1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Into the darkness

@Falconer: Nothing noteworthy happens.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

Duin is first surprised, then starts to laugh. He laughs maybe as loud as the man screams. He toss the man to the ground with all his strenght.

"You pathetic piece of crap. You are worth nothing. Run, run for your live."

If the man gets up and tries to run, Duin will quickly leap and bite his neck, killing him. He will not stop there though. He will unleash his fury on the man's body, to calm himself. Then he will think on what to do next.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Kharnak

Kharnak nods. It is a noble wish to avenge your fallen family and friends. I too wish to strike back at those who killed my friends and fellows.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #64

@Silverkiss: You hear people waking, and realize that there are probably guards in his house. Lots of them. (Remember that you're only the equivalent of 3rd level). The man, instead of running, actually pulls up the blanket over his head in fear.

@Asmodeus: "Aye..." The man responds. Says nothing further.

I'll close it down here for the night, as I need to go to bed. Damn you, obsessive mother!
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-07-21 at 10:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

Duin looks down on the man, feeling disgust.

"You really are worth nothing, bastard. Die." - Unsheating his silver-bladed sword, Duin runs it through the man's heart, killing him. Then Duin quickly wipes the blood off the blade, sheating it again, and goes to the nearest window. From there, he will go to the building's roof.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Serkan

Finishing his meal, Serkan leans back on the bench, the wood creaking as he does. If he knew his friend Achak, it would still be a while until he woke up. What should he do in the meantime?

"Hmm....how 'bout the market?" he mutters to himself. He had been to several cities like Stoneforge, and the marketplaces had always been an interesting place to go, full of exotic sights, sounds, and smells. You could see a little bit of the entire world at a good, bit-city market.

Rising up from the bench (it creaked again as he did), he looked for someone who seemed like they could give some suitable directions.

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: Since it seems I can just make him up, Achak is the name of the friend Serkan is staying with. Achak had left the tribe for the big city a few years back. So......now you know.
    Last edited by Falconer; 2008-07-22 at 12:12 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Kharnak

Kharnak merely nods at the mans words and trods silently with him on the horse he so graciously provided.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Hick Jones
    Hick followed the man, his eyes wearily scanning his surroundings, and the man whom he was following. The little sunlight that made it through the various roofs and towers that were obscuring their path glinted off Hick's scythe. You could almost imagine it making a sound as the scythe sliced through the beams of light, but the only real sound this early in the morning was that of Hick's bare feet splashing through several puddles of sludge. He didn't seem to mind, or notice even.

"Where be we headed, sirrah?"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

9. - Top - End - #69

@ Silverkiss: The blade slid into the man's chest as planned, killing him instantly. Your common sense finally overtook your instincts a small bit and informed your brain that in a few moments the room would be flooded with angry men. You could hear footsteps already.

After a quick glance around the room, you see a shuttered window. You run to it, and with one violent movement, smash the thing open with your paw. From there you saw a very long way down, and a bit of a jump across to the next roof. You could risk the jump, or face the guards. Your choice.

@Falconer: You spot a small vendor selling fruit, and make your way over to him. After a few moments of yelling over his constant claims of freshness, you quiet him down enough to ask him where to find a larger marketplace.

The man grimaces.

"I used to sell at the at the marketplace. More money that way, but recently it's become.... dangerous. If you really want to go, it's over that way," He point over to the right. ", just keep walking, you can't miss it."

He then goes back to selling his fruit.

@Asmodeus: Super fast forward! The two of you come to the remains of the caravan. The man grimaces.

"They killed everyone.... looks farmiliar." He says, suddenly thrust away from his usual happy disposition.

@Nigma:

The man doesn't even break stride as he answers you.

"You'll see."

Even though the sun was rising, darkness slowly crept in. The air gained a fog of gloom and sadness. The places you passed were half torn down, barely able to sustain human life. Living down here would be almost unbearable.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Hick Jones
    Though Hick was walking in a much slower pace than the other man, he had no problem keeping up with him due to his long legs.

He chewed the strand of straw in the corner of his mouth thoughtfully.

"Mah name's Hick. What's yours?"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

11. - Top - End - #71

@Nigma:

"Names are irrelevant." The man says quickly.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Hick Jones
    "Mah moms always used tah say it's important tah tell people your name, or else yer not bein' polite"

13. - Top - End - #73

@Nigma

The man looks at you strangely and mutters something about the seriousness of some issue under his breath.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

*sigh*

Hick Jones
    Hick is still following the man.

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
    *sigh*
    Oi, you wanted to play the most boring possible character, you suffer the repercussions. Maybe a little blood and battle will knock him out of his stouper.

The man leads you deep into the slums of the city, and finally stops at the corner of a house. He walks over to a pile of trash, and lifts up a plywood sheet. It seems to be a hidden trap door, as it opens up a hallway. A very small one; you would have to crawl on your belly.

"Get in." He says.

16. - Top - End - #76

Planetar

Serkan

"A marketplace? Dangerous?" Serkan chuckles at the thought at first, but suddenly stops in his tracks. Perhaps there were muggers about the area? Many of the larger cities did have Thieves Guilds. And to the likes of them, a lone foreigner who did not know the area would be a very easy mark. Maybe he should go retrieve his knife. He doubted he would need the thing, but...still. Better safe than sorry. Or dead, for that matter.

Serkan quickly turns around and walks back towards Achak's home at a brisk pace. He'd head to the market after retrieving his knife or at least his walking stick.
    Last edited by Falconer; 2008-07-22 at 05:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Oi, you wanted to play the most boring possible character, you suffer the repercussions. Maybe a little blood and battle will knock him out of his stouper.
    Now that's just plain offensive.
    Boring? How exactly?
    There's just not much to act upon, is there? Ther's some guy that's asking him to follow, and that's it. Hick's a naive fellow, so he hardly distrusts the guy, especially since the man's done nothing wrong, nor has he any reason to as far as Hick knows.

I'm sorry if I'm doing little, but there's just not much to react to when you're in an endless alley with some guy that won't even have a dialogue. Honestly, if anything's boring, it's the adventure so far. I don't say that to be offensive, I'm just working from your conclusion that this storyline so far has been boring.

Besides, a good GM doesn't make the players "suffer the reprecussions" for picking a character he thinks is boring for some non existant reason. A good GM is supposed to make the game fun for everybody.

Hick Jones
    Hick raised an eyebrow and then wiped his nose on his sleeve, only to realise he wasn't wearing a shirt. As he searched for something else to wipe his arm on, he adressed the somewhat non-descript man he had been following.

"That thar looks mighty filthy, sirrah. Why would I even want tah climb in thar? An' you's to impolite to even gimme yer name. I'm not sure I like where dis here is goin', sirrah"

Hick finally decided to wipe his arm on the man and then took hold of his scythe with both hands. The simple farmboy looked pretty impressive, looming over the man with that scythe, and that was off course the idea. Hick had learnt that making a bit of an impression on people was one of the best ways to get them talking.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-07-22 at 06:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

@Falconer:

You make your way to your house and back without incident.

I assume you go to the marketplace.

You come onto a large open plaza. Hundreds of people sells everything from camels to gems to food to weapons. Almost everything imaginable is somewhere within your sight.

@Nigma:

The man sighs heavily and think for a moment.

"Unfortunate that you had to make this difficult. Nevertheless, this should be easy." He says. In a flash, he draws a small, silver dagger from his side, and tries to grab you with the open hand (his left one, for the record.)

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Hick Jones
    Hick quickly takes a step back, which puts him back to back with a heap of boxes, and quickly brings down his scythe, slashing at the stranger's wrist (the left one, for the record). Hick's thrust had proven capable of removing a limb before, but it had almost never been on purpose. Still, there were definitely some one-armed (or one-legged) men out there that would run like hell (or try, at least) when they saw him.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-07-22 at 06:13 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

"Okey, this won't be easy."

After taking a deep breath, Duin sees if he can climb his way to the roof, but climbing a perfect surface like the house's walls wasn't easy, even for a werewolf. Strangely, Duin was calm. Now that he was found out, he was not nervous anymore. Quickly thinking about his chances of making it to the other roof, Duin takes distance to the window.

"I'll need a more suited body for this jumb, uhn."

Duin's muscles start to change as his body becomes smaller. After he fully shapeshifts to a wolf, he runs as fast as he can to the window, and jumps to the other roof.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Kharnak

Kharnak nodded. Yesss I woke up with a wicked bump, I can see why they believed me dead. The bump on my head explained my losss of memory, sso I do not recall who they were or why they attacked.

22. - Top - End - #82

@Nigma The man barely jumps out of the way of the blade, and it cuts a small gash in his stomach. He retreats to a safe distance and circles around, waiting for an opening.

@Silverkiss You launch yourself across the gap, and the world slowly to a crawl. You brain had been working far ahead of your body, and had calculated that you wouldn't make it.

Panic mode. In desperation, you began to change back into a more humanoid form. Time ticked by at an almost unbearable rate. You knew that you were probably dead at that point.

Your half-transformed body slammed into the lip of the roof hanging out. Normally, you would have felt the intense pain from the high speed crash, but your body and mind were both far too preoccupied. Your paws/hands scratch desperately at the roof, but it was useless; you found no handhold.

Just as you were about to fall, you catch onto a small hole in the wood. You hang there for a moment, trying to figure out what to do. Your hands slowly slip off of the wood. You had to act fast.

The only option you see is a small balcony, about 20ft down, and a few feet to your left.

You let go, and go into freefall.

A moment later, you hit the stone surface of the balcony. Your legs buckle, and the back of your head slams violently against the railing. The world blurs for a moment, but then comes back in focus. You get up, slowly, and assess your damages. You're bruised and beat up, but nothings broken. In front of you lies a wooden door to another house. You hear the yells of guard overhead.

"Where is he?!!?" They yelled, and you see one peak his head through the window. You flatten yourself against the balcony, the darkness obscuring your figure. He looks around, but doesn't see you.

You know that you need to act fast; the guards would spread the word quickly. You hear footsteps faintly through the door.

@Asmodeus The man nods and replies.

"Aye. Did you see any tracks?"
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-07-22 at 06:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Kharnak

Kharnak shakes his head, sighing. I looked all over, but I couldn't find any. They mussst have been very ssskilled, The guardsss and I are ssskillful warriorsss, and we would not have fallen eassily

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

The smaller bruises and scratches start to heal, albeit at slow pace. "Thank the gods I'm a werewolf, or I'd be dead now." Looking to the window above and to the floor below, and then to the wooden door behind him, Duin tries to see any way out. If he could get to the ground, maybe he could escape... Or he could try to hide in a house nearby... Like the one just behind him...

Without time to think, the steps making him more and more nervous, Duin suddently reverts back to his fully human shape, his energies leaving his body. He can't safely keep his transformation anymore. As soon as he changes, he feels his wounds; they were a great burden to his weak human body. Almost fainting, Duin can't do anything but wait. "I doubt however lives here would pity a stranger on such a odd place... Damn, seems this will be my end, after all... At least that bastard paid for his crimes..." Too tired to run now, Duin drops to the ground, waiting for his fate.

25. - Top - End - #85

Planetar

Serkan

Serkan wandered through the labyrinth of stalls and buildings at a liesurely pace, taking in the sights and smells.

He passed a stall managed by a lizard-man from the south desert, selling the exotic-looking weapons and armor decorated with jewels and precious metals. He noticed an unsavory-looking fellow peddling a number of strange salves and potions. There were a group of scholarly, berobed men who shot him dark looks and muttered things about "death worshippers".

Unperterbed, Serkan continues looking around, browsing through market stalls, looking for anything interesting.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I slash at the hand he extends, he steps back and I hit his stomach? Wow, weird move

Hick Jones
    Hick kept the man at bay with his scythe.

"Look now, I don't want to hurt you. Why're you attackin' me anyway? I ain't got no money. Dis must be one o' them cases o' mistaken identity"

27. - Top - End - #87

*Whew* Here we go. Big post coming up.

@Asmodeus: The man nods, his eyes elsewhere. He seems to be thinking about something else. After a moment, he snaps back into the conversation.

"Now that your caravan is destroyed, will you continue with the business?" He asks.

@Silverkiss: You lie there for what feels like hours before you slip into sleep.

You wake up with the morning light shining in the sky.

It seems to be around 10:00 AM (It's mid-spring, by the way.), and you feel much better. Your body is still extremely sore, but you know that you can move. It was out of pure luck that you were not found.

You take a look around. It's a 25ft drop to the road, so no jumping. You consider climbing for a moment, then decide against it. There's nothing rough enough to climb up or down on. You had no choice but to go into the house.

@ Falconer You pass many interesting vendors and people, selling everything imaginable. About 20 minutes in, something particularly interesting catches you eye.

The irony of this was the fact that it was so bloody uninteresting. All the other vendors were yelling out trying to get attention, and showing the shiniest goods in their stock, but this one was a small stall with a single man. There were no goods on his desk, no markings on his stall, and he wasn't doing anything. Just sitting there. Bad business. Either that, or something interesting.

@Nigma The man glares at you before answering.

"You have seen The Turn. I cannot allow that to be known." He said, and he slipped into the shadows, out of view. You hear footsteps leading away, and know that you would never be able to trail him in the maze that you were in. Hell, you didn't even know where you were.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

"Damn, if only my legs where a little stronger, I could easily do this jump."

Duin still has a difficult situation to handle, but his heart is much lighter now that he has rested. He looks to the window from where he jumped, and to the building in general, trying to discern if there are still guards around. Without choice, he turns to the door.

"It's almost freaking midday. Stealth won't do much good now, will it ?"

Without hesitation, Duin goes forward and opens the door.
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-07-23 at 12:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

@Silverkiss: You're met with a room, seemingly an empty bedroom. A servant is folding the sheets on the bed as you walk in. There is one exit. It's behind her.

She turns and sees you, and stands there with a confused look on her face. You're close enough to strike, if you want to.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

Putting a nice smile on his face, Duin casually starts a conversation.

"Hey. Don't panick, please. I'm a hunter, I was tracking a very dangerous criminal last night. I was injuried and fell on that balcony back there." - Duin points to the door from where he just came - "I don't know how no one found me, but that doesn't matter anymore, does it ? I just need to get to the street. You know, I'm strong and all, but jumping down wouldn't be pretty."