New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Talon and Claw. (A Diabolical Campaign)

seeing that the dragon isn't moving Gli'lix moves to E2 and uses Easy Target, stealth - (1d20+6)[14] to see if i can sneak attack him

Attack: (1d20+7)[18] vs. AC
    Hit: (2d10+4)[10] damage, and the target is slowed and grants combat advantage to you (save ends both).
    Miss: Half damage, and the target grants combat advantage to you until the end of your next turn.

if sneak (2d6+4)[14]
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Gorthunk

Seeing the beast has descended and bereft of other options, Gorthunk steels himself.

::Move to C3, then cast Lance of Faith at the dragon::

"By the gods, you die today wyrm!"

Spoiler
    Show

Lance of Faith - Wisdom vs Reflex (1d20+3)[8]
    Damage (1d8+3)[9]

Next person to attack gets a +2 to hit.

>.< I'm new at t his 4th edition thing, so someone correct me if I'm doing something wrong here btw.

Last edited by mistformsquirrl; 2008-08-12 at 05:05 PM.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

3. - Top - End - #63

Default S'theliss, Greenscale Ranger

S'theliss runs forward, slashing hard at the dragon with one of his swords, then leaps swiftly back to safety.

Spoiler
    Show

Marking the Dragon with Hunter's Quarry - Minor.
    Moving to E3 - Move.
    Using Evasive Strike and moving back to F6 - Standard.

Evasive Strike: (1d20+7)[24] vs. AC.
    Damage: (2d8+4)[14]

Hunter's Quarry: (1d6)[6]

EDIT: Changed square I was moving to.
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-08-14 at 05:44 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Gli'lix rushes forward attempting to take the Dragon by surprise but fails to do so. The Bugbear thrusts forward with his massive rapier, the point of the blade managed to slip through the dragons armored scales. The Dragon roars with pain, lifting its front legs off the ground as it beats its wings.

Mon rushes forward an instant later, letting his flail fly into the Dragon but the Dragons reaction from the Bugbear's attack causes the flail to miss by mere inches.

She-Who-Walks runs around the flailing Mon and raises her spear as the Dragon's front comes crashing back down. The spear manages to draw blood but only just so. She shouts a challenge at the Dragon, causing it's attentions to be turned to the wingless harpy.

S'theliss rushes through the lightning pillars as lightning arcs between them, narrowly missing the lizardfolk. S'theliss finds himself in the middle of an electrical maelstorm as lightning arcs to and fro. Gritting his teeth S'theliss rushes to stand between two pillars in order to bury his blades deep into the Dragons side, causing it to roar in pain. Lightning strikes S'theliss then, causing the lizardfolk some pain, but nothing compared to what the Dragon is enduring.

Gorthunk comes to stand behind S'theliss and raising his holy symbol he sends an arc of radiance at the dragon, attempting to sear it with the holy light. Unfortunately the dragon twists to one side, causing the arc of radiance to miss.

The Dragon, having waiting before taking his own action, moves to attack Mon. Immediately She-Who-Walks lifts her spear, the divine power of her challenge issuing forth from her weapon to sear the Dragon with divine light. Though this injures the Dragon and distracts it from its target it still manages to bring both sets of its front claws crashing into the Hobgoblin. It brings its jaws down in an attempt to crush the remaining life from Mon but the radiance of She's challenge causes it to miss.

Then, in a sudden surge of action the dragon brings its head back, cold energy coalescing around its maw for an instant before it lowers its head and breathes pure elemental cold upon the party. The whole party is suddenly overcome with bone-chilling cold as the very air around them becomes hoarfrost.

Damage Taken
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mon Nailgrinder: 27 (10 Claw, 17 Cold)
    She-Who-Walks: 17 (Cold)
    Gli'lix: 17 (Cold)
    Graese: 17 (Cold)
    S'theliss: 5 (Lightning)
    Gorthunk: 17 (Cold)

Dragon: 48

Everyone save for S'theliss is Slowed and Weakened until you pass a savings throw.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 Gli'lix
    15 Mon Nailgrinder
    14 She Who Walks
    10 Graese
    07 S'theliss
    02 Gorthunk Facesmasher
    01 White Dragon

Battle Grid
    Spoiler
    Show

Code:

__|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|
    01|=|=|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|=|=|=|=|
    02| | | | |B|d|d| | | | | | | |
    03| | |O| |G|d|d| | | | | | | |
    04|T| | | |H|*|L|*| | | | | | |
    05| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
    06> | | | |*| | | |*| | | | | <
    07| | | | | | |$| | | | | | | |
    08| | | | |*| | | |*| | | | | |
    09| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
    10| | | | | |*| |*| | | | | | |
    11| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

B= Gli'lix.
    H= She Who Walks
    T= Graese
    L= S'theliss
    G= Mon Nailgrinder
    O= Gorthunk Facesmasher

d= DRAGON!

= is a wall.
    - is the end of the floor and the begining of the chasm.
    * is a runescribed pillar.
    $ is a pile of loot in the center of the pillars.
    Last edited by DiabolicalFurby; 2008-08-14 at 07:26 PM.
    Corpses: Crack open a cold one today!

5. - Top - End - #65

As the Hobgoblin blunders in front of the running S'theliss, the lizardfolk darts to the side and runs through the pillars, swinging both swords above his head and bringing them down in a heavy slash on the dragon.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving to G4 - pain, I imagine.

Using Jaws of the Wolf: (1d20+7)[16] vs. AC.
    And: (1d20+7)[22] vs. AC. (off-hand)

Damage: (2d8+4)[6][6](16)
    Off-hand: (2d8+4)[3][7](14)

Half damage on a miss.

Hunter's Quarry: (1d6)[4]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Mon Nailgrinder, Hobgoblin Warlord

Mon feels his flesh rend in the dragon's claws, pain he has never felt before in his life. Then the utmost cold almost sends him to his feet.
    I will not be defeated!
    As the chill spreads throughout his body, he summons the resilience of his race to shake off the effects. Once he thinks he is out of it's grip, the chill settles in.

Mon then cries, Keep that shruk where he stands! Despite the courage behind his words, his flail makes a sizable strike into the ground.

Fuming at the tusks, Mon shifts out of melee to let someone else take a strike at the beast. Mon's bones still rattle with the cold of the dragon.
    Libras D'lnar avatar by CSK

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Battle fury edged in on She's vision like a red haze. The harpy warrior withdrew her spear. The spearhead had barely scratched the dragon, but the long shank of metal was smeared with dark blood. A feral hunger surged in the harpy's chest. It bleeds. The dragon trumpeted its wrath and then breathed. She gritted her teeth as the cold blast shrieked around her, burning a deep ache into her bones.

She places a clawed hand over her heart and braces herself for the shock of healing. The power cascades over her body, driving the chill from her bones. She bares her teeth in a snarl and shrieks a challenge at the dragon again.

This time she brings her spear to bear on the scaled beast and stabs ferociously at its underbelly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Save: 19
    Minor: Lay on Hands, self (heal 6), current HP 16
    Minor: Divine Challenge
    Standard: Shielding Smite (Shield) 14
    Damage: 21, Shield Mon (Mon at +3 to AC)

The dragon was at -4 to its attacks and STILL hit... oh boy...
    Last edited by ES Sparky; 2008-08-14 at 09:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Graese

Not sensing any pain from the dragon, Graese makes to move but is hit by a blast of cold. Frost layering his scales, he makes a pained effort to avoid the dragons breath. Making it no further, he unleashes an arcane missile at the dragon.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to A6
    Magic Missile:
    - Attack (1d20)[3] (edit: should be +4, but I don't think that will make a difference...)
    -damage (2d4+4)[10]
    end turn
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-08-14 at 09:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, my save

(1d20)[16]
    at least that was a decent roll
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-08-14 at 09:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Gli'lix

Attacking the dragon again Gli'lix tries to over power him and bloody the beast

Minor action
    Predatory Eye
    Effect: If you have combat advantage against a target, you
    deal +1d6 damage on the next attack you make against
    that target. You must apply this bonus before the end of
    your next turn.

Standard action
    Torturous Strike
    Attack: (1d20+9)[18] vs. AC
    Hit: (2d10+8)[15] damage.
    Sneak: (2d6+4)[9]
    Predatory Eye: (1d6)[3]

Action Point
    Sly Flourish
    Attack: (1d20+9)[18] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d10+4)[10] damage.
    Spoiler
    Show

i just realized i should have taken a different at will instead of sly flourish. but it gives me something to look forward to for next level : )
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

11. - Top - End - #71

ok forgot the save
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[16]

also cut my damage in half... : (
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Gorthunk

"Graaah!! You'll pay for that beast!" Gorthunk roars, charging the great wyrm with his bastard sword.

Spoiler
    Show

Saving Throw (1d20)[11]

Healing Strike, Strength vs AC, 2[W], an ally can spend a Healing Surge, target is marked.

Attack Roll (1d20+6)[12]

Damage Roll (2d10+8)[16] (Does 2[W] double strength mod? If not use this roll for damage (2d10+4)[15]

Mon can spend a healing surge if I hit.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

S'theliss slashes at the dragon one more time then flees, running to the right and coming back up behind the Dragon, both swords drawn.

Spoiler
    Show

Using the same encoutner power as last turn - Evasive Strike and moving to H3 and using an action point to use Twin Strike. My Minor Action is still Hunter's Quarry. This should give me 4 hit points, but sadly the bonus won't extent to the saving throw for being pushed off the edge.

Evasive Strike: (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage: (2d8+4)[2][7](13)

Twin Strike: (1d20+7)[12] Off-hand: (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage: (1d8)[4] Off-hand: (1d8)[8]

Hunter's Quarry: (1d6)[1]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Gli'lix shakes off the effect of the cold as if it hardly mattered as he moves forward. The massive Bugbear is a frenzy of action as his rapier strikes to and fro, each strike coating it anew in the blood of the Dragon. The Dragon roars in pain at the efforts of the Bugbear and turns it's attention to him over all others.

Mon takes a moment to recover from the devastating attacks inflicted upon him earlier before sending his flail crashing forward where it once again misses though the force of it's impact with the ground fills the air with stone dust.

She moves forward to once again allow her spear to taste the cold blood of the Dragon but the massive beast twists and the spear head meets only air. Mon finds himself divinely protected as a feeling of bloody calm overcomes him.

Graese conjures a missile of pure force and with his mighty will he sends it flying towards the Dragon. However, the Dragon is indeed a foe worthy of the Troglodyte and sensing its approach it ducks low, using Graese's own allies to shield itself as the missile flies overhead.

S'theliss brings his swords down once again upon the Dragon and once more they are dipped in the thick blood of the beast. He manages to not get hit by the arcing lightning as he takes a step back before rushing eastwards, once more passing through the arcing lightning and once more being struck but S'theliss manages to shrug off the damage as he comes to flank the Dragon and once more he sinks his blades into the Dragon's backside. The Dragon stumbles slightly from the blow and from it's appearance and its behavior you instinctively know that the creature is bloodied.

Immediately it rears back and unleashes a icy blast upon those before it even as it twists its head to gain a better look at the flanking lizardfolk. Gli'lix, Gorthunk, and Graese are overcome by the chilling breath and the three heroes fall to the ground, unconscious and dying. It is up to those who are still aware and still standing to end this threat.

The Dragon then turns to the Lizardfolk and sends claws and teeth crashing into the creature who had dared bloody it. In a flurry of claws and teeth the Lizardfolk too falls, bleeding and dying on the floor of this strange room. Seeing it's own state the Dragon roars in frustration as it turns to She-Who-Walks and it stops, and suddenly the room grows cold as the Dragons presence fills it, making all those who gaze upon it quiver in fear. The Dragon turns and jumps out of the room, spreading its wings to fly away as the party is left to recover.

Damage Taken
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damage Taken (Current HP)
    Gli'lix 29 (-4)
    Gorthunk 36 (-5)
    Graese 37 (-11)
    S'theliss 32 (-2)
    Mon Nailgrinder 11 (17)
    She-Who-Walks 11 (16)

Dragon 106 (94)

(Mon and She are under the effect of the Dragon's Frightful Presence, the Dragon has escaped and each of you who are dying need to make a recovery roll BEFORE Mon or She can act to heal you.)
    Last edited by DiabolicalFurby; 2008-08-15 at 07:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Death saving throws?

(1d20)[16]

16. - Top - End - #76

Default S'theliss, Greenscale Ranger.

S'theliss desperately fights for life, his limp, convulsing body torn to ribbons by the dragon's claws. One bloodstained sword, still clutched tight in his spasming hand, clatters against the stone floor.

Spoiler
    Show

Don't die on me, man!

(1d20)[2]

EDIT: Eek.
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-08-15 at 07:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

death save
    (1d20)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

The might of the dragon fills the room. Fills She-Who-Walk's mind and heart, crowding out her rage. The harpy cowers, her wing stumps quivering, the broken and tattered feathers shaking. The dragon leaps off of the precipice and its presence fades, flowing from the room like smoke on the wind.

She looks with disdain at the inert forms around her and thinks for a moment of leaving them to die as befits the weak. But I cannot leave unless I have the banner. And weak or not... they may help me get it. They can at least die in my stead. Until then... A dire expression twists the sharply beautiful face ...this is my new murder.

The harpy takes a deep breath an moves to the the lizard... thing. She stoops and wordlessly begins to administer a rough chafing of the reptilian's limbs.

Spoiler
    Show

Heal check to stabilize: 6
    Doh! I'll try again as soon as I can. When can I, DF?

Last edited by ES Sparky; 2008-08-15 at 08:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Save vs Death (1d20)[19]
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mon trembles at the power the dragon just exhibited. Almost all of us. In such a short time. After a few seconds pass and the dragon glides away, Mon snaps out of his fright and views the scene.
    Harpy, I'm not so good with administering aid. I'll just lend you a hand. Mon deposits his sword and shield in their grips and helps She find make-do supplies from everyone's gear.
    Spoiler
    Show

In frustration, Mon grabs the Bugbear and punches his torso. Get up, shrakla!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inspiring Word, Gli'lix (1d6+6=10) Inspiration strikes you!... in the chest.
    Last edited by Eldmor; 2008-08-15 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Power Stabalizing is Easier

21. - Top - End - #81

Spoiler
    Show
    Uh, guys, you can just use you healing powers, you don't have to try and stabilise. We just had to make throws because you were stunned.

Since everyone has taken their turn
    save (1d20)[13]
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-08-15 at 09:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    Not so, Jokes. She can only use Lay-on-Hands 3 times a day. And she's used it once already. Eldmor, maybe we should focus on Gorthunk, since he's a cleric and all... if we're allowed to meta-game like that.

23. - Top - End - #83

Spoiler
    Show
    But Mon can use his twice per encounter, (I think he's used it once this encounter) so he could use that on Gorthunk. edit: unless he just used it on Glilix
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-08-15 at 10:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Gli'lix

Standing up, Gli'lix looks towards where the dragon stood.

Grumblin under his breath, What happened there, did we get it? Looking at his blade, he smiles rather largly It seems like we hurt it really well. Where did it limp off to?

Spoiler
    Show

nice inspiring word....mind if i ask how you got it to give 1d6+6?
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-08-16 at 12:13 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

25. - Top - End - #85

Default S'theliss

Still bleeding on the floor, the end draws nearer for S'theliss.

Spoiler
    Show

Second death saving throw: (1d20)[11]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

She glares at One-Who-Shouts as he interferes with her not-so-gentle ministrations to the lizardman. A low, strange warble comes from deep in her throat... definitely a warning.

Keeping a keen eye on those who are still, or have just now, regained their feet, She moves around finishing the rounds, slapping life into chilled limbs and faces... or snouts.

When all are back on their feet, She takes up a watch with her back to a wall near the opening into the cavern. She alternates between suspicious glares at the humanoids and glances into the gloom of the cavern, her ears and eyes straining for a glimpse of the white dragon.

Spoiler
    Show

Now that everyone's stable, Heal checks to trigger Second Wind, took two tries on Gorthunk.
    S'Theliss and Gorthunk: 18, 4, 12
    Graese: 21
    Last edited by ES Sparky; 2008-08-16 at 11:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

We did hurt it bad, but it escaped. For the better it seems. Now help the Harpy get people patched up, she seems to know what she's doing.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88

Gli'lix

Only bring brought back to conciousness himself just recently he goes over to attemp to stabilize one of the others.

(1d20)[2] DC10 stabilizes, DC15 uses 2nd wind if they haven't used already
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone should be on their feet, no more rolls needed. All of the downed PCs stabilized on their own (or in Gli's case, were brought to their feet by Inspiring Word).

She's heal checks have triggered everyone's Second Wind. Everyone should mark off a healing surge and be at their healing surge value in positive HP. And we can move on.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

A distant roar announces that the Dragon is still present in the distance as the party begins to stir in the wake of the battle. Dust is thick in the air, as the massive beast and Mon's own flail have done much to shatter the stone blocks that make up the floor.

The crackling of lightning still echoes about the chamber, drawing your attention once more to the ring of pillars surrounding a small pile of items no doubt left by other Claws, though why one would place them in such a perilous place is a thought that passes through each of your minds.

It would seem that for now you are safe but you do not think the Dragon will wait too long before it makes another move against you. The archway at the other end of the room draws your attention as well and your choice is once again evident.

Either wait for the Dragon to make another attempt on your lives or move forward, deeper into the undercroft.