New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Another God Game [IC]

Lothemar'theron

Lothemar'theron had just finished his haven from the chaotic world around him, The Order Bastion, a place with all he needed, a mess hall, an Observatory where he could scan all the world and watch over his minions (and minions from others), among others things. His bastion was located in a void of time space, so it would always exists, in the present, in the past and in the future, a perpetual place, where only the worthiest who proved their valor defending ordership would be allowed to enter.
    In his sanctum, Lothemar went to his Observatory. There, he laid his hand over the deep green orb, situated in a altar. And began to pronounce words of conjuration that could never be pronounced by any mortal race. And finally before finishing his lonely speech he demanded with his thunderous voice.
    Vision shall be granted me!!
    The walls around the god dismaterialized themselves, the orb faded away from his hands. And he found himself facing others happenings. Lothemar witnessed elemental dragon, dark alliances, two entities who claimed to be gods of Death, which made him a little confuse, the idea of two gods for one purpose. One of the Lothemar's most impressive discovery was the fabrication of a weapon that, for him, its objective was unknown. Even being a harbinger of Order and organization, Lothemar was one who prefered to observe around the others before taking further actions.
    Lothemar stood right in the front of the figure wielding that mysterious scythe. The wielder, of course could not know that Lothemar was watching him so near - this was what he hoped -, and after this figure vanished, Lothemar focused on the one who aparently was named Arx, and afterwards, heard his conversation with an old man.
    Last edited by wrath hammer; 2008-07-25 at 11:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Urzarkar (at the Hearthold)

After planting the traps in the All-lair, Ursarkar went to see what The Raven King was up to. seeing him dissapear in the Hearthold with a weapon, and leaving with a empowered version of it, Urzarkar felt envious. He was the god of assassins. he should wield the most feared and deadly weapon. And so the cloaked figure retreats to the shadows. With his left hand he conjured the blood of his victims, which represented his purpose. With his right he manipulated the shadows (the representation of his power) into a fusing with the blood, creating a black steel serpentine dagger. Fusing it with a part of his divine spark* , the blade becomes slighly translucent extremely sharp - but nowhere neer the power of The Raven Kings scythe.

(*: this weakens him for a couple of minutes, making gods of shadow/knowlegde aware of his prescence (though not his location))

Now, from the shadows around the Hearthold a cloak appears, and invisible hands knock at its gate.

Presuming that Arx opens, the invisible man under the cloak starts

"Good day to you. Channeler Of Magic. I come here with the same purpose as The Raven King, though my intent is probably more pure then his.

I have noticed that you gave the guardian of souls a weapon of extreme destruction, and I wish for you, now, to restore balance. Though The Raven King is lord of the dead, he does not kill: he only rules those who have already been slain. I on the other hand am patron of assassins. I see no sane reason why he - or almost any other god for that matter - should be allowed to wield a weapon far more deadly then mine.
    " as he presents his divine serpent blade, he adds "Hence I beg of you to restore balance fuse the blade with your arcane powers, making it worthy of its task. The blade is already linked with me - with my soul, purpose and power. And yet, without your aid, I can not get it as deadly as the weapon of the guardian of souls."
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Karos starts. "Who-" He was suddenly aware of a new power in this world, a new player. But...how strange. He could not find him; this being hid in the very shadows he saw from. Hmm.

He sent a message to the Allwyrm, and to Talarius. "I think we have our culprit. A God of shadows and stealth has been made known to me, though I can't discern his location. Since I can't find him, that means he has great powers of non-detection. I think this is the being that sabotaged you both."

Having told his allies this, he returned to his work. His people were almost finished.
    Necromancer avvie by Thecrimsonmage.

You don't kill the purple necromancer. The purple necromancer kills you, and uses your corpse as a draught excluder.

According to Player_Zero, I'm made entirely out of bees. Go figure.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

The Allwyrm thought. A god of subtely? Of course, the Raven Lord wouldn't actually attack the All-Lair personally... But the Raven Lord was still an enemy, having, as the Air Dragon reported, created a powerful doomsday weapon. However, the top priority now was to find this divine assassin. What should be done? The dragons were already dispatched to search for the enemy. About the Hatchlings, well, they were dead. He smiled. Dead. Dead? Elements. Elements? Yes, of course...

- - -

Back in the Temple of the Conclave, the bodies of the dead Hatchlings twitched, and rose. The powers of the elements, all four elements, were inside them. Not quite living, not quite elemental, not quite dead, the Hatchlings once again rose, to serve their divine master with even more fervor than before.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Colossus in the Playground

The Raven Lord

For what was probably the first time in Creation, the Raven Lord hesitated, as he stood there, on the sleeping body of the fire Dragon, scythe raised.
    "No.", he then spoke.
    "Killing you would weaken your master, and grant more power to this blade. But you are a divine creation, and would reform, as strong as ever.
    Therefore, I shall give you a different gift. Not death, but change."

Then, he struck down with his scythe, and it seemed to pass through the sleeping dragon harmlessly, except for what appeared to be a thin trail of shadows following the blade as it exited the dragons body.
    "Hear my words, even in your dream, first destroyer:
    Death is but a greater form of sleep. And as my gift, and my curse to you, your sleep will be peaceful, and last for a hundred more days.
    And when you awake, and for ever after, this peace shall remain in your soul. You will be free of the rage that drove you to destruction, free of the urge to consume and spread that was inherent in your essence.
    And since this essence, the root of your being, is the primal incarnation of elemental fire, all elemental fires of this world will burn with but a shadow of what was once their intensity, for they shall all resonate, if only slightly, with the peace I gave you.
    I have not taken your life, but your wrath, and so it shall be, until the end of ages, for this is the Will of the Raven Lord, made reality with the power of Autumn, invested in Umbra by Notion."

And then he vanished again, returning to his fortess.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-07-25 at 05:17 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Within his own dreamscape, the Fire Dragon raged. Poisoned, imprisoned within his own mind, the Fire Dragon was wrathful. But then, a strange calm came settled. He no longer felt the urge to destroy. He felt at peace. But then, he felt a sharp, stinging pain.

You are my creation! You shall not know peace! Your torment shall be great, and you will be my faithful servant once again!

Two powers were now playing with his mind, two conflicting powers with two different agendas. They were playing tug of war with his essence, it was tearing apart. He felt the torment and the peace at the same time.

7. - Top - End - #157

The Raven Lord

Standing once again in his place on the edge of the Spiritwell, the Raven Lord said:
    "This was the first of four. Next will be the Deceiver, who puts words of falseness into the ears of gods. Spiritwell, show me the Deceiver, the lying wind."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

The Air Dragon wasn't very happy. Having been literally thrown out of the Hearthold, he had returned to the the Temple of the Scorched Grove to oversee the situation. The Water Dragon had gone to the Temple of the Ocean, to ready it's equipment, and the Earth Dragon guarded the Temple of the Conclave. He would find a new way to deceive his enemies, that was for sure.

((I'll be gone for a bit now, but not too long, I hope))

9. - Top - End - #159

The Raven Lord

Looking up from the Spiritwell, the Raven Lord sent his Raven with a simple message to Notion and Arx:
    "If you could spare the time, I would like to invite you to my realm, for we must plan our next steps, if we are to stop this threat. I also ask you to invite any other gods you know and think we can trust."
    Then he looked upon his realm, the enormous cave already filled with large numbers of sleeping sentients. Deciding that he would need a space better suited to welcoming guests, he began the creation of what he would call the Council Chamber: a round table of polished black marble surrounded by three simple chairs, in a large room of grey, black and white stone and an open door on each side. On the table and glowing in blue Spiritfire, he etched a map of the world in it's current state, with the realms of all gods known to him shown.

10. - Top - End - #160

Karos sensed the Raven Lord's presence in the world, by the crater of the Fire Dragon. Then he was gone. Strange.

He was tired of being unable to directly influence events. It was time to fashion an avatar.

You don't kill the purple necromancer. The purple necromancer kills you, and uses your corpse as a draught excluder.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

((Looks like I was gone long. Well, It's not like any of you have posted in about five hours...))

The freshly animated Hatchlings were already full at work in their temples (the Dragons had taken an equal share of them to each temple), with the finalization of the Holy Scipture of the Allwyrm. The Allwyrm, with Agrob'l and Nifl on his sides, looked proudly down upon his work.

Behold, my warlord, these are my servants, these are your servants. The war will soon be here, and you will be my champions. And you will have champions of your own.

He gestured towards a Demon-Forge not far from his position. One gate of the forge opened. Out of the gate spewed black, poisonous smoke in great quantities, followed by another being, similar to the demonic generals, but smaller (but still pretty huge), and seemingly made out of smoke. The other gate opened, and a flood of mud erupted from within, followed by a being similar to the first, made seemingly out of mud.

These are Amodex, the Master of Smoke, and B'Tag'pha, the Master of Mud. They will be your champions.

The Allwyrm then returned to his center of command, the awe-inspiring Wyrmeye, several small temple-isles of magma and ice floating in the sky above the center of the plane. He now considered direct confrontation with the Raven Lord imminent, now that he had created even more demons. He also wondered when and where the god of assassins would strike again. He was troubled, all of him.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Arx

Arx looked at the Assassin-god curiously I gave him his weapon because I did not think he would put it to ill use. you, on the other hand, are the patron of those who murder for pleasure, or for paltry coin... I do not think that you would use any gift I gave you in a manner so responsibly as the Raven Lord's. Mass slaughter is not an ideal which I hold in high regard.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

While the Allwyrm was in the Wyrmeye, Agrob'l entered the rebuilt forge. The forge was weaker than the first (that is why the second pair of demons were weaker), but still very potent. Outside the forge the other demonlords waited. After a certain period of time, the Master of Magma returned to his brethren, carrying what appeared to be four great weapons.

Here they are, brothers!, the magma demon said.

Are they really done? Did you finish the work fully?, Nifl inquired.

Of course they are! As I told you before, I do not fail!

Will these help us reach our goal?, Amodex asked.

Well, they won't be a disadvantage!, Agrob'l said, half annoyed, half laughing. He took one of the weapons, a vicious three-bladed axe, and gave it to Nifl.

For the Icelord, the Death's Blizzard!

He took another weapon, a thin- and long-bladed sword, and gave it to Amodex.

For the Smokelord, the Fatal Vapor!

He then took yet another weapon, a cruel great morningstar, and gave it to B'Tag'pha.

For the Mudlord, the Approaching Landslide!

When he was done, he himself took the remaining weapon, a barbed whip, and held it high.

And finally, for the Magmalord, the Godscourge!

The bellowing cackling of the four demons resonated all across the plane.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-25 at 01:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

the patron of assassins looks up and says
    "You think those who pray to me kill for pleasure? Or for wealth? Those who pray to me are on the brink of desperation. They see on other way out then to rob an other creature of its life. For them, I am the only hope to save them from failure. I am in no way to be associated with headen mortals creating carnage all over the place, for they do not pray to me for success. They pray for more chaos, for conquest, and those are things I am not interested in. In fact, I am on the side of the desperate daggerwielding farmer, launching himself at the warlord who's trying to take his land.
    I ask you, not to act, just like magic-hater and whitch-burners, saying 'you are not allowed power, for you will surely use the power for evil'. Identifying me with mass slaughter is like identifing a magic missle with mass mind rape
    "

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

15. - Top - End - #165

His avatar was ready, and soon his people would be too. But still war could be avoided. The fewer enemies he had, the better. First, the god about whom this all revolved.

Outside the Spiritwell, the shadows gathered and formed into a shape - an androgynous humanoid figue of liquid darkness. Though it had no facial features, it nevertheless spoke, calling out to the Well's occupant.

"Raven Lord! I would speak with you!"
    Last edited by Arioch; 2008-07-25 at 02:31 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

The All-Wyrm looked proudly down onto his demons, who had gathered just outside his palace. But then he reacted to something.

You! Demons! Where did you get those weapons? Answer me!

Agrob'l laughed.

These are my creations, Wyrm!

How dare you speak to me like that, Agrob'l?!

Because it is time for the servants to become the master! Brethren, strike!

And the demonlords four soared up towards their former master, and attacked him. The Allwyrm, believing firmly in his superiority, had let his guard down. He was harmed severely, for he had invested great powers into his demonic subjects. The demons continued their relentless assault, and shortly, the Allwyrm was near defeat. He tried to escape by porting, but he could not get through the demonic wards in his current state. He then tried to fly away, but the demons struck him again, and he fell to the ground, defeated at last. Agrob'l landed on the back of the losing gargantua.

Mark this day, creatures of the elements! This is the day of change! This is the day of the demons!

What shall we do now that we have completed this first step?, Nifl asked.

We will keep this coup a secret for now, Amodex stated. And when the time has come, we will unleash our force, in the name of the Allwyrm!

The demons laughed.

But now, B'Tag'pha said. Now we must begin by imprisoning the Wyrm. We will imprison him in his own citadel!

And so, the demons did imprison the Allwyrm, and turned the Wyrmeye's eldritch barrier against it's creator by corrupting it with dark magic.

Remember, brothers!, Agrob'l exclaimed when their work was done. This will be kept secret, but when the time has come, unleash chaos.

17. - Top - End - #167

The Raven Lord

The Raven Lord turned around and nodded at the visitor.
    "So be it then, speak. But first, step closer and reveal thyself, for I do not like to talk to those who do not show their identity."

18. - Top - End - #168

The figure steps forward, but this doesn't make it look any clearer - still a humanoid blot of darkness. "I don't know if you know my name, but I know yours. We seem to be heading into war, you and I. I am Karos, god of darkness and shadows. And you are the Raven Lord, god of death."

"I ask you a simple question: Why do you oppose me so? I do not seek in you an enemy. You can no more destroy me than I destroy you: you are death, and I am darkness. Our conflicts would be no more than futile power struggles."

The figure pauses, and steps back. "That blade at your side. It is not yours alone. It contains the power of several divine beings."
    Last edited by Arioch; 2008-07-25 at 03:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

The Raven Lord

"How have I opposed you, then, Karos?"
    The Raven Lord steps a little closer.
    "I oppose the one who is corrupting my essence, my creations, my wraiths. Is it you who is doing this, then, if you say I oppose you?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

The Earth Dragon woke up suddenly. Something was wrong. Terribly wrong. But what? He tried to contact the All-Lair, and was met by a voice.

Greetings, o Lord of Earth. What is your request tonight?

Something was wrong.

You are not the Allwyrm! You are... Who are you?

I am your doom, Amodex calmly stated, before elemental chains shot out of nowhere and bound the dragon to the temple floor. A portal opened, and the Smokemaster stepped out.

Look what we've got here! An insolent pet! I know I'm not supposed to enter this plane yet, but I just cannot let you ruin the entire operation. From now on, I am taking over this temple. Now, the Conclave. Later, that "Tower of Law" over there. Alliances are easily broken, eh, lizard?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Arx

Arx stared hard at the assassin-god for a moment, at last, he gave him a curious look. Were I to grant you this boon... what price would you offer me for my aid?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Uzarkar, @Arx

"What would you like me to offer? As I'm placing the power of my blade in your hands, I see not what more I can offer."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I was going to make my new post right now, but I recently came to know that I will be on a trip for one week, so, rather get involved with anyone I prefered to continue when I'm back, otherwise, I could prejudice the RPing of that person, I'll be back on August 4th
    Have a nice game everybody!!
    Last edited by wrath hammer; 2008-07-26 at 12:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Urzarkar

the cloak is silent for a few minutes and then say

I have noticed that you have put forth many races in this world. Now, I can not promice that non of them won't be assassinated, as that would be a smack in the face of for any desperate creature tryong to save his propperty from a -lets ay- a evil dragon. I can however, give them the gift that no mear mortal can sneak up on them.

25. - Top - End - #175

"No, I have not touched your wraiths. That was the Allwyrm. He asked me to collect your ravens but I have, as yet, declined. However, we have been fighting over the souls of mortals, and you are preparing for war with my allies. I ask you: why? Why can we not share mortals, and why do you make war when war is not needed?"

26. - Top - End - #176

The Raven King

"You speak of "sharing" mortals as if it was our call to decide what happens to the souls of the departed. It is neither mine, nor yours. I only take those who wish to enter my realm.
    And what is this war you speak of? Of all the gods I have so far encountered, I'm the only one who has never created an army."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-07-26 at 10:00 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

"Ah. Then I apologise. I seem to have misguaged the situation. Let us continue with our non-antagonism, then. I have no wish for conflict with any deity."

The shadowy figure drifts apart, and the shadows begin to fade. A voice remains, though. "And you are wrong on one count, Raven Lord. I have no army either. Apart from this avatar, no creation of mine has ever left my realm."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Arx

Arx tapped his fingers to his chin, deep in thought. Finally, he nodded. Very well he said in a thoughtful voice I will enhance your weapon. I cannot garuntee that it will be stronger than the Raven Lord's blade - the key ingredient in both cases in the investiture of your divine essences in the basic creation of the item, so the strengths will depend on your relative potencies - but it should at least put you on equal footing... As for the price... I accept. Henceforth, the Arxari shall, with your blessing, be gifted with the keenest sight, smell, and sound, to complement their already impressive magical senses, that they might be rendered immune from attack by surprise.

So saying, he went to work - the enchantments he wrought on the Assassin's blade followed the same formula as those on the Raven Lord's, though subtly altered - they were attuned more for speed and sudden strikes than the inexorable killing power of the Raven's scythe. And also Arx wove in the same enchantment of protection - with but an act of will, he could negate the weapon's properties and prevent it from harming those he did not wish.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Urzarkar

"You have my thanks, god of magic". the cloak reaches for the shadow and the blade dissapears into the left sleave. Urzakar felt the magic serge through the blade, as the blade carried part of his soul.

"As my grade a final present, I give you this". The cloak waves his left sleave and a match appears. with a invisible gesture the match sparks up and lights the Hearthold. With a wave of the cloaks left hand, the cloak's shadow solifies into a human form. pure black, not even a pair of eyes.

"This is Bratton. He is my shadow on the hearthold. He has no will of his own so you can command him to do whatever you wish for, as the loyal servant he is. With the exception that he can't leave this place.

You can use him to communicate with me if you wish. I hope he is of good use for you.
    and of course for me, as spy"
    with these words the cloak falls to the ground. as any normal cloak does when it is not supported ...

and Bratton stands there, watching the god of magic ...
    Last edited by qube; 2008-07-26 at 01:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

In the All-Lair, a heated conversation was taking place between the demonlords.

Amodex, you have broken our plan., Nifl strictly spoke.

I know, brothers, but it was the only thing to do!, the Smokelord replied.

We are demons!, Agrob'l correctly stated. We have all the options we wish for!

But think about it this way, brothers, Amodex said. Why should we wait? We have all the resources we need!

He has a point, you know, B'Tag'pha interjected. Why should we wait?

You are so right, brother!, Agrob'l agitatedly exclaimed. Let us begin, first with corruption...

And then with destruction!, Amodex answered. I will proceed with our plans on the mortal plane, and summon you when the time is ripe. Nothing can possibly go wrong.