Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Auromar: Beginnings and Endings (IC4)

Travellers

Spoiler
    Show
    For once, the priest is tongue-tied. He looks down quickly, blushing furiously. His right hand instinctively reaches out for a finger on his left - a finger that is bare.

He glances back up, eventually, and a small smile is evident.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Forest folk:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you, any tutoring you can give would be appreciated, and I'd be happy to wait until you're finished with the work you have to do.

Kjapp collects his map, putting it back in his pack while a cheeky grin forms on his face. Speaking of dangerous toys, did you work out what the function of the runed quiver was while you were away?

After Anura replies he stands, a hand on Yggdrasil. Sorry, one more question before I leave you in peace. Could you open a gateway to Krista's grove, I'd like to talk to her about the state of the forest. I wont stray far from the grove if you need me.

Last edited by Greymist; 2008-11-25 at 08:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Travelers

Spoiler
    Show
    Grazys nods. "No worries, mate! If I had someone special, I'd take every opportunity to be with her!"
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Travellers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Reid nods shyly, and spends another couple seconds searching for words. Eventually, he simply switches topics.

How about you, Uri? May I ask the nature of your vision?
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground

Travellers
    Spoiler
    Show

Uri

It is as I have said. The Lord Pelor, or one of his avatars at least, asked me if I needed to atone for any sins, to which I replied that there were none that I knew of. He told me that there were none, and that there were going to be great trials on the mission ahead. Uri then closes his eyes for a moment, and his voice becomes almost mechanical. Obviously he has been 'debriefed' like this before There are innocents that have been caught up in this curse, and that my oath "will be tested against itself", and that I will have to find my own answers therin. he also spoke of allowing those who truly wish to atone to do so. But to keep them to their word and not allow those who wish to atone to slip from their path. He come back from deep recital and opens his eyes With all of this there is much to think upon, and the choices ahead will determine many fates not just our own.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Travellers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Reid listens with interest to Uri's description. At the words "slip from their path," his eyes dart to Hist briefly before returning to Uri.

Well, that seems... reasonable. It sounds like we'll all have even more to discuss with Anura and Kjapp when we meet up.

We should be able to reach the forest's edge in two more days. Uri, I look forward to catching up with you more. But I think your instincts were excellent - we should get some sleep.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Forest folk:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anura takes off the ring and hands it to Kjapp. "Here you are. When you step into the tree, just concentrate on where you want to end up."

EDIT:
    "Oh, and the quiver. It bestows acidic energy on any arrows or bolts kept within."

After Kjapp leaves, Anura returns to her work.
    Last edited by guardinal; 2008-11-26 at 02:12 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758

DruidGuy

OOC all:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The next few days may be busy for me, so I thought I'd better post so I don't hold things up. I hope I'm not jumping the gun...

forest folk:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anura nods to Kjapp at whatever point he returns to Yggdrasil, but she remains focused on writing in her spellbook. The following day passes much the same.

On the third day, she spends a few hours in the morning going over the basics of scroll scribing for Kjapp (if he is still interested).

When that is done she summons a globe of opaque gray force to give herself some privacy for spellcasting and to finish some enhancements to her outfit.

She emerges about 8 1/2 hours later, in mid-afternoon, appearing a little drained but with a satisfied gleam in her eyes.

"Well, this has been a remarkable few weeks! I guess it's time we start to look for the others, though. Ready?"

If Kjapp signals his readiness (and has returned the ring to her), she picks up the two staves (and gestures for Kjapp to take the other bundle) casts a few spells, then opens a tree-gate to the western edge of the forest (just 'aiming' for due west), stepping through after Kjapp and looking around, trying to get her bearings.

"I never actually came this way myself, and I'd guess you know this forest better than anyone. Is it more likely that a party coming from Incrucio would reach the forest to the north or south of us here, do you think? By popping back to Yggdrasil I think we can 'edge' our way along the forest in twenty or thirty mile increments. Each time we stop I can fly up a hundred feet or so and have a look around. A group so big should be easy to spot from many miles off. I can also summon some unbelievably fast mounts if we need them, and if nothing turns up by an hour or so past nightfall then I'll try scrying Reid, and we can attempt a teleport. Obviously I'd rather not do that unless we're out of other options. If we landed off-target away from the forest I think we'd be quite lost. Does this sound good?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully it is clear what Anura is suggesting. She is ready to begin if Kjapp has no objections.

She is quite content to let Kjapp take the lead on orienteering, and even to let him be the ring-user if it makes things easier.

Active spells:
    Spoiler
    Show

(extended) dragonsight (quadruple low-light vision, darkvision 120', blindsense 60ft., 1/2 normal penalty for distance on spot checks) (24h remaining)
    overland flight (12h remaining)
    mage armor (12h remaining)
    divine insight (14h remaining)
    heart of air/water/earth/fire (12h remaining)

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Travellers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last two days worth of walk to the forest are easy, and the people seem to be very heartened to see the greenery growing around them.

After the two day walk, it is in the first two hours after dawn that you pass under the first trees.

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The moment you pass underneath the trees, you feel the forest itself seem to welcome you as one of it's own. You also can literally feel the distance between yourself and Sarai here in the forest. The distance seems to very quickly get shorter.

Ahead of you about a hundred feet, one of the trees seems to glow with magic for a moment, those of you with magical training recognize druidic type magic.

A form seems to pull itself away from the tree, and then a red-haired woman molds herself from the tree. The woman stops and stares, her eyes taking in the large group, before landing on Reid.

Her lips seem to attempt to form words, but nothing comes out. Finally, she just shakes her head and runs towards him. She slows down once she reaches Reid, pausing, waiting for him to make a move.

Forest Folk:
    Spoiler
    Show

Your first attempt takes you to the western edge of the forest, and Anura lifts into the sky. Looking around, see sees trees, trees, and more trees, and then the plain to the west. She does see Yggdrasil however, and using it as a reference from the maps that Kjaap made, can guesstimate that your trip was too far north to be able to see the group.

OOC:Second shot will work, but I want a reaction from Reid first before you all are able to find him.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Travellers:

Spoiler
    Show
    [This is on the assumption that I don't recognize the red-haired woman in any way.]

Reid pauses, startled at the appearance of the woman from the tree. He raises an open hand in greeting as she approaches.

Good morning. My name is Reid. We are friends to the forest, and will be passing through with respect. And you are?

I am going to HAVE to learn Sarai's language.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, apparently I'd been a little too obtuse. There was a reason the distance between you and Sarai shortened quickly. Or did I get her hair color wrong? :P This is Sarai. LOL
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Travelers

Spoiler
    Show
    The binder nudges his young friend. "Go to her!" Grazys says with a chuckle.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Travelers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hist nods, smiling a little roguish smile

I'll second that. Go, Reid!
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, apparently I'd been a little too obtuse. There was a reason the distance between you and Sarai shortened quickly. Or did I get her hair color wrong? :P This is Sarai. LOL
    Sorry: by "woman", I read "human woman" - racism at its worst!

Reid is clearly embarrassed by his friends' jostling, but needs no encouragement. Rushing forward to meet Sarai, he said nothing, but simply folded her in his arms.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-11-28 at 05:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

Travellers:
    Spoiler
    Show

The woman embraces Reid back, holding tightly onto him. "I am so glad you have returned. My heart has ached without you."

The woman, Sarai for those that have met her, is quite willing to just continue holding onto Reid.

One of the others walks up to Grazys. "Who's she?" he asks her.

Don't be stupid.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Forest Folk:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Kjapp returns to Yggdrasil later in the evening after spending time talking to Krista and just generally taking in her grove he hands the ring back to Anura.

The following days are spent divided between generally wandering around the surrounding area and going over all arrows making sure they haven't been damaged including repairing those recovered from the skirmish with the hounds.

On the third day he happily accepts Anura's training, doing his best to take in the magical theory behind it.

When the time arrives to find the large group travelling from Incrucio, Kjapp takes the assigned bundle and walks through the portal on the other side he looks up at the sun and the surrounding trees and nods to himself.

I think we came out too far north, a few hops along the tree line to the south east should see us in the right area. That said I would like see these summoned mounts at some time he says with a confident smile

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Travellers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Reid

"And mine knows ease with you in my arms."

He reluctantly, slowly draws back.

"Sarai, I would like you to meet Uri, an old friend from the times before we came to Auromar. And these are...

He rhymes off the names of four or five of the travellers from Incrucio who have gathered closest.

"All of these people came to try to give new life to a town west of here, called Incrucio. They were brave to have done so, the terrible attack that I sent to you about, it killed a third of the town. The others are returning to Eras. Do you think Krista would mind if we used her ring to bring them to the other side?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-11-29 at 06:05 PM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Bugbear in the Playground

Travellers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uri

Uri nods to her respectfully Ma'am. He does look a little concerned at the fact that Reid is in love with a druidic girl though. ((she still looks wooden like most dryads, yes?))
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Travellers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uri: Yes, she has a wooden skin tone, red hair, and probably tops out at 5'1".

Don't be stupid.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

Travelers

Spoiler
    Show
    "She is Raidente Reid's betrothed!" Grazys whispers softly and grins. "An' a lady o' this great wood, returned ta her normal form when we lifted tha Curse from tha forest."
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-11-29 at 09:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771

DruidGuy

Forest Folk:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anura flies down to Kjapp from her brief scouting in the air.

"We'll need to shift south, I think. Does that sound right to you?"

Assuming Kjapp agrees, she opens a tree-gate back to Yggdrasil, then back to the forest edge, a bit farther south than before.

Again, she'll fly up and look around for any sign of dozens and dozens of people reaching the forest edge from the wasteland.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Travellers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Reid continues to speak with Sarai.

I hope that, once we get the others through, we might have some time together. There's so much that's happened...and so much still happening.

Darling, as we got closer to the forest, I could feel you moving closer. Did you...I mean...I've never felt that kind of...with anyone.

Words float away from Reid, although his lips continue to try to shape them for several seconds before he stops, blushing, and simply gazes at Sarai with a goofy smile on his face.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Travellers

Spoiler
    Show
    Hist moves over to stand with Grazys and Uri

Heartwarming, no?

It wasn't a whisper, just... said quietly. There's a little smile on his face, gentle, not patronizing, but simply happy at the couple's re-union
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Travellers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarai smiles gently at Reid. "You created a bond between us my love, when you accepted the seeds from my tree. So long as we are both within Yggdrasil's reach, I will always know where you are, as will you me."

Sarai touches Reid. "Is it time? Have you found a home for the both of us?"

Forest Folk:
    Spoiler
    Show

This time the tree gate brings Anura and Kjapp to a different section of the western part of the forest.

Rising into the sky, Anura can see a large group of people milling about the entrance to the forest about twenty minutes north of her.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-12-01 at 02:19 PM. Reason: oops

Don't be stupid.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    The wrong way round, I think those are.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

26. - Top - End - #776

DruidGuy

Forest Folk:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anura flies down almost immediately, looking satisfied.

"We lucked out. They are just a bit to the north...less than half an hour away I think."

(EDIT: Anura takes Krista's ring off and slips it into her haversack.)

She starts floating north (fly Mv50), staying only a few feet above the ground, trusting that Kjapp will have no trouble matching her pace.

When the pair gets to within half a mile or so of the crowd, she will land and walk the rest of the way.
    Last edited by guardinal; 2008-12-01 at 02:21 PM.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Anura and Kjapp will arrive as Reid and Sarai are conversing.

Several of the people milling about call out to Anura and Kjapp, happy to see their faces, remembering them from the town.

There is also a couple of playful grumbles that Hist, Grazys, and the others hear about wishing they'd had the magic to just transport straight through.

Don't be stupid.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Reid

As Anura and Kjapp walk over, Reid waves cheerfully.

Hello, hello! Good to see you again! Oh, my manners. Kjapp, this is Sarai, my fiancee. Sarai, Kjapp is a spectacular archer. We helped him escape unlawful confinement back in Incrucio, and he was most valiant in defending the town against the hounds. And you remember Anura, of course.

29. - Top - End - #779

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura smiles and waves a hand briefly as they hear the voices calling out.

"Yes, we're back," she says mildly to no one in particular as she draws closer. "Hip hip huzzah."

As Reid introduces Kjapp, she nods in polite greeting to his betrothed.

When the exchange is done she looks to the others.

"Hello again, fellows. Did you have a pleasant trip across the wasteland?"
    Last edited by guardinal; 2008-12-01 at 02:38 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist's position between Uri and Grazys doesn't change on the arrival of Anura and Kjapp. Though he bows his head, and his smile becomes slightly expanded.

Miss Anura. Good to see you again.

He laughs

And yes, actually. The hard ground makes for excellent sleeping..
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-01 at 02:37 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden