role in the game. I can see people purposefully trying to get themselves killed to gain access to the abilities, but then the whole vengeful spirit concept (why else would he want to forcefully possess bodies?) just doesn't feel right - how can you be vengeful when you wanted to die? I'm thinking if autolynched, you don't get your abilities, similarly, if you were purposefully trying to get people to kill you in the thread, you wouldn't get them either.

Anyway, thoughts? Spins on the whole "play after death" concept?

Edit: I have a few more ideas for this role, so if anyone wants to use this and wants to get in touch with me, drop me a PM. I think it could be an interesting one, but some of it should remain secret.

Pwenet's Idea
    Still a work in progress.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwenet View Post
    Hello folks.

*Takes a deep breath.*

For a little while I have been working on a game that I would like to run here. I have talked to a few people on this forums, and they were kind to help me polish this up, but I'm still looking for more polishing and tweaking and they suggested I post here.

And thus I turn to all of you. I'm new, so I only have a vague idea as to whom to talk to. Those I have been I thank you very much, and here I am taking your advice to post it here.

Besides polishing and tweaking, I'm also looking for a co-narrator who would be interested in running this with me once it is ready for general posting.

And so - I present to you, my game - Space Rebels (title also needs tweaking).

Feel free to either PM or IM me (contact info is in my profile, AIM and MSN are my key ones) in regards to this, even if it is to say that I should never try this again

In any case, thank you for taking the time to look at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    It is a time of unrest for the benevolent Terran Empire. Rebel insurgents have been making strikes against various Empire owned installations, demanding less taxes, more supply, whatever Rebels want.

The action takes place on a large luxury liner heading for Earth, when an innocent crewmember discovered supplies that are to be given to the REBELS at the end of their trip, supplies such as weapons, explosives, medical supplies, and a doomsday bomb to destroy the ship if the Rebels are about to be discovered. The Captain discovers this, but is attacked from behind. With his last words he fights off the attacker and tries to warn his crew, however he accidentally tells everyone on the ship.

At this point the Rebel hacker attack the ship, crippling the computer system, and sealing off sections of the ship, along with planting false leads preventing the Ship Crew from finding the location of the Captain and the Rebel Supplies.

Let the games begin!

NPC Roles
    The Captain – The Captain has been kidnapped by the Rebels. If the Rebel guard is killed, he is founded and freed. However because of his injuries he is unconscious most of the time, and can only be revived one a day. During that time he will state if the current leader for the lynching is a Rebel Officer or not, which he saw while being a captive.
    He has NOT been exposed to any recruited Rebels, and at the beginning of each day after he is saved he will point out who is NOT a Rebel Officer

Factions
    • Ship Crew – These are the crewmembers on the ship. Due to budget cuts they are understaffed, with only a few officers and to many deckhands. Everyone can vote during the day. Everyone knows who the Ship Crewmembers are thanks to their nifty uniforms; however civilians and rebels only know that they are crewmembers, not their role on the ship. Officers know who the other officers are. Officer votes count twice.
      • Chief Navigator (Officer) – This is the guy in charge of piloting the ship. Converting or killing him is one of the goals of the Rebels.
      • Chief Engineer (Officer) – This is the guy in charge of maintaining the ship systems. During the evening rounds he can choose to kill someone in their quarters by doing nasty things to various ship systems. However such attacks can be traced to him and he can only do them every other day.
      • Chief Medical Officer (Officer) – This is the person in charge of the health of the crew and passengers. Every night he can choose one person to take into the shielded medical bay and protect them under the guise of providing treatments. If converted they will know who the Rebels are and can start saving them instead.

• Chief of Security (Officer) – This person is ex-military and during the night shift he can scout throughout the ship and gather clues on a particular person determining what affiliation they are but not their role. Nor will the target know that they have been discovered. Once he has identified a Rebel, he can spend a SEPARATE night action and kill them (meaning he has to wait till the next evening to kill them at the earliest).
        Can not be converted
      • Rebel Traitor #1 – This person works for the Rebels, yet holds a position on the ship. Knows the location of the Supplies.
      • Rebel Traitor #2 – This person works for the Rebels, yet holds a position on the ship. Knows the location of the doomsday bomb.
      • Redshirts – These are the standard crewmembers on the ship.

• Civilians – The civilians are just on the ship for a good time. During the day they vote on who is a Rebel to Lynch them. At night they do nothing unless they have a specific role.
      • Psychic – A psychic onboard the ship that during the evening can probe a persons mind and discover their allegiance, however they need to rest their powers for the rest of the day. If he scans the Rebel Psychic, his abilities are shut down for the day, and his role as a Psychic is revealed, but not his alignment along with the Rebel Psychic.
      • Lovers - A couple on the ship together. The two of them know who each other are, but not the general population. If they vote for the same person, the person receives three votes against them. If one Lover dies, the other dies as well. In addition if one is converted, the other will be as well.
      • Wannabe Psychic – A person who thinks he has psychic powers and will attempt to find out who is a Rebel, but has no real powers. When they “scan” someone they will get a random response.
      • Ex-Rebel – A former Rebel that left their ranks due to being disappointed with the cause and having a change of heart.
        Immune to being converted back to being a Rebel, will expose said Rebel
      • Regular Civilian – Just your average civilian.

• Rebels – Rebels can vote during the day along with everyone else, looking like civilians and blending in. At night the Rebels can vote to lynch either a civilian or Ship Crew target. Recruitment takes place separately. If someone is targeted for recruitment and lynching in the same evening, they will be recruited first, and if the recruitment fails, then lynched. Finally Rebels know who they are.
      • Rebel Leader (Officer) – This person leads the Rebels. During the evening his vote counts twice against his target, or he use 1 vote point and try to recruit another target. If his recruiting target rejects the offer, he has a 10% chance of being exposed publicly.
      • Rebel Mad Bomber (Officer) – This person is in charge of a bomb on the ship. If they are the only Rebel remaining, they will trigger the bomb, destroying the ship. If the bomb is discovered he goes insane and reveals himself.
      • Rebel Psychic (Officer) – This person can scan people minds during the night to determine their role. If he scans the Civilian Psychic, they abilities are nullified for the night and his role is exposed along with the Civilian Psychic but not his alignment.
      • Rebel Assassin (Officer) – If the ship supplies are discovered, this person can start killing one person every other night. Meanwhile this person can both try to recruit one person per night and vote in the evening.
      • Rebel Guard (Officer) - This person guards the Captain whom the Rebels haven’t killed but are holding captive in case they need him alive. If this person is killed the Captains location is revealed and he is saved. If the Rebel leader is killed he will kill the Captain that night.
      • Rebel Convert – These are recruited people from the ship. They do not vote during the night, but during the day to try to swing the vote in favor of the Rebels.

Victory Conditions:
    • Ship Crew:
      • Finding the bomb on the ship
      • Finding the Rebel Supplies on the ship
      • Kill the Rebel Mad Bomber

• Rebels:
      • All Ship Crew Officers killed or converted
        OR
      • Rebel Mad Bomber activates the bomb

• Civilians:
      • Mad Bomber does not detonate the bomb

Actions!
    • Day Actions

Everyone places a vote as to who they think the Rebels are. At the end of the day the votes are tallied, and the person with the most votes will by lynched
      All votes are made publicly.

If the Captain is saved:
      At the beginning of each day, the Captain will identify someone on the ship as NOT being a Rebel Officer. This does not apply to any Rebel Conscripts that were recruited during the course of the game.
    • Night Actions

Rebel Attacks – The Rebel Officers meet secretly and decide who they wish to eliminate on the ship. This consists of them PM’ing me their target for the evening. Whoever gets the most votes during this process will die unless they are protected by the Medical Officer no matter what.

Engineer Attacks – The Ship Crew engineer can try to kill 1 person each per night by PM’ing who they want to kill via a ship accident. The attempt has a percentage chance of working against their target, and if it fails the engineer’s roles are hidden.

Recruitment – The Rebel roles that allow recruitments PM me their target who they wish to try to recruit. The target can choose to reject the recruitment offer or accept. If they accept they become a Rebel Convert.

Psychic Scans – The two Psychic character can PM me a character they wish to scan, and will get their alignment and role. However if they two psychics scan each other, their abilities will short-circuit for the day, and their status as psychics will be exposed publicly, yet not their alignment.

Wannabe Psychic Scans – The Wannabe will PM me a character they wish to try to scan, and according to their character they scanned that person and believe it fully. However their results are random.

Isaac Asimov's Robots
    Still a work in progress.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    Just speaking with Zar Peter, Andre Fairchilde and Pwenet I got to an interesting idea for a game:

Isaac Asimov's Robots!!

