New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: To Hell and Back Again[a]

Raven

ooc: I don't understand... did my spell get disrupted, did someone hit me?
    If not, this is round 1 (out of 5 of haste for those I cast it on).

Raven takes a sideways step to the southeast, clearing Ema and gesturing to catch Orc 3 & 4 in the edge of a 15' cone formed from a chill blast of pure Winter! "Freeze!"

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d4)[7] damage to the orcs...
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

(ooc: I think your first turn is just coming around, which would be the casting of haste, the orcs went first because of initiative)
    Last edited by cbdb; 2008-08-04 at 07:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bariis will move and attack the nearest orc, attempting to use scorpions grasp if she hits.

Attack roll: (d20+10)[11]
    Damage: (d10+4)[10]

Scorpion's Grasp Grapple: (d20+10)[30]
    Scorpion's Grasp Damage: (d10+4)[8]

Flavour text if she hits:
    Bariis leaps across the battlefield, dodgig under the beasts axe and inside it's reach, she grabs hold of the orc by the shoulders, driving her thumbs deep into the bone with an unhealthy pop... she stares into the eyes of her foe for just a moment gauging him... a droplet of saliva drips from it's mouth... she cranes her neck to one side then... CRACK... brings her forehead crashing down across it's nose.

EDIT: THAT SUCKS, 1 on my first attack roll 20 on my second.
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-04 at 08:33 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Emadgar is dumbdounded for a moment as his guide displays a far superior ability in Infernal than he does.

Gods Breath, do they give away Infernal dictionaries in ration packs now?

His distraction is curbed abruptly, however, by the Orc attempting to slice and dice him. He brings up his shield just in time to deflect a ringing blow, the back of his shield arm going slightly numb from the force of the heavy strike.

Oh, this is going to be FUN

Oh, you'll regret that you Green BASTARD

Emadgar's face contorts manically, a deeply unsettling grin branching out across his features. He bellows in harsh, guttural Infernal.

[Infernal]
    Spoiler
    Show

REAPER! Grant me the power to send your pathetic enemies souls crawling to your feet! DEATH AND DECAY

Emadgar begins rapidly chanting in Infernal, his eyes fluttering. He reaches inside himself, feeling the familiar dark energies that lie inside him. Drawing on his reserve of Unholy power, he gasps as the crackling Unholy force seems to fill his veins. Looking out of his fluttering eyelids, he sees he is clutching his Unholy symbol tight enough to draw blood. He smiles as he feels the pain, a crimson flow running down his arm. Linking his blood-stained symbol-holding hand and his shield hand together, a surge of red light erupts from his feet, a chill wind whistling about him and fluttering his hair and clothes.

That Orc isn’t going to be able to resist a free shot at me, better brace myself.

Spoiler
    Show

[Spontaneously] Cast Inflict Serious Wounds (Provoking an attack of opportunity) giving up Animate Dead as a spell slot.
    Concentration (If the Orc hits) (1d20+12)[17]
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

(sorry about the confusion Wiz this round is when you cast haste last round was a surprise round)

The arcane energy begins to swirl around the group. Just as Sheera begins to form a long arcane ritual every movement of the group becomes elongated and exaggerated as Raven finishes her arcane chanting. Their new found speed allowing the group faster reflexes. Just then a great ape appears the cloud which envelops the creature causing the near by orc to stumble and nearly vomit. With the other orc swaying the Ape hears its masters commands and turns its great paws to bear on the northern orc dealing a blow which causes the orc to stagger before regaining his stance.

But as the arcane energy peeks a single bolt of lighting flashes in the sky and lands square in the middle of the group. The bolt intended for Sheera as she is distracted by the complex ritual of spell casting (reflex save 16 for half 11 damage and then a concentration (dmg taken +10) check to maintain deep slumber)

Before the rest of the group can see to the bolt a new volley was in the sky and racing towards the group. the majority of the arrows missing their mark but the first to land digs deep into Cirrus's shoulder (13 damage)

Bariis leaps through the group charging the orcs whom has charged from the hills. However in her haste she stumbles in the crevice left by the lightning bolts impact. She stumbles forward leaving herself open to an attack by the orc which she had intended on harming (16 damage). But even as the axe impacts her she rolls with the blow and stands ready for the next assault however there is no need as Emadgar uses the distraction to summon the dark energy of the reaper.

When the orc feels the cold hand of death touch him his body convulses as the dark energy raps like flames around his body. The warriors eyes roll into the back of his head and a guttural scream of pure pain is let lose. Then the skin on his body begins to shrivel as if he were to big for it and it tears before disappearing all together. The orc falls to the ground as all the soft matter that makes up his body and cloths dissolves into a pool of ooze. All that is left is the skeleton of the orc and his steal axe head.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

((Now it will be back to the top of the order (Emadgar has already gone) so that means I need actions from Vadina and Cirrus and a reflex save and concentration check from Sheera))
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2008-08-06 at 08:06 AM.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

6. - Top - End - #36

Yes, yes YES!

Grinning hysterically, Emadgar watches as the Orc is consumed by the dark energies he controls. As the dessicated corpse drops to the ground, he throws back his head, laughing with an inherent hysteria that is plain to hear.

Oh GODS the POWER! Ngh, I love it!

Hn.. Ha... Haha HA HA HA HA HAA! Reapers blessing upon you, BROTHER!

With the last word he near-collapses with hysteric laughter once again, placing his hand over his mouth as he giggles, leaving blood smeared upon his face.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bariis recovers from the trip, and shakes off the effects of the orcs pitiful attack, readying herself for the next attack.

Bariis' action
    Spoiler
    Show

If orc2 or 3 are still alive at my turn I will move and attack (5' step & full attack if possible)

If they are both dead I will double move 10 squares to the east and 4 squares to the north, ending in cover, somewhat closer to the archers.

Rolls if necessary
    Attack1 (d20+9)[27]
    Damage1 (d10+5)[12] (realised I wasn't adding the amulet bonus)
    Attack2 (d20+9)[17]
    Damage2 (d10+5)[11]

Scorpion's Grasp1 (d20+9)[25] (for first unarmed attack)
    Grapple Damage1 (d10+5)[7]
    Scorpion's Grasp2 (d20+9)[23] (for second unarmed attack)
    Grapple Damage2 (d10+5)[12]

I think that covers it.

Also, there seems to be some gender confusion surrounding Bariis, she is not the new Varsuvius, she is a she.
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-06 at 08:39 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sheera

As she feels the arcane energies tingle through her body, Sheera notices a blue bolt of energy striking toward her from the sky.

What the...

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save: (d20+6)[13]

"Argh!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration: (d20+11)[26]

The pain numbs her hands for a split second, but Sheera bites her teeth together and forces her arms to complete the last gestures needed for the spell, pointing at the remaining two orcs.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-07 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Stupid comment
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

9. - Top - End - #39

BardGuy

Cirrus

Cirrus grunts in pain as the arrow finds its mark. With the surge of energy brought about by the haste spell, he turns to the two orcs facing him.

(Apologies in advance to Sheera if I bring them down before the sleep spell can take effect, I just can't take too many more of their hits. He will attack the orcs, first the one he flanks, then the one in the cloud if he drops the first one.)

First attack, on the flanked orc:
    Attack (1d20+12)[18]
    Damage (2d6+6)[16]

Second attack, on the flanked one if necessary, on the one in the cloud if not:
    Attack (1d20+10)[21]
    Damage (2d6+6)[10]

If he attacks the one in the cloud, he will channel psionic energy through his crystal blade for an additional:
    (2d6)[5]

Edit: due to haste, AC is now 23
    Last edited by cbdb; 2008-08-06 at 09:57 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    @Cirrus: You flank both orcs; the ape is Large.
    @Crazedloon: Can Raven and I see the archers now? If not, I'll spend a move action for another Spot check.
    Spot - (1d20+1)[18]
    Just the seed of an idea.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by cbdb View Post
    Cirrus(Apologies in advance to Sheera if I bring them down before the sleep spell can take effect, I just can't take too many more of their hits. He will attack the orcs, first the one he flanks, then the one in the cloud if he drops the first one.)
    It's ok, I had to anticipate that we would kill them so quickly and instead do something against the archers

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Vadina begins another incantation. Though her expression never changes, the arcane phrases are less harsh. This time, as she finishes her chant, the bushes concealing one of the orcs explodes in golden sparkles and green smoke. Both smoke and sparkles fall on the orc, distracting him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Glitterdust Orc 6 and cloud him. Will save DC 19 or be blinded for 6 rounds, possibly at -2 depending on your interpretation of Cloudy Conjuration.

Oh, Spellcraft - (1d20+17)[19] for the lightning. -5 if it's Evocation, Enchantment or Necromancy, +2 if it's Conjuration.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Vadina moves her attention from the orc warriors and begins to cast as spell at the far off archers. With the completion of her arcane movements and words a great cloud covers the closest orc. The orc begins to rub at his eyes and scream as the creature loses sight of the world around him. Even worse for the orc he bends over and begins to vomit.

The ape continues his masters request and attacks the same orc with two powerful claws. The creature rips at the orc until he rips the poor warrior limb from limb. The ape lets loose a guttural yell.

Cirrus Picks up where the conjured cloud left of. He lifts his blade in a great sweeping motion slicing the orc before bringing his blade down clean through the orcs body before spinning to face the remaining orcs in the hills.

But with the warriors killed the gathered arcane energy surrounding Sheera is wasted as she disipates it in an area away from her allies.

((Ok now its Sheera and ravens action and sorry but no one saw a spell caster or heard a spell caster to identify any spell))

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll wait until Sheera and Raven have had their turns, I'm pretty sure the axe orcs will be toast by my turn so I will alter my actions from above slightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I am now hasted I move at 80' so that is 32 squares in a double move, I will double move to orc5, since I can't charge through difficult terrain. You guys concentrate on orc6 & what is left of axe orcs, I will tear this one's arms off!

Shoulda just stuck with plan A, oh well... not that it realy matters
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-06 at 09:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sheera

Looking like a porcupine after the lighning attack, Sheera realises that her spell was pretty much useless. She shakes her head.

Reaching into the spellpouch again, Sheera's arms become a blur and when she finishes... she disappeares.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sheera casts invisibility and then moves 7 squares right and 2 up, and hiding.

OOC: Which turn are we on right now? The second?
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-08 at 04:17 PM. Reason: grammar

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide check in the bush: (d20+11)[29]

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Raven

Raven makes more arcane gestures, speaking strange words, then looks around carefully.

Spoiler
    Show
    cast See Invisibility
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

The group learning that they are not the lone magic wielders quickly take evasive actions. Sheera Quickly summons her magic to cover her form and she disappears from view before running to the safety of the bushes hoping no one follows her actions.

Raven summons his magical energy and focuses it with his eyes and scans the area for invisible foes. However even as he looks around the landscape is unchanged. Except his ally seams a to be outlined in a haze as she runs up the hill and hides among the bushes.

but as the others seek means to avoid the arrows of the orcs more arrows fall from the sky surrounding the reaming warriors. As the new volley falls among the group a single arrow digs deeply into Bariis shoulder just between the collar bones (8damage)

As the monk recovers from the shock of her new wound the plants around her and the others begin to grow amazingly fast. As the plants grow the entwine themselves about everyone's legs in an attempt to hold them (reflex 14 or entangled if pass in difficult terrain everyone in the red area ((ok so that is everyone but sheera)) sorry don you will now have to recalculate that run).

map
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

BardGuy

Cirrus

Cirrus attempts to avoid the curling foliage, hacking at it with his blade.

(Reflex save: (1d20+6)[22])

His bulky form moves with supernatural speed as he bounds out of the foliage, skirting quickly across the valley floor. His eyes fixed on the archers, he takes cover behind a small copse of trees, hopefully protecting him from the archers' volley. He pauses for breath, leaning against a tree. Closing his eyes for a moment he focuses and his woulds begin to close).

(Cirrus will manifest Hustle to take two move actions, moving (via diagonals) a total of 6 squares to the right and 10 squares up, placing him directly to the left of the four-block of trees. He will then manifest Body Adjustment with his standard action (augmented by 2 points) to cure himself of [roll]2d12[/roll] hp.)
    Last edited by cbdb; 2008-08-08 at 06:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

BardGuy

Roll for Body Adjustment: (2d12)[15]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Vadina Reflex - (1d20+6)[19]
    Ape Reflex - (1d20+6)[17] if you haven't handled that yourself.

Vadina calls to her summon in Infernal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Up the steep hill, more enemies! Kill!"

She moves toward the blinded orc, focused on getting as close as she can, then begins casting a new spell. As the chant ends, there is a loud crack, and Bariis stands where the mage once was.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move 4 squares east, 3 north, and cast Benign Transposition on Bariis and myself. She should be within charge range of Orc 6; I tried to get Orc 5 in range, but it doesn't quite work. That hill is a doozy.
    Last edited by Gardener; 2008-08-08 at 07:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sweet move Vadina.

I can't charge it because of difficult terrain but I should be able to move and attack Orc6. Bariis is getting frustrated now, so she will try and disable this orc, so that she might torture it later for information.

She will move so she is south of the orc to attack, keeping orc5 in sight in case he takes a pot-shot at her she can deflect.

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (d20+10)[26]
    Damage (d10+5)[12] non-lethal
    Scorpion's grasp(d20+10)[28]
    Damage (d10+5)[6] non-lethal

Edit: that should be 2 hits, not very impressive damage though, but hey, he is grappled now.
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-08 at 07:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Emadgar sighs as the foliage begins to attack him.

Oh Gods, not a Druid.

He glances at Cirrus, noticing the amount of damage that had already been done to him.

Hmph. Suppose I'd better help the meat-shield.

His tone of voice changes as he chants in common.

Gods, grant me the power to heal my allies.

He gasps as the positive energy flows through him, every pore filling with the essence of Good. Tears flow from his eyes as he continues to chant.

Gods...

Spoiler
    Show

Cast Cure Serious Wounds on Cirrus
    (3d8+6)[14]

The Holy energy gleaming about his hands, he reaches towards Cirrus' enlarged form.

24. - Top - End - #54

BardGuy

Cirrus

Cirrus nods to Emadgar with the touch of healing energy, he brushes the arrow out of his shoulder and runs off.

(as described above, between the spell and his own healing, he's now back to full strength)
    Last edited by cbdb; 2008-08-08 at 10:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Raven

Raven tries to dodge the leafy doom.

Reflex save: (1d20+1)[7]

If he is slowed by it, rather than stopped, he will push out of it to the NE (or at least diagonally toward the top, right... it is less than a 5' march to get out of the range of the writhing plants.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-09 at 12:26 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

(( Don I am going to assume that means you will be delaying your action until Gardner goes?

and that spell was surprisingly effective ))

As the bushes and grasses grow and entwine themselves around the group Barriss dodges the plants waiting for her opportunity to advance on the orcish archers.

Emadagar seeing the plight of her warrior companion moves to heal him but just as her concentration is diverted the plants rap themselves around his legs and begin to pull on him. He manages to gather himself despite his restraint and places his healing hands on his companion.

Vadina farthest from the center of the plants rapid growth quickly runs from the area before she cast the spell which places her now enraged companion closer to her targets. At his masters command the ape rips up the plants that surround him and charge through the encroaching terrain.

Barriss now in within striking range takes it upon herself to make good use of it and is up the steep incline with no trouble before the archer can even respond. She barrels into the archer grabbing hold of the orc before he can retaliate and flips him over her shoulder. The orc impacts the ground and a gasp is forced out of the creatures lungs as it falls into unconsciousness.

Cirrus does his best to move out of the entangling plants, which is quite a good attempt and as he attempts to hide behind the small trees he finishes where the cleric left off feeling strong enough for the rest of the fight.

In the distant bushes the group hears a short scream cut short quickly and unnaturally. However it is followed near immediately with a howl of furry and then scream of terror as Sheera learns of the druids guardian and trick. A great dog leaps from the stone of the mountain and attack the mage before she can understand her new position. the dog quickly grabs hold of Sheera and pulls her to the ground (7 damage and you are prone).

Raven distracted by the screams of the near by fight is to slow to avoid the weeds as the climb his leg. The weeds take hold and pull and it is all he can do to keep from falling to a knee.

((there we go now Raven I need your action (you are entangled it take a dc 20 str or escape artist check to not be entangled each of which take a full round but you can move half your speed after) otherwise you are restricted to the square you are in (the weeds are tethered to the ground) and take -2 to attack roles and -4 to dex and need to make a concentration check of 15+level to cast spells

Flashlight you must have expected the companion to be somewhere now self respecting druid would leave himself open like that at least you got your spell off.))

map:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Druids are so cheesy anyway Thank god it's only a dog, and not a dire owlbear or whatever. Btw, from your description I assume the druid is helpless?

Sheera

Sheera can do nothing but scream as the large dog falls over her and bites in her soft flesh, jumping only a second off her to growl. Pain and fear flood her mind.

"Argh! Over here!, the druid is mute now, help!

Damn animal! Take this!

Adrenaline pumping through her system, Sheera focuses on her next spell, perfectly coordinating her moves while scrambling back from the dog, denying it an easy target. Her clothes begin to meld away, flow apart and weave together into a beam of blinding colors, straight into the dog's eyes!
    The spot where Sheera was lying some moments ago is empty now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sheera casts Blinding Color Surge at the stupid mongrel! DC 17 blind for the dog, invisibility for Sheera. I assume my crossbow is drawn like stated in PM?

EDIT: I forgot that I'm also to stand up as a Move Action.
    Concentration for Defensive Casting:
    (d20+11)[29]
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-08-11 at 04:03 PM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Raven

Raven pulls, but realizes that despite freedom being a short way off, he's not strong enought to escape easily while under attack. "We're fighting a druid... not an invisible opponent! Someone start blasting the trees!" He chants a quick spell, expecting an attack soon for his revelation.

Spoiler
    Show
    cast Mirror Image, for (1d4+1)[2] images...
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-09 at 04:19 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

29. - Top - End - #59

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [I don't think I'm entangled, so assuming there are no drastic changes, this'll be my next action]

Hearing Sheera's cry, Emadgar sighs and begins rushing towards the source of the sound.

Hmm. I better lend her a hand. Oh well, at least I'll get to smash a Druid. Bloody Druids.

Spoiler
    Show

Emadgar will use two move actions to rush towards Sheera, assuming he's not entangled on his next turn. If he is... He'll sulk or something.
    Reflex Save
    (1d20-2)[1]
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-08-09 at 09:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dropping the limp body of the orc to the ground Bariis readies herself for another assault, she bounds across the ridgeline towards the last archer, clenching her fists with a crack before she leaps into the bush.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving to Orc5 and attacking, scorpion's grasp as usual
    Attack:(1d20+10)[21]
    Damage:(1d10+5)[8]
    Scorpions grasp Damage:(1d10+5)[13]

Edit: Lethal this time
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-11 at 07:41 PM.