Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 156
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Michalson stands behind Jaras. Yes... you look strange for Eladari soldiers. Who's your superior? We'd like to talk to him.
    Last edited by Morty; 2008-08-22 at 11:28 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kris on a Stick. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kris on a Stick and Zefir, respectively.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Jaras:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your personal training in Eladari military history tells you that the soldier's insignia, waves over a crescent moon, is that of the Wintermoon Bralani, the myrmidon unit which laid siege to the Nénezzan city of Marrant during the War of Four Kingdoms. They failed to take the city after years of fighting, which was the first significant defeat ever suffered by the Eladari host. Although nothing suggests the strategy was mishandled or that the battle was poorly fought–Najm-Namatha had entered the war and the Host was spread increasingly thin, and the Nénezzans were starting to consolidate their forces–the Wintermoon Bralani were disgraced after their defeat.

    P.S. A myrmidon unit is typically organized as having around 15-30 myrmidons commanding 800-1000 soldiers, of which there are 100 or so captains which are not accepted myrmidons, but are accomplished soldiers given some command authority.

    Jaras puts on an impressive show, and it makes an impression on the humans, they back down and start muttering to each other and to the eladrin, the eladrin just seems to react angrily.
    He turns to the humans and glares at them, they stop muttering but don't seem to rally. The eladrin turns back to you.

    In Elven:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well listen, Silverblood," he hisses, "Son of a myrmidon and a myrmidon are different things entirely." He rests his hand on a blade, "I'm a ranking captain with actual field experience and not just some sheltered training in a citadel. So unless your father shows up and backs you up, I'm the only superior you need to know.

    "Now, if you want to actually be a myrmidon, learn some basic military theory and respect your superior. Pay the toll, twenty gold each, and we can take care of this."

    The humans look uneasy while he speaks, two shakily put hands on their clubs and axes, but the other four just kind of back away.
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2008-08-22 at 11:53 PM.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ArtifexFelicis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Anesta kept silent, though her shield and axe were ready to be drawn. She didn't understand most of Eladrin customs, and didn't really pass into their territories much. she shrugged, stepping forward and past Michalson. Jaras seemed to know what he was doing with the soldiers, but she could see a bad situation brewing. She hoped they wouldn't need to fight though, at least not for a reason that might come back to hurt them.
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.


  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    stupnick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Jaras

    Smirking back at the Eladrin while he was talking, Jaras just listened. Finally once he was done, a larger smile appeared on Jaras's face. I was never really one to follow the "wants" of a superior, I think I might have to pass on paying you the gold, and if you want to do anything about it, Let's go.

    Drawing out his spears, looking like he is ready to attack and onguard for anything the Eladrin could throw at him, Jaras motions for the others to begin moving once again.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show


    Made by Arokh


    Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin


    Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir


    Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    The eladrin looks at Jaras' spears and glares. "Who are you you little bastard! I'm a soldier of the host, not just some reject, and we outnumber you. Beat the money out of them, boys!"

    Roll Initiative!


    Map Guide:
    Blue: Active Party
    Green: Noncombat Allies (Currently Adiala)
    Red: Enemies

    (Okay, I accidently put down Michalson in Red, I'll fix it the next time I update the map.)
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2008-08-24 at 02:13 AM.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    ((So, I take it Tefil is a combatant, then?))
    ((Also, I suggest you could roll initiative for everyone including PCs. That'd make combats go a bit faster, I think))

    Initiative roll: (1d20+0)[19]
    Michalson grabs his staff, grins and mutters, Come and get it, thugs...
    Last edited by Morty; 2008-08-24 at 07:06 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kris on a Stick. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kris on a Stick and Zefir, respectively.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    stupnick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Jaras

    With spears in hand Jaras is ready for what the Eladrin is bringing.

    (1d20+2)[5]
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show


    Made by Arokh


    Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin


    Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir


    Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ArtifexFelicis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Anesta readied her shield and axe, silent and waiting for the others.

    (1d20+0)[2] - Initiative
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.


  9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    (Teffil is going to act as a DMPC for right now, but it may change as time goes on.)

    Initiative
    19 Michalson
    13 Eladrin
    7 Teffil
    5 Jaras
    4 Thugs
    2 Anesta

    Combat Posting Guidelines:
    Wait until your initiative order to post, don't post ahead. Some people think it works faster, but I think that the messiness of adjudicating conflicting actions takes longer in the long run. There's only three people, so we should handle it.

    Format your post as such:
    Teffil (Post your sheet at the beginning of combat, you don't have to do it each post. It makes it easier to reference for me.)
    HP 29/29
    AC 19
    Fort 12/Ref 14/Will 14

    Teffil draws his sword and dashes to the orc's side, he twirls the blade in his wrist and drives it into the enemy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to the B3.
    Use Basic Attack on orc.
    Str vs AC
    (1d20+2)[10]


    DMPCs will be rolled here on the board, but I'll be rolling enemy dice myself off-screen, to save time, avoid die roller screwiness, and so, in desperate straits, I can fudge ugly die rolls in your favor.

    The map will be updated at the top of each round.

    Whew; that said, Michalson's move.
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2008-08-25 at 04:54 AM.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Michalson
    HP 24/24
    AC 14
    Fort 12/Ref 13/Will 14

    Michalson outstretches his staff and shouts a spell that puts brigands' minds to sleep.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Sleep on C7
    Attack vs. E: (1d20+3)[9]
    Attack vs. H1: (1d20+3)[9]
    Attack vs. H2: (1d20+3)[13]
    Attack vs. H3: (1d20+3)[15]
    Attack vs. H4: (1d20+3)[17]
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kris on a Stick. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kris on a Stick and Zefir, respectively.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    The five man start to blink heavily and look loose on their feet. They start to stumble, three of the humans worse than the rest, and they struggle to hold onto their weapons.
    The eladrin, holding his temple with one hand and his blade with the other shouts back. "Pull yourself together! This is just some trick, kill the mage and it'll stop."
    He pushes forward steadily, and tries to strike at Jaras with his longsword.
    His reactions are less than razor sharp, but he still solidly bangs into your armor with a thundering clang.
    The motion seems to get his adrenaline flowing, as he seems to shake off the worst of the affects.
    Spoiler
    Show
    H2, H3, and H4 are hit by Sleep, E and H1 are not but are still slowed. The eladrin moves to G6 and makes a basic attack against Jaras, dealing 4 damage. He successfully saves against sleep.


    Teffil
    HP 29/29
    AC 19
    Fort 12/Ref 14/Will 14

    Teffil flips a long, inwardly curved shortsword out of his jacket and spins on his feet, darting out in a wide curve before swinging back around to the Eladrin. He holds his sword out on his right side and quickly draws his left hand across the flat of the blade. A rush of dark violet energy rushes from the blade and into the eladrin, forming as an intricate rune over his body.
    Tightening his grip, he moves the blade again, in a wide sweep. The same purple energy rushes from the blade toward one of the human thugs.
    For those curious, Teffil is a hexblade, a nominally modified version of the swordmage.
    Teffil moves to G5, moving wide to avoid an opportunity attack. He uses Hexblade's Curse (Aegis of Defense) to mark the eladrin, and he follows up with Devil's Hex (Multiclass Infernal Pact Warlock At-Will Ability) against H1.
    Attack - (1d20+2)[13]
    [roll=Damage]1d6+Con Psychic[/roll]
    (Screwed up the roll, but it's irrelevant)

    The violet energy strikes through the chest of the thug, and he falls to the ground, contorting in agony.
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2008-08-25 at 06:55 PM.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    stupnick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Jaras

    27/31 HP
    15 AC
    14/13/13 F/R/W

    Seeing the Eladrin come at him, Jaras smiles rather large. When the Eladrin strikes him, and it barely bypasses his armor, Jaras just quietly mutters "Your going to wish you had just moved to the side and let us pass" Focusing down the Eladrin, the ranger strikes out at him

    Spoiler
    Show

    Minor action mark the Eladrin

    Jaws of the Wolf
    (1d20+5)[6]
    (2d8+5)[14]

    (1d20+5)[21]
    (2d8+5)[20]

    1/2 damage on misses

    forgot to roll Quarry damage.

    btw if you can, for future, specify who failed there sleep saves and fell asleep.. i was going to teleport to them and do an aoe attack on them, but i didn't want to hold up combat

    BTW i want to do non-lethal damage, as i don't want to kill him.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-08-25 at 09:59 PM.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show


    Made by Arokh


    Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin


    Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir


    Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    stupnick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    sorry for the double post. I forgot to roll hunter's quarry damage
    (1d6)[3]

    would be on the first attack, since it missed it get's added to second attack since it's only once per round when i hit.

    so first attack deals 7, second attack deals 20+ above roll

    so 30 damage dealt total to him, as i am assuming a 21 hits his AC
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-08-25 at 09:58 PM.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show


    Made by Arokh


    Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin


    Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir


    Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    (You're right, I should have specified but I forgot to in the crunch text.)

    The eladrin falls with the dull weight of the two blows, each slamming a hard wooden side into his chest, transferring the impact through his chain armor. He coughs, the wind knocked out of him,and falls to his knees, tipping over. The humans turned around, deprived of their leader and groggy fom the spell. One seems to shake it off, but the other two fall unconscious.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Eladrin down, H2 saves but H3 and H4 are both unconcsious. Anesta's turn.
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2008-08-27 at 10:55 AM.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ArtifexFelicis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Anesta's Profile

    HP - 24/24
    19 AC
    13/13/14 Fort/Ref/Will

    Anesta hurried forward, bearing her axe at the one thug who seemed to be standing well after Michalson's spell. She brought it up and down, not bothering to let him have a moment of respite.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Viper's Strike. Going Strength vs. Fortitude.
    (1d20+4)[24] - To Hit
    (1d10+2)[4] - For Damage.

    If it hits, and he lives, and he moves, Anesta gets an AoO on him.

    EDIT: Yay! I gots a Natural 20. Though now I'm not sure what to do.
    Last edited by ArtifexFelicis; 2008-08-26 at 07:50 PM.
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.


  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    (Critical hits now deal max damage, and maybe other effects if you have a special weapon or poewr)

    Anesta's axe breaks through the human's minimal skills and downs him with a solid blow into his side. All the humans are either down or unconcsious, and the Eladrin is knocked out and beaten up.

    Battle Over! Enjoy 100 Experience for defeating one Level 3 soldier and 4 level 2 minions.

    Teffil smiles and sheathes his blade. "Good job, I knew I made a good choice when I hired you. Feel free to take anything useful they might be holding."

    He looks down at the eladrin and takes on a quizzical look. "He's not dead...Jaras, any reason you left him alive?"
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    I don't think those thugs are dead either, Michalson points at humans he put to sleep. What shall we do with them? After saying that, he approaches the humans and starts searching for valuables in any case.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kris on a Stick. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kris on a Stick and Zefir, respectively.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    stupnick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Jaras

    Breathing heavily, Jaras looks around and sees that he wasn't the only one with some decent combat training. Smiling he responds to Teffil, "It's not his fault that the Eladari Empire turned there backs on him. He should not be killed for this, it is wrong and he should not do it and should find some reputable work, but I don't believe any of us have the right to kill or even pass judgement on him, unless we were to be put in his boots for just a few hours.

    Placing a few days worth of food and some water at the man's side, Jaras then reaches into his belt pouch and draws out some coin. Opening the Eladrin's hand Jaras places 5 gold in it.

    Alright, I believe we can continue towards our destination, I don't want to waste any more time that we have to. Go ahead and begin, I will catch up with you.

    Letting eveyone get a little bit ahead of him, Jaras attempts to wake the Eladrin up and as he begins to walk away with the Eladrin coming to, Jaras turns back to speak to him. Now, I have spared your life, in hopes you will pass this kindness on. There are plenty of opportunities for you outside the Eladrin Empire. Use the food and coin to head to the next town over and begin searching for your new calling. I don't want to find you here the next time I pass through. And I do not want to hear from anyone else around here that you are still here harassing them or I will come looking for you and not be so gracious.

    Turning and jogging to catch up with his other companions, Jaras leaves the man laying there on the ground.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show


    Made by Arokh


    Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin


    Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir


    Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ArtifexFelicis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    "Fair enough, let's just get going," Anesta replied to the others. She took a moment to wipe her axe on one of the bandit's shirts, wrinkling her nose in disgust at the men. She sheathed her things, and caught up with the others as they all began to walk away.

    "Has there always been such a tax to enter the Eladrin lands, or is it new?" Anesta asked the others.
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.


  20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    I left the Empire long ago, I don't remember, says Michalson, still searching the brigands' bodies. Then he turns to Jaras. So, a son of imperial Myrmidon? I see we've come into a noble company.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kris on a Stick. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kris on a Stick and Zefir, respectively.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Teffil makes a noncomittal grunt. "You have a strange way about you Jaras, but I don't suppose it's a problem. We should get going though, I want to reach Rose Creek by nightfall."

    (I'm giving you a while to wrap up remaining conversation, then I'll post the next action)
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    stupnick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Jaras

    Trying to Catch up with the group, Jaras jogged for a few seconds. Looking around at everyone, and suprised that no one had gotten hurt, except for himself, he just smiled. Well it seems decently well that we are able to handle ourselves in combat if the need should arise again.

    Yes Teffil, I believe we should pick up the pace to get there before night fall. And I may act strange but It's just the views I was raised with.


    Then turning towards Michalson, Jaras speaks, Yes I am, but that is a part of my past I try to leave where it lies. I was told I wasn't disciplined enough to become a Myrmidon myself, so I left to find myself and see if I can learn to keep myself focused.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show


    Made by Arokh


    Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin


    Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir


    Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Michalson waves his hand. Alright, alright. You don't have to tell me your life's story. I'm not overly concerned with the past of people I work with. It just came as a bit of surprise to me.
    ((Also, since Michalson spent a while searching, what did the thugs have?))
    Last edited by Morty; 2008-08-28 at 02:18 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kris on a Stick. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kris on a Stick and Zefir, respectively.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    (The thugs have 27 gold between them. Teffil doesn't ask for a share, so you can divide it between the three of you)

    The loose road you follow starts to cut through some well-tilled farmland and crosses a small river. After stopping to boil some water and refill your waterskins, you continue up a small hill.
    After you crest the hilltop, you reach the outskirts of a village just as the sun starts to set. A sign on the path reads ‘Rose Creek, 2 Miles'.

    The sun starts to set in the distance.
    "Ah, finally," Adiala sighs sweetly. "I think we're just in time."

    Teffil spurs the mount again, and they continue down the hill.
    You continue walking, and crest the hill, and make your way down to the village just past the crest of the hill. A sign near the edge of the village reads, "Rose Creek"

    The village is pleasant, but as you walk the cobblestone paths between the wooden houses, you notice that the streets are completely empty, and every door and window is closed and some are even barred.
    A chilly wind is blowing through the streets, and everything is dead quiet. After a while wandering the streets, you notice a building with the lights on. A shingle hanging on the wall reads “Dancing Rhino”.

    "It's true what they've been saying," Adiala mumbles as you walk through the town, "it's a good thing we got here when we did.
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2008-08-29 at 10:24 PM.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    What's that supposed to mean? Is this some kind of a local party, or someting?
    ((Alright, I'll take 9 gp then.))
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kris on a Stick. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kris on a Stick and Zefir, respectively.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Streetwise checks if you have them


    "Rose Creek is supposedly a nice place, but rumor has it that something bad's been happening at night. Of course, that's not really our problem, fortunately."

    He knocks on the door to the inn, and in a few moments a small slit opens in the middle of the door, and two eyes peer out. Looking you over for a moment, the door then opens, revealing a burly looking human gentlemen with a rough beard and short brown hair. "Greetin's travelers, good to see friendly faces. Hurry in so I can get this door closed back up."
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    stupnick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Jaras

    Seeing the reaction of Teffil and the innkeeper Jaras's interests have been peaked. Stepping into the establishment Jaras glances around and takes in the sights before turn back around to talk to the doorman.

    What seems to be the problem, why so much security for a small town?

    Spoiler
    Show

    no streetwise here, well -1. im not trained so i don't know if i get a roll.. but will roll either way (1d20-1)[9]

    also on the gold, did you split it as we were walking or when we were still with the thugs?
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show


    Made by Arokh


    Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin


    Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir


    Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    The doorman, after locking the door, turns around and circles behind the bar. Several other people are seated at some small tables, mostly humans and also a tiefling, murmuring as you enter.

    The barman raises an eyebrow at your question, "I guess travelers wouldn’t have heard about the problems of our little town. Rose Creek was a nice little place until about a month ago, when we found the body of pickpocket slashed up in an alleyway. At the time, everyone thought that it was just a robbery gone wrong, but over the course of the month, over a dozen more people were found dead, hacked up and robbed blind.”
    He smiles wryly, and leans away from the bar. “The reason you didn’t see a single soul walking the streets tonight is because nobody’s brave or stupid enough to be outside after dark now that the Rose Creek Ripper is out and about."
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2008-09-02 at 06:01 PM.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ArtifexFelicis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    "That is information I kind of wish I knew a few hours ago," replied Anesta. She let her axe rest against an empty chair and goes to the bar. She holds out one of the gold coins to the barkeep. "So, could I get a drink before anything else begins to bother what could be a peaceful night?"

    She looks back at Teffil and Adiala. "Do you still need us for a bit, at least until you give birth?"
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.


  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ArmorArmadillo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Drums in the Moonlight [IC]

    Teffil strokes his chin. "I only knew that something was wrong, I didn't know it was this bad. Yes Anesta, I'll definitely be wanting to keep you three on for a while."

    "You're right to do so," the bartender replies, "Cadorro hasn't done much to help." Teffils eyes pick up at the mention of the name.

    At this point, Adiala listens with an uneasy expression. "Darling, I'm going to bed." Teffil nods and rises to support her. "Get some sleep tonight, we'll be busy tomorrow. Barkeep, put four rooms on my bill, I'll settle them later." He begins leading his wife up the stairs.

    The bartender looks to the three of you. "We have some wine from a local vineyard, it's not much for a city girl like you. A gold piece for a cup if you want some."
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

    Homebrews:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •