New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Stories of Arsoni, chapter 1.-negotiations

When they're not setting the world ablaze, the leaders of the civilized and barbarian nations gather to parley with the enemy. Many applaud this kind of behavior, but we all know they're just waiting to spit their daggers.

Anyway, unless it's a super secret meeting on the forest, negotiate here
    Last edited by alexeduardo; 2008-07-30 at 03:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A-44 A.K.A. The Angel of Retribution A.K.A. The Angel of Revenge A.K.A Angel of Death

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Stories of Arsoni, chapter 1.-negotiations

I pm'd the flattery to LA already.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

As long as we have a thread for this, Schwerzen's "coal for food" deal with Steelflame Industries is approved. This should keep Schwerzen industry in good supply while they're building up the rail infrastructure, which will in turn make exporting food easier.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

To summarize my earlier agreement with Manthus, Libertatia has accepted food and lumber from Agres in exchange for leaving Agressian territory peacefully and raiding the Imperiat instead.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

5. - Top - End - #5

The Seniholmn craft pull up along side the Romano Imperiat, hailing for the right to board. All twilight shields are dropped, and arms lowered to the sea.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

The Romano ships agree and pull up as well, the sharks are kept away from the ships, incase any of the non-were's fell off by accident.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

7. - Top - End - #7

The Seniholmn merchants are dressed in long robes, the lower halves of their faces obscured by silver plated masks. Half elves and Teiflings can be made out of the small crowd, as well as several orcs. The lead speaks

"Greetings fellows! We are the Seniholmn merchant fleet. We noticed you are flying forigen flags. Is there anything you require on your long navel journies?"
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

The majority of the Romano were aquatic Weres, the rest were mostly rats and the occasional wolf, with a few rare examples of more exotic weres. Weresharks, Snakes, Crocodiles, Walruses and Sea Lions, as well as many others can be made out among the crew. The Wererats all look hearty, practically like pirates. Their furs were brown, long, and scraggly, they had scars and many had various limbs or other body parts missing, and their long yellowing teeth are universally sharp. One on the ship, a large Wereshark with what looked like a harpoon wound stepped forward, his dress set him apart as the captain of that ship:

"We are Weres of the Romano Imperiat, this is a merchant fleet as well, and we have come to negotiate with the inhabitants of the island around here, I'm guessing your just such inhabitants, correct?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

The Leader Crovax calmly sips som tea, as the man angerly repies to his flattery.
    "I see. I'am Crovax King of a nearby valley, we are a peaceful nation, and do not go to war unless provoked, andare merely trying to get to know the world outside our rather large valley, I'm sorry if my rather cavalier ways of entrance have offended you, but I needed to have an audience today as I have a set day to return to the valley, so I'm sure a man as important as your self would understand that time is of the essence.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    The majority of the Romano were aquatic Weres, the rest were mostly rats and the occasional wolf, with a few rare examples of more exotic weres. Weresharks, Snakes, Crocodiles, Walruses and Sea Lions, as well as many others can be made out among the crew. The Wererats all look hearty, practically like pirates. Their furs were brown, long, and scraggly, they had scars and many had various limbs or other body parts missing, and their long yellowing teeth are universally sharp. One on the ship, a large Wereshark with what looked like a harpoon wound stepped forward, his dress set him apart as the captain of that ship:

"We are Weres of the Romano Imperiat, this is a merchant fleet as well, and we have come to negotiate with the inhabitants of the island around here, I'm guessing your just such inhabitants, correct?"
    We are of the mountain Seniholmn, but yes, it is on the island. If you would desire such negotiations allow us to set a barter table upon your craft, and we will make our deals with you. What do you have to offer our nation, oh Were's?
    My Current Works

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    The Leader Crovax calmly sips som tea, as the man angerly repies to his flattery.
    "I see. I'am Crovax King of a nearby valley, we are a peaceful nation, and do not go to war unless provoked, andare merely trying to get to know the world outside our rather large valley, I'm sorry if my rather cavalier ways of entrance have offended you, but I needed to have an audience today as I have a set day to return to the valley, so I'm sure a man as important as your self would understand that time is of the essence.
    The Romanis, a massive, old, and scarred werebear, obviously an old and powerful veteran, walked calmly about the room. His movements were those of a powerful predator, a born killer, and an instinctual fighter. Its obvious that, even if he had no weapons, to trifle with this towering, and graying Were, would be a mistake. He growled, low in his throat, a deep and thundering sound, as he began to speak. You could have easily sent a messenger, or told the guards who you were. If you'd told them who you were, they would have sent a messenger, and you would have been allowed in with my blessing. As it stands, I want to know what you found so pressing you needed to see me straight away. His brown-gray form walked over to the Imperial Throne, a colossal affair, even with all of his bulk the Werebear barely filled up 3/4 of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    We are of the mountain Seniholmn, but yes, it is on the island. If you would desire such negotiations allow us to set a barter table upon your craft, and we will make our deals with you. What do you have to offer our nation, oh Were's?
    The Wereshark, Captain Corvan, nodded and he spoke as they came to his ship. "Trading partners, technology, information. I'm sure we could find something that will be agreeable for both of us".
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-07-31 at 01:34 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Crovax laughed a little, but quickly shut himself up.
    "why sir we are a new nation unaccustomed to dealing with others we have not been outside the valley in over 2000 years, if I remember correctly. So You will have to excuse m if I stumble over a racial custom or two, in our land people are free to come, and go from any place as they please, so Long as they are not acting suspicious. Now the entire reason I came here is because me, and my comrades, and I are on a search for other nations to trade, and to ally with. You see our valley may be small but it is rich with the resources, and despite it being rich a valley can only provide so many thing yes? We have made some recent technological discoveries that require much more metal than we can produce, and we are merely out here in this huge, new world to gather said resources, we have no violent intent this is merely a resorce expendition.I understand if you feel like you do not wish to trade, we are the walking dead no? If you wish us to leave we shall, no fuss will be made, we will leave the appropriate offering at the gates in return for your hopitality, and you shall never see us again. Unless of course you request a meeting. " (all this has a heavy Russian accent to it.)
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-07-31 at 01:44 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

The Romanis eyed the newcomer suspiciously. It hardly seems like something as trivial as trade would bring the leader of a whole nation, but as you said our customs are different. We make some metal, but not enough to trade reliably, however we do know of a nation that is rich in metals and such. We will contact them and see if we can arrange a meeting, and perhaps we could act as a relay to benefit of all. I will send a messenger with their response. Now, if that is all, I have many urgent issues to attend to, the conquest in the north, new peoples in the east, negotiations with a powerful northern nation, important thing. I will contact you if we have any luck. The Romanis, having excused the foreigner as politely as he could, slumped back in his throne, and servants hurried to aid the foreign leader.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

The leader gratefully accepted their hjelp playing the part of the diplomat to the fullest, and managed to escape the city with what he considered a happy ending, as they began the long ride home, he considered how war-mongering that nation was. Ineed they were going to have to be prepared against them should things turn sour, they would need to build a great wall out of the natural stone of the mountainous valley, it would have multiple layers to divert soege engines, and the such, he came home to see a lizard man emmisary sitting in his throne he decided to welcome this lizardman with open arms, you can never have to many allies.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Word of mouth, and the odd found posted notice, has spread news of an open port east of the Agres islands. The area is rumoured to be of ill repute but a wealth of goods hard to find in legal markets. The pirate wars in the region have begun to settle, but the port has gained a reputation to hold a wealth of mercenary and freelance men for hire.

Moreover, some channels report the area is nearly disease free and supports miraculous healers. Sailors return from the region to show a working hand where their hook once was. Mercenaries and travels are proud to boast how the healers rid them of scars and returned their youthful vitality.

