Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 108
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crazedloon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default To Hell and Back Again[a]

    The group:
    Vadina Arnet Gardner (callix)
    Bariis Fenwolf Don the Bastard
    Raven wiz
    Emadgar Mycerild Rettu Skcollob
    Cirrus Achenar cbdb
    Sheera Maenru flashlight

    The OOC

    You have done as the vision said and you have traveled to the base of the hellgate mountains. The first to arrive set up camp and waited. Soon he was joined by more. As the days passed the group grew. Each night each individual dreams the same dream. The individual standing before you telling you that you must wait. Then just as you attempt to ask "wait for what?" the prophet is devoured by demons.

    However tonight the dream is different the profit tells you that you shall wait no longer awake and prepare for the day because today you enter the mountains and perhaps hell itself. As you wake up and do your morning routine a single figure appears just outside you camp and she enters calmly. And asks

    "Are you all ready for your final great task?"
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2008-08-04 at 09:46 AM.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Sheera

    Just as the figure enters the camp, Sheera rolls up her bedroll and puts it into her backpack, her curly black hair bouncing as she tries to fit it inside.

    Blasted extradimensional space, I knew I had to pack less...

    Upon hearing the guest speaking, her head jolts up and watches the figure warely with her green eyes.

    Seems friendly, but I know best what illusions can cause, so better be careful

    With a slight movement, she puts a hand on her crossbow.

    "Who are you?"
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-02 at 08:43 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Raven

    Raven steps from behind a tree, having been awake for some time now. "I would assume that would be the prophet... but what do you mean about our final great task?"
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Don the Bastard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tamworth Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Bariis

    CRACK... CRACK... CRACK... KERASH.

    Bariis walks into the camp, dusty off her hands, knuckles bleeding slightly, she wraps her hands in cloth and approaches the stranger. (She has no belongings to pack up)

    "I am ready for him, if he calls to me"
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-02 at 09:22 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Montreal

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Cirrus

    Cirrus rises and crosses his armor-clad arms. His eyes dart from the new figure to those speaking to him and back, saying nothing.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Rettu Skcollob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    One Step Beyond
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    [Bollocks, sorry I'm late, didn't check GitP yesterday]

    Emadgar rises from his pallet irritably, replacing the red-embossed leather-bound volume he had been writing in previously in his pack. Rolling up his bedroll quickly, he gets to his feet, the scant few potions he was able to procure at such short notice clinking softly in his pack. He moves with some slight stiffness, as though wearing heavy armour, although he appears to be wearing naught but a hooded black robe, typical of the spellcasting servants of Dark Gods. Grasping his heavy shield, embossed with infernal symbols around the sides in blood red, with the symbol of a scythe interposed in bone-white in the center. He throws his hood back, revealing an oddly handsome, thin face. He takes in the whole of the figure, his eyes sweeping her up and down.

    [Facial Features]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emadgar is using his Hat of Disguise to appear less rat-like than he actually is, as per the Disguise Self ability

    To create a simple illusion is child's-play...

    I serve Nerull, and I shall continue to do so, so long as he lends me his great power to do his will.

    His voice has a slightly nasal tone to it, strangely seeming unmatched with the good-looking features.

    His hand reaches unconsciously for the Holy Symbol of Nerull inside his robe.


    My readiness for any task he should deem me worthy of completing for him is unquestioned.


    However, I do not like the sound of my "Final great task"... As always however; I shall trust unto Nerull...

    Be you friend or foe? I will need some token of your trustworthiness as an agent of the Reaper before I commit myself to any dangerous task. I warn you, if you are attempting to decieve, I am neither foolish, nor weak.


    With that, he blinks, and the robe he is wearing shimmers, a suit of full-plate armour phasing into existence on his frame as if it was always there.

    Now, if you have no objections, I must prepare for the task ahead, if you are not false. Will the journey take a deal of time? I would not wish my protection magics to end prematurely.


    [If the Prophet gives an estimated journey time of less than an hour]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mycerild begins praying, muttering infernal archaic phrases under his breath.

    Unless someone interrupts him, Mycerild will cast Endure Elements on himself, and Magic Vestment on his shield, giving him a total of 23 AC and the ability to comfortably function in an extremely hot or cold environment. The AC increase will last 6 Hours, the Endure Elements will last until the next day.


    [The writings on the shield, for those who can read Infernal]
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Reaper Protects the Faithful
    The Reaper Harvests the False
    The Reaper is Death, the Inevitable
    The False Gods will succumb, the Reaper is Eternal
    All Sacrifice to the Reaper
    Praise Nerull
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-08-02 at 02:00 PM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.


  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crazedloon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    The tall figure looks unimpressed by the group. Her looks leave the onlookers with an thought of pure beauty without the ability to put their thumb on what brought the thought about. Each individual feels an unnatural attraction to the figure.

    I am the one who will be leading you on your quest into and through hell you may cal me Ama. It is your final great quest because I highly doubt any of you will live through this and should you live you will be rewarded well and beyond what you could imagine.

    Then the figure looks directly into Emadgar eyes. As she does so his holy symbol flies from his hand directly into hers.

    Disappointing to say the least. If you wish for a token you may have your symbol back.

    She drops his symbol to the ground.

    Our travel will take use till dusk and we must leave now are there any more questions.
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2008-08-02 at 02:09 PM.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Raven

    Interesting, Boccob... you've led me into a party of apparent malefactors for the glory of your name. And we get to go to hell. Sorry I didn't praise you more.

    He shakes his head, "No further questions."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Sheera

    Sheera does well at hiding her surprise about the finality of Ama's words, whoever she might be.

    She doubts that any of the new-found group will survive?

    "Well, Ama, as it seems like the fates of us are entwined, for the same quest. But it's still obscure why we have been chosen, and what our goal will be. While I can feel that you should be believed, I'm unused to agree to a deal without knowing the conditions."

    While waiting for an answer, Sheera is twisting her bedroll, to finally able to stuff it into the magical backpack. Strapping it and the crossbow around the back, she stands up and examines her new companions another time.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-02 at 03:53 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Montreal

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Cirrus

    Cirrus, simply nods and gathers up his bedroll. His eyes flicker around, from companion to companion, and down to the fallen holy symbol.

    I go where I am needed. he whispers through his scarf.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Rettu Skcollob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    One Step Beyond
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Emadgar looks at the figure for a seemingly endless moment, then to the Holy Symbol on the ground.

    I highly doubt an agent of Nerull would treat his symbol with such disdain... Most probably she is a powerful caster, in any case.

    Quickly, his face impassive, he makes the formal gesture of deference common in the Church of Nerull; two fingers crooked, placed against the throat and pointed at a superior.

    Power to the Reaper and the Faithful, then... sister.

    The last word has a slightly sardonic tone to it, a slight smile appearing on Emadgars lips. It is clear he will not forget this, but he has always respected power. At least, until the opportunity for superiority arises... Usually on the point of a knife.

    A superior only remains so, as long as they can thwart their underlings...

    With that, he will begin to walk toward the woman, and pick up his [un]Holy symbol, moving back to the group.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-08-03 at 07:23 AM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.


  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Vadina

    "I have a question. What did you just do to us? I am here to serve, not to be compelled." Vadina hefts her pack, ready to begin her journey. "Still, I am here to serve, and if we must travel until dusk, we can discuss it on the way."
    Just the seed of an idea.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Don the Bastard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tamworth Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    "Your words do not worry me Ama, I know that is where I go on passing regardless."

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Sheera

    "A good idea, Vadina"

    With a last check of her belt, Sheera is ready to travel. Out of her haversack comes Twinkles, a white rat, and makes itself comfortable on the woman's shoulder. With it's red intelligent eyes, the animal watches the landscape.

    "While we're traveling, Ama, I'm sure you will explain everything. Let's start marching"
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-03 at 07:34 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Rettu Skcollob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    One Step Beyond
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    To Hell then...

    [Spoken in Infernal]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Though I know not your reasonings, Reaper, I defer to your greatness. Let all beings come to you inevitably, as wheat to the harvest.


    Sensing that his resentment of their guide was only felt by him, Emadgar sighed. He glanced at his companions, not having paid them much attention since he arrived.

    That one in the cold weather gear... Monk by the way she carries herself. I'll have to watch that one. The wizard looks to be without much guile... Rather plain, too.

    Hmm. That one... Cleric? I know those eyes, those are the eyes of a prophet. Dangerous, and seems to be reserving himself. Smart, then, or paranoid. Probably both. I don't like the look of the bald man... Carries himself... Strangely. Dangerous.

    And that black haired woman? Gods bane, I've never seen anyone so beautiful... She wouldn't be here if she was naught but a pretty face though. But still... Ngh! Damn these impure thoughts! I apologise, Reaper, my mind is... troubled, today.


