New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Civil war, Gyradan

In the country of Daraccia it has always been so that the Eldest son of the king, be it bastard or rightborn, is to inherit the throne. When the late king Arwul died Prince Erwind declared himself Crown-prince and started preparations for his crowning. But then merely a few days before the crowning a young man came to the castle claiming to be a bastard son of the late king and claimant to the throne! He even had proof to back it up!
    There was one thing, however, who made even Erwinds fiercest enemies shift. The man was half black dragon.
    Erwind had the man beaten and exiled to the swamplands in the western parts of the realm, and was crowned king a week later.

Rumors of what had happened spread and many men and women of stature thought that what the King had done was wrong. and that the half-dragon should be king regardless of his ... black half. The king would have none of this and made all talk about it illegal.

three years later a medium sized army or goblins, orcs, hobgoblins and humans attacked the castle Korag-Urut.

Many people rallied to Gyradan's banner. Young Knights with ideals of honour and justice, people who simply didnt like Erwind, People which held the law above all else and people who was considered monsters by humanity and was promised better lives by Gyradan. as time passed he also got the assistance of the Drow pirates, the Kobolds and even a few tieflings! the halflings still remain neutral.

On the other side of the war, King Erwind and his followers knew that the relam could never be given to a half-dragon. a half BLACK dragon! he would make the realm a living hell for humans and invade the neighboring countries! And gods know what evils he would unleash upon the world.
    Many shared the views of their king, and even some beyond his borders. The dwarfs and the elves of S'az-kaz, the cervidals, the centaurs and even the Thri-keen who lived south-east of Daraccia came to help.

the halflings remains neutral.

Now, both Gyradan and King Erwind is each organizing their own group of elite commandos to sabotage their enemy and subtly break them down!
    They would accept only the best of the best and YOU have answered the summons. gold, glory, justice, honour or whatever other reason you might have, YOU will fight to the bitter end for your king!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are being led through the Castle of Crag-kar by Gyradans Sheildbearer, a huge purple skinned ogre like creature, clad in chainmail and steel plates and brandishing a huge greatsword. He leads you to a huge door where a knight waits. "continue in. he's impatient." he says to you. You look at him with wonder, for he bears the mark of the silver lion on his chest, but it has two long gashes, as if someone sliced it on the middle. "very well. in yeh go." the giant rumbles and opens the massive doors.
    You enter and the door is closed behind you. In front of you is a large stone throne, where Gyradan the half dragon himself sits. on his left side is a female Drow, and on the right a tired looking human male. both have steel armour, but the drows armour appear to be made with style in mind and not efficiency.
    "Ah, yes... my elite team..." Gyradan sighs "Zazalemal, you have allready a reputation here... Ahuhi, who's mind is mightier than the sword... Cadolin, who's fists can bring down a fully armed knight... And Adrius! Our exotic assassin"
    "ninja." the tired looking human corrects.
    "whatever. i must confess that i am QUITE eager to put you all to use." he hisses gleefully, and picks his teeth with the long claw-like weapon that is built into his gauntlets. "How do you feel about doing some harassment?"

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Shademan; 2008-09-05 at 02:27 PM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Civil war, Gyradan

Ahuhi yawns loudly, seeming to settle into his robes.

"So long as my pay check increases, I don't care what I do. Your the one footing the bill in the long run"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-08-02 at 12:19 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

"A true mercenary. i like that. as long as you remain loyal" Gyradan said it in a casual tone but the threat was obvious to anyone with working ears. "but what if i say that you were to harm the elven community?"
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

4. - Top - End - #4

Ahuhi laughed, and lazily waved a hand in the air, as if to dismiss the question.

"You pay me, i stay loyal and do what you ask, its as simple as that."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-08-02 at 12:19 PM.
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cadolin

Cadolin makes a slight bow. Adjusting his robe he speaks in a calm focused tone.

"I live to serve, lord. What do you need done?"
    Last edited by Faithless; 2008-08-02 at 12:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"you wouldnt be here if i suspected otherwise." he hissed with a ...smile... atleast you hope it was a smile.
    "Ah, yes. what i need done... the elves need to be thought a lesson. and i reckon this will be a perrrrfect warm up mission, my dear Cad. can i call you Cad?"
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-02 at 12:23 PM.

on M&B:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cadolin

"As you wish."
    Last edited by Faithless; 2008-08-02 at 12:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"it almost sounds like Cat. i have always wanted a cat but they seem to hate me..." Gyradan mused
    "Gyradan." the human to his right said with clear annoyance in his voice.
    "ah, yes, Ahem. you all know where the elven city is right?"

on M&B:

9. - Top - End - #9

Ahuhi sighs lightly, rubbing his temples

"We are not like the rest of your army Lordling. Of course we know the route to this city. What exactly would you have us do? Burn it down? Beat their children? Be the boogie men for them?"
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"you can be boogie men?" Gyradan asks in a way to serious and eager tone. "oh for the love of..." The human whispers to himself Gyradan coughs, small puffs of sulphurus gases pours out from his nostrils, "In exactly one day and ten hours a carriage will leave the elven city. in it, is the Elf kings daughter. i want you to state a example..." Gyradan runs a hand trough his beard (or whatever it is that grows there) and smiles "this shouldnt have been happening at all, but due to a small error we must do this." the Drow and human exchanges looks (attempt a sense motive those who care) "INDEED" Gyradan continues "do whatever you want to the elven princess. kill her, beat her or whatever. i dont care! as long as the king learns a lesson!" Gyradan took a deep breath. green smoke rose from his nostrils. "does that answer your question?"
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-02 at 01:56 PM.

on M&B:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Adrius seems a bit agitated at the request of the "King" I'm sure by now that you're familiar with my policy regarding my targets....Gah, maybe we can just hold her for ransom.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

12. - Top - End - #12

"I will take her as my payment for this mission, team willing. They can do anything they want with her when we bring her back here."
    My Current Works

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Bad idea, you do that and you'll have the elves on you constantly. You'd be suprised at how developed their tracking abilities are.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"well, preferably it should be something abit more....fast paced. y'know..." Gyradan says and scratched his chin.

ooc: no sense motive?

on M&B:

15. - Top - End - #15

Sense motive

(1d20+6)[15]

I care little for their tracking ability, If i was concerned about that i would hardly be -here- right now. You wanted to hold her ransom, thus your theory would garner the same results no? Think your plans through."
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

If all you want is a warning then I have better idea. I'll stick the old king with a bit of poison. Nothing lethal of course, a bit of vomitting and some extra time spent in his royal crapper.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-08-02 at 03:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"no no no" Gyradan hisses calmly "we must strike at his family. he is brave, and fear not his own death. but his family.... thats why he is having her sent away. to keep her safe." He then suddenly strike his fist at the chairs arm rest, breaking of a chunk " AND WE WILL SHOW HIM! his family is not safe... ANYWHERE!"

Spoiler
    Show

15. thats JUST enough.
    you feel alot of tension between the drow and human. it ranges from confusion to hostility but there is also something else... hard to describe... but it feels grey...

on M&B:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Grr...fine. I'll figure something out.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"hmm. yes. maybe you should ask the rest of the group. they prolly' have some ideas." Gyradan mused. "well, i have other things to do. My Strategos will brief you further. i'll take my leave now." and with those words, Gyradan strode out of his halls.
    "right..." the human says "ride to Lurun. if you stick to the roads it should take half a day. you can rest for a short while there before continiuing. cross the bridge and lay in wait where the road makes a slight turn(by map standards) towards the river." he yawns and the drow walks out a side door without a word "yeeaah.... i think thats it..."
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-02 at 04:16 PM.

on M&B:

20. - Top - End - #20

Ahuahi smirks to himself, wrapping up one of the multiple scarves hanging from his neck across his face, muffling his voice.

"Very well, we wait for the others then, we'lll discuss payment when we return."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-08-02 at 04:43 PM.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"well thats rather obvious..." the strategos yawns

on M&B:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Zazalemal leans insolently against the wall, admiring the view as the drow female departs. "You know what would really upset the elves? Their princess bearing a half-drow bastard." He grins wickedly. A dark shimmer briefly envelops his hand and his voice takes on an eager note; his eyes gleam. "If we're to ambush her carriage tomorrow, we don't have time to dally here."
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

" heh... she cant be any worse than the drow women..." the strategos laughs "aah...shouldnt have said that... well. as said. its your choice. i assume youre all ready..."

on M&B:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

True but that would take too long. I've got an idea of my own, but we should really get going. Adrius leaves the room to get on his way.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"YES! your mounts are ready at the gate! HURRY!"

on M&B:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Pfft, slow ponies. I'd like to see them move throught the trees even half as fast as I do.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Zazalemal slips his goggles down from his forehead to cover his eyes as he heads outside. Gripping the pommel of his saddle, he vaults up onto his horse in a single smooth motion. He turns his mount toward the road, then leans down over the animal's neck and digs in his heels, bringing it swiftly to a gallop, letting his cloak and hair stream behind him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

DM DECISION!
    you ride hard and long .... gods that sounded SO wrong! and the wolfman runs...
    after hours of this you reach the town of Lurun, the city guards greet you at the gates. "HAIL! LIVE GYRANDAN!" the other guy, somewhat older and more experienced says "ease down boyo. whotsthis? hrmm... oh... i know you.... heh... PASS!" the gate opens...

on M&B:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that was uneventful. Let's rest up and get moving, we can't spend too much time here.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

"Bah. Not enough time to get drunk and run down a skirt. I hate having my first visit to a city under such a time constraint. I can't properly enjoy it. We may as well find a table somewhere and start planning."
    Spoiler
    Show