New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central III - All potential wolves please read

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

Yeah, and the last time that I thought like that I ended up trying to juggle three games when I really only had time for one. Two of them suffered. I had a major role in one of those. I felt like a jerk.
    Don't worry, Shadow. FC, Yspoch, Helgraf, BR, De, AS and I didn't mind.
    Oh right. I'm back, and looking for games. What's the story with Mafia?
    Also, would any of the three most recent games (Spytrap, YOW, and Pirates) be able to put me on the list to replace an autolynchee? Or is it too late to join? And why am I asking so many questions?
    And while I'm at it, I'd just like to make sure that Alarra knows that I'm still interested in working out Ravnica WW (which is shaping up to be multi-faction goodness on ten gallons of coffee as well as a bit of LSD on the side), and am wondering if she's still interested. I've been rather erratic with our PM correspondences, and it's been six weeks since I've been on the forums, so I figured I should check before starting my next response.
    *adds subscription*
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, don't know if this has a better place to ask, but how exactly do people make the trophies? Is there a guide to them?
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    Oh, don't know if this has a better place to ask, but how exactly do people make the trophies? Is there a guide to them?
    Not that I'm aware of. Some narrators simply find it fun to give out trophies/gifts at the end of their games.
    It means little, in most cases.

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. Some narrators simply find it fun to give out trophies/gifts at the end of their games.
    It means little, in most cases.
    Oh well, perhaps I need to blackmailconvince my artist friend to make some for the game. Assuming their isn't a guide to making them, just realized my question was not very clear.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    ...Oh right. I'm back, and looking for games. What's the story with Mafia?
    ...And why am I asking so many questions?
    Um. Hmmm. That would be me. Well, last we saw Falcone and his mob has maintained control of the City. The Blackhawks lost the Cup.

With Falcone squarely in control of the City, it appears that Agent Fairchilde has been transferred to the Twin Cities, a gangster's paradise in itself.

However, Agent Fairchilde will be returning to the City soon.

Helgraf and Vibrant have agreed to co-narrate, but we have not done any planning at this time.

I was going to start this month (August) but have largely taken a break from the boards because I'm now working out in my spare time, not sitting in front of the computer (have lost 15 pounds) and intend to keep going. It is hard to be on the computer writing a kill scene while riding a bike or doing bench presses.

I'm also on the books to co-narrate two other games, but we haven't had any discussion on those either.

And I'm getting a new job.

So, that all said, once I meet with Vibrant and pm back and forth with Helgraf, we'll probably start recruiting next week for a start date the first second week or so of September.

My opinion is that barring some narrator mistakes, the last rule set worked very well, and I'd like to keep the rules the same for this next incarnation.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2008-08-14 at 09:53 AM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

6. - Top - End - #156

I want to announce two things:

I'm away without internet connection from 16.08.2008 - 25.08.2008 with a little gap on 21.08.2008

Werewolf Classic VII recruitment will start on Thursday, 21.08.2008 and end on Saturday, 30. August 2008.
    Game starts latest on Sunday, 31. August. Time of all these dates is between 21:00 - 24:00 Timezone GMT + 2

And... congratulations to your new job and your sport activities, Andre! Hope it works out (I'm running and bycicling at last three days a week, too, now. It's great to think about WW games while doing this... )
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2008-08-14 at 09:19 AM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I swear everyone is leving on the 16th.

Speaking of leaving on the 16th. I'll have less internet connection from Saturday to Saturday. Don't autolynch me.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

And now, without further ado...

A String of Pearls: The Sweeney Todd Werewolf Game

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit,

And the vermin of the world inhabit it,

And its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit,

And it goes by the name of... LONDON...

Townsfolk: You are a working class resident of London, and are so far ignorant to the sinister goings-on happening around you in the deceptively calm streets of London.

Masons
    Sweeney Todd: You are Benjamin Barker, a simple barber. That is, you WERE, until the “honorable” judge Turpin decided he had taken a fancy towards Elizabeth, your wife, and had you sent away. Now, after all these years, you have returned to the city that left you a broken man, and you are ready to bestow your vengeance on those responsible. No, your name is no longer Benjamin Barker. Its Todd now, Sweeney Todd, and you WILL have your revenge. Every night, you can kill one resident of London.

