New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civil war, Gyradan

Adrius...Kel'Reth. And im sorry to ask but would you know of any decent inns?
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

"here, in the elven lands? well we dont really have any INNS, so to say. The very few people who ever stay here usually stay with friends." the king taps the railing for some seconds "hm, maybe you can stay with Dirhan, the guard you talked to first..."
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

No its quite alright. I've been too much of a burden anyway. Your daughter should be fine. The "poison" was only a numbing agent. He says as he begins to leave. ((Unless something stops me from doing so)) Adrius heads to the outskirts of town to make camp, heading back to Gyradan the next morning.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

"yes, offcourse. thank you, and farewell." no one tries to stop you but when you make your camp you get the feeling that youre being watched...
    prolly just some elves in the bushes...
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Zazalemal's tone hardens. " I believe that the puppy is still alive, but none of the others survived the ambush. Useless fools made me do the work of four. Fortunately for you, killing light elves is such pleasant work." He relaxes his stance, clasping his hands behind his back. "Assuming I run across dogboy again, do you wish to retain his services?"
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, offcourse! He was so funny looking. hehehe." Gyradan grins "anyways. My Strategos have a new mission for you, let us listen to what he have to say, shall we?" the strategos walks into the center of the room and yawns, he give a short ice cold glare to the drow ambassador before turning to the commandos.
    "the dwarfs are finishing a secret weapon. I fear that Erwind will use this to ruin my planned siege. find it and destroy it."

on M&B:

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

"Ooh, a new toy? It would never do for that to fall into the enemy's hands. Do you have any information on where or what it is?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

"well it is in the dwarven halls. getting in might be tricky... but i have...faith...in you..." the strategos says with a yawn

on M&B:

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

"I can manage. What am I looking for once I'm inside?"
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

"We're not sure. but it is likely to be huge and very dangerous looking, it is meant to be demoralizing and terrible to behold on a battlefield. ... i think..." The strategos says with a grimace.

on M&B:

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Zazalemal raises his hands to massage his temples. "Right. Is there anything else I should know, or shall I get to work?"
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

"the dwarfs might be grumpy. make sure they dont see you to soon. and you might want to rest some hours before you go?" the strategos says and rubs his eyes.
    ------------
    wolfieboy will reach the castle in five hours if he runs and takes shortcuts.
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-09-10 at 01:56 PM.

on M&B:

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Late in the afternoon, Adrius finally arrives back at Gyradans headquarters, entering the "throne room" with a light grin on his face. Well Gyradan, looks like I have some good news regarding the elves.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk the exiled]

Aresk looks up from hi postision of silence with a slightly insane grin, things were getting interesting now.
    "What news may that be?"

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

gyradan claps his ha-...er...claws once "ooh, the dog is back! and he has something for me... pray tell!"

on M&B:

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

We need some of your blood... He pauses for a moment realizing he didn't make much sense. I decided to let the princess off with a bump on the head and had an unusually pleasant conversation with her father...by the way, they elves make very good cookies. Anyway, as it turns out, theres an altar beneath Erwin's castle. Put in a bit of your blood and some water and it will show them whether or not your are the true heir to the throne. He looks at the drow Ambassador Also if you have some time later on, I've also gained some insight as to why the light elves continue to fight with you. He turns his attention back to the new arrivals. And who might they be?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

"aaaah...the altar... they denied me the right the first time...." Gyradan muses for himself "hrmm...yes... this have turned out quite to my advantage." he hisses gleefully "if you, my commandos, can get a vial of my blood to that shrine and back i will make you all dukes when I controll this land!" Gyradan growls loudly and crush parts of his throne in excitement "haah...yes...ahem. These are my newest addition to our group... A duregar lurk! and a elf, who is beautiful on the inside."

"but the elves are easy pickings. We earn alot on looting and pirating against them." the ambassador sneers to you.

on M&B:

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Melcant the exiled((got a slight char mix up.))
    Melcant look up a slightly insane smile on his face, and bows to the dog man.
    "A pleasure to find another who seeks to put the true ruler of this land in power."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Frankly elf, I don't really care who wins. Gyradan just happens to pay more than the other guy.

((I'm too tired right now for a coherent post. I'll post again when I wake up.))

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

"COUGH... yeeaah...pay..." Gyradan mumbles while his strategos teps up again "WHOA WHOA WHOA! hold it there one second! this changes everything! I have to reconsider strategies, plan new ones and... the siege... this can all go so very well! so perfect! I might have to stay awake for another week but damn this will be great!" the strategos says, waving his arms around "and you keep your tricks and your drows away this time." he says coldly to the ambassador.

on M&B:

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Zazalemal, after resting, retrieves his mount from the stable and begins traveling toward the dwarven halls. ((As an elf, 4 hours is all I need, so I would have been departing at about the time Adrius arrived in town.))
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

you would actually be likely to meet him on the road.

on M&B:

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

((*crickets crickets* Hello? Anyone there?))

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrafnar Steelshadow

A deep monotonal bass comes from nearby. "Did someone say something about drow? I'd be a much better option."

The speaker stands about four-and-a-half feet tall. His lean body -- most would say emaciated body, especially for a dwarf, and given the proportions of his body, he definitely was one of the stout folk -- gives him a predatory appearance. Further accentuating the predatory look is the dusky skin, cold black eyes and long -- almost beak-like -- nose, which looks as if it had been broken and poorly healed many times.

A pair of goggles hang around his neck, their smoked lenses are affixed to a stretchy canvas that looks like it ties around the back of the head. A wide-brimmed leather hat sits atop an obviously bald head, though a short but thick iron gray beard is the only hair to be seen upon the man's head.

A black traveler's cloak hangs from his shoulders. Under the cloak, protecting the man's torso, is a shirt of mithral chain. A bulge under the cloak hides most of a well-worn, but sturdy leather pack.

A strongly muscled right hand grasps the haft of a well-crafted scythe. Affixed to the head of the scythe is a transparent black crystal, which seems to glow with a sickly, inner light. The butt of the scythe rests against the right boot of a pair. Multiple brass buckles run from the ankle to the top of the calf on these finely crafted, black leather boots.

Stuck into the man's belt is a heavy pick, in easy reach if needed.
    The dwarf seemed to resemble a raven, if nothing else.

"I believe you wished to see me, Lord?" he inquires.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

"ah, yes the drow kinda ran off..." Gyradan muses "well, you heard the mission yesterday i reckon. DOGGIE! ELFIE! and you duregar...GET TO THE STABLES AND FOLLOW THE DROW!" Gyradan growls with a grin.

on M&B:

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Adrius sighs and heads towards the stables. Gyradan, I wish to discuss my payment when I return. He continues walking.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

"...yes...payment..." Gyradan nods and waves you away.
    "Strategos! give me our budget."

on M&B:

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Adrius exit the throne room with the two new guys walking near him. So...what are you two here for? I just came for a bit of action and to make some quick coin.

((Arise Chicken, ARISE!))
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-09-27 at 12:14 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Zazalemal slowly wakes up. His head aches, and he doesn't recognize either of the women next to him. He staggers over to the washbasin and splashes water over his face, cursing the room for its haphazard spinning. He dresses slowly before departing and leaves the inn without paying for the room. Upon reaching the stable, he saddles his mount, thanking whatever gods happen to be listening for his sundark goggles, and pulls the hood of his cloak low to further shade his eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Adrius once again forsakes a mount for his more maneuverable self. He paces easily on a fence near Zanz. Heh, rough night?