New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Heaven and Hell: Fate of the World [IC]

"I would prefer the lead, but if you insist me to take the rear I will."

Samuel replied to the demands of the fighter, his thoughts much less cooperative.

Take the rear? What does he take me for, a coward?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shiv

Sensing the Paladin's discomfort about where he was told to go Shiv adds The rear guard is one of the most important positions, if we are ambushed you will be the one to bear the responsibility of protecting those on the other side of you. If you feel that I've made a bad descision we can switch, but it will be your responsibility to keep us within a resonable amount of safety by not walking into a fatal situation. I trust my ability to do so, do you trust yours? Don't worry, the formation will change when we enter the town anyway.

Shiv puts some emphasis on the last few words as he replaces himself in the front and waits for the others to finish being prepared.
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-08-19 at 04:18 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

The group prepares it's formation, the best fighters on front and on the back, and the less resistant ones in the middle, protected. As the party slowy slides down the hill and into the city, the white mist gets heavier, and you can barely see twenty meters ahead. The party aproaches the first houses, and Shiv asks everyone to stop. He closes in on the house, and open the door. He sees, inside the house, a family trembling in fear, in a corner of the room. He tries calling out to them, but they do not answer. He returns and tells this to the group. The second house he checks, he finds the same situation.

The group arrives at the center of the village, a small plaza with a well for water gathering. As the party observes the scenery, everyone starts to hear a strange, frightening noise. It starts low, but rises more and more, like a deadly scream, full of anguish and hatred. The weak willed ones almost fall to their knees, their strenght taken by the terrifying scream. However, as suddenly as it began, it stops. But you can almost smell the scent of danger in the air, as something moves through the mist, circling the party.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Voth

"I've got a bad feelings about this." Voth says to everyone as he draws two daggers from his coat.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shiv

New plan, surround the wizard and the child. They are the most frail, and Sara can cast over us. Shiv then takes a deep breath, preparing to unleash his draconic heritage on any who would come in range.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready action, if any two enemies come within range where I can hit them both and none of my allies I will use Dragon Breath.

Attack: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6] Fire
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Sara Phillipson

Sara shows no objection to the marching order, nodding as Shiv takes the point in the endeavours. Despite wanting to lead, she's perfectly willing to leave the job to others and worry about her own troubles. When Shiv looks to her to protect Diana, she nods but looks back at him intensely, as if to mentally confer her thoughts. Do you think I can't?

The town's eerie atmosphere makes Sara uneasy. She immediately wants to explore for herself what has occurred, but for Diana's safety she does not stray far, letting Shiv do most of the exploring. When he returns with his comments, Sara is even more unsettled. I'm beginning to truly hate this. The image he describes reminds her of her own memories, and she shudders a bit at the thought.

As the scream sounds, Sara instinctively grabs Diana's arm, trying to comfort her in whatever ways she can. "Diana, stay calm!" The movement throws Sara's thoughts into motion. She quickly observes her field of battle, taking in whatever she can about her position before preparing to strike at whatever she can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready Action: If an enemy moves to melee range of any of the main melee fighters, cast cloud of daggers including that square.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2008-08-20 at 08:31 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Samuel gets in front of Sara and Diana, flanking them with Shiv. He readies his sword and prepares for what he hopes is a glorious battle, a small smile etched on his face.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Targat

"sheesh, you guys are much too tense ...

STOP PLAYING GAMES AND SHOW YOURSELF! I HAVE NO PATIENCE FOR
    <goblin>IMMATURE CHILDREN</goblin>
    "

Targat takes his scythe, but doesn't ready to attack with it

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready for lance of faith :evil grin: - its an imlement power not a weapon power.
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

The party gets in formation, surrounding Sara and Diana, while waiting for the enemy. A single shadow moves through the mist, closing in on the group. You can see that it has a vaguely humanoid shape, but seems to be hovering on the ground, moving at a great speed.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Targat

there you are ... lets see how you react to some real power
    And a lance shape blob of dark light gets ejected from one of Targats sleeves

Spoiler
    Show
    lance of faith
    (Ranged 5) (1d20+3)[20] vs. Reflex,
    if it hits: (1d8+3)[9] radiant damage, and the party member standing closest to it (excluding Targat) gets +2 power bonus on his next attack vs the ... mist

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:(1d20+1)[8]

"Beast! Show thyself!"

Samuel's sword begins to glow as he readys for a fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    At first chance, he marks the target with Divine Challenge, and then strikes with a holy strike:

(1d20+6)[19] and (1d8+5)[13] for the damage.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Sara Phillipson

As the others around her begin acting against some movement in the shadows, Sara keeps her wits about her, her left hand holding on to her orb tightly and her eyes racing around, hoping to spot anything that might be a useful warning to the coming danger.

Though she says nothing, the arcane words and motions for her spell pop once again into her mind, her muscles ready to move should it become necessary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+2)[21]
    Perception Check - (1d20+1)[10]

Ready action: If Sara notices an enemy or if any enemy moves into melee range of any character in the party, Sara will cast cloud of daggers on the square containing the triggering enemy.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    oh yeah, init ...(1d20+1)[10]

note however how Targat did not ready but actually attack the shadow

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Voth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:(1d20+4)[11]

Body tensing, Voth awaits for his prey to emerge.
    The Emperor Protects

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shiv

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[12]

Shiv flexes his muscles, starting with his toes working his way up through the the rest of his body, a stress relieving activity he learned years ago.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Initiative Order
    Sara: 21
    Shiv: 12
    Unknow Enemy(ies)
    Voth: 11
    Targat: 10
    Samuel: 8

Everyone prepares for combat, readying themselves to face the unknow enemy. Targat quickly trows a mighty spell against the shadow moving through the mist, without waiting for it to get closer. The bright lance hits it's target, and you can hear a lound scream, and the creature stops moving. Samuel takes this chance to close in and also hits the creature with his holy strike.

You can now see the creature. It has a humanoid shape, and dresses in a ragged robe, tainted with blood. It hovers above the ground, and you can see no feet or legs. It's arms end in powerfull claws, clearly capable of severing one's limbs, and it's skull is twisted and ugly, with great teeth springing from the creature's mouth; a face that could barely be called humanoid. The creature screams, and claws Samuel's face, making the paladin spit blood, and Samuel feels an icy chill when the claw hits him.

Spoiler
    Show

Samuel takes 8 damage.

No map for this encounter, as you can barely see anything in the surroundings.

It's a new round now, you can post actions following the initiative order.
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-08-24 at 03:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Sara Phillipson

Now able to see her foe clearly, Sara decides it best to assist in terms of combat and waves her right hand in the proper motions. Magic flows from her hand, spilling into the air above her and forming several blade-shaped pieces of pure magic force. Pointing towards Samuel, the blades fly through the air, almost straight towards the paladin. However, several feet before they would hit him, they fan out and move around him, entering the square containing the enemy creature. As they spin about there, they slice eagerly at their target, dancing as if they were the most gracious of acrobats.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast cloud of daggers on the creature in the square.

Attack - (1d20+4)[7] vs. Reflex of the target
    Damage - (1d6+4)[9] force damage against the target if hit.

Additionally, if anything starts its turn in the square or decides to move through it, it will take 2 damage.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2008-08-25 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Clarification of what the attack does.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Targat

"Hey, try not to kill it. we might ...extract some information later."

dark fire gets ejected from Targats hands ...
    Spoiler
    Show
    check to see if I got any info about it:
    arcane of religion (1d20+5)[25]

standard action: Sacred Flame: (1d20+3)[9] vs Refl. Hit=(1d6+3)[5] radiant damage, Samuel gets 2 temp hp.

IIRC in 4e their is no subdual rule, but you can choose that he goes unconcious instead of dying when you reduce your enemy to 0 hp. Targat chooses to use this option.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shiv

Shiv holds his ground, waiting for the unseen creature to come within range of his Halberd.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready action: If it comes within 10 feet of Shiv, he'll attack it with Villain's Menace

Attack: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (2d10+3)[17]

If it hits I get a +2 attack and +4 damage for the rest of the encounter, if I miss I get +1 attack and +2 damage for the rest of the encounter.

And if it drops, might as well not kill it.
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-08-26 at 09:07 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Voth

Voth quickly draws one of his daggers and hurls it at the mysterious creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Sly Flourish:(1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d4+6)[8]
    The Emperor Protects

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Angered that the beast struck him, Samuel bellows in fury as he swings his sword at the creature again, the sword glowing with a bright white light.

He chants a prayer granting him extra strength from the Heavens.
    Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
    Radiant Smite - (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage - (2d8+9)[22]

He then shifts back a square, ready to launch another assault.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Targat doesn't recognize the creature as anything that he knows, but he can sense the evil energies flooding through the monster's body, and he can also feel that these energies are coming from somewhere else into the creature.

The battle rages on, and everyone tries to attack the hideous monster. However, the creature seems like mist, and almost all the attacks pass through it's body. However, Shiv has good luck, and manages to hit the creature, wounding it. The monster let's out another inhumane scream, and dissapears back into the mist. It appears again, right beside Shiv, biting at his flesh in retaliation. Voth takes this opportunity to strike the creature, but all other attacks fail.

Spoiler
    Show

Shiv takes 10 damage.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feeling the teeth sink into his skin he lets out a grunt, the biggest expression of pain that he's given at any point in this adventure yet. A little help Targat?

Shiv then again readies his stance to strike should the creature come within range.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Steel Serpent Strike if it comes within range.

Attack: (1d20+8)[17]
    Damage: (2d10+7)[13]

If I hit it is slowed and can't shift until the end of my next turn.

And again, if I down it might as well keep it alive.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Sara Phillipson

Sara doesn't stop to think as the creature moves again. She prepares herself to cast again, hoping to force the enemy to move in a way she desires. Magical energies well in her orb, but she does nothing to use them for the time being, her hand awaiting its chance to unleash its spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready action to cast cloud of daggers if the creature enters melee range of any of the characters in the party.

Attack - (1d20+4)[9] vs. Reflex
    Force Damage - (1d6+4)[7]

2 damage if the creature starts its turn in the square or moves through it, whether or not the attack hits.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Targat

interesting ...

targat will attack the critter once more

Spoiler
    Show
    minor: healing word on Shiv: healingsurge + (1d6)[4]+3 hp
    move action: nothing
    standard: ready to for Dire Radiance
    attack: (1d20+3)[15] vs fort, damage (1d6+3)[5], possible secondairy damage (1d6+3)[7]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Samuel chants a prayer, channeling the power of the church at the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did the monster take the 6 damage from my divine challenge? If for some reason the Divine Challenge was removed, Samuel renews it, and then attacks with "On Pain of Death"

(1d20+3)[22] v. Will

Damage:
    (3d8+3)[19]

Target also takes 1d8 damage after making any attacks on its turn. (Save Ends)

Miss: Half damage, and 1d4 after making any attacks on its turn. (Save Ends)

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Voth

Snapping his arm to his side, Voth draws another dagger and lets it loose at his inhuman foe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Draw Dagger
    Action:Sly Flourish

Is it a plus 12 to hit?
    The Emperor Protects

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Most attacks miss the creature, and only Samuel's and Voth's strike true. The creature dissapears quickly into the mist, reappearing at the other side of the group moments after. It lunges its twisted head back, and screams, and with the scream a wave of cold and energy surrounds you. You feel the ice burning in your skin, so cold that it is; and everyone is pushed back a few feet by the strenght of the unnatural scream.

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, the creature took the 6 damage from the Divine Challenge.

Everyone takes 14 damage.

Gods, I'm beggining to hate all these numbers and statistics. T.T

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Voth

His eyes narrowing from this supernatural attack, Voth bares his fangs. His body seems to change, if only slightly. Drawing yet another dagger from his coat, Voth hurls it towards his target, the world around him fading till all he sees is his enemy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sly Flourish:(1d20+8)[15]
    Damage:(1d4+6)[10]

Also activating Razorclaw Shifting. +1 to AC and Reflex and +2 to my speed.I wish I had remembered that drawing weapons is only a minor action now.
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-09-02 at 07:40 PM.
    The Emperor Protects

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Targat

"darn, this one is goning to give us some trouble, is he?" targat says, holding his scythe. then he whispers a few words and a Voth can feel a surge of unnatural health... then he moves Sara and tels here "hey, if you're having touble with the cold, just use that pain and turn it against the enemy"

Voth, you can spend a healing surge and you gain an additional 4 hp
    Spoiler
    Show
    minor action: on Voth. healing surge + (1d6+3)[4] hp

move to Sara
    standard: heal check to trigger sara's second wind (see heal check) (1d20+8)[21]
    yeah, I have no idea how to roleplay that ... so I'm thinking a few tips on how to endure the pain ...

edit: though Targat tries to hide it, the cloaked man also took a good deal of pain from the blast, making him bloodied. but finally he seems to shake it off

Spoiler
    Show
    Targat uses his action point and uses his healing surge himself
    Last edited by qube; 2008-09-06 at 03:01 PM.