A society with androids, all programmed with the Three Laws within their positronic brain. But there are some smarter than others... Those who interpret the Laws as they see them fit better...

Well, that's all I have thought of so far. I'd love to make a game around that, but I need help to make it sound original, and not just another WW simple game.
    If anyone is interested and would like to help me, you're all welcome.

Of course, it wouldn't be starting soon, there are too many games and the idea is just starting to form in my head. What about mid November?

EDIT: Alternatively, I'm thinking of a Death Note one. That one needs polishing, too, but the Otaku community might be interested... If someone wants to help, you're welcome as well.

Blade Runner
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmeat_ View Post
    I've been working on a new werewolf variant, based on Blade Runner. Opinions/suggestions are highly appreciated.

The year is 2019. Technology has advanced to such a level that mankind is capable of producing robots that appear similar to humans. Starting with the Nexus-6 series, these androids are also capable of having – what appears to be – human emotions.
    Produced by the Tyrell corporation, these ‘replicants’ are often used for laborious tasks on off-world colonies. They are banned from planet earth under penalty of death. In order to find and dispose of any replicant coming to earth, a special police unit was formed: the Blade Runners.

Rumor has it that four replicants have escaped the clutches of their masters and have fled to earth, more specifically, to the city of Los Angeles. They seek vengeance against both the Tyrell corporation (who created them) and the Blade Runners (who have orders to shoot them on sight).
    Panic is spreading amongst the population, and general mistrust has become a necessity for survival. As the body count piles up, a lot of people feel they need to take matters into their own hands...

---

At the beginning of the game, every player will receive a random role (save for Leon, Pris and Zhora, who are chosen by the Alpha).
    Every player will also be classified as human, replicant (Nexus-6) or replicant (Nexus-5).

Nexus-6 replicants count as werewolves in this game.
    Nexus-5 replicants are older models whom are led to believe they are human. They use civilian win conditions (unless they’re blade runners), but are the only type of characters that can be recruited by Leon.

Nexus-6 Replicants
    Win condition: Kill all Blade Runners and everyone working for the Tyrell corporation. (recruiting replicant members of either of these factions works as well).

Roy Batty – Alpha/Devil. At the start of the game, Roy chooses three other players. These will be the other Nexus-6 replicants. Their exact roles (Leon, Pris, Zhora) will be randomized.
    Every night, Roy can secretly follow a character to find out their status (human or replicant) and their role (if any).

Leon – Recruiter. Every three nights, Leon can attempt to convince a person to join the replicant cause. This only works if the person targeted with this ability is a replicant.
    The replicant targeted has the option of refusal.
    If the person targeted is not a replicant, the attempt automatically fails but Leon will not be notified whether his target refused or whether his target is simply not a replicant. In any event, unless the target is a replicant and accepts to join the Nexus-6 replicants, they will not know who approached them with the offer.

Warning: Only a handful of humans are actually replicants. Leon must choose his targets carefully.
    Important: Since Leon is a fairly violent man, he will take someone down when killed by a lynching (the last person who voted for him).

Pris – Role-blocker. Every night, Pris can use her charms to prevent someone from taking any nightly activities.

Zhora – Illusionist. As an assassin, Zhora is skilled in covering tracks, tampering with Voight-Kampff records or simply finding flaws in the VK test. Every night, she can fool Sebastian or Deckard by making someone appear as something different.

Blade Runners
    Win condition: Eliminate all Nexus-6 replicants, and everyone recruited by them.

Rick Deckard – Vigilante. Every night, Deckard can use one of the following two abilities:
    - Voigt-Kampff empathy test:
    Every night, Deckard can find out whether someone is a replicant or not. Deckard can distinguish Nexus-5 models from Nexus-6 models. Due to his experience with replicants, Deckard can find out whether a Nexus-5 model has become aware of his status and is in league with the Nexus-6 replicants.

- Retire:
    Deckard can forego his VK ability to track down a suspected replicant and kill them. Deckard can use this ability up to five times in the game.
    Deckard may choose to retire Nexus-5 replicants at his own discretion, though he isn’t required to do so, unless they have been recruited by Leon.

Gaff - Night baner. Though he lacks the stamina of Deckard, Gaff has been retiring replicants for years. Every night, he can protect someone from being killed by the replicants. Gaff will not interfere with another blade runner, so he cannot protect someone from being retired.

Bryant – Police chief. Bryant can pull a few political strings to have his words weigh more in any lynching. Bryant’s vote counts as two.

Tyrell Corporation
    Win condition: Same as civilians (see below).

Tyrell – Emperor. Since Tyrell is a very powerful man, his vote counts as three.

J.F. Sebastian – Seer. Despite being a recluse, Sebastian has a vast knowledge of everyone who’s important in Los Angeles 2019. Since he works at Tyrell Corporation, he can also identify replicants, as well as their model. He will not know if a Nexus-5 model is working with the Nexus-6 replicants.

Chew – Fool. Chew will be told he is Sebastian, though his scry results are randomized (selected from a pool of all living roles). When he scries Sebastian, he will see the fool, and vice versa.

Rachael –Protegé. As long as Tyrell is still alive, Rachael cannot be lynched.
    Note: Rachael is the only civilian who is a confirmed replicant (model: Nexus-5). Unless she is recruited by Leon, she uses civilian win conditions.

Civilians
    Win condition: Survive until the end of the game.

Bounty Hunters (masons) – This group is a mixture of ex-blade runners and guns-for-hire. They have been tracking down the Nexus-6 replicants for quite some time.
    Although they have been stripped off their badges and weapons, they still intend to free Los Angeles of the Nexus-6 models and anyone who is in league with them.

Hardin Industries Hitman – Assassin/Feuder. Hired by Hardin Industries, a rival company of the Tyrell corporation, the hitman must eliminate Tyrell. He has strict orders to make it look like an accident (i.e. lynched by the mob, retired by Deckard, or killed by the replicants).

Important: You only win if you are alive at the end of the game and Tyrell is not.

Police officer – Day baner. Until the entire replicant conflict is resolved, the police officer is charged with breaking up mobs, thus granting people lynch immunity for the following day.

The following two items are distributed randomly.
    - Spinner: Whether legally acquired or not, you’re the proud owner of a spinner hovercar. Whenever you are attacked by replicants, you will survive. Whenever you are about to be lynched, you will survive (passive item, 1 use/person; 3 use max)
    - ESPER: By analyzing photos and other visual records, you can find out what someone was doing during the previous night. You will receive one of the following results: kill, protect, investigate (scry), other or nothing.
    If multiple results are possible (e.g. Roy, who both scries and kills at night), both will be displayed.
    Usable once every three nights. (active item, unlimited uses/person, will be destroyed by the time the second owner is killed)

If a person carrying an item is killed, the item will be distributed randomly amongst the remaining players.

Attention All Werewolves:
    If there's anything you'd like added to this thread, just let me know.
    If there's a game you'd like to run, just let me know.
    If you'd like to put a bid in for a start date, just....

....You get the idea.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feedback?
    Let's have it!

I'll edit the current games and whatnot as the night wears on. I have a trainee here at work that's doing great, so I can leave him to it for a while at times.

I'll get to it before night's end, just for you d-d! Feel free to post now!
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-07-10 at 04:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central III - All potential wolves please read

*starts playing Werewolves of London song*

Let's get this new thread started!

Universal Smash Bros. 2 is still under construction, but I'm having something of a block now. I'm having a lot of trouble working out a new Sly/Carmelita dynamic out. The old way had way too many holes in it, and I need something new.

Basically, I want two roles balanced against each other. Essentially, ether Carmelita is hunting Sly and Sly has to avoid capture, or Sly is trying to steal something and Carmelita has to protect it. The prize is control of an item or ability. I like the latter option myself, but having a hard time creating the mechanics.

Any ideas?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Just letting you know, Spytrap III has started recruitment.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

*points to all the open weeks on the schedule above*
    *notes that this week isn't one of them*

Please try to refrain from starting multiple games on the same week if possible. Once the schedule fills, the need for multiple games makes sense, but with so many open spots on there, two games in the same week....
    Thanks.

edeet-o
    But I failed to notice the 11 day differential from the two dates within those two weeks. The 8th looks like a happy medium, I guess, if you're set on it.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-07-10 at 05:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    Camp Sleep S'More is finally finished. (Do I win the prize for longest game ever?)
    I think it might be close with Hogwarts Havoc. That game went on forever.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    I think it might be close with Hogwarts Havoc. That game went on forever.
    I'm sensing a trend ...

On a completely unrelated matter once I get back from Dexcon (July 16th through July 20th) I'll probably start up machinations on the next Vampire installment.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

11. - Top - End - #11

I want to run WW Classic VII starting on August, 31th.

Claimed by Alarra, but she showed no interest last time, if she want to run it, ok.

I PMed DM77 two weeks ago if he wants to narrate it or not but got no response till now.

Eldritch Knight claimed VIII, so he should be before me but he runs his own game one week later. If he wants to run this iteration, too, it's also ok with me.

But if there are no objections I would like to schedule it as I wrote in the first line in this post.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I've been very busy and have two games coming up in the next month or two, as such, I am more than willing to relinquish my claim to classic VII, of which I wasn't even aware I had.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

That way from way back when, when we used to claim iterations of games instead of creating new ones.

I was thinking of scrapping that section, so I asked earlier, in the last thread, and the general consensus was to keep it. You can look in the 'Narrator' section above to see it if you like.

edit:
    Actually, now that I look, you had Classic VI, which is done.
    *goes to edit*
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-07-11 at 01:44 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

If possible I'd like to stake a claim on the week beginning 21st September for Advent Children 3 - The Remnants Meet Their Match?

That should give me more than enough time to finish Fatbelly and give the encounter system an overhaul.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Btw, shouldn´t this be moved to sticky structured games? Just wondering....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #16

I have a question regarding the protocol when a player must leave for an extended period of time, say 4 weeks and up.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Monty Python and the Holy Grail Werewolf is supposed to start recruiting tomorrow, July 21st, unless Curly's got issues with that. Is everything OK with you, Curly?
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

What are we doing with the deadlines with the forum-down time. As I have heard that several people still can´t get on gitp due to the same error message.(Like Fleeing Coward)
    It doesn´t matter much for RAF classic since nobody is in danger of auto lynch...if that ever happend in RAF.....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

That's up for the individual bnarrator to decide.

20. - Top - End - #20

So the forum is up again, great.
    Now I fear that some werewolf games may have an increased chance of auto-lynches but hopefully my fears are unfounded.
    Anywhow its good to be back at the forum but I'm wondering why this thread haven't been moved to structured games yet?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Hey all, Fin is back!

Sorry about my mysterious disappearance part way through Stargate WW, mainly this was due to this guy -

Spoiler
    Show

His name is Jack by the way and he chews everything and house training is time consuming! Plus it seems I came back to server death which I see has now been fixed. Anyway [/lifestory]

Right now that has been said I am again putting forth my Idea for a new game that hopefully may be a refreshing change from werewolf games and a slightly interesting twist on Ultimate Greed type games...

BackStabbery: Guilds In Conflict

Every player will start with X-amount of gold, lets say 100 and X-amount of power, lets say 10. Using their gold players can do a number of things;

Spoiler
    Show
    Start a guild 25g - Guilds can equal one fifth (subject to change) of the player base. They will be on a first come first serve basis and cost 25g. The guild will give +100 power to the guld leader but he must delegate this between his guild members. It is entirely up to the guild leader how he recruits members. Take note - Guild members do not have to remain loyal to their leaders. Inter-guild wars can occur and the losers power will be given to the guild leader to do with as he wishes. The losing leader is at the mercy of the winning guilds leader and his guld disolved allowing his members to start/join new gulids. Like in Ultimate Greed each guild leader will receive daily gold payments to distribute amongst his minions.

Train in a profession 25g - This is unavailable to Guild leaders who must try and recruit and maintain the loyalties of those whom it is available to.

Start a Guild War 25g - Announces a guild war and gives everybody 24 hours to prepare. After 24 hours the war will occur and the party with the highest power will win, however due to murders, betrayals etc the power at the beginning of the fight may change before the end.

Professions

Spoiler
    Show
    Players can only have one profession at a time;

Assassin - Gains +15 power when attacking another guild or attempting murder.

General - Gains +15 power when being attacked by another guild or when someone is trying to murder them.

Spy - Can identify a guild/individuals power, assuming nobody is planning on betraying them.

Diplomat - Can create the illusion that a guild/individuals power is higher than it really is by X%.

Monk - Can hide an guild/individuals power by X%.

Treachery! - This is where it gets interesting.

Spoiler
    Show
    During any 'day' players can PM certain actions.

Start Coup - This means at the end of the day the will attempt to murder their current guild leader and rise to power, this is best done in groups in order to better the leaders power level, deciding who gets to be leader amongst each other.

Murder - This is an attempt to kill any other player. If they are a guild leader, the guild remains in tact but there will probably be murderings over who raises to power from the guilds underlings. If you kill any other player you will gain their gold and any power bonuses they have, such as the assassin bonus. Succes will be based on each players individual power, irrelevant of the power of respective guilds.

*note - any murder/coup attempts that are submitted during war preparations will be concluded during the battle, this will obviously lead to some unexpected (or not) power changes.*

Change allegiance - When a war is announced use this to alert the narrators to the fact that you are changing sides it is up to you if you let any body else know this fact. You will however still be without a guild after the battle if the team you switched to wins, hopefully you will have made a deal to be picked up afterwards.

Change Guild - This is not PM'd but announced in thread, if a player chooses to change guild they must ask in thread (prior arrangement can be organised via PM should those concerned choose.) This request may be accepted or denied at the leader in questions choosing.

At the end of the game the player with the most power/gold will be declared the winner!

Also a new rule for when one guild beats another;

The leader of the winning guild can choose to kill the opposing guild leader, putting them out of the game. Alternatively they can allow them to live, this forces the defeated guild leader to be loyal to the victor for 2* days. The defeated's power rating will be added to the victor's personal power score, not his guild! This has obvious benefits for murder attempts.

Please please please give me some feed back, my main concern is that I have nothing that seems to resemble a 'day action' that can be done in thread at the moment it will just be me getting PMs then narrating what happened in the thread (this makes the game too similar to Team RAF for my liking). Also I will need a co-narrator as this game may get very complicated very quickly if there are lots of actions going on at once! So please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for listening and its good to see everyone again

F.

EDIT: Just realised that I missed out on recruitment for a freaking haul of games I wanted to play,
    Last edited by Fin; 2008-07-20 at 04:28 PM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

ATTENTION!

I'm making an executive decision here to bump each and every game a week ahead IF Dragoon isn't ready to start Deathnote this week. If he's ready to go, we're cool.
    If he's not, everything gets bumped a week.

Looks like e's ready to go so we're all good.

I'd also like to ask that narrators in currently running games please allow players time to realize that the forums are back up before auto-lynching them. I know I'd be pissed....

And please everyone, leave Auntie 'larra alone about moving the thread. The forums went down approximately twelve hours or so after I started this thread. They haven't been back up long.
    She'll get to it.
    Give her a break, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    I have a question regarding the protocol when a player must leave for an extended period of time, say 4 weeks and up.
    My suggestion would be to not sign up for any games.
    If you're asking about games that you're currently in, my suggestion would be to not have signed up for them to begin with, but since that's not possible, I'd say PM the narrators of the games and ask them how they'd like to handle it on a case by case basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail Werewolf is supposed to start recruiting tomorrow, July 21st, unless Curly's got issues with that. Is everything OK with you, Curly?
    Do you happen to have a start date for me?
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-07-21 at 10:20 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Curly apparently doesn't have any trouble with the game starting recruitment (or at least so I hope), then I'll open the recruit thread in about twenty minutes, and the game will start next August 17th 20th, if there isn't any major trouble stopping us from it.
    Last edited by Skippy; 2008-07-21 at 12:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

You're all set.

I'd also like to point out that (as I discussed near the end of the last thread) I have combined the "Current Games" section with the schedule.
    Links to games, both recruiting and running, are on the table itself for ease of use.

And yes, I added Monty Python there already, skip.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks a lot, Shadow! I'll send you a coconut as soon as I can catch a couple of African Swallows.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

We apologize again for the fault in the
    subtitles. Those responsible for sacking
    the people that have just been sacked,
    have been sacked.
    filler

27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

Death Note has 22 hours until recruitment is closed, just a reminder for those looking for a game.

Thanks for the help with the ideas to everyone that did, especially Freshmeat_ and Shadow, now hopefully I can make the game run well. *crosses fingers*

Also, just curious, how come this is stickied in Silly Message Board instead of structured?
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The werewolf awards still want votes.

Would people be interested in a kingmaker game?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like to rethink my kobolds game and finalize the rules, but I plan on starting the game by August 30th, so can you please put me on the schedual?
    If that didn't make any sense, I wanted Kobolds, to be on the schedual in the second post for August 30th.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

It made sense. That week is open, but ZP starts Classic the very next day (which starts the next week).
    How does the 26th sound?

@v: Thanks!
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-07-21 at 12:19 PM.