New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central III - All potential wolves please read

On a second note, I win if I find the cookie.
    But can I go to team good then, to get ultimate win?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Wouldn't having so many power roles be a little unbalanced considering the wolves don't know each other?

Otherwise awesome looking game! I have just one question, what if someone like Mustiado got the role of Freshmeat_? Would the world implode?
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

I'm still considering changing the wolves to all knowing each other and just have Supagoof take over the scrying if Shadow falls, not sure though.

As for the cookie, I'm thinking about making three cookies. Once the D-D in the game gets all three, they can either leave or attempting to convert everyone to Cookiemanjaro-ness.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd been in for that, Griever. I like the ability given me, as at the same time it seems useless* and game-breaking.

* not useless as in literally useless, but useless as in 'what the hell? What's that supposed to accomplish?'

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

If you have a better idea, I'm all ears, EK.

Coming up with 27 roles to each match a playgrounder kinda killed my creativity for a bit, so some roles got the short end.
    -TF2 Medic

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Griever View Post
    As for the cookie, I'm thinking about making three cookies. Once the D-D in the game gets all three, they can either leave or attempting to convert everyone to Cookiemanjaro-ness.
    Hmm, interesting, details?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweet, I'm a role! Thanks!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground

Awww... I'm not

But hell, I'll definitely play!

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric View Post
    Awww... I'm not

But hell, I'll definitely play!
    I've got a list of people to give roles to, and you are on it, just blame my lack of role-making ability, I'm not Banjo

And D-D? I have no idea how that would work yet, I still have one big mechanic I want to put in and them some more roles and we can add that later, it is more icing where the cake isn't near finished.
    -TF2 Medic

10. - Top - End - #220

I've got a list of people to give roles to, and you are on it, just blame my lack of role-making ability, I'm not Banjo
    Haha... ok. Thanks Nice to know I'm on the list, at least

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, it hasn't come into play on these boards but when I was in college, we played a lot of risk to the point of having a strategy named for me. 'The EK maneuver' (Not using my real name here, as it is a rather embarassing strategy) involves a last minute suicidal blitzkrieg when it is clear that I am about to lose.

Generally speaking this strategy is used to throw the game into the favour of a player of my choosing, generally someone I've been allied with, or at least have had minimal hostility.

In fact, WWX marks the first time that this strategy has actually been used in a werewolf game, as exhibited by what the wolves have just done. You can stick with what you have originally, but if you want to adapt something truly unique to me, this is a good starting point.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Eldritch Knight- A seasoned player who is very good at staying under the radar, he was selected very early by the Grand Game Breaker himself! Due to his under-the-radar abilities, he can elect to send in his real point to the narrator via pm. When lynched, the "EK Maneuver" takes effect, effectively preventing any wolves from being lynched the next day.

How about something like that? Might be overpowered, but the wolves are facing what ends up being a full list of power roles.
    -TF2 Medic

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

And D-D? I have no idea how that would work yet, I still have one big mechanic I want to put in and them some more roles and we can add that later, it is more icing where the cake isn't near finished.
    I can devise something myself tomorrow?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    I can devise something myself tomorrow?
    Feel free, but if I see this-

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota tomorrow
    Okay, new ability. Once I has da cookies, I tells dem he-thens that they gots ta worship Cookiemanjaro or else, and we puts t'ose dat wont toogeder and I says "rocks fall, dey dies"
    I will be disappointed.
    -TF2 Medic

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

*snip*
    Feel free, but if I see this-

*snip*

I will be disappointed.
    I won't.

At most I'l do that when the game is running in character. Or something.

And another thing.
    We'l most likely be RP'ing ourselves and eachother, this'l be loads of fun!
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-08-21 at 06:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eldritch Knight- A seasoned player who is very good at staying under the radar, he was selected very early by the Grand Game Breaker himself! Due to his under-the-radar abilities, he can elect to send in his real point to the narrator via pm. When lynched, the "EK Maneuver" takes effect, effectively preventing any wolves from being lynched the next day.

How about something like that? Might be overpowered, but the wolves are facing what ends up being a full list of power roles.
    The best way to do it would be to apply a +X votes to a player of your choice upon lynching. Other than that, it looks pretty balanced.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Awesome game, Griever. I suggest you do go with making the wolves know each other... or at least think things through on Supagoof uniting the wolves (If I understood correctly.) If I were a wolf and somehow found Shadow, I'd honestly kill him in order to bring the wolves together. We wouldn't even be losing the Devil, since Goof would take over.

Also: No fool?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

More up to date now, added the roles of Aemoh, Uncle Festy and Vampiric, while updated the role of Eldritch Knight.

Spoiler
    Show

The Day Candyland Broke.

It was a nice, peaceful day in Candyland; Alarra and Zeb were tanning in the sugar-coated beach; Griever and Atreyu were busy racing to the gumdrop mountains; and all was well.

No one notices the ominous, black clouds on the horizon, or the evil that followed underneath it...

Rules:

Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome to the Game: The Day Candyland Broke, it is a WW-based game fought between The Good Gamers and The Game Breakers.

A few notes on the rules of this game:

Helgraf's Scry Interference WILL be in effect, so scry carefully!

In the event of a tie on lynching, whoever arrived at the tie first will be lynched.

The Game Breakers start off knowing each other.

Victory Conditions:

The Good Gamers win by defeating all The Game Breakers.

The Game Breakers win by attaining a majority in the game. The game is the considered "broken".

Any Neutral Roles will only win if they fulfill their personal win requirement.

Roles:

The Good Gamers:

All The Good Guys want to do is have some fun while playing a simple game, unfortunately, in order to accomplish this, they will have to kick out any who would put that goal in danger.

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra – One of the Lovers, they start off knowing each other and when they vote together their vote counts as three instead of two.

Atreyu, the Masked LLama – Believes strongly that the entire purpose of WW games is for fun and therefore attempts to keep active players alive so they can have more fun. Once every night, Atreyu can protect one active player from death. To be considered active, that player must not be up for autolynch.

Banjo – A master of WW games involving percentage chance lynches, he can therefore exploit the loopholes within the game to give the lynchee a chance (not large) of surviving the lynch. Cannot use on himself and, because the percentage is small, can use his ability on the day of the lynch.

Cristo Meyers – The debacler! This master roleplayer has found that, unfortunately, his roleplaying touch has been found to be rather poisonous to his partners. Because of this, he has trained long and hard to learn the arts of the bard. Using his newfound skills, he can sing incessantly near someone of his choosing, causing so much confusion that the person will be unable to perform any actions that night or the following day other than pointing.

Detrevnisisiht – The bane of all people who like to spell out names… seriously, just, wow… anyway, because of his invertedness, his point does, in fact, decrease the total votes of who he points at by 1.

Emperor Demonking – One of the most likely people to die before the first night, Emperor Demonking has learned well the lesson of when to bandwagon and when to not. If he is on a successful bandwagon twice in a row, he is auto-lynched. However, if he leads a successful bandwagon, he gets a bonus scry.

Helgraf – The mastermind behind the rule Helgraf’s Scry Interference (Modest, isn’t he?), Helgraf can use his crazy mind powers to create a scry shield for someone (Basically re-done Fool’s role, without the scry part).

Indy – This nude player is truly a sight to behold (the ladies tell me his charisma is off the charts, if that means anything). Because of his absence of shame and abundance of confidence, he can successfully protect himself from being lynched or night-killed once.

Mordokai – A paladin of great virtue, no doubt, but not perfect. Many of his so-called “friends” have attempted to make him fall, and he has rebuffed their attempts as well as he can. However, he is on the tipping edge, if he is on a bandwagon that kills an innocent three times, he falls, and turns evil. However, if he joins a wolf-killing bandwagon three times, he gets a once-only night bane, usable at his discretion.

Murska – A lidless green eye, wreathed in fla- wait, green? How in the world does that work? Well, anyway, apparently Sauron has gone green to save the environment and is working with the good guys. Once every night he can scry someone’s role.

PhantomFox – Mason, starts off knowing radikalskippy and Ranna; these best friends are so close, they are right next to each other in the alphabet!

radikalskippy – Mason, starts off knowing PhantomFox and Ranna; these best friends are so close, they are right next to each other in the alphabet!

Ranna - Mason, starts off knowing PhantomFox and radikalskippy; these best friends are so close, they are right next to each other in the alphabet!

Shadowcaller – Once every four days (starting on the second), Shadowcaller can effectively increase the time in the day by 24 hours by delaying the narration with his still-haven’t-finished-the-Kyou-finale ways.

Uncle Festy – Unfortunately, Uncle Festy appears to have been dressed more for a fancy dinner party in Ultimate Greed rather than the dangerous heights of the gumdrop mountains. Indeed, it would appear he hasn’t read any of the rules or role descriptions in the entire game!! What to do about him… well, because of his ignorance of the rules, I’m afraid all special effects have no effect on him. He cannot receive any items, his voting abilities cannot be tampered with and he most definitely won’t take a nap after lunch!

Zeb the Troll – The other lover. Although separated by the entire alphabet, they hold true, knowing each other at the start and when voting together, they get 3 instead of 2.

Good Guys who have yet to receive a role:

hap_hazard,
    Doseki,
    Jontom Xire,
    Recaiden,
    Thes Hunter,
    Dragoon,
    GAThraawn,
    Lizard Lord,
    and others..

The Game Breakers:

They live to break the games worked so hard on by the narrators and have come now, the most holy of sites in the gaming world, Candyland, to ruin everyone's fun for their own amusement.

Spoiler
    Show

Andre - Shadow’s left hand man. Andre, or “The Enforcer”, enforces… stuff, yeah, with a gun, or something sharp. Anyway, every two nights he can clean up the crime scene and hold off the investigators until the next night, effectively revealing the true identities of the victims a day late.

Dr. Bath – An extremely impressive and famous avatarist turned infamous. How the good doctor cracked, we do not know, however we found images in his photobucket account, and they were quite gruesome, so we can safely assume that he probably spent way too much time reading fanfiction. However, his artistic ability has granted him the power to change any Game Breaker’s appearance to that of a random villager for one night. This power cannot be used on the same person again until Dr. Bath has gone through the entire list of wolves excluding himself (who he can’t use it on). Dr. Bath uses his ability by naming the role he wants disguised to the narrator.

Evnafets – Deceptively cute and childish, Lil’ Evvie is more devious than he looks, for he has been planning on taking over the Gumdrop Mountains from Atreyu for some time. He has re-christened himself as Lil’ Evvie, the Destroyer of Worlds. If killed, he will take one person responsible for his death with him.

Shadow – The BBEG himself, famous for The Rule of Shadow and whatnot. He has handpicked his team and prepared for a fight (not actually alpha pick, just randomized). He has one goal, and that is to break this game he has, well, broken into. To do this, he employs crazy ninja magic to figure out the role of one person each night.

Supagoof – Shadow’s right hand man, if Shadow should fall in battle, Supagoof is ready and willing to step up and take the reigns of his evil empire his evil Game Breaking Group and will take over the scry ability.

The Neutral Roles:

These people have found themselves caught up in this conflict but are apathetic as to its conclusion. They merely want to settle their own person conflicts.

Spoiler
    Show

Aemoh – Get him! He’s Sephiroth!!!! Oh, wait, wrong game, but he is Sephiroth, so, serious, lynch him in AC 3. Because of his avatar, no one can trust Aemoh, I’m afraid neither team will accept him as a comrade. Due to his lack of alliances, Aemoh only has one weapon at his disposal to get trust, his vote. Every night he has the option of surrendering his vote to another player, increasing their vote’s power by 1. Aemoh can still do a fake point in thread to put off those evil little spreadsheets. If the player Aemoh targets would have their voting power lost due to a special ability, they will get back their voting power due to Aemoh’s sacrifice. If Aemoh restores 3 Good Gamer's voting power, he will be accepted into their folds and gain their win condition. If he restores 2 Game Breaker's voting power, he will likewise be accepted in. Otherwise, his only goal is to survive.

CurlyKitGirl – The nemesis of all things squid bones, she is hunting down the preposterous notion that squids could have bones, I mean come on, what in the world?!?!? Every night she can check a person to see if they hold a squid bone. If the player she targets is holding a squid bone, the bone is destroyed and the player then loses their next day ability to point. CKG is on Team Neutral and wins if she destroys over 50% of the squid bones handed out.

DD – The chaotic, blue cookie monster has somehow stumbled upon this peaceful game and has demanded cookies. Every night he can pick one person, if they have the cookie Cookiemanjaro will enact holy vengeance on the person in question, killing them on the spot. The cookie-holder can be on either team. The cookie can be traded during the day and grants special abilities to the holder.

Fleeing Coward – Nuisance or savior? No one knows for sure. Because of his cowardice he can decrease the total votes for his lynch by 1 due to sympathy, I suppose. Also, he can, once per game make a bonus scry, at any time. Unfortunately for him the scry is public and his identity will be revealed along with his identity.

Freshmeat – A lone gunman with both strategy and a certain fondness for westerns. He has an ongoing feud with Mustiado that spans the ages, the genres and tvtropes. Every night Freshmeat can pick one target, if that target is Mustiado, Mustiado dies and Freshmeat wins, leaving the game in a very desperado type way.

Griever – Narrator, better known as He-Who-We-Shall-Not-Toy-With

Vampiric – Vampiric took a wrong turn at YOW 3 and instead of ending up at Vampire III has somehow found their way into Candyland. To escape, Vampiric must collect essences! Every night Vampiric can pick someone to bite, receiving a piece of their essence. The chosen person cannot act at all the next day. Vampiric, however, will get a bonus +1 to their point for that day. Cannot target self with bite. To win, Vampiric must live through the game and sample each of these roles: A Wolf, The Seer/Devil/Scry Interference-Man, A Mason; if Vampiric successfully samples all three, they can leave the game early or stay in, creating more havoc.

Zar Peter – Zar Peter is an expert in bone-logic. He, for example, is absolutely sure that squid bones do exist. In order to further his point, he has crafted a large number of fake squid bones along with a collection of real squid bones. Every night he can attempt to, through the narrators, give both a real and fake squid bone to separate people. If they accept the real squid bone, they are granted a once only +1 to their vote the next day. If they accept a fake, they lose their pointing ability the next day. Zar Peter is on Team Neutral, he wins if over half of the bones he has handed out still exist at the end of the game.

Cookies:

Spoiler
    Show
    There will be three cookies in the game. They will be handed out to random people at the start. That person may decide to eat the cookie or pass it on that night. If he eats the cookie he MUST pass the cookie on as well. IF you eat the cookie, Dallas-Dakota will be informed. The cookie can give a wide variety of abilities including a once-only scry, immunity to the next day's lynch, or others...

As for the fool, I have never personally liked that role, and I don't want to insult someone by giving them the role fool seeing as I am semi-basing these powers off the people I give them (sans Uncle Festy and a few others).

Helgraf is sorta the fool, turned scry shielder, as that is all the fool is once they realize they are the fool.
    Last edited by Griever; 2008-08-21 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Made wolves know each other; changed Supagoof's role to that effect
    -TF2 Medic

19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Griever
    Uncle Festy – Unfortunately, Uncle Festy appears to have been dressed more for a fancy dinner party in Ultimate Greed rather than the dangerous heights of the gumdrop mountains. Indeed, it would appear he hasn’t read any of the rules or role descriptions in the entire game!! What to do about him… well, because of his ignorance of the rules, I’m afraid all special effects have no effect on him. He cannot receive any items, his voting abilities cannot be tampered with and he most definitely won’t take a nap after lunch!

… I don't get it.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post

… I don't get it.
    The idea, from my point of view, is that you are from a different world entirely, so the rules of this world hold no effect on you.

Can give you a different ability if you want and give someone else the immune role.
    -TF2 Medic

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by Griever
    Helgraf is sorta the fool, turned scry shielder, as that is all the fool is once they realize they are the fool.
    Heh. I'm radio static. :laughs:
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

I must say that I feel honored to be given a role, as annoying as it is that people still don't see what my name means (otherwise they would find it easier to type.) so for those that don't understand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detrevni Si Siht

get it yet?

Still don't understand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This Is Inverted, which makes inverted, Its written backwards.....

If you still need help......
    Spoiler
    Show
    .......*headdesk*LEAVE!NOW! Your presence makes my brain cells call out in agony for their beaten and ignored brethren which reside in your skull.

Ok....*deep breth*...I'm calm now*eyetwitch*

23. - Top - End - #233

The idea, from my point of view, is that you are from a different world entirely, so the rules of this world hold no effect on you.

Can give you a different ability if you want and give someone else the immune role.
    Why would I be from a different world?
    The necromancer role would probably work, though.
    But if it's supposed to be based off of how we play…
    Well, I'll think about it.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

24. - Top - End - #234

Griever, give me the fool role in your game. You can account for my noobiness and still learning the ropes to be able to make mistakes, but can sometimes find the right person. (Yay newbies!)
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Banned

How come I'm always the BBEG?!?
    I'm a good villager too! And we basically BROKE Hogwarts for the Teachers (masons) in that one. See? I can break games for the good guys too!

In all honesty, I'd say DON'T give roles to everyone. Games like that tend to get broken of their own accord with litle or no help from players.

But it looks like fun so far!

26. - Top - End - #236

Griever, I would love to play that game. It would also be nice if I could be one of the roles, even if I don't have any power But whatever works.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Psssst. Griever. You forgot to put me up there for Freshmeat to hunt.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

Ooh ooh! I'll be a role! I'll be the guy who wins if he can get Cristo Lynched in a debacle!
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Ooh ooh! I'll be a role! I'll be the guy who wins if he can get Cristo Lynched in a debacle!
    Shouldn't that like, be Mordokai's role, despite that he really doesn't play WW games....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Shouldn't that like, be Mordokai's role, despite that he really doesn't play WW games....
    I thought Mordokai played lots of WW games

And yeah it could be but I instigated the original debacle back in ACII. Much fun was had in that game and my general missing the crux of every issue!