Mrs. Lovett: You are Mrs. Lovett, the owner of Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pie Emporium. By night, however, you add the special ingredient that gives your pies such a delectable taste: human flesh. You also have a delusional crush on Mr. Todd, and would do anything to make him happy (or at least more open to your advances). To the world, you are a wholesome businesswoman, but inside, you are a callous medusa. Every 2 days or nights, you may attempt to poison 2 players by slipping some dangerous herbs into the meat pies you serve them. Sickened, they cannot post or use an action they would normally be allowed to use such as scrying or baning.

As another option, you may posion all the pies you have left and completely prevent everyone except the masons from acting during the day or night. Doing this completely exhausts your supply of poisons, and you can no longer poison.

Toby: An orphan boy adopted by a cruel barber, you have f ound love with Mrs. Lovett, and would do anything to protect the woman who rescued you from the pit of despair in which you once lived. Should Mrs. Lovett be in danger of death, you will sacrifice yourself in her stead. In addition, if she is targeted at night, your death reveals the identity of the would-be killer.

Werewolves
    Judge Turpin: You are Judge Turpin, the man who is responsible for Mr. Todd's anguish. Taking advantage of his dear Elizabeth, you drove her to take the arsenic that destroyed her mind, as she could not bear the thought of living with you instead of her dear Benjamin. You have not yet received word of Todd's escape from Australia, though you do sense something is stirring up the townsfolk. During the day, your point counts for three, as the title of Judge carries a lot of weight.

Beadle Bamford: The strong and brutal arm of Judge Turpin, you are his enforcer and lackey and will follow him unquestioningly. A conniving man, you have your own skewed sense of justice and will not hesitate to arrest people for the smallest infractions (though of course, you yourself do not follow your own code of conduct...). Every 2nd day, you may bully a random number of players (1d4) into changing their votes to match that of the Judges. If they do not comply, they are sent to Jail within 1d4 days (Killed).

Watchmen: You are London's police force, and though you might feel misgivings about some of the more flagrant abuses of the law being done by your superiors, you are sworn to protect the people of London from the likes of Mr. Todd. Every night, the Watchmen vote on 1 person to either protect throughout the night or one person to arrest, but not both.

Other
    Johanna: You are Johanna, the adopted daughter of Judge Turpin and the biological daughter of Mr. Todd. You have recently run away from home after the Judge started making unwanted advances and proposed to you. Assisting you in your getaway is Anthony, the sailor who rescued Mr. Todd from the cold embrace of the ocean. You are a Lover, and Anthony is your partner. You know Anthony's identity, but you have no special ability on your own.

Anthony: You are Anthony, the sailor who rescued Mr. Todd as he was adrift in the ocean. After falling in love with Johanna while she sang at her window, you have contrived to steal her away from her home, and have in fact succeeded. You are both now on the run, and can't attract too much intention or the Judge may find and steal back Johanna. If Johanna would be arrested during the day or night, she may be rescued by Anthony once.

Elizabeth: You are Elizabeth, the former wife of Benjamin Barker. Full of despair at the fact that your husband was gone and that you had been raped by a so-called “honorable” man, you took arsenic, and now your mind has been broken beyond repair. You do, however, have an almost uncanny insight into the souls of those who you meet, and often see things others can't or won't. Every 2rd day, you may point at 1 person and receive their identity at the end of the day phase.
    Last edited by Vavaara; 2008-08-15 at 05:46 PM.
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vavaara View Post
    Beadle Bailey: The strong and brutal arm of Judge Turpin, you are his enforcer and lackey and will follow him unquestioningly. A conniving man, you have your own skewed sense of justice and will not hesitate to arrest people for the smallest infractions (though of course, you yourself do not follow your own code of conduct...). Every 2nd day, you may bully a random number of players (1d4) into changing their votes to match that of the Judges. If they do not comply, they are sent to Jail within 1d4 days (Killed).
    An excellent Idea for a game! Just a little nitpick. Isn't his name Beadle Bamford?
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wait.. the Masons get a night kill while the Watch (Werewolves) get to protect someone?
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

So I'm not the only that thinks that's weird.

Is an arrest the sam sas a kill?
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-15 at 07:04 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162

The thing here is that the villagers are on the killers side.
    So the werewolfs have to try to control the villagers and lynch the masons while the masons should try to kill the werewolfs with their night kill abilities.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-08-15 at 07:05 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm with you, but the villagers want someone to randomly kill one of their own each night?

14. - Top - End - #164

The danger I see here is that if Sweeney Todd would die early there would not be much of a game...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-08-15 at 07:17 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, the arrest is. So the wolves could Bane OR Kill, but not both.

It seems interesting to me, but the mega-poison seems a bit overpowered, as it automatically shows exactly who the masons are straight away, so a network would be built pretty quick after that. Although...since there's no baner it might make it more interesting.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

My question is, who are the masons in that description? I didn't see them listed.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

@ RadikalSkippy: Oops, you’re right about that. Fixing it now.

@ Andre_Fairechilde: It’s the “Lesser of 2 evils” thing. Lifetime in a prison god-forsaken penal colony/ hang by the neck till dead or a relatively pain-less death (depending on how sharp Mr. Todd’s been keeping his razors and if the neck snaps when the unfortunate victim hits the bottom of the chute)?

@ Emperor Demonking: Yes. Arrest is just a word for Kill in this.

@ Shadowcaller: If it were up to me, I’d have BOTH teams be werewolves and have NO masons, with the townsfolk caught in the middle… Actually, now that I think about it that might work theme-wise.

I was also debating giving Sweeney 2 chances to escape a night kill and 1 to escape a day “arrest”.

Win Conditions:

Spoiler
    Show

Werewolves: Arrest Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett. Absolute victory if Johanna and Anthony are also arrested and the Judge/ the Beadle are still alive.

Reasoning behind the Werewolves: The Police of London are a corrupt organization, rife with bribes and wrongful imprisonments. The people are terrified of their power, and live in fear that they will be arrested and sent off to a penal colony like Australia. The Judge and the Beadle do nothing to dispel this and actually promote it, handing out punishments that vastly outweigh the crimes.

Masons: Kill the Judge and the Beadle, along with the Watchmen. Absolute Victory if Todd does not kill Elizabeth or Johanna, Mrs. Lovett sells pies to at least ½ of the remaining players, and Toby is still alive.

Reasoning behind the Masons: To the normal townsfolk, the Todds look like a normal family. A successful barber, his wife with a successful bakery, and their god-fearing and respectful son. Therefore, they’d have no reason to suspect the dark vendetta that Todd is enacting on the residents of London. Even then, his vengeance is only directed at the people in general, while his true hatred lies with the Police in particular.

Others: Johanna and Anthony win if they are not arrested, and get an Absolute Victory if Anthony does not use his rescue ability. Elizabeth wins if she scries Mr. Todd and Johanna and does not get arrested, and gets an Absolute Victory if her family (Elizabeth and Mr. Todd) is alive at game’s end.

Townsfolk: Survive till the end and get rid of the Werewolves

Reasoning behind the Townsfolk: They’re just simple residents of London, and they want to get rid of the atmosphere of fear that is pervading their town like a thick, cloying mist. Day-lynching is equivalent to exposing a corrupt official’s misdeeds and having them sent off. If the townies win, they get new officials!

Victory Scenarios:

Spoiler
    Show

Masons win Absolutely along with Townies
    Todd, his vendetta satisfied, lays down his razor and spends the rest of his days caring for his mentally broken love, Elizabeth. Johanna and Anthony have eloped successfully, and are currently living abroad. Mrs. Lovett, with no more bodies to cook into her pies, becomes an honest businesswoman and begins buying regular meat to use in her pies and allows Toby to help her. The current administration of London has been replaced with a new, as yet uncorrupted structure, and the townspeople rejoice that they are out from under the boot of the tyrant Judge and Beadle.

Masons win, but Elizabeth and Johanna have died
    Todd, wracked with grief at the loss of his family a second time, takes his own life. Mrs. Lovett, ever the enterprising businesswoman, bakes the family into a fresh batch of pies and sends off Toby to a Barber College so he can continue the cycle of death that kept them so prosperous. The current administration of London has been replaced with a new, as yet uncorrupted structure, and the townspeople rejoice that they are out from under the boot of the tyrant Judge and Beadle.

Werewolves win Absolutely
    The administration, wrathful at the actions of the townsfolk, come down with a vengeance and arrest people on trumped-up charges. Todd, Mrs. Lovett, Toby, and Anthony are caught in the process and are hung, and Johanna is sentenced to spend the rest of her days in Bedlam for her “insane behavior” at not accepting the Judge’s proposition.

Werewolves win, but the Judge and the Beadle have died.
    Like a serpent with its head cut off, the Police have no direction. Unlike a snake, they strike at everyone left in town, arresting everyone. Todd, Mrs. Lovett, Toby, and Anthony are caught in the process and are hung, and Johanna is sentenced to spend the rest of her days in Bedlam for her “insane behavior” at not accepting the Judge’s proposition.

Included in the win conditions are my reasons for setting up the groups that way.
    Last edited by Vavaara; 2008-08-15 at 05:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

I very much like the idea of the two wolf groups... then again I run Mafia... which has two wolf groups.

Umm. Anyway.

Playing a game with no masons sounds very intriguing, you may want to hand pick your Sweeny Todd so there is no autolynch and let the other roles be randomized.

Does the game immediatly end if Sweeny Todd is lynched? Does that side still get a night kill if Mrs Lovett takes over the night kills?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

The game doesn't end if Todd is caught, it just means Mrs. Lovett gets to kill people with her rolling pin to keep making her pies

With no masons, the citizens are going to have the odds stacked against them heavily... Making it even more awesome when they win. I'd like Todd to retire without having to die, though. Ah well, can't have everything I suppose.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

Death Note werewolf game over with victory to the Anti-Kira, NPA, and Mello for killing all four Kiras. Oh and Free Hand for surviving.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Alright, this is a new game I've been putting off, but I think it might work out... somewhat.

The Setting
    ZOMG NONE! The Game Grid, I'll call it for now. Details are being... thought through. Mainly, it's a game based on Internet Memes.

The Roles

Teh Haxorz:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ???? (Alpha): The leader. Scries as a villager.

CATS (Devil): All your base are belong to him. Going through your records and all your belongings, he has the ability to find each and every one of you.

(Unnamed Wolves): Basic wolf role.

The Villagers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lolcats (Masons): hazing cheezburger, fightin basement cat, worshipping Ceiling Cat, or using invisible props, these kittehs never give up and stand together forever.

Chuck Norris (Baner): Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris. Using his power, he can protect one person each night. Said Person will be protected from scrying or killing (if the person is scried, the result will be Villager.)

Gene Frenkle (Transmuter): It needs more Cowbell. No exceptions. What if it did have more cowbell? Who knows what could happen… This ability can only be used once every two nights.

Rick Astley (Sniper): Rick Astley has the ability to kill one person every third night. Also, let it be known that Rick Astley will never give you up, let you down, run around and desert you.

Pirate and Ninja (Feuders): Enemies forever. The Pirate wins if the Ninja dies and he survives. The Ninja wins if the Pirate dies and he survives. If they both survive or both die, neither of them is considered a winner.

Caramell dancer: Hipnotic powers allow him to force any other person into the Caramelldansen, making them unable to post AT ALL during the following day and night.

Captain Obvious (Seer): “Mr. Obvious has Obvious as a last name.” Everyone’s favourite Superhero. He can scry one person each night to determine their role.

Captain Oblivious (Fool): “I wonder why they call me that?” Captain Obvious’s Arch-enemy. He believes he has the ability to scry as well, but will get a random result instead of an actual result.

Comments and help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to stay a little more on the simple side this time around.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-09-08 at 10:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Haha, awesomeness, Haruki!

I'll play

Who knows who at the start?

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric View Post
    Haha, awesomeness, Haruki!

I'll play

Who knows who at the start?
    Thanks.

Just the masons and the wolf group know each other.

24. - Top - End - #174

All masons know all the masons? and likewise for the wolves?

That might just be me, but depending on the number of 'Anonymous', the masons might be quite over-powered by that...

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

They wouldn't be masons if they didn't know eachother.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

That's pretty normal for a WW game, I think.

This game's going to win the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Banned

Which "Transmuter" were you planning on using? There have been a few different versions in the past.

*reminds self to finish that pesky list when he gets more time*

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I think he means the classic one.

29. - Top - End - #179

Probably the one where you randomize any effect from any given role and other roles that are not in the game. But I don't really know for sure. That's also something I was working on. I was wondering if I could get the Transmuter to make someone have to post in a certain way or something.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey Haruki, maybe Numa Numa guy could step in as the Alpha werewolf? Or Where The Hell is Matt, in some sort of guest appearance.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show