New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Age of worms

1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Age of worms

Malg lights up a smoke while replying to the halflings inquerry. "It's a tomb of some sorts. I told you last night this place is full of them. If a girl really did disappear here that would imply that it hasn't been fully looted yet." Malg takes a mace out of his bag. "Now the only question is do we go in shouting this little girls name informing Vecna knows what that we are descricateing their home or do we sneak in and run the risk of missing the little girl in need of help?"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Ian

Malg, what are these? says Aust-Eton, pointing to various thin, hollow tubes hidden in the pattern-work of the walls.

Hector-Roff, upon being pointed out the tubes by his master, jumps to the conclusion that they are part of a trap and says, Th’ir, plea’th lie down on the floor, th’lowely. He then gets down on all fours, below the level of the waist-high patterns, and starts crawling toward his master, carefully looking for signs of a trigger.

Hearing the insistency in Hector-Roff’s voice, Aust-Eton copies his movements.
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2008-08-11 at 03:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

"Sneaking is fun... we can sneak up on the girl and bag her and be on our merry way..."

Looking over at what Eton is pointing at, James says, "Don't anybody move... stop crawling around like a dog, dogman. Those tubes look a heck of a lot like an arrow trap... let me see if I can find the trigger or control panel."

James begins searching for the trigger or a control panel ((Search +6))...
    Spoiler
    Show

Characters:
    Nox
    Kap'chka

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

While most of the party is crawling around on the floor, Tardus closely examines the symbols.

"Hmm, if these are in a tomb, perhaps these shapes are of some religious significance..."

Knowledge Religion (1d20+6)[26]

"Bye the way, have you been down this way before, Malg?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Malg takes a closer look at the symbols.

"I think these Glyphs are peoples names" Malg says as he crouches down. It looks like it's written in Vatti. It's a bastardized form of Auran. As for the tubes, I really wouldn't worry about traps untill we find something valueible to steal as it looks that this place was very well looted. And no I haven't been here before."

Malg takes a seat upo n the dusty ground and carefuul aligns his head between two of the small openings in the glyphs as he watches the halfling scanning the area for traps.
    Last edited by Aquateenflayer; 2008-08-05 at 01:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Ian

Wait, did you say those are names? Aust-Eton pulls out a crossbow bolt and reaches up and towards the nearest holes with it, ignoring the pleas of Hector-Roff. I think I remember from one of my Ancient Heathen Culture classes at the academy that some civilizations buried their dead in the walls of caves or mausoleums. Perhaps … Aust-Eton prods into the hole, trying to pull out anything he can find, hoping it won't be something disgusting like a skull.

Hector-Roff stops dead, panicked over what to do. If he rushes to pull his master away from the hole, he might set off the trap, but if he doesn’t, the boy could set of the trap himself. Hector-Roff’s mind flashes back to the days of his youth, when he and the other pups would explore the ancient ruins that his tribe sometimes camped by. Of course they stopped eventually, but only after … After that day was when Hector-Roff’s grandfather started telling him the stories of the knights, probably to bring him out of his melancholy.
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2008-08-11 at 03:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"If I knew what the names were or how to read them I would told you already! Malg Stands up as he starts shouting at the healer. WHAT IN THE HELLS DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME?! I CAME ALONG ON YOUR STUPID LITTLE ADVENTURE! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME DO DANCE FOR YOU TOO?!!" Malg's voice can be heard eccoing down the long lightless passage ahead as he begins shuffleing his feat along the dusty ground. "THERE! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!!! Malg collapses to the floor and starts sobbing into his robes.

8. - Top - End - #68

"There, there, my unstable friend. He meant no harm."

Tardus tries to quiet Malg while intently listening down the hall to hear if his noise has upset anything.

Listen (1d20+3)[17]

Not hearing anything over Malg's sobs, Tardus decides the best course of action is to continue.

"Enough dawdling everyone, we must continue to find the girl, I'm sure there will be more markings to ponder as we enter deeper into the tombs. Anyone have a torch?"
    Last edited by Galteland; 2008-08-09 at 08:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Ian

Aust-Eton continues prodding the hole, unperturbed by the decidedly-disturbed wizard. He’s seen worse: his fellow students during Finals at the academy often broke down into this sort of blubbering. What really worries him is the sounds his half-elven ears picked up down the hall, of a group of some unknown creatures approaching them. Hector-Roff, do you hear that? Aust-Eton continues to dig at the hole, more out of curiosity than anything, to see if his hunch about them was correct.

Yeth math’ter, I do.

Look into it, will you?

Yeth math’ter, I will inveth'tigate. Hector-Roff shakily stands up, grateful to have orders at last. If the wall was indeed a trap, it would have gone off by now, so his master should be safe here. As safe as one can be near a crazy wizard. And that crying! It’s starting to disturb Hector-Roff, and he is more than glad to get away from it. He draws his sword and peers down the hall as far as his darkness-piercing eyes can see, while walking slowly down the hall. He sniffs the air, trying to catch a whiff of whatever is approaching. Not that he will be able to smell anything yet. Those approaching their position must still be quite far away, for his darkvision did not notice them. Although, that could be because he was distracted by the dangerous actions of his master. But no matter, he knows that they approach; his canine ears heard it unmistakably. And in a dark and secluded tomb like this, any “others” met are probably enemies.
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2008-08-11 at 03:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Aust's attempts of probeing the hole prove fruitless. Hector-Roffs attempts to peirce the darkness with his canine eyes prove to be more useful. Three pairs of eyes stare back at the knight form thirty feet down the hall. The three wolves begin chargeing at the party. Two of them look as if they havent eaten in weeks: Large clumps of fur missing from their hide. Leading the small pack is a black wolf with a scar across the left side of his snarling face.

Roll for initiative

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

James looks around. "I've cleared the area of any mechanical horrors."

Initiative - (1d20+4)[19]
    Last edited by Raynor; 2008-08-10 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Make it look right - formatting got messed up
    Spoiler
    Show

Characters:
    Nox
    Kap'chka

12. - Top - End - #72

Tardus quickly squints his eyes and pears into the darkness where he sees Hector-Roff looking.

"Malg, get a hold of yourself, it sounds like there may be trouble."

Tardus gives Malg one last shake and stands up.
    Last edited by Galteland; 2008-08-11 at 01:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Ian

Math’ter and allieth, pleath prepare for an attack by hungry wolveth Hector-Roff takes a defensive stance (+1 AC, -1 attack) and prepares to take the brunt of the attack.

Initiative: 17 + 0 = 17

Aust-Eton quickly loads the crossbow bolt he was using into his crossbow and takes aim into the darkness, watching carefully with his half-elven eyes for the wolves.

Initiative: 7 + 2 = 9
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2008-08-22 at 11:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Tardus, seeing that battle is eminent, pulls out a small dagger, and steps backwards, reading himself to disappear from sight.

initiative - (1d20)[1]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

James
    Hector-roff
    Malg
    Wolves
    Aust
    Tardus

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

James perks his ear, drawing his rapier and attempting to slip into the shadows in one of the alcoves.
    Listen - (1d20+8)[13]
    Hide - (1d20+12)[28]
    Spoiler
    Show

Characters:
    Nox
    Kap'chka

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Hector

Hector-Roff shifts his position so as to place himself between the wolves and his master, and then readies himself to attack the first wolf to come into range of his longsword.

Readied Attack - 1d20+1 = 20
    Damage - 1d8+2 = 5
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2008-08-22 at 11:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Malg stands up wipeing the moisture from his eyes. Eyes still blurry from tears gaze inot the darkness to no avail untill Malg activates a demonic power that he sold his soul for. His brown eyes suddenly dim to midnight black, then shift to a glowing crimson as parts of his face slightly elongate and grow tiny infernal scales.

Meanwhile the wolves finally reaching Hector-Rolf and move in to surround him as they are beset by the readied adventurers.

19. - Top - End - #79

Taruds steps back into the darkness, disapearing from sight.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

James slides through the shadows toward the nearest dog, drawing his blade has his feet move silently across the floor. He tries to suprise the dog, currently distracted by the abomination known as Hector-Roff, and slashes at his throat.

Move_Silently - (1d20+10)[25]
    Attack - (1d20)[17]
    Damage - (1d4-1)[3] + Sneak_Attack - (1d6)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Characters:
    Nox
    Kap'chka

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aust (back before Tardus), then Hector

No longer able to get a shot off because the wolves are too close to Hector-Roff, Aust-Eton instead prepares a healing spell and readies himself to move in and cast it on Hector-Roff if he becomes seriously injured. Remembering an old spell from acadamy, Aust-Eton says, Try not to kill them, I can cast a spell to talk with them after we prove our dominance in a fight, so we can learn more about this cave

Why must his master always try to solve things diplomatically? Hector-Roff barks a challenge at the larger wolf in front of him and attacks it.

Attack - 1d20+2 = 15
    Damage - 1d8+3 = 11
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2008-08-23 at 03:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

The scarred wolf takes Hector-Roff's longsword straight in the face a gout of blood spraying onto the knights armor. The black wolf it snaps back at him missing horribly. The other two wolves move in to flank and each try to take a bite of the wolf man. The one on the left breaks some of its teeth on the scale armor. The other wolf sucessfuly takes a bite out of Hector dealing 4 dammage.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aust

Aust-Eton holds steady, healing spell still held whithin his hand. That hit looked like it hurt Hector-Roff, but his bodyguard can take much more than that. Still, he is prepared to heal him if Hector-Roff becomes seriously injured.
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2008-08-23 at 03:38 PM.