((Basically, implying you have started to hear about the port through contacts that the region is 1) a great place to hire mercs, 2) a wealthy port, and 3) possesses amazing healers. Feel free to officially or through back channels have agents visit and sample our services.))
    Last edited by Benejeseret; 2008-07-31 at 11:39 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

The Wereshark, Captain Corvan, nodded and he spoke as they came to his ship. "Trading partners, technology, information. I'm sure we could find something that will be agreeable for both of us".

The Mage bows low, a large table being brought from his ship and placed on the deck, a large peice of paper, three odd looking rifles, and a glowing blue box are placed on the table shortly after.

"Before me, Captian, is a written agreement that we have equal trade with the goods we are offering. The rifles are custom made for offlanders, they operate on far more sophisticated levels then any weapondry you hold on the island. These cells, are bio-electric energy cubes, they function in the place of coal and flame, and operate cleanly, producing no pollution."
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Captain Corvan nodded, he waved over a scruffy looking Wererat, who had the pensive, unkempt look of a very busy man. He hurries over, papers in his hands. He handed the papers over to the mage and began to speak quickly.

"Here are documents that we also made, and some of our own equipment for trade. I assume that your rifles run on your own technology, perhaps we could find something to trade for the technology to fuel them"

After the Wererat came two large Weres, a wolf and a crocodile, carrying what looks like a large suit of armor. They put it down and the Wererat poured steam in a chamber in its back. It came jerkily to motion, and walked to stand beside the captain.

18. - Top - End - #18

A mumur runs through mages before their captian speaks.

"Our weapons and goods run on our own technology. We are not opposed in setting a permant camp in your region, under your laws, to fix and supply you with more goods, for the proper trade of course. If you are offering up your clockworks, we can trade you technical improvments for those as well, after we take the proper measures to deconstruct your own. We require food, and resources such as steel and salt."
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

The Captain and the Wererat nod.

"We could find that agreeable. We can supply food, but you might want to look to the Steelfire Industries for metal, they have more mines than us by far"

He points to the map of the island, indicating a large area thats covered in red

"As for the Ferrumilitis" he continues, gesturing toward the walking armor "we would gladly share our knowledge of such things, in exchange for technologies and resources you can provide"

20. - Top - End - #20

It is hard to tell if the captain smiles due to the mask, but his eyes seem to convey a certain level of mirth.

"We are very well aware of the Steelflame Industries, *he poinst to the top most part of the island* We are based there, and have a grand working relationship with the Company. But back to trade no? We would gladly aid in upgrading your... Ferrumilitis. Send this one back with us, and we shall send a merchant ship with the improvements. For such improvements and weapondry, we ask only for food and perhaps favors to be named at another time."

With that, the captain offers forth a large pen
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

The Wererat takes the pen, and upon concluding the agreement only contained what was spoken, signed it.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you, we still sail for Steelflame Industries for trade, but I feel this will be satisfactory for all"

22. - Top - End - #22

The Captain signs the paper as well, giving a formal bow and a copy of the agreement.

"Send our regards to the Industries, and safe travels to you in the waters around our island."

With that, the Seniholmn envoy packs up, and moves on to the main land.
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As the Romano Imperiat ships get closer to the Island, an Airship bearing the insignia of Steelflame Industries approaches them. A Loudspeaker crackles to life:
    "Attention Romano Imperiat Ships, Steelflame Industries has heard of your arrival and is ready to receive you. Please follow us to Omniport Three."

(Note, the next section is assuming LA's ships follow the Airship, if not, all this is invalidated.)
    The Airship takes them towards the mainland where they can see the towering structure of Omniport Three. Ships and Airships are constantly arriving, leaving, loading, unloading, or sitting in various stages of repair and/or construction. A long pier has been designated for them however, and they are guided too it. A neatly dressed Wererat stands on the dock flanked by a pair of Hobgoblins in security forces uniforms. As Capitan Corvan (or whoever) steps off the ship the Wererat smiles.
    "Hello, my name is Giles DuBerry, the Board of Directors appointed me as ambassador to the Imperiat. I was about to set steam when we received word you were coming. I hope the trip was comfortable."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Crovax (my avvie.) welcomes you with hugs, and the hordes finest vodka.
    In honor of meeting the Argres the decide to hold banquet. They're very happy to meet someone who dies'nt discrminate against them becuasee they're undead.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Captain Corvan nodded, and the peevish, scruffy Wererat bustled out behind him.

"The trip was pleasantly uneventful. We are, as I'm sure you are aware, here to trade and negotiate terms to acquire some trading outposts from Steelflame Industries. We hope you will accommodate our requests, as we need as many outposts and fortifications as we can get."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Easter, the first of the ambassadors, states simply "The liquor here is much better than in Agres. More alchohol, less sea water." He takes a long sip. He toasts, "To business!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Crovax nods as he sips the clear Vodka, and says "Well the alcohol is only a part of what goes into our Vodka, the brewing processes alone take over 50 years, and the selection process for the materials takes an additaonal five for a bottle such as this.. But I'm getting side tracked, Easter, in honor of our nations meeting we are going to hold a banquet you yourself are invited as well as any family you are willing to bring, and your leader he is to invited, the banquet will be held in early spring to symbolize the new alliance i hope it will bring."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

"Victant is sure to come. He loves excuses to get away from the palace. He is establishing an agreement with a mercenary colony, known as the Red Sky. They live on the North-Eastern coast. Thankfully, they are not as cutthroat as we supposed, and would never think of killing a possible employer. If things go as expected, they should be earning their keep by Spawning Season, or Spring time, as you say it." Aerosol, a Sahuagin ambassador states loudly. He takes a napkin and begins to sketch a drawing of a ship. "My people have been working on a prototype. Ever since the flying city flew over us, they have been determined to make it. They told us all "Think of the possibilities. The places we would find! Trading would never be easier!" He raises his arms in exclamation, spilling some of his vodka on Easter. Easter elbows him, and Aerosol lowers his arms and grins. Easter takes over, "We will only be staying here for another night before we report back to the council. We are sure to tell Victant and the councillors about the banquet. And thank you for the... vodka." The unfamiliar word comes to his lips with difficulty. Two nights later, the embassadors set off in the small, fast chiropter, heading south.
    Last edited by Manthus; 2008-07-31 at 06:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Captain Corvan nodded, and the peevish, scruffy Wererat bustled out behind him.

"The trip was pleasantly uneventful. We are, as I'm sure you are aware, here to trade and negotiate terms to acquire some trading outposts from Steelflame Industries. We hope you will accommodate our requests, as we need as many outposts and fortifications as we can get."
    DuBurry nods. "Yes, the Board has outlined a specific offer for you. I'll tell you about it somewhere quieter." The Wererat leads the Romano delegation to a conference room overlooking the docks. Food is there.
    "Steelfire Enterprises has a fortified colony near your borders, the mineral veins that it was established to harvest tapped out a few months ago. It is mainly subterranean, can repair and resupply both surface ship and airships, is highly defensible, includes an ore refinery, and contains plenty of warehouse space that could be easily converted. That said, rather than merely sell you this property, we have a different deal in mind.We will give it to you on Indefinite loan in exchange for the right to move cargo through the Imperiat without harassment. Steelfire Industries will provide personnel and security for the outpost, though they will do what you ask of course, and you can assign any additional personnel you wish to the outpost. You maintain control over the outpost so long as our trade shipments are allowed free passage through your territory. How does that arrangement sound to you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Corvan nodded and looked to the shaggy wererat, who looked up at the wereshark and nodded in assent to the agreement. Corvan turned to the Steelflame wererat and spoke.

"This sounds like a good deal to us. However, we should make it clear that we will be checking all goods that come through our nation, whether it is from you, or anyone else, and we will supply some of our own security forces. Its a matter of security and I'm sure you'll understand"