New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Civil war, King Erwind.

In the country of Daraccia it has always been so that the Eldest son of the king, be it bastard or rightborn, is to inherit the throne. When the late king Arwul died Prince Erwind declared himself Crown-prince and started preparations for his crowning. But then merely a few days before the crowning a young man came to the castle claiming to be a bastard son of the late king and claimant to the throne! He even had proof to back it up!
    There was one thing, however, who made even Erwinds fiercest enemies shift. The man was half black dragon.
    Erwind had the man beaten and exiled to the swamplands in the western parts of the realm, and was crowned king a week later.

Rumors of what had happened spread and many men and women of stature thought that what the King had done was wrong. and that the half-dragon should be king regardless of his ... black half. The king would have none of this and made all talk about it illegal.

three years later a medium sized army or goblins, orcs, hobgoblins and humans attacked the castle Korag-Urut.

Many people rallied to Gyradan's banner. Young Knights with ideals of honour and justice, people who simply didnt like Erwind, People which held the law above all else and people who was considered monsters by humanity and was promised better lives by Gyradan. as time passed he also got the assistance of the Drow pirates, the Kobolds and even a few tieflings! the halflings still remain neutral.

On the other side of the war, King Erwind and his followers knew that the relam could never be given to a half-dragon. a half BLACK dragon! he would make the realm a living hell for humans and invade the neighboring countries! And gods know what evils he would unleash upon the world.
    Many shared the views of their king, and even some beyond his borders. The dwarfs and the elves of S'az-kaz, the cervidals, the centaurs and even the Thri-keen who lived south-east of Daraccia came to help.

the halflings remains neutral.

Now, both Gyradan and King Erwind is each organizing their own group of elite commandos to sabotage their enemy and subtly break them down!
    They would accept only the best of the best and YOU have answered the summons. gold, glory, justice, honour or whatever other reason you might have, YOU will fight to the bitter end for your king!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

You all wait eagerly in a tent at the caste grounds in Wilwind castle. The original plans had involved a reception inside the castle and a ceremony but alas, things dont always go as planned. And then the king himself entered the tent. "No need to kneel" he quickly said " we have little time. It touches me deeply to see that you all, the best warriors in the land, was able to answer my summons so quickly. well, as i said ... or did i? hm... anyways! You have a important job to do! Just north of the halfling city there is a old ruin holding a magical artifact. Gyradan the usurper has sent some men to obtain it. and i will have none of that! i want you to go to Therwer and report to the city guards. they will take you to a boat that will take yoy to your destination. questions?"
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Civil war, King Erwind.

Valence looks up from sharpening one of his daggers and says "What's my pay for this assignment? The others may be here because of loyalty but I have never been one of your subjects and am only here for pay."
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

"ever the mercenary. you will be paid accordingly to how well you acomplish the task. anything else?"
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Falwell Colms

Falwell looks around taking in his other now compatriots. Hearing Valence's greed insults the code that Falwell has pledged to uphold; Fight to protect the rightful king of the land, be it pure blood or bastard, in whatever way possible, be that combat or subterfuge.

I am here of my own accord to serve you, King Erwind. I have fought for many kings, including your father, King Arwul, and I cannot and will not believe that he would have created such an abomination of our lands, this black dragon bastard. I will do anything to clear your rightful name in our glorious history! I can only hope all of you are here for the same reasons.

Falwell seems to be very proud of his speech, hoping to influence some of his new found "friends", which is a very loose term, and does not sit right in Falwell's mind. As he is giving this speech you see his bright green eyes almost begin to glow, and his sliver hair that is usually hidden under his helm, become more iridescent.

Falwell then kneels anyway, even if the king had told him it was not necessary, there is always time for respect. Falwell drops his head and looks at his feet, waiting for Erwind's blessing to rise and prepare himself.

[ooc]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well... there is our first taste of Falwell... He doesn't care how things get done, but he knows what side he stands for and for what reasons. I don't know if we were going to start an OOC thread, but this is another easy way to make comments to each other and such without clogging the thread. I'm just used to doing it this way, so I did real quick here, but if we do start an OOC, let me know! I may still comment on my actions here, or make rolls and stuff in these [spoiler ] blocks. FOR THE KING!!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

"ah, yes you've been a loyal subject and a noble warrior for so long, the kingdom owes you much, uhm, you may rise... tell me, what order was it belonged to?"
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-02 at 09:22 AM.

on M&B:

6. - Top - End - #6

Valence seems unphased by Falwell's speech and says "Gyradan could easily be King Arwul's bastard, magic can bewitch people or make a dragon appear to be a very pretty maiden."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

" and that exactly why such a bastard would be and should be considered illegitimate AND unfit for the throne!" the king snaps at the merc. "Ahem. if that was all..."

on M&B:

8. - Top - End - #8

Valance calmly looks at the king and says "I never said he was legitimate or that he was fit for the throne. I was pointing out a flaw in the young knights reasoning. Just like I am now pointing out that you should control your temper better. You are a king, you can never afford to appear to be in less than total command of a situation or the kingdom. The first step to that appearence is keeping yourself under control. Which means you don't loose your temper when a hired assassin points out a flaw in a young knights statement."

Valance stares at the king for a second before continuing "A king in the middle of a civil war against a usurper who he considers to be pure evil might also consider it a good idea to bring body guards with him when he meets with armed, mercenary assassins. Kings who die old an in their beds don't make mistakes like that. Now while the rest of my associates ask their questions I have some royal bodyguards to instruct in their duties."

Valance gives a deep bow to the king and walks out of the tent looking for the royal bodyguards.
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-08-02 at 10:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

the king looks at the other men with a surprised face "does that guy... even have a soul? he sounded like a machine... and what did he mean about 'young knight'. sure, time has been kind to you, dear Colms, but youre older than me!" he looks to the tent opening and back again " dont tell him, but i dont need bodyguards" the king whispers with a wink and puts his hand on his sword, which those who knows even a little of the kingdoms history knows is quite special.
    Domina Rex. the kings sword.

outside, the merc with a mouth meets two VERY large and angry looking silver golems.
    "GOING SOMEWHERE,BUB?"
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-02 at 11:14 AM.

on M&B:

10. - Top - End - #10

Valance looks up at the golems and says "That would be none of your concern as your king hasn't ordered me detained. But if you must know, I am off to find some competent bodyguards for the king. The ones he has now are far to large."

Valance walks past the golems and looks around for a good master sergeant.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The golems stare intently at him before one rumbles to the other "man... i think he just called us fat."
    "that's a insult"
    "Law nr.37, paragraph III: and if he shalt insult thy servant, he might be smothen."
    "does that mean shoot to kill?"
    "not yet... for now we may just break one of his bones."
    "sweet"

The golems lean forward...
    "Stand down!" someone shouts. "hmph... yes." the golems say with clear disappointment in their voices. A young woman dressed in very fine wizard garbs approaches " excuse them. seems like mixing human souls with golems want that smart after all." she smiles " they get bored to quickly. but its almost worth it. i mean because of the intelligence bonus." she brushes some hair back behind her ear " I- I helped making them."

on M&B:

12. - Top - End - #12

Valance nods to the women and says "You don't want soldiers who are too smart, it tends to cause problems." Valance thinks for a bit before saying "Could you make golems who are significantly smaller, man sized say? Your king could use bodyguards who can actually fit inside buildings or tents. Oh, and is what they quoted actually a law?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"oh, the king is capable of defending himself. he does, after all, wield Domina Rex." she says with a slight giggle " and yes, it is a law. eh, was! in civilized lands atleast. nowdays a king servant may only whip anyone who insults him. but, heh, i accidentally installed the old law in them." you cant help but feel that this is a girl that is used to make 'minor' mistakes such as that.

on M&B:

14. - Top - End - #14

Valance looks off at the horizon as he says "And if a mage put an assassin who specializes in non magical attacks inside a Smokey Confinement spell, cast Time Stop, teleported into the kings chamber, released the assassin next to the king, and then created an antimagic field that covered the king? That would neutralize all of the kings magical defenses and weapons, allowing the assassin to make an unhindered attack on the king. This is what I do, and the king needs guards who are always vigilant and prepared to attack anyone who just pops in instantly."

Valance turns and looks at the girl as he continues "So who are you and what is your position in the kings court anyways?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"wow, you talk as much as me sometimes." she smiles. "oh, i am the kings daughter. My name is Arrabellona."

on M&B:

16. - Top - End - #16

Valance bows and says "A pleasure to meet your princess. may I inquire as to why you are out in this god forsaken camp instead of back at the palace?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"oh well, the palace isn't THAT far away." she says with a mild blush "and besides, its so boring there." she sighs and fidgets with her staff " I overheard that dad would greet some secret commando group and i just wanted to see them."

on M&B:

18. - Top - End - #18

Valance smiles at the child and says "I'm sure you could make the palace quite exciting if you were inclined. As for the commandos, one of them is speaking to you."

On the last word he flourishes a hand and disappears, only to reappear behind Arrabellona when he pokes her in the back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Cloak of Deception to get greater invisibility until the end of my turn and taking a move action to get behind the princess and poke her
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Arrabellona squeals and giggle at the prank.
    "is that...legal?" one golem whispers
    "im not even sure what I'm looking at" the other replied.

on M&B:

20. - Top - End - #20

Valance turns to the golem and says "Why wouldn't it be?" before popping up to the golems shoulder as he speaks the final word.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Shadow Jaunt to teleport up to the golems shoulder.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"uuuhr... because... you... its the princess... there are certain rules about how to act around her." the golem stutters

on M&B:

22. - Top - End - #22

Valance grins and calls down to the princess "Princess, didn't you order me to poke you? This golems hearing seems to be defective."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"why, certainly, mister .... eh... i dont know your name..." the princess giggles.
    "Uhh... my hearing units appear to be malfunctioning." the golem stressed.
    "i told you should have upgraded to linux." the other golem sighs.

on M&B:

24. - Top - End - #24

Valance laughs and tumbles down from his perch on the golem before saying "You may call me Valance, Princess. And I see that even with your upgrades to their intelligence those golems can still get themselves quite confused."

Spoiler
    Show
    Jump and Tumble to reduce the distance of the fall. I auto make the checks if it is less than 30 feet, taking no damage. If its more than that I need a roll of 13 to reduce it by another 10 feet.

[roll]1d20[/roll]
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-08-02 at 01:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"yes, Valance. that appears to be a side-effect to the intelligence." she smiles.

on M&B:

26. - Top - End - #26

Valance says "Yes, but that is quite a problem in body guards. Care to help me find some humans who don't get quite so confused to keep your father alive?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"oh, sure." she says, mildly flushed "i'll walk with you."
    The golems look at each other with as much concern as their move-less faces could muster.

on M&B:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Dresil looks up from softly playing a tune when the king walks in, and listens to him speak intently. He puts his ocarina away, and bows slightly.

Begging your pardon, Your Majesty, but two questions I have of you. One, will this boat have enough room for our mounts? And two, what sort of magical artifact would we be looking for?

29. - Top - End - #29

Valance turns to the golems and says "Now keep the king safe, we wouldn't want him dieing while you were on guard. I'm afraid that we would have to melt you down for scrap if that were to happen. Oh, and jump up and down 3 times when the rest of my party comes out so I will know to come back. The king would be ever so disappointed if I couldn't complete the mission that he is paying me for because his guards didn't notify me."

Turning back to the princess Valance says "So princess, do you know any old master sergeants. Preferable ones who have seen combat?"
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-08-02 at 01:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

" ah, the boat is quite large, yes. so your horses will find plenty of room. as for the artifact... all i DO know is that it has the shape of a animal skull or something like that. the details are vague, but its powerful! thats why you cant let it fall into wrong claws." The king takes a deep breath "i suggest that when you reach the ruin you let the team Gyradan sent get the artifact. and as they come out, you assault them." :)

on M&B: