New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Stories of Arsoni, chapter 1.-negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    ((Who does Zlick-Zlick meet with? The Lord general or the High Council or the Secretary of Well-Dressed Kobolds. who?))
    You meet in front of the high council. They question you there.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Manthus View Post
    You meet in front of the high council. They question you there.
    @ Manthus
    The Kobold grins. "Hello, my name is Zlick-Zlick, and I work for Steelfire Industries. I have come here in the hopes of opening up trade with your nation. As we speak your citizens are perusing some consumer-based goods in our floating showroom. However, I brought a second ship, filled with goods that hold much more intrest to a government than to a commoner. I have technologies both civillian and millitary, as well as a small sampling of raw and refined materials. In addition, you could hire expert advisers from us. If you want it, I either have it, or could probably get it for you. All I need to know is what you want, and what you are willing to offer for it."

@ LA

Giles Nods. "Thank you, I shall go and acquire a suitable embassy site immediately. "
    Air Marshal Rockridge raises a hand. "Escuse me your majesty, one more point. My airships require a support base, I brought the materials necessary for such a base with me. Do you have a suitable location where we can establish our airbase?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

The Romanis considers this a moment. "How large will this base be? I can recommend a few locations, choose whichever one seems most fitting" The Romanis gestures and a moment later, a pair of servents of come in with a table, with a map on it. The Romanis stands, towering over the two Steelflame employees. He points a claw at a few points, most of them in the North Eastern region of the Romano territory, all were located near fortresses or castles of the Imperiat, he marked down the locations and handed the map to the air-marshal. "Just make sure to bring security. You'll be close to the border of the Lizardfolk. They don't seem to interested in bothering us, but you can never be to careful"
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

The Kobold grins. "Hello, my name is Zlick-Zlick, and I work for Steelfire Industries. I have come here in the hopes of opening up trade with your nation. As we speak your citizens are perusing some consumer-based goods in our floating showroom. However, I brought a second ship, filled with goods that hold much more intrest to a government than to a commoner. I have technologies both civillian and millitary, as well as a small sampling of raw and refined materials. In addition, you could hire expert advisers from us. If you want it, I either have it, or could probably get it for you. All I need to know is what you want, and what you are willing to offer for it."
    "We have never heard of...Steelfire Industries before now. I am Councillor Ottomattika, Baron of Sahuagin, and Head Inventor. The Imperiat has technology we can only dream of, and considers us unfit and primitive to use it. We refuse to talk to them because of this." He pauses. "We will see what you have to offer." His gills quiver on his neck in nervousness. The other councillors nod. Lord General Victant raises his head, "Show us."
    Last edited by Manthus; 2008-08-01 at 12:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Zlick Zlick Smiles.

"Of Course, I'll start with a small demonstration. "
    He pulls out a whistle and blows into it, outside the door another whistle is heard. Then, a noise can be heard outside. Before long a human in a flight suit enters the chamber, holding a box.
    The Kobold begins speaking "This is Paul, he was piloting a Zx-23 "Sparrow" personal airship, it is currently parked outside. The Sparrow is fast and maneuverable, perfect for scouting, delivering messages, and the like. I have twenty of them onboard my ship. This is merely the smallest airship model Steelfire Industries can offer you. It has room for a pilot, a navigator, and some cargo."
    At this last word Zlick-Zlick opens the box and pulls out an easel and a roll of paper, he puts the paper on the easel and unrolls it, revealing sketches of a rifle.
    "This is a picture of the Spiker-II Rifle. It fires these" Zlick holds up an inchlong metal spike "At high velocity. It's tough, durable, and packs a punch. The Weapon of Choice for Steelfire Industries security forces for five years*, it's an ideal way to arm a millitary. Paul has one in his blimp, we didn't bring it in here for obvious reasons, but I would be happy to give a demonstration later. And I have two hundred of them onboard my ship, with the ability to get more from the homeland."
    The Kobold pauses to see how the council responds.

* Steelfire Industries security forces currently use Spiker-III's, Klick-Klick didn't say they were CURRENTLY using them, just that they were used for five years. So he's not a liar, just a salesman.

@ LA

The Air Marshal nods. "Don't worry, we've brought a security compliment of infantry, two Arachs, and a pair of Steelhounds. The Lizardfolk won't give us any trouble, That site looks good" The Marshal picks the site closest to the Schwerzen border. "If the Pirates are hitting Swearsden* we'll want to be nearby." With that he salutes and turns to leave.
    * That is how he pronounced it. He's a millitary man, not a diplomat.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-08-01 at 01:29 PM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Zlick Zlick Smiles.

"Of Course, I'll start with a small demonstration. "
    He pulls out a whistle and blows into it, outside the door another whistle is heard. Then, a noise can be heard outside. Before long a human in a flight suit enters the chamber, holding a box.
    The Kobold begins speaking "This is Paul, he was piloting a Zx-23 "Sparrow" personal airship. The Sparrow is fast and maneuverable, perfect for scouting, delivering messages, and the like. I have twenty of them onboard my ship. This is merely the smallest airship model Steelfire Industries can offer you. It has room for a pilot, a navigator, and some cargo."
    At this last word Zlick-Zlick opens the box and pulls out an easel and a roll of paper, he puts the paper on the easel and unrolls it, revealing sketches of a rifle.
    "This is a picture of the Spiker-II Rifle. It fires these" Zlick holds up an inche long metal spike "At high velocity. It's tough, durable, and packs a punch. The Weapon of Choice for Steelfire Industries security forces for five years*, it's an ideal way to arm a millitary. Paul has one in his blimp, we didn't bring it in here for obvious reasons, but I would be happy to give a demonstration later. And I have two hundred of them onboard my ship, with the ability to get more from the homeland."
    The Kobold pauses to see how the council responds.

* Steelfire Industries security forces currently use Spiker-III's, Klick-Klick didn't say they were CURRENTLY using them, just that they were used for five years. So he's not a liar, just a salesman.
    Ottomatikka motions for you to wait. He comes back several minutes later followed by several frail Sahuagins. "This is the Inventors Board. They have toiled for days on end, barely resting. Ever since the floating city flew over they have worked on this." He holds up blueprints for a crude airship," We will pay any amount you want if you can teach us how to make them. They would like to see the airship's engine room. They promise that they wont break or steal anything." Victant jumps in, "Me and my generals are willing to buy enough spikers to outfit our Red Guardsmen, as well as our Deadbolts. Thats 6,000 troops in total. We can sell you our splinter rifle technology if you would like. We'll call it a trade and throw in whatever seems reasonable. Our weapons are made to pierce armour and make them bleed. The generals will go, but I will stay here. The inventors will see the airships." He pauses, "Ever since our nation was broken, we have strode forwards to the future. We thank you again, and we agree to continue trade with you." The split into two groups and go to the two seperate ships.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Augustus III nods, his scarred shaggy head bobbing for a moment.

"Thats as good a spot as any, if you want I can send some workers to help you build, we have some spare workforce that needs something to do, and I can't really afford to put any more of the workforce into the military. As for the Lizardfolk, they've never really had much to do with us, but there are stirrings in the east, and Rominar knows what they might be planning"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Zlick nods.
    "of course, Paul, show these gentle lizards the sparrow. I'll arrange to have some Airship Engineers sent from the homeland, along with another Five thousand eight hundred Spiker guns. I'll give you the two hundred I brought with me to you now while you arrange your payment. My Appraisers will examine your technologies and goods, then assign a value to them."

Paul takes the board of inventors to the "Sparrow", it's a small airship, so it dosn't really have an engine room so much as it has an engine on the back, but the pilot dutifully shows it to the Sahuagins.
    "Here it is, once the engineers get here from the homeland they'll be able to tell you how it works, how to build em, and how to make em bigger. Chances are, you'll get to poke around inside a Cloudcarg."

@ LA

The Air marshal stops and turns."We brought some engineers and a few excavators, but some more helping hands will make things go alot quicker. Yeah, if you could send the laborers over that would be great. Thank you."

He then salutes again and heads back to the airships, one of the CloudCarg's (The smaller one) stays and begins unloading the necessary equipment for the Embassy. Ambassador Duberry buys a suitable location and before long work has begun. The Other ships go to the assigned point an unload. They tie up some tall stakes for Airships to moor at, they clear ground for a landing field, set up defensive positions, ect. The Arachs and the Steelhounds move to cover the perimeter, while the Excavators stay and do their work preparing the camp.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-08-01 at 01:56 PM.
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Zlick nods.
    "of course, Paul, show these gentle lizards the sparrow. I'll arrange to have some Airship Engineers sent from the homeland, along with another Five thousand eight hundred Spiker guns. I'll give you the two hundred I brought with me to you now while you arrange your payment. My Appraisers will examine your technologies and goods, then assign a value to them."

Paul takes the board of inventors to the "Sparrow", it's a small airship, so it dosn't really have an engine room so much as it has an engine on the back, but the pilot dutifully shows it to the Sahuagins.
    "Here it is, once the engineers get here from the homeland they'll be able to tell you how it works, how to build em, and how to make em bigger. Chances are, you'll get to poke around inside a Cloudcarg."
    "The majority of of our councillors see this as a good deal. We accept this offer. We are aware that those mangy curs to our west see us as barbaric, and uncivilized. We see them as rigid and uncaring. We do not want war, but with this technology, we will be ready when they attack. If it is possible, we would like a map of the places you know, so we may understand our surroundings. We will send members of our Ambassadors Guild back to Steelflame with you to send trade information between our nations. We hope this will be a productive agreement. You are free to stay here as long as you like." Victant waves, "Good day." and walks to the council chamber to discuss another matter.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    For Ascenion

The Merchant hails the airship, requesting a docking method so they may board, and show off their wares.
    Hovering low above the ship, the Terra Incognita drops down several rope ladders. They also drop lifeboats into the water on both sides of the merchant ship. If the pirates purchase anything that is ready for immediate delivery, it can be loaded into the boats and retrieved via a system of pulleys.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

11. - Top - End - #71

The Merchants bow to the sky pirates, extending a hand, showing they are not armed.

Esteemed Captians! Welcome welcome! We have a deal we would like to discuss with you, i bleieve it will be mutually benifical, for both you, and the home island of Llyn. We are aware of your policy on with Steelflame, and while we can not speak for them, we would very much like to work around this, perhaps even...change your mind on raids against the island?

We offer up some of our newest technological weapondry. From the Were-nation, we have steam powered armor's, while not useful in the air....ground raids would benifit most significanly from such armors no? And from the air, we have developed long range concussion cannos, specificaly for trade with you. No other nation has such improvements on this technology, save of course for the Steelflame.

What we would like to propose, is a single of your air ships, and a standing treaty of nonagression with the island of Llyn. If you accept, we shall make certain Steelflame hostilities are reduced against you, and we shall create a weapon's system for your castle the likes of which no other nation in this world has seen the likes of!"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

12. - Top - End - #72

BlueWizardGirl

Captain Mission smiles, his grin revealing the absence of several of his teeth. Gold shines in their place.

"I believe I have the support of Libertatia when I say that we agree with your terms. I cannot promise that you won't be troubled by any air pirates, but none who call themselves Libertatians will violate your island's airspace. I will call for one of my personal airships, the LAS Belladonna, to be transferred to your ownership. In exchange you agree to outfit this, the pride of my fleet, the Terra Incognita, with these exotic technologies you mentioned. Well bargained! You give me the technologies to bring chaos to the world, yet bar that chaos from your shores. As anarchy spreads, you profit off of the conflict it generates. Meanwhile, just in case we go back on our words, you reverse-engineer our own airships, improving them in the process, I'm sure, and by the time we arrive we'll be met with a mirror fleet... like us but better, faster, stronger. Brilliant bargaining, I say!"

He reaches out a hand.

"I like you, boy. I accept your deal. How soon can you deliver?"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Captain Mission smiles, his grin revealing the absence of several of his teeth. Gold shines in their place.

"I believe I have the support of Libertatia when I say that we agree with your terms. I cannot promise that you won't be troubled by any air pirates, but none who call themselves Libertatians will violate your island's airspace. I will call for one of my personal airships, the LAS Belladonna, to be transferred to your ownership. In exchange you agree to outfit this, the pride of my fleet, the Terra Incognita, with these exotic technologies you mentioned. Well bargained! You give me the technologies to bring chaos to the world, yet bar that chaos from your shores. As anarchy spreads, you profit off of the conflict it generates. Meanwhile, just in case we go back on our words, you reverse-engineer our own airships, improving them in the process, I'm sure, and by the time we arrive we'll be met with a mirror fleet... like us but better, faster, stronger. Brilliant bargaining, I say!"

He reaches out a hand.

"I like you, boy. I accept your deal. How soon can you deliver?"
    The Captain is afforded the most rare and honorable chance to gaze on the full face of a member of the Vanhoom as he laughs

"We can deliver immediatly! Your praise is returned to you ten fold my sky brother! Please, allow us to throw a feast to commemorate such a bountiful union! Your ship shall be the terror of the skies! Only the Fleet of Seniholmn shall dwarf it in its greatness, an honor no mainland empire can brag! You shall be able to spread your anarchy to them as you see fit! At any time! At any place!"

And so food from afar was brought above ground, and offered to the sky pirates in honor of their deal.
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #74

BlueWizardGirl

Mission happily feasts with his benefactors. The deal is sealed.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75

The Vanhoom envoies request a meeting with the board of directors of the Steelflame Industries, offering up a virtual mile of goods for simple entry.
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As the Vanhoom Arrive at Clearwater bay, they are immedietally shown to Corprate Headquarters, and the audience chamber of the Board of Directors, where an appropriate number of very comfortable chairs are placed for the Vanhoom. The Board sit behind high desks. President Arthur Zigoli sips from his coffee mug before speaking.
    "Greetings Vanhoom, and welcome to Corprate Headquarters. What brings you here today?"
    [/Center]

17. - Top - End - #77

The Vanhoom sit, save one. He is dressed far nicer then the others, his mask a solid gold, compared to the common iron seen in the crowd. His voice though muffled is loud, cutting through the air like a gun shot

"Greetings, great and mighty leaders of the Steelflame Industies. It pleases us to meet you in person, rather then through envoys. We would not do so without reason, as you know. And this reason is grand, sweeping, and benifical for us all of the island of Llyn. We have currently worked out an agreement with the sky pirates that harass this island, to cease all war time attacks, while directing them to the mainland. Also, on the mainland, more war is brewing. We have decerned that it will not remain there. We ask your co-operation for sea based defense platforms, along the entirety of Llyn. We would also ask that our nonagression treaty be reworked, into one of mutual defense and war. We understand you do not trust us, and long have our nations glared at one another over the barrel of a gun, but we the Vanhoom, nay the entire nation of Seniholmn would like this to cease! To end such fearful practices, and forge a united Llyn!"
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

There is much muttering amongst the Board. President Zigoli Bangs his gavel for order.
    "The Board must deliberate, we will return shortly, in the meantime please enjoy some refreshment."
    Servants enter the chamber with food and drinks while the board returns to the much more private confrence room. After about half an hour, they return and Zigoli speaks.
    "The Board has agreed to accept your proposals, Security Chief Zigrati will coordinate with your millitary in the construction of the defensive platforms. As for the air pirates, we will cease our attacks, though we retain the right to operate under mercenary contract to foreign powers, and of course to defend our shipments. As for the treaty of mutual defense and war, the Board has agreed to that."
    A human woman in millitary uniform with seven chain links sown into her collar and a heft collection of medals stands up.
    "Escuse me honored Vanhoom, but I would like to begin work on planning the defense platforms and preparing force integration doctrines as soon as possible. To do so, I will need to speak to your chief millitary commander."
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #79

The Vanhoom remain where they are, quite laughter rippling through them.

"We speak for all of the Vanhoom, *the Vanhoom indicates the lower face mask* Please, speak as you will, all will be convied and related back to you."
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The Security Cheif shrugs.
    "Very well, I'll need a list of your forces and what resources you are prepared to commit to this Defense platform project, then one of you should head down to Crater Canyon to talk with our millitary engineers about incorporating our two technologies. Fighting together is different than just fighting on the same side. We'll need to figure out the best way to use our forces if the island does come under attack."

The President nods. "Well said Anna, we'll need to make that happen. But for now, let me propose a toast to the newly formed Llyian Alliance, may it last for a long and prosperous age."
    [/Center]

21. - Top - End - #81

The Vanhoom join the toast, somehow managing to drink past their face masks, much to the humor of the rest of the assembled.

"Our current numbers include one sky ship, 6 moblie farshots, 30 non-mobile farshots, 20 garrisons of rangedmen, and clockworks that can be convereted to war should the need arise. We also have a large hive of what we title the clockwork horrors underneath the island. We shall send a full complement to your Crater Canyon, and shall improve the rail-tech for faster movement. We shall have a detailed list of all we are working on within a month."
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The security chief nods.
    "Right, I'll get my people working with those numbers immediately. Send that list to Crater Canyon with your envoys, chief engineer briggs will understand it better than I will."
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #83

The Vanhoom raise off their chairs, bowing deeply to the council

"We shall travel there in a months time. May we prosper forever."
    My Current Works

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

In the search for mercenaries, it has come to the attention of the Imperiat that there is a group of soldiers residing in a castle in the mid-region of the continent. Emissaries are sent to the castle to attempt to hire these soldiers. A small line of soldiers, and one diplomat carrying the white flag, approach the city.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    In the search for mercenaries, it has come to the attention of the Imperiat that there is a group of soldiers residing in a castle in the mid-region of the continent. Emissaries are sent to the castle to attempt to hire these soldiers. A small line of soldiers, and one diplomat carrying the white flag, approach the city.
    Who approaches the gates of Manzano Castle?
    we are in the middle of the knight night, what do you interrupt us for?
    Spoiler
    Show
    A-44 A.K.A. The Angel of Retribution A.K.A. The Angel of Revenge A.K.A Angel of Death

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

The diplomat, a well-dressed Werewolf with a fine silver coat, calls up to the guard. We heard that you work as mercenaries from time to time, we have come to offer you a job with good pay.

27. - Top - End - #87

The gates open and a troll with red warpaint greets them

Come, we are in the middle of choosing our new champion

the soldier shows them the way to a small tower, from were they can see the whole castle.
    From there, they can notice 10 armed troll warriors fighting and ambushinbg each other all over town as evryone else watches atop similar towers
    Spoiler
    Show
    A-44 A.K.A. The Angel of Retribution A.K.A. The Angel of Revenge A.K.A Angel of Death

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

The Diplomat nods. All Imperiat citizens are trained in the art of war for a time, so that they can serve in miltias if need be, and this Were is trained to understand differing cultures. So your best fighters compete to see who is the best?

29. - Top - End - #89

yes, and the last one that remains standing will be knighted.

He says this as one of the soldier sets off a hidden gunpowder bomb

clever...
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

The Werewolf nods Indeed he turns to the troll So, I assume we shall be discussing the issue of hiring afterward, correct?