    Well then, if it is inevitable, then we should set off. My name is Emadgar Mycerild, loyal servant of the Reaper, though I suspect that our guide already knows this.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-08-03 at 08:01 AM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.


  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crazedloon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    I have done nothing to you I simply am. And it is not for me to know why you were chosen I am meant only as a guide. Follow...

    her hand glides smoothly in a beckoning motion and she begins to walk in the direction from which she came. You all follow in your own time.

    You travel for 4 hours (if you wish to add any intermediate discussion feel free to do so in OoC otherwise it will be a very quite walk but I thought you might want to get into a little action). The terrain is uneven and their is no path. The dwarven roads which once could be followed without trouble through the great mountains are now only rubble. The going is not easy however you can not slow down as your guide walks on unfettered by the difficult terrain.

    You all hear a guttural roar and the swish of arrows mid flight. Then the two arrows meet their target. The first embeds itself just above Ama's breast the second in her thigh. She falls to her knees before falling on her side. You however have little time to react because from the west face of the mountain four figures seam to emerge as if from nowhere. The midday sun glimmers off large battle axes as the four orcs rush down the hill roaring their battle cry.



    place yourself in the gray area. and roll initiative and reactions (none combat related that is)
    up to each blue mark are a hill it takes 1.5 squares to move up and 3/4 to move down.
    up to the green is a slight incline which does not impeed movement.
    up to the purple is a severe incline coming down is at 2x speed and going up is at 1/4th. if you end your turn on the slope you must succeed on a balance check of 10. If you fail and were going up or horizontal you are flat footed if you where going down you fall prone.

    everyone but raven and vadina see the orcs in the hills to the east

    sorry for the ghetto map its the best I can do
    Check out my horrible homebrews

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Sheera

    (Speaking Orcish): "Stop in your tracks rogues and explain yourselves! If you desire a fight, you are badly overmatched! I offer you to retreat and never show up again, for we are interested in much bigger foes than you."

    She positions herself to a safe place (not on the ledge) and whispers to Emadgar: "Priest of Nerull, make sure Ama survives, we need her"

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Seems like a can't edit rolls, so they come up in next post. I'm on the square just below "pro"
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-03 at 09:22 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Montreal

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Cirrus

    Cirrus (located in the square just to the left of Pro) silently turns to face the onrushing orcs. He steels his eyes.

    Initiative:
    (1d20+1)[16]

    Cirrus flexes his muscles as he draws his crystal blade. His companions detect a faint odor, unidentifiable, but one that recalls the distant past. Cirrus grows before your eyes, standing nearly ten feet tall, he raises his shield and pulls back his sword, ready for the orcs.

    (Manifesting expansion, now also occupying spaces to the left, above and above left of his original square.)


    Edit: Unless, of course, the orcs are right in front of me when my turn starts.
    Last edited by cbdb; 2008-08-03 at 11:51 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Iniative: (d20+2)[6]
    Diplomacy: (d20+12)[21]

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Bah, I forgot the time required for diplomacy! And also the -10 penalty for a rushed action
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-04 at 01:28 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Raven

    Raven's eyes narrow and he raises his arm, beginning to chant a spell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Raven is standing in the square behind pro.
    Initiative: (1d20)[8]
    Cast Haste on Vadina, Bariis, Emadgar, Cirrus and Sheera.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-03 at 11:23 AM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Vadina

    Startled by the arrows protruding from her guide, Vadina can only wait for her foes to come within sight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+6)[19]
    Vadina occupies the square behind and to the right of pro.
    I was considering SMIII, but I decided that was combat-related.
    Just the seed of an idea.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crazedloon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    OoC oh an green is bushes and difficult terrain granting concealment to the orcs to the east
    Check out my horrible homebrews

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Rettu Skcollob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    One Step Beyond
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Init
    (1d20+1)[19]

    Hmph. Well, at least it's not so boring any more.

    Emadgar looks as though he would say no for a moment, looks hard at Sheera, and finally says;

    Very well.

    Emadgar rushes towards Ema, his newfound speed taking a moment to get used to.

    Hmm. Either those were very lucky shots, they were poisoned, or Ema is not as powerful as I'd thought.

    Spoken in Infernal
    Spoiler
    Show

    Nerull, grant you servant with the power to heal your allies.


    After a few brief gestures, Emadgars hand aglows with faint blue light. Kneeling, he lays his hands upon Ama, the blue light discharging into her.

    This should stop you from going to the Reaper, for now.

    [Move action to run to Ema, and Standard Action to cast Cure Minor Wounds]
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.


  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Don the Bastard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tamworth Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Location: 2nd square to the right of Pro.

    Initiative: (d20)[4]

    Actions: Bariis drops her heavy woolen robe to the ground, and turns to Emadgar:
    Spoken in Infernal
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will break them
    Pointing to the archers.

    She will delay until casting and "diplomacy" is done, then will charge orc5 if diplomacy fails (counted 16.5 squares movement, of my 20 square charge) - If I hit I will be using Scorpion's Grasp.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Rettu Skcollob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    One Step Beyond
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Emadgar looks mildly surprised at Bariis's speaking in his favored tongue.

    [Spoken in infernal]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Power to you, then, sister. Perhaps our faiths have more in common than I thought... shout out in the favored tongue if you need the blessings of Nerull, and I will hear, over the fray.

    His voice carries a tone of seemingly genuine respect, thought it would be difficult for those who do not speak infernal to detect this.


    Hmm. This Monk could be an ally... Those of faith can be counted upon, or at least predicted... I wonder what God she serves? These thoughts should be for later, in any case. Now is the time for bloodshed.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.


  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crazedloon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Post Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Init
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emadagar 19
    Vadina 19
    Cirrus 16
    Orc warriors 15
    Sheera 6
    Raven 8
    Orc archers 6
    Barris 4


    map
    Spoiler
    Show




    As Emadgar reaches down to heal Ama his magic baths her and the arrows dislodge from their wounds. She looks up straight into Emadgar's eyes.

    in infernal Your infernal is atrocious. Her words are the most perfect thing you have ever heard. Each one a distinct and subtly unique combination of the rigorous infernal alphabet. You can nearly sense the letters themselves.

    But even as the words pass her lips the rest of the group had already burst into action. Shielding the others from the Direct attack from the orcs Cirrus becomes twice his size. The casters quickly begin to gesture and mutter in their arcane tongue.

    But with the speed of the hills behind them the orcs come crashing into the group before the spellcasters can finish their arcane gestures. (Cirrus gains an AoO as they move through his now enlarged threatened area)

    The orcs bring their axes down into Cirrus and Emadgar their thick plate armor creates a cacophony of sound as the blades reflect off the smooth sides. However three blades is to much for Cirrus as one slips past his shield and catches Cirrus in the folds of his armor. (11 damage to Cirrus)

    ((OoC those after the orcs can change their action
    Don you can not quit make it up the hill each square between the green and the purple takes 20ft
    Gardner feel free to clarify your action.))
    Check out my horrible homebrews

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Montreal

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Cirrus

    As the orcs barrel down into the ravine, Cirrus regards them grimly. As the first comes into range, he slashes out with his blade, imbuing it with psionic energy.

    AOO on Orc1:
    Channeling psionic energy through deep crystal longsword.

    Attack (1d20+9)[17]

    Damage (4d6+6)[23]

    Note, due to expansion, his AC is presently 22.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crazedloon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    As the orcs come down upon the group Cirrus concentrates and slices just as the orcs momentum is at its greatest. The orc continues with his charge apparently unharmed. But as the orc begins his swing his torso splits from his legs and tumbles into a bloody heap.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Sheera

    Damn, I'm so stupid!

    More than little angry with herself after the less-than-stellar diplomatic performance, Sheera reaches into her spell pouch and produces the ingredients for a spell, immediatly beginning to chant and weave.

    "Good Night..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sheera will cast Deep Slumber, centered on Cirrus to affect all orcs, to be more precise, just under the "C" of "Cir". Even if they resist the enchantment, they feel a tingle that harms their fighting ability.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-04 at 04:18 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia

    Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

    Vadina recovers her composure and begins chanting an arcane formula. As she completes it, a huge, feral-looking ape appears in a swirling cloud of smoke. The smoke coalesces around one of the orcs, and Vadina calls out in Infernal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Kill the one to the north first."


    The ape swings a massive paw at an orc, its claws prominent.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Summon Monster III for a Fiendish Ape with his bottom-right corner four squares left of Ama. He flanks all the surviving orcs. Smoke Orc3, attack Orc2.

    Ape attack - (1d20+9)[23]
    Ape damage - (1d6+5)[9]
    Last edited by Gardener; 2008-08-05 at 03:59 PM.
    Just the seed of an idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •