Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 69

Thread: Smalltown

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Smalltown

    A werewolf game for twelve or less players. See werewolf central for how to play.

    Their are three different groups:
    Town, no special abilities, don't know each other, win if non-townies are dead.
    Mafia (mario, luigi, peach): Choose a player to kill. That player can kill rather than use their ability. They have 2 or 3 members who know eachother. Win if the serial killer is dead and they have equal or higher numbers than the town.
    Serial killer (sonic): Only 1 member. Can kill and use his ability. Wins if no other players are alive.

    You choose your role in thread when you sign up.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bom-omb: Can choose to kill a player at any time. When used kills the user.
    Boo: You can follow a player and see who they target.
    Bullet Bill: You can hide in the cannon stopping you from being targeted. You can't do so consectively.
    Bully: You can push Mario, Luigi and Peach away from your target. Stopping them from killing your target.
    Cheep-Cheep: In the thread you post in green the player you wish to kill. If you're still alive in two nights time, that player dies.
    Hammer Bros: You can go to a player forcing them to join your game. They then can't use their night action.
    Moneybags: By pretending to be a coin you can stand near someone and see who targets them

    Mushroom: You can protect a player at night but if they would've died you die.
    Leaf: You can give a player a one shot watch or a one shot track.
    P-Wing: At night you can make a player immune from getting lynched. You can't use this on yorself. You can do so once.

    Goomba: You're awesome. You're sheer presense allows you target to use their ability again.
    Koopa: You lost your shell so you no longer have any abilities!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Freshmeat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Smalltown

    In as Moneybags.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Sigatar by Crimmy

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Griever's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Tech Univ.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    I'll take Koopa!
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

    Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

    Feel like some Dark Coffee?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Jontom Xire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    In as Hammer Bros.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

    Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Interesting choices in roles.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Boo! - scared ya didn't I?
    In (as Boo)

    The inevitable question - what happens in the case of 2 people left alive - the serial killer and a mafia guy?
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: Smalltown

    If the serial killer is Bullet Bill and he can use his hide, the serial killer wins otherwise its a draw.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lamech's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Smalltown

    I'm in as Cheep-Cheep. Wait so it seems the mafia are the good guys in this one, thats rather cool. Also going to be gone from this Wed-Sun.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Jontom Xire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Can bully target himself, i.e. protect himself?
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

    Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Thank you for asking.

    No.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The Fiery Tower's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    I'm in, I guess, as P-wing.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

    I've challenged myself to get 1k wins this season:
    League of Legends S4 Ranked Challenge: 190/1000 Wins,
    Top Tier Diamond I, Current Tier: Diamond IV

    Warning, my name will be changing from The Fiery Tower to TFT at some point soon.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Please, someone join.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Istari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    In as Bom-omb. Kamikazie!!

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Peach will not be in the game.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Istari
    Catseye2121
    Jontom Xire
    Freshmeat
    Lamech
    Griever
    Evnafets

    Bowser went to his room and read a most horrifying letter. Mario and Luigi not satisfied with merely defeating himself and his servants with platformy goodness had decided to infiltrate his band of merry men. Not only that but it said that a blue hedgehog was spotted also.

    Getting the seven least trusted servants and told them to find the three villains.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Townies can use their special abilities they merely don't gain any new ones.

    The serial killer does win if he completes his objective despite being dead.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-07-29 at 08:03 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Jontom Xire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    7 players, 4 of which are intent on wiping out everyone else.

    I'm thinking that Bom-omb isn't really helping anyone except the serial killer, so I point at Istari.
    Last edited by Jontom Xire; 2008-07-29 at 10:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

    Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Its only mario, Luigi and Sonic.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Jontom Xire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Duh! Yes of course. My brain-dead error.

    Even so I think my reasoning is still good.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

    Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Freshmeat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Well, Bomb could still take out the serial killer himself, or someone from Team Evil, so it's not necessarily a bad role if you ask me. Of course, the longer Bomb stays alive, the more powerful the effect becomes, so that could get dangerous after all.

    I'm going to offer an alternative target here though, mostly for potential vote analysis:
    Catseye. As P-Wing, his ability is to block a lynching once. Given that the only way for us to kill the bad guys is through lynchings, I really don't see what use that ability is to us. All it could end up doing is prevent us from making a mistake. I'd rather not make mistakes in the first places than rely on random get out of jail free cards like that.

    Not to mention: to Team Evil this thing is solid gold.
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2008-07-29 at 06:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Sigatar by Crimmy

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Istari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Defensive point at Jontom Xire
    Last edited by Istari; 2008-07-29 at 10:53 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Jontom Xire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    I was going to agree with Freshmeat and change my vote, but I thought I'd just wait a while and see what happened.

    ...


    Hmm, Istari ignores all logic and does a defensive point. WW theory # 13 states that werewolves (bad guys) get defensive when pointed at. Admittedly usually by arguing vehemently (and yes, this theory has been used against me (usually incorrectly) in almost every game I've ever played), but still...
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

    Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Istari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Give me a break i'm new at this.

    But i do see your reasoning behind your point, but look at it this way if im a wolf its one killed villager for one killed wolf. Which is advantagous to the villagers.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Jontom Xire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    I wasn't actually bothered about you being a mafia member so much as being Sonic.

    However

    doing a Freshmeat and not revealing all the stuff going on in my head

    I'll change my point to Catseye2121 because Freshmeat's logic is irrefutable. Catseye is definitely the best target for lynch on day 1 in this game.
    Last edited by Jontom Xire; 2008-07-30 at 02:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

    Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Griever's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Tech Univ.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    I concur with Freshmeat and JX as I feel relieved I did not pick a Hinjo-esque role this time: Catseye2121 it is.
    Last edited by Griever; 2008-07-29 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Lemmings... AWAY!!!
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

    Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

    Feel like some Dark Coffee?

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lamech's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Catseye2121, and thats four votes bye, bye Catseye.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Istari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Wow im voting for Catseye2121 in 2 different games now.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The Fiery Tower's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smalltown

    ...You guys do remember that we picked these before we got our roles right? Plus, look when I got my role... later then most people. I figured if a power role was in danger because team evil started lynching them, we would be able to save the power role. Oh well, lynch me if you must.

    EDIT: don't forget the fact that I can't use the antilynch ability on myself...
    Last edited by The Fiery Tower; 2008-07-29 at 03:21 PM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

    I've challenged myself to get 1k wins this season:
    League of Legends S4 Ranked Challenge: 190/1000 Wins,
    Top Tier Diamond I, Current Tier: Diamond IV

    Warning, my name will be changing from The Fiery Tower to TFT at some point soon.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Freshmeat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Smalltown

    Quote Originally Posted by Catseye2121 View Post
    ...You guys do remember that we picked these before we got our roles right? Plus, look when I got my role... later then most people.
    Respectively irrelevant and impossible to check without breaking the rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catseye
    I figured if a power role was in danger because team evil started lynching them, we would be able to save the power role. Oh well, lynch me if you must.

    EDIT: don't forget the fact that I can't use the antilynch ability on myself...
    With the exception of Koopa, all of us are power roles. Besides, you wouldn't really know who to protect from a lynching anyway unless you were part of some network. Yet if you're part of a network, why would you need to protect your allies from getting lynched in the first place? Just use your connections to get someone else lynched instead.

    The ability is worthless to us, yet could be quite dangerous if it fell in Team Evil's hands. That's the gist of it.
    In lieu of actual suspicions, as if oft the case on the first day of voting, we might as well base our votes on the roles others have, and their strategic importance to us or the enemy.

    So, do I suspect you? At this point in the game, it doesn't matter.
    It's your role that poses a problem here. In a game this small and with two groups that can kill, even one wolf lynching getting blocked could be disastrous.
    In other words: nothing personal. Just logical.
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2008-07-29 at 04:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Sigatar by Crimmy

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Freshmeat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Smalltown

    *checks watch*
    *comes up with counterlogic*

    There is one alternative though...
    Vote against a lynch.

    It's not a stretch to believe that we might kill an innocent today. That would reduce the number of players to six. Two kills can take place tonight: one by the serial killer and one by Team Evil. It's not a stretch to believe either that the serial killer might fail to kill a wolf tonight. Indeed, one might even assume that the serial killer would take special care not to do so, in order to force the villagers into voting for anyone but him, even if they discover his identity. At that point, the villagers lose no matter what, barring one extremely unlikely circumstance where they could force, at best, a draw.

    This eventuality could only be avoided if:
    - Bomb sacrifices himself tonight and kills a wolf
    - The voider blocks the serial killer's ability
    - Both teams target the same victim tonight

    All of these are quite unlikely and some might never happen anyway (if, for example, the voider is the serial killer or if Bomb is a wolf). So it basically comes down to a toss-up: will a wolf die before the dawn of the second day or not? Me, I'd rather go in battle prepared.
    That is: with scries and dead people.


    Well then. Now that we've got two viable options, let's see which one earns the public's favor.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Sigatar by Crimmy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •