New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

"It's not a problem at all, I am Anesta, and I am from the City-States," she replied quickly. She grins slightly, glad to be with hose of her hometown, even if it rattled her a little bit.
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson nearly starts to frown upon his name not being remembered, but he changes his expression quickly and simply says: My name is Michalson Barring the wizard, former apprentice of wizard Filavandrel. I'm imperial citizen.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Good to meet you Anesta, Michalson." Teffil makes a curt bow, and looks to the sky. "It's getting dark, we should start heading out. If we find anyone else willing to come, we can catch them on the way out."

He and Adiala start making there way into the center of camp.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Alright then, I'm glad we have a deal. Michalson follows his new employers.(note: I'm assuming we're heading off now, if I'm wrong, Michalson says goodbye and goes back to the camp.)
    Last edited by Morty; 2008-08-05 at 03:56 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #35

Jaras

Very nice to meet you all, I am Jaras Silverblood. I guess we will be working together making sure that these two arrive safely. It will certainly be a pleasure working with such a nice diverse group of people.

While speaking and listening to the others speak Jaras listens to everything they have to say and watches there body languages for any inconsitancies, as well as subtle hints for lies.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

"I guess we will, though I'm curious as to where we're going exactly. I'm not too familiar outside of the City-States just yet," Anesta replied to Janas. She followed her employers, a bit careful and wary of the night already. She wouldn't be the one to let a fellow tiefling get hurt under her watch.

7. - Top - End - #37

OOC: I'm waiting on Shiny to hear what Kur-Naraat is up to, but otherwise, yes, we are close to leaving.

Adiala turns to Anesta while she speaks. "We're heading to Rose Creek, it's a small village about a day's walk from here, closer to the city-states but still in the borderlands."
    Teffil sighs, and adds in. "It's supposed to be a nice place, but some of the travelers here mentioned that it's become dangerous at night.
    Adiala continues, "In other circumstances we'd probably just go somewhere else, but I need to be in a decent town to deliver."

Homebrews:

Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

8. - Top - End - #38

Continuing out of the camp, the two start on the path leading to the main road. "Let's go, everyone." Teffil starts, and smiles wryly. "After you," he gestures, returning his hand to Adiala's.

She smiles. "Such a nice halfling." She rubs her belly and looks down. "Hear that little Vida? You're going to be a beautiful little girl?"

Teffil frowns. "Young Morgan will be a handsome young son. And we can talk about this on the road. Let's go everyone."
    He leads you out of the camp. Stopping to unhitch a riding beast which he helps Adiala on to. The beast is a large, stout teal reptile with four lean legs and a long neck topped by a beak. He taps it's tail and it starts walking smoothly.

-----------------------

You walk on a loosely beaten out path for about an hour, stopping occasionally while Teffil dotes on Adiala, asking how she is and giving her a chance to sate her considerable appetite.

They're up for conversation with you if you ask, but most of Teffil's attention is on Adiala otherwise.

You make it to a larger, partially paved road just as the night hits. "We can stop here for the night, we're making pretty good time." He gives Adiala a tender kiss and rubs her belly. "You two doing alright."

She giggles. "Both your girls are doing fine."

He harumphs. He grabs some packs off the reptile, including a feed bag that he attaches to its mouth. He pats it a few times, "Good girl."

He turns to the three of you and hands out some packs. "Alright, let's get started on these tents." He turns to Michalson, "Michalson, do you think you can get a fire going?"

Homebrews:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

I can make a small fire sir, after that we'll have to blow it normally. After saying that, Michalson casts Predistigation to lit up campfire with a small flame. I'm afraid I don't know any more potent fire-based spells.
    (Note: More insightful characters might notice that Michalson is annoyed at his magic being used for such mundane matters, but tries not to show it)
    Last edited by Morty; 2008-08-10 at 07:30 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Jaras

Smirking as the fire is being started, Jaras begins to set up camp and help the others. It seems this is as good place as any to set up camp.

I don't believe we got everyone's name. It would also be wise that we all know what skills the others possessed at least to a minimum level in order to take advantage of the situation should anything happen.

I will start. My name is Jaras. I specialize in close up hand to hand fighting with dual spears. I am not ineffective at ranged combat however.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

11. - Top - End - #41

"Thank you, Michalson," Adiala smiles sweetly as she speaks.

The pair listen intently to Jaras as he speaks, and Teffil's interest looks to be piqued after he mentions his dual spear style.

"Interesting style," Teffil raises an eyebrow as he helps Adiala down, and onto an unfolded bedroll. "Mind if I ask where you picked it up?"

Homebrews:

12. - Top - End - #42

Jaras

Ah yes, I don't mind one bit. It is my families style of fighting. We have used it to protect and guard the nobility of the Eladari Empire for Many decades. It consists of quick attacks and movements to leave your enemies guessing your location. It was taugh to me at a very young age, and I have been attempting to master it since.

Those that are very insightful and pick up on others emotions may notice when he mentions this, he get's upset and saddened. Although he does try to hide it the best that he can.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

"Curious, I haven't seen that either," Anesta responded after Jaras was done. She finished pitching her tent, struggling somewhat to make it upright. "Well, I'm good with direction, I think would be the best way to put it. Having a friend be in the right place in the right time, and just keeping the battle going our way. I suppose in a pinch I'm hand with an axe as well."

She grins, not bothering to mention more then that.
    Last edited by ArtifexFelicis; 2008-08-14 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Wow, I mistook her name for someone else's, sorry

14. - Top - End - #44

"You seem to have some combat experience Althea" Teffil notes, scratching the back of his neck, "Were you in any battles during the War, or are you one of the newer students."

Homebrews:

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson spent last few whiles blowing into the campfire and stroking it with his staff, and raising from his kees, content with the fire now, he joins the conversation. Ah, discussing tactics, are we? I admit I haven't seen anyone figthing with two spears at once either. Well, I think we're diverse enough group to work well together.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

"I was just a student, I've never been in any wars yet," Anesta replied. She shifted to make herself more comfortable. "And what can you do Michalson? I'm curious."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

I'm too much of a fledgeling wizard to mave any distinct style, Michalson says, and I don't really want to have one. If you have a distinct combat style, your enemies might learn it and use it against you. That said, don't expcect many elemental-based spells from me. Theyr'e crude, noisy and overly flashy. I prefer to deal with my enemies with subtlety. Putting someone to sleep is just as good as setting them on fire, but less messy.
    Last edited by Morty; 2008-08-15 at 07:52 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Teffil listens intently to everyone's discussions. "You have a good instinct Michalson. Although, if you eschew flashy and destructive magic, I'm afraid you're already on your way to a pretty distinctive style compared to most wizards. In my experience, they abandon all subtlety once they've learned to use magic as a sledge hammer."

"It's great to hear more about you all, but I think we should get to bed soon," Adiala interjects, "the baby's starting to calm down, and I think I could use the rest."

"Alright dear," Teffil briefly turns to his wife, and then back to you. "Well, we should get some sleep, I want to make Rose Creek before nightfall tomorrow. I'm going to be in our tent with Adiala, the rest of you should decide on some kind of watch schedule, I'd like to leave in about ten hours.

Homebrews:

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Alright then, Michalson says turning back to the rest of the party, I volounteer to take the first watch. I'm used to going to bed late.

20. - Top - End - #50

Jaras

Listening to the rest talk, Jaras just takes in what he is hearing. When they begin to talk about setting up watches for the night Jaras Volunteers for any shift needed. I believe having 3 watches, 3 hours per watch, that will give each person the needed 6 hours of sleep and allow us to double up on watches so one person isn't alone.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

"That sounds fair enough then," Anesta replied. She yawned, blinking a few times before looking at the other two. "Can you two figure it out, I wish to get some sleep before I need to do much else."

22. - Top - End - #52

Jaras

Michalson I will go ahead and take a rest to. Wake me up in 3 hours.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I'll wake you up in 3 hours. Michalson makes himself comfortable by the campfire and begins his watch.

24. - Top - End - #54

Sleep Schedule:
    Michalson
    Jaras
    Anesta

The night passes uneventfully, peacefully even. The rolling hills of the lowlands are uninhabited except for a sparse trees and animals.
    Several more reptilian animals like the one carrying Adiala are resting near a small pond. The stars are out, and you can make out some interesting constellations.

Sandakkah
    Spoiler
    Show

Omaka
    Spoiler
    Show

And Neru, the Eidolon of Stars
    Spoiler
    Show

After the 8 hours of sleep, Teffil rises and greets you all. He gets started on cooking some strips of meet from the back of the reptile, and in another hour Adiala rises, greets you all, and gives her husband a hug.

"Alright everyone," Teffil continues "You can take another hour, and then we should get going. I want to make it to Rose Creek before nightfall."

He packs up his tent, puts out the campfire, and starts loading the reptile. Without objection, he'll start moving.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We seem to have whittled down to 3 players. I'll look into an alternate, but if not I may use a DMPC to fill the defender slot. If you'd rather just stick to the 3, say so and we'll continue like that.
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2008-08-20 at 04:48 PM.

Homebrews:

25. - Top - End - #55

Jaras

Waking up to the smell of cooked meat was a rather appetizing thing for Jaras, who has spent most of his most recent time traveling around and eating trail rations. During the course of morning conversations it would seem that Jaras is rather happy person with no cares in the world, but those more intuitive can see it's just a front.

Well I believe setting out would be a good idea, the faster we can travel the safer it is for you and your child.

Spoiler
    Show

I am fine with either option. With only 3 you would need to scale it back.
    Not sure on what role Anesta is, but we have a striker in me, and a controller in Michalson. If Anesta is a Leader we could get away w/o having a defender pretty easily, as long as Michalson doesn't mind getting attacked every now and then...
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

"Smells good," Anesta replied. She took some of the meat, enjoying it as she packed up the tent and her belongings. She took a few moments to work out the kinks of sleeping on the ground, with special care to her tail and neck. The hard ground put something of a kink in both.

How'd you guys sleep? Well enough?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fine with either really. Having the defender would be good, but I could live with three. I could squeeze both spots out for now. It it makes making the encounters easier to calculate, I wouldn't mind a fourth for the defender slot.
    Last edited by ArtifexFelicis; 2008-08-20 at 11:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson wakes up and smells the bacon, which somewhat eases his discomfort from sleeping on the ground. I've slept worse, thanks, he says and begins to eat. And just so you know, I'll need some time to study my spellbook before we leave.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fine with either option too. It'd be good to have a full team, but if you can't find anyone, I guess we can go without a defender. We'd just have to take powers that'll prevent enemies from ganging up on us.
    Last edited by Morty; 2008-08-21 at 08:56 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Teffil waits until breakfast is done, scratching the back of his neck when Michalson mentions his spellbook. "I heard wizards need extra time with things like this. Well, go ahead."

Lighter conversation continues apace while you travel, and the couple seems to genuinely enjoy the pleasant weather and environment. In mid-afternoon, after about four more hours of travel, you crest over a small hill, and, behind a small blind spot, you notice a group of four humans and an eladrin sitting around a burnt out campfire, passing around a flask.

"Hey" the eladrin says, noticing the five of you with a smirk, "I don't know if you realized it, but you're passing through Eladari territory right now."
    He stands up, and you
    Anyone can make a history or streetwise check
    notice his loose chain armor, bearing a worn
    insignia.

"And passing through Eladari territory means you pay Eladari taxes. Twenty gold from each of you ought to cover it." He shifts his head, and the humans around him, all wearing leather armor in various states of disrepair. "Or, we could handle the collection ourselves."
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2008-08-22 at 05:37 PM.

Homebrews:

29. - Top - End - #59

Jaras

Spoiler
    Show

history - (1d20+1)[14]
    streetwise - (1d20-1)[11]

Stepping forward towards the eladrin and the rising humans, making sure to put himself infront of everyone else, Jaras is ready to draw his spears at a moments notice. Finally speaking after a few seconds,

"I don't know if you realize who you are talking to, so let me explain a little, I am Jaras Silverblood, son of Rhiorin Silverblood honored Myrmidon of the Imperial Guard. I am Eladari Royalty and I suggest you step out of our way and move along, I will be sending a grouping of guards back to collect you rabble when I arrive at the next town, so if I was you, I wouldn't be here for much longer. But if it's a fight you are looking for, I would love nothing more as it's been quite a few months since I got to have any true fun."

Drawing out his two spears Jaras looks towards them with a smirk.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-08-22 at 07:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

30. - Top - End - #60

Spoiler
    Show

sorry for the double post, but i edited my last post, and i couldn't make my rolls in there

not sure what roll you want
    Intimidate - (1d20-1)[16]
    Diplomacy - (1d20-1)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain