New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

Vadina struggles with the vines once again, and calls out to her summoned beast once more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Kill the dog!"

Bound by the vines, Vadina can only attempt to wriggle free.

The ape steps toward the hound, and lashes out with both arms and his jaw.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save - (1d20+6)[7]
    Claw 1 - (1d20+7)[17] -2 to Dog's AC for blinding.
    Claw 1 damage - (1d6+5)[11]
    Claw 2 - (1d20+7)[13]
    Claw 2 damage - (1d6+5)[8]
    Bite - (1d20+2)[12]
    Bite Damage - (1d6+2)[7]
    Last edited by Gardener; 2008-08-12 at 05:16 AM.
    Just the seed of an idea.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Escape Artist - (1d20+2)[11]

Vadina's struggles are in vain; the vines hold her tightly.
    Last edited by Gardener; 2008-08-12 at 05:17 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

init
    Spoiler
    Show

Emadagar 19
    Vadina 19
    Cirrus 16
    Sheera 6
    Raven 8
    Orc archers 6
    druid/companion 5
    Barris 4

Raven gathers himself and with a few arcane gestures completes an illusionary spell. His image seams to split and the new figures begin to react differently the first pulls at the vines and free himself and steps out of the vines before peering about looking for a target the second falls as it attempts to get out of the vines. It crawls to the square next to the true Raven but the two new images cause even the keen of eye to second guess which is real.

The remaining archer levels his bow at Barris who has just finished leveling the other orc. Two arrows streak towards the monk. The first flies past Bariis's shoulder the other is on target directly at barris's gut. Barris still holding the other orc responds with lighting reflexes and she lift the unconscious orc up and uses it as a shield. A loud thunk and a groan exit the unconscious orc as the arrow digs into his back.

The druid still stands in the same position. His companion Snorts as the surge of color blasts against it. However it seems unfazed by the spell and starts to sniff around and finds his target. The dog begins to maul Sheera's invisible form It digs its claws into her flesh and bight at her throat (10 damage).

Bariis drops her most recent victim and sprints towards the remaining archer. Leaping into the bush she brushes the orc's bow to the side. Then she catches the orc under the ribs and pulls herself close and delvers a second punch to the heart. The orcs ribcage collapses and crushes the orcs heart.

Emadagar tries to pull his legs free and move to help his companions however the vines still cling to his legs and restrain him. He curses as the druid's spell confounds him.

Vadina struggles in the undergrowth but her summoned companion steps forward ready to maul the druids companion. Its giant claws rises to the sky ready to kill the dog but his target doges just out of range and the apes bight doesn't pierce the dogs flesh and the dog shakes the ape off.

(( Cirrus you are up ))

map
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by crazedloon; 2008-08-12 at 11:41 PM.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Cirrus

Cirrus smiles quietly to himself as he hears the crackling end of the orcish archer. His gaze turns to the final melee between animals and humanoids. With a deep breath he sprints south, swerving around the melee. He stands unwittingly next to his invisible companion, attempting to bring town his crystal blade one the ravenous mongrel.

(ooc: Cirrus will again manifest hustle and double move 12 squares down and three squares right and will attack the dog, again channeling psionic energy ... goodness I'm getting low on power points )

Attack: (1d20+10)[19]
    Damage: (4d6+6)[20]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Cirrus once again draws forth the power within him to aid his companions in combat. As he sidesteps the combat to gain a better position he summons forth his inner power to smite the mongrel. But even as his psionic blade comes down the mongrel's magically enhanced hide deflects the blow harmlessly to the ground where a great crater appears as the power in the blade dissipates.

Sheera scrambles in the dirt as the dog bights at her throat and she pushes it off in time to prevent it from killing her outright however she only has seconds to gather herself and dissolve all the color from her body. They lance of color shoots towards the dog but it seems unfazed except for a snort as if an irritant had gone up its nose.

((Ok I just figured out I f'ed up a few things (luckely they were not to game effecting) I misplaced some initiatives mainly last round I rolled for the dog as if Sheera was invis which she is not.... now she is oops

ok now we are back on track its ravens turn sorry if there was any confusion ))

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Did you take into account my deflect arrows?
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-12 at 08:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Raven

Protected slightly by his images, Raven will now try to break the hold of the plants.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it possible for Raven to move very carefully and slowly and take 20 to break out of the hold of the plants, because that should free him.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

OoC : No it is not possible to take 20 on an escape artist check in this situation. Carefully taking the bonds off does not help as that gives time for others to cling on to you. The escape artist check reflects a quick squirm and pull and then a hop and skip through the underbrush to get away while a str check is just a all out pull on the vines.

you can attempt spells but must make a concentration check = 15 + spell level.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Raven

Raven begins gesturing, sending out blasts of wintery cold. He does not cast where other party members might be, and he cuts as close to himself as he dares without actually inflicting any damage on himself. "Looks like an early frost this year!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I need a concentration roll for a spell-like ability? If so, here it is... (1d20+11)[23]. Obviously I'm only sending one blast per round, and I don't know if you want me to roll 3d4 each time or just come up with a general effect of highly damaging frost on the plant life.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-13 at 04:10 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bariis grins sadistically at her last victim, then turns and barrels down the hill towards the second melee, ignoring the stiff and motionless druid she goes to work on the dog instead, but Bariis is being careful not to kill the beast, it might be a good pressure point to get the druid to talk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+10)[25]
    Damage:(1d10+5)[13] non-lethal
    Scorpion's Grasp: (1d10+5)[12] non-lethal

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

The vines and weeds which entangle Raven freeze and break apart as his cold blast withers the animated plants. However even as the magic cold dissipates the plants begin to creep across the ground and try to latch back on to the mage. ((you get a new reflex save on your turn to resist being entangled and can do so each turn you use the blast.))

I am tired of this game! It is time for you to die.

As the druid screams this his head begins to morph and his ears begin to elongate. His face begins to contort and shift and a high pitch screech issues forth. His arms lengthen and flesh stretches between his fingers and his waste. As is cloths disappear long shaggy hear sprouts along his back. When the transformation is complete what stands there is what appears to be one of the great mountain hunting bats. The druid raises his new wings and and issues another screech and bears his teeth.

The druids animal companion shifts its position now that his first target is gone and turns to his new large opponent. The dog lunges at Cirrus trying to get a hold of his leg and pull him to the ground, but Cirrus lifts his leg just at the right moment and tries to bring it down on the dogs head but the dog shifts again just out of reach.

((sorry for the delay I have been in a creative funk as of late but I hope to get back into this and hopefully none of you have been scared away

And again I think you might want to change your move in respect to the druids action ))
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2008-08-20 at 01:22 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Sorry, I had thought that the Druid was held for some reason, just re-targetting then to the druid, trying to get him/her in a flank with Cyrus too.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

OoC:He was held until he made his saving throw last round

Bariis careens across the battle field nearly as fast as Cirrus. He collides with heavily with the druid and grabs hold of the druids hair and uses the force of his run to punch the druid square in the face. Blood begins to dribble out of the druids maw before Bariis continues his rush right into the square that the druid occupies an repeats the blow to the head.

((next time remember you do not need the initial touch attack but you still need the grapple check.))

map:

Back to the top of the order

14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

[OOC: Crap. Not much Emadgar can do.]

A thousand and one curses on all Druids! A THOUSAND AND ONE, I SAY!

Right. Time to put a bolt through this bastards face. Heh. And they laughed when I spent all that time practicing with it. Well, at first they laughed. Then they screamed. Got to get this shield off first though.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm. It says in the PHB that loosing a shield is a move action, but it can be a free action if your BAB is ≥+1 and you combine it with a regular move. Assuming I can do that, by combining it with my move action of retrieving Emadgars Heavy Crossbow or Loading it, [Via the Rapid Reload Feat] I'll do that. If not, I'll loose it on my next turn. The following assumes I can combine it.]

Reaching back into his pack with his be-shielded left hand, Emadgar rapidly undoes his shield strap with his right. As the shield begins to fall down to the ground, his left hand rapidly emerges from his large pack, grasping the stock of a large, powerful looking crossbow, the string already taut. No sooner is this completely out of his pack than Emadgars right hand retrieves a bolt from a small handy quiver built into the left hand of his pack. This he slots into the crossbow with the practiced ease of someone who has done so a thousand times before. Emadgars shield hits the ground with a hollow, metallic sound, mingling with the metallic 'click', of the loading mechanism. He smiles, slightly.

[OOC:]
    Spoiler
    Show

Ready/Loose Shield: Free Action, Combined with Draw a Weapon
    Draw A Weapon: Move Action
    Load a Heavy Crossbow [Aided by the Rapid Reload Feat]: Move Action
    Emadgars AC is now reduced by 2 for loosing the shield, combined with the -4 from the dexterity penalty from the entanglement, bringing him down to 16. Bugger.

Gods, I'm glad that I thought to keep the crossbow cocked, the man who made this was a genius. Perhaps I shouldn't have killed him after all... No matter now.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-08-20 at 08:22 AM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Cirrus

Cirrus bats the mongrel's advances out of his way with his iron shield. He grins to himself as the sound of battle ring in his ears.

Nice doggy he whispers as he brings slashes twice with his blade.

(taking a 5 foot step to the right)

Two attacks on the dog:
    Attack 1: (1d20+12)[23]
    Damage 1: (2d6+6)[16]

Attack 2: (1d20+12)[30]
    Damage 2: (2d6+6)[11]
    Last edited by cbdb; 2008-08-20 at 05:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sheera

Sheera's eyes nearly come out of their sockets as a expression between horror and disgust appears on her face following the druid's transformation into the ugly animal. Nobody sees this of course.

Spoiler
    Show
    Next action will depend on whether the dog will be cleft apart or still lives. In either case, I'll stand up from prone as a move action (does the dog smell that I'm getting up?) and in the second case, step back 5ft and fire my crossbow (If I assume that I took it in the PM action and it's loaded, and why shouldn't it?)
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-21 at 01:24 PM.
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: I'm waiting for the druid to act before I post my action, so I don't have to chage it again.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The ape continues to lash out at his foes.

Vadina once again struggles with the entangling vines
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ape Claw 1 - (1d20+7)[18]
    Claw 1 Damage - (1d6+5)[7]
    Ape Claw 2 - (1d20+7)[14]
    Claw 2 Damage - (1d6+5)[9]
    Ape Bite - (1d20+2)[17]
    Bite Damage - (1d6+2)[4]
    Vadina Escape Artist - (1d20+2)[13]

The ape attacks the dog if it's alive, or the druid otherwise. If dog's prone, +4 to hit. If attacking the druid, he's denied Dex from grappling.
    Last edited by Gardener; 2008-08-20 at 03:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Raven

Raven and his other captured image once again try to avoid the entangling plants.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save: (1d20+1)[21]

Edit: Raven easily dances free of the area of entangling plants and turns his attention to the shape-shifting druid.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-20 at 09:54 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Bumping this to bring it back to crazedloon's attention.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

init
    Spoiler
    Show

Emadagar 19
    Vadina 19
    Cirrus 16
    Sheera 6
    Raven 8
    Orc archers 6
    druid/companion 5
    Barris 4

Emadagar’s Hands are a blur as he readies his weapons. The creeping plants tighten around his legs and begin to climb. When the shield hits the ground the plants quickly engulf it.

The great ape claws at the dog and lashes out with its teeth. However all that the ape can claw at is the air as the dog shifts it weight just out of reach and all that the ape can bight at is the rough flesh of the dog but it can’t puncture the thick skin. Vadina struggles with the plants but they continue to entwine themselves around her legs and begin to climb her thighs and no matter the squirming Vadina can not get loose.

Cirrus grins to himself as the dog slams against he shield. He takes his opportunity just as the dogs slides out of the apes way and he slashes across the dog. A yelp of pain is Cirrus’s reward and then with another downward swing the dogs skull is split open and the light leaves the dogs eyes. The druid lets loose a loud screech ,as he struggles with Bariss ,at the sight of his companions demise.

Raven and his copies reform as a single image before splitting once more. He manages to struggle free and walk out of the plants but another of his images trips and the plants seem to entangle around him. The third image stumbles out of the weeds but only gets half as far as the real Raven.

((I need flashlights change in action and once I have that I can do the druid’s turn Once again sorry for the delay))

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sheera

After the dog's skull cracks open, Sheera sees he opportunity and quickly scrambles from the floor, rising her crossbow, but upon seeing the ugly druid still fighting with Bariis, she lowers it again, unsure whether the situation is in control now or not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sheera stands up from prone and delays her action until the end of the turn.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-27 at 12:56 PM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

As Sheera's Invisible form collects itself and watches for an opening the druid wrestles with Bariis. The now bat like druid struggles and pulls at Bariis but the monks grip remains the same as he clamps down on the druid even tighter as the druids every squirm gives Bariis the advantage.

((map hasnt changed much so I need everyone's actions up to the druid))

24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seeing that the situation is firmly under the control of his companions, Emadgar sighs, and lowers his crossbow.

I'm probably more likely to hit them than the Druid.

Hurry up and kill this bastard, these damned plants are getting on my nerves!
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sheera

Sheera dismisses her invisibility and appears right before the druid, the crossbow resting easily on her shoulder.

Orcish:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Remove your stupid plants and stop resisting, or we will kill you, slowly and painfully"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just an off-topic question: should I roll intimidate for threathening npcs like that?
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-29 at 12:32 AM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Vadina continues to struggle with the vines. Her summoned beast keeps trying to hit the dog.

Spoiler
    Show
    Escape Artist - (1d20+2)[8]
    Claw 1 - (1d20+7)[8]
    Claw 2 - (1d20+7)[13]
    Bite - (1d20+2)[5]
    Claw 1 damage - (1d6+5)[6]
    Claw 2 damage - (1d6+5)[10]
    Bite damage - (1d6+2)[5]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: So I take it the druid has had his/her go then? What did it do?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bariis lets go of the bat, dropping back down onto her knees in a crouching position, and roaring at the creature, her face twisted into an animalistic grin, she leaps off the ground onto the bat once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    On my turn I will release my grapple and make a full attack action, with flurry, all non-lethal damage, and grappling again on the last attack if it hits.

Attack 1(Flurry)(1d20+10)[14]
    Damage 1 (1d10+5)[6]
    Attack 2(Flurry)(1d20+10)[24]
    Damage 2 (1d10+5)[10]
    Attack 3(Haste Bonus)(1d20+10)[13]
    Damage 3 (1d10+5)[11]
    Grapple Check (1d20+9)[19]
    Grapple Damage (1d10+5)[12]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Raven

Raven, freed of the vines runs toward the bat creature, getting within range of his freezing blast, and waiting for an opening... such as it rising into the air.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sheera

Sheera shakes her head as Bariis leaps on the druid like if frenzied

Great bookfather, this bloodthirst is really disgusting...

"Bariis, can't you just hold him. We could get him to surrender and maybe extract some useful information"

If not, there are often other ways to extract knowledge

She grins at that thought, reminiscincing about some good times in the thieves guild. A feeling of pain suddenly interrupts her memories as the adrenaline of the fight loses it's effect, and unconsciously, she looks at the still entangled Emadgar. For a moment, she also tries to look whether Ama has moved up from her position or not.

Locking stares with the struggling druid, she repeats, more threatening:

Orc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Remove your plants at once, druid, I will not ask another time"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sheera is trying to find Ama between all the plants and see if she's well. Also, rolling Intimidate to force the druid into cooperation (don't forget the circumstance bonus of a crazy monk bashing at you (d20+3)[22]
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-09-03 at 06:56 AM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show