New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Another God Game [IC]

Arx

Arx smiled wryly - if the assassin-god thought that Arx would simply give his shadow free run of the place, he was to be sorely disappointed. With a single gesture, he put the shadow into a state of hibernation, wrapping it a magical bubble of stasis. With another gesture, a hollow orb appeared the size of a small marble, clear crystal. With a flash, the shadow vanished into the orb, filling it with an inky black residue - to be called when desired, and not before.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Karos returned his mind to Umbranox. Well, that was a misjudgement. Oh, well. He descended the steps of his tower for the first time since its creation, into a high, vaulted chamber. The trapped souls of many mortals hung from the walls, writhing but trapped. In the middle of the chamber, a round black pool had been created, it's contents flat as a mirror.

Karos smiled and removed something from his robes - a tiny dark-blue sphere, a few inches across. He extended his hand and dropped it into the pool. Immediately the liquid in the pool began to writhe and swirl. Karos raised his hands, and the souls on the walls were released and flew into the pool, where they sank without a trace.

Karos sat back and waited. Soon his creatures would be ready.

A few minutes later, the first of them emerged.
    Necromancer avvie by Thecrimsonmage.

You don't kill the purple necromancer. The purple necromancer kills you, and uses your corpse as a draught excluder.

According to Player_Zero, I'm made entirely out of bees. Go figure.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

The dream of the Fire Dragon suddenly changed. The tormenting prescense of the Allwyrm suddenly disappeared, and the peace was free to fill his soul. But the Allwyrm's prescense what not all that disappeared. Without the Fire Dragon knowing it, the contact with the Allwyrm not only tormented him, but also kept his physical self stable. The Fire Dragon imploded.

- - -

In the ocean, far far away, an egg emerged from the depths, a burning egg, despite the ferocity of the sea. The egg flared, and floated onwards.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-26 at 03:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Out of the ash rose a new and terrible creature. She looked like a human woman but she was a little more. One could hardly separate her body from the ash for their coloring was the same. Her hair whipped around her head in a fury though no wind controlled it. The left half of her hair was colored black. The right half of her hair was colored white. She opened her eyes for the first time and their coloring was the same. Eight black arrows were tattooed on her forehead in a radial design. The only way she looked different from the ash was that she was clothed in a thin, blood red dress with tattered ends. It looked more like a scarf that she had wrapped around her body. When she woke, she did not know who she was or how she had become but it came to her in a rush of knowledge. She was Caia, Goddess of chaos, trickery, and persuasion.

"Hello?" she called coyly.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hello, sister Came a voice from behind her. I am Piros, father of flame, I mould and shape the fire of life as I see fit. What is your name?
    My previous character's last words.

-We use the dead goblin's body to check for traps
    -That thing doesn't look so tough
    -What do you mean you'll need more dice?
    -Hey, who cares? The Raven Queen's an idiot....

Main Cookie Smelter for the Miko deserved it guild

6. - Top - End - #186
    Colossus in the Playground

The Raven Lord

Silently the Keeper of Souls sat on the edge of the spirit well. More had to be done, he knew that. He still had a powerful enemy. The Allwyrm, the god of shadows had called him. The one who was still hunting his wraiths.
    Then he knew what had to be done. With a wordless gesture of his hand, he returned the Wraith to his realm. Many had been drained away, and there had only ever been less than a dozen, one for every species.
    They surrounded him, merely a handful of creatures now. He gestured them closer and began his work:
    He began by changing their form, reshaping them into one shadowy form, half humanoid, half like a raven. It was not like his own form, which was that of a man with raven wings. Instead, it had the head of a raven, and the legs, but the body and arms of a man. The figure stood there, unmoving.
    Then, he took his scythe and slowly ran his hand over it. When he took it away, a small, red flame remained in his hand.
    "The Wrath of the Primal Flame.", he spoke.
    "This essence shall drive you, my creation. May you feel the emotions I never will, to do what has to be done."
    And with a lightning fast motion, he drove his hand wrist-deep into the creatures chest.
    A roaring scream echoed through the Realm of Death as the creature burst into flame.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Piros was growing impatient. He wanted the perfect creation, but they had all turned out horribly. He was still persistant. Try, try again he said to himself, grabbing a sparrow, and, infusing it with a small portion of his power, sang to it.
    I give you the power
    of heat that burns so
    I grant you the brains
    to know what I know
    I enchant you with life heat
    to protect from wind blow
    now fly!
    and burn all who oppose your mission.

The bird was immediately responsive. It flew from Piros' cupped hands, amazing it's creator. This had never worked so well before. It seemed that his power was activated through singing. Meanwhile, the bird fled, a sentry, and it had an important mission
    My previous character's last words.

-We use the dead goblin's body to check for traps
    -That thing doesn't look so tough
    -What do you mean you'll need more dice?
    -Hey, who cares? The Raven Queen's an idiot....

Main Cookie Smelter for the Miko deserved it guild

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Urzarkar

Besides Piros and Caia, a shadow solifies into a flying cloak - as it would be worn by an invisible person. As the cloak moves toward you, you can hear the ringing of chainmail - clearly whoever is hidden in the non-detection of the cloak is wearing battlegear.

the cloak makes a small bow and says
    "My name is Urzarkar, and I bid you welcome, milady, mylord. I am he who lurks in the shadows."

Caia, being the godess of trickery and having an intrest in rogues, notices for a split second that Urzarkar has a domain that lie close to here own: Urzarkar was once a well known human thief/assassin/trapsmith (well, he was well know, his name was not known at all) who suddenly dropped from the 'radar'.
    Last edited by qube; 2008-07-27 at 01:18 AM.
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

More gods arriving, Amodex observed. This may still be an exciting war, don't you think, my prisoner?

The Earth Dragon, still very much chainbound, could nothing but stare angrily.

Oh yes, this will be very exciting. Oh, but wait, I can feel something! Something akin to me, but still not... Of course! Wraith. A powerful precense of wraith. Wraith, and wrath. The Raven Lord is angry. Let the conflict then begin!

Amodex brandished his dark sword. He watched the weapon for a while, and then went to open the portal to the All-Lair. The army needed assembling.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As Amodex opens a portal and is 'bussy' stepping through it, a wooden construct. (a brown smiley (like this ) with oversized feet) stumbles toward the demon.

"excuse me, deer s*clank*ir - boy you're ulgy - , but I came to inform yo*tink*u that - you smell - I'm the one responsa*clank*ble for the bommings in the all-lair ... - and that you look like you got hit by a bus"
    Last edited by qube; 2008-07-27 at 03:48 AM.

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Amodex stared at the construct.

Whan in the name of the great... Allwyrm is this?

This could be used to our advantage, the demon thought.

You dared attack the Master's facilities on his home plane? You must perish!

Amodex took his sword and struck a heavy blow against the mechanical creature.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

the smiley explodes and jagged hooks pierce the demon. (some minor damage, not deadly)

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Amodex had expected something like this, but still got annoyed. He dissolved into smoke to shake off the hooks.

This trapmaker amuses me. I have to find him, and bring him over to my side.

At that moment, the other demonlords stepped through the portal.

We leave you alone for one second, and you already manage to blow something up!, Agrob'l said. Well done!

- - -

Some time later, in a completely different part of the world, a forest burning, a shore. Upon the shore laid an egg. The forest-fire erupted into a fiery inferno, engulfing both trees adn the egg. When the flames had settled, nothing was left but a desert, and an amorphous fiery shape, taking form.

And so it begins anew.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-27 at 08:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground

Karos frowned. Conflict was escalating, and soon the gods would be at war. Even with his Shadowkin, he wasn't ready. He was a being who manipulated from afar, rather than directly involve himself in events. Afar...

Karos reached out and summoned the ball of soul energy the Allwyrm had given him. He had intended to use it to create a great and powerful servant, but perhaps there was another way. He concentrated on the sphere, reaching out for all the souls he could find...

Across the world, the shadows darkened to opaqueness, and the air thinned. Weak mortals, such as the elderly or newborn, began to die without warning. One by one, the stars in the sky became obscured by shadow...

Karos wiped the sweat from his brow. Manipulating all these energies was hard, but the payoff would be worth it. None would ever threaten him again. He kept channelling the energy into the sphere, until it was pulsing and throbbing with power. He reached into it, and twisted, and the sphere expanded.

For a few seconds all the shadows vanished from the world, then they returned, but seemed deeper than before. And on the dead continent the fortress of Umbranox wavered, shimmered and vanished.

Karos looked out of his tower. Shadows and darkness, as far as the eye could see. He smiled.

A few minutes later, the leaders of the Shadowkin came to him in his throne room. They bowed. "Sire", one asked, "We felt a disturbance. What happened?"

Karos smiled beautifically. "My children," he announced, "I have made a new world for us, a world that is apart from the material plane. From here, we can continue our mission uninterrupted."

The Shadowkin looked at each other, confused. "But, sire, what is this place? Where are we?"

"I think I shall call it...the Shadowfell."
    Necromancer avvie by Thecrimsonmage.

You don't kill the purple necromancer. The purple necromancer kills you, and uses your corpse as a draught excluder.

According to Player_Zero, I'm made entirely out of bees. Go figure.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

In an uncharted desert, on an uncharted island, there was a small, uncharted village. It's inhabitants were peaceful, fishing in the sea and hunting the native animals, living in small stone huts. In the center of the village there was a large statue of a creature, a sort of a cross between a dragon and a bird, made of solid gold. At the statue's foot burned everburning fires. The inhabitants daily came here to pray to the heavens, to their lord, the great Phoenix. And from the heavens, the great Phoenix watched, and spole to himself.

My people is doing well. I rejoice in gazing upon this. But I can feel a dark prescense looming on the horizon, the abhorrable demons of my master, no, the master of my previous incarnation. For I am the Phoenix, keeper of the Renewal, keeper of life, and keeper of death, and these are my blessed men and women, and this is my blessed land. This is my destiny, as it is to fight the oncoming chaos. I will teach my peaceful people the art of war, as they are dual, as am I.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Meanwhile, in the land of Memunim, academies had been established. Eventually the nation had become a Mystocracy. Various mystics and magicians ruled, while the warriors enjoyed extreme advantages through their powers.

17. - Top - End - #197

The Raven Lord

He stood before his newest creation. No emotion was visible on his face, for he could not feel them. But his creation could.
    "You are the Black Flame of Wrath. You will bring Death and Destruction to my enemies, if I deem it necessary. You will follow my commands, and my commands only. You are the Ravenflame."
    The creature, gigantic in size, in the shape half-raven, half-humanoid, but formed from black flame, with red and burning eyes, shrieked.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Near the Conclave of the Elements, Agrob'l stepped out of the shadow, and took a swing at the Temple of the Conclave with his mighty whip. The strike shattered the entire upper layer of the temple. The Air Dragon flew out, surprised.

Who is it? What is happening? You are the demon!

All right, my prey. And you will be destroyed!

But as the Magmalord was about to destroy the dragon, it dissapated into air, and disappeared.

I will get you sooner or late, be sure of that, maggot!

The demon then proceeded to take a strike at the Tower of Law, destroying a significant part of it, before moving onwards. The war was on.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-27 at 01:23 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caia looked around at the plane she was on. She could sense the chaos all around her. The goddess thrived on chaos. The chaos that was happening now was a war. Excellent. Wars provided so much chaos and so many chances for tricking others. She would not choose sides of course. When one chose sides, they had a chance of losing. Caia would just join whatever side won. That was the way it worked. She nodded her head at both who spoke to her. The second one was more interesting to her. She could tell that they had much in common.
    "My name is Caia and I thank you. I am she that whispers naught but falsehoods and causes confusion."
    She turned her back on him and started making her minions. Those that would follow her and help her do what she does best. With her new found power, she created a special animal called a fox and a special animal similar to the raven called a crow. She made three of each. They were no different than the regular animals except they could turn into humans. They would help cause chaos among the humans.
    Last edited by Moofin Bard; 2008-07-28 at 01:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

The Demonlords gathered.

We need to bring the war to the world!, Agrob'l boldly exclaimed. We need to spread out in order to cause the most destruction!

But where should we go?, B'Tag'pha inquired.

We need to find ourselves the most fitting niches, Nifl stated.

We need to plunder populated areas!, Amodex said. We need to cause the uttermost terror! I propose the lands of the people called the Arxites as one option.

Yes, the Arxites!, Agrob'l replied. I will take care of them.

I hear there is something known as the "Well of Spirits" or something, B'Tag'pha said. Assasulting that will make sure to gain the Raven Lord's attention.

And I will pay a visit to the Hearthold!, Amodex exclaimed. Who knows what wonders exist there?

And I will stand behind and plan our final victory. Do not worry, for we are sure to win, Nifl finished.

- - -

In lush grasslands, on an island, there was a great city. The spires of the palaces reached high towards the sky, and the streets were filled with a million inhabitants. Magic artifacts of tremendous power safeguarded the city, while regiments after regiments of elite soldiers, wielding magic weapons, patrolled the borders. But one thing stood out amongst the others: the gargantuan statue of the God-Phoenix, made out of solid gold, and protected by thousands of abjurations. From above watched that very Phoenix.

This is the paragon of civilization, the eye of time. Within the borders of the city resides the pinnacles of magic and men. This is the egg of the future.

And so the Phoenix, with a sweep of his wings, set fire to the entire cityscape. Within minutes, the flames had devoured the city, leaving only barren desert behind. In the desert stood several thousands of heavily armed and armored soldiers, ready to fight.

As is creation, as is destruction. Come now, men, for now we march to war! We will place the world under our feet, and it will be purged in an inferno of fire, so it can be renewed into an even better place! March, my soldiers! March towards the destruction of creation, march towards the creation of destruction!

And the legions marched.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-28 at 12:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Urzarkar

Noting how the other gods seem to be making minions, Urzarkar decides to follow their example.
    He conjures up an urn of shadow and fills it with the blood of the assasinated. Then he also puts in the remains of one of the stone warriors of the Tower of Law. Then, he adds 13 drops of his own blood. As he closes the urn, the shadows slowly liquifies and fuses with the blood. from the blood infused with shadow muscles are created. from the shadow infused with blood, bone is created. from the 1 drops of divine blood a assasins soul born. The 12 drops were used to give the warrior power. The stone remains infused the body with additional great fighting capability and knowledge.

And the warrior was given twin blades of shadow absorbing blades (making them glow slightly green). Those with Urzarkar's bloodsoul would be able to use the shadows the blades absorbs to travel great distances in a blink of an eye.

The warrior was also given an obi of vengeance. With this, those with Urzarkar's bloodsoul could take over any vengefull moral body to help him carry out vengeance.

"rise Kirigane Kagegami"

picture:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Something had gone awry

That was all that occurred to the gods as IT happened.

That which should have slept forever had awoken.

The mountain, Argo, which was really a giant volcano, erupted into life.

And with the awakening of the ancient Volcano... so too awakened the primordial THING which had slept, undisturbed, for so long. Great seas of lava burst down the sides, and with it came thousands of demons.

The Giants, seeing the coming disaster, used their link to time and creation, to take themselves and the Great Tree to a realm outside of time.

The Great Primeval beast, awakened by cackling demons, and fiery birds, the harbingers of the apocalypse, awakened. With the cries of his awakening, the ground split and the world groaned under the weight of his power. Massive, epic, he crawled from the volcano. His scales, hotter than the hottest of lava, seemed to wave as sheer heat burned the air around him

This being defied definition. It was such a great and terrible thing, reality as was known by the mortals, and even the gods themselves could not hope to contain it, and so its sheer magnificence was spread across infinite planes, infinite dimensions, infinite realities.

Reality itself rippled as he walked, crying out against its existence. Demons and evil dragons, mad with glee, destroyed and burned as he walked, cralwed, slither, and strode down the volcano, oblivious to the destruction that overtook them in their insanity.

The THING surveyed the world, and knew its time had come. It opened its arms, and thousands of creatures, similar to it but pale ghosts to its impossible glory, spilled into existence. They set about the destruction of the world alongside the demons and mad creatures.

As the world burned and crumbled with hastened entropy, the THING dug. It dug and dug and dug, until it reached the middle of the world. There, it unleashed itself. All of itself. All of its reality destroying magnificence, which infinite realities, infinite planes, infinite dimensions could not contained, came to exist in one reality. Argus melted, burned, and died, before rupturing, breaking apart, and finally scattering into the cold infinite void, the still molten dust that was once reality, and all the gods and creatures in it, began to cool.

With this task done, the Primordial curled in upon its impossible self, and its existence once more spread across infinite existences, and it slept...

And so the world came to an end
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

23. - Top - End - #203

And as the world was coming to an end, the Raven Lord prepared for his final task: he visited each mortal, demon, dragon and god in turn, and gathered their essence with a sweep of his scythe.
    Then, for the first and the last time in creation, he smiled and open his eyes, they were black, and white, and grey, and every colour of the rainbow was contained in them, and they were warm, and cold, and terrible and comforting.
    Swinging his scythe Penumbra for the last time, severing the thin thread of his own life, his own essence fading, he whispered, as everything turned to fire and then dust as the primordial beast of entropy claimed the world as it's prey.

"Memento Mori"
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-08-01 at 05:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

And as the world was unravelled, some last, faint words could be heard, if there had been anyone to hear them:

And so it begins.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, I'm back!!
    It seems that I've lost a lot of stuff, including some new characters.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Lothemar'theron

Terrified, from the safety of his sanctuary he witnessed the complete destruction of Argus, a world so young, so ripe to be ordered.
    And to make him even desperated, Lothemar saw the personifications of chaos itself. Caia and Piros. Two entities, whose lust for destruction seemed to be unstoppable.
    The destruction of his race, the god of Justice, shouted in rage and fury, for the death of the ones who were his children. Thunders and lightnings crossed the skies.

Seeing that mortal races were easily corrupted, Lothemar would not commit the same mistake twice. And after rushing out of his sanctuary. He went to the temple on The Order Bastion, now, a new creation was going to be conceived. Lothemar laid his mighty hammer on the ground, and with both hands he began to materialize three light beams on the hall.
    To the first:
    Thou shalt enforce justice over all who oppose us!
    Thargas!

And a humanoid figure was formed, wielding a sword whose irradiated a intense light, that do not obfuscate, though. Dressed in green robes, which hid his face, wielding a plate over it.
    To the second:
    Thou shalt bring order to the hearts of those who forgot it!
    Norgamon!

And a second figure took form, similar to the first, but dressed in blue, wielding a bow, in his back, was an quiver where it was found thunderbolts, rather common arrows.
    And to the third:
    And thou shalt sow hope, on the minds of all of those who fight for us!
    Gronel!

And the last figure, similar to his counterparts, dressed in red, wielding a glaive was born.
    NOW ARISE, MY VINDICATORS!
    And they stood on their feets and answered in unison
    As you command, my lord!
    I witnessed the destruction and the creation of harbingers of chaos in this twisted world. What brings me despair.
    Now, pointing to them.
    You, Vindicators, are my most perfect creation, and you will help me in my quest to bring order to this place.
    Now, go forth my children. Do your tasks. As it this the beggining of a hard mission.

And with a sign, Lothemar made three lightnings hit his creations and vanishes with them.
    Now I must do some work on my own.
    Taking his hammer back, he concentrated himself on the one who he wanted to meet personally. And presented himself to the one, who called herself mistress of chaos, Caia, with a partner, the lord of fire, Piros, another chaotic force.
    So, it is you who think that no one is going to stop you?