New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civil war, King Erwind.

response to 20listen: Valance hears someone scratching their head. but he have no idea where it came from.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

To Valance

The way I see it is like this, my friend. We have a job to do. Yes, but the king can take care of himself. If he couldn't, he would not be the ruler of all of us. So while you regulation-types are running around like chickens with your heads cut off, I am enjoying the nice day, waiting for the rest of the squad His Majesty has charged to complete this task with is ready.

I've got a beautiflu view for when everyone is raring to go, and I can sit back, and see what needs to be seen, hear what should be heard, and learn what has to be learned in the mean time. Not all preparation is in front of a map or behind a book, good Sir Knight.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

Valance laughs "I'm no knight. It just happens to be in my contract that I'm to do everything in my power to keep the kid on the throne and alive, and I tend to like to at least put in an effort in keeping the terms of my contracts. As for the king being able to take care of himself, you have to be joking. He is on the throne solely because the other choice was some unknown half-black dragon bastard.

In regards to the chicken comment, I just did more to win us this war than anyone else. If Gyradan had met my price than I would have been assaulting this tent 20 minutes ago with about 50 hand picked men. Take out both of the golems at the same time with a disentigrate on the ground underneath each of them and a forcecage directly over their heads to keep them in the holes. A darkness spell on the head of each wouldn't go amiss either. As thats happening 5 assassins who specialize in non magic work would rush in under antimagic fields and stab the king to death. The rest would be encircling the tent and keeping everyone else out. Once the king is dead one of the mage's breaks out a teleportation circle scroll, casts it inside the tent, and we all rush through it. Into a nice prepared ambush for anyone following us, bringing the kings body of course. Then we break out one of the spells that makes it so a person can't be resurrected.

All told it would have cost about 250,000 GP.

Doing all of that now would be significantly harder. Doing it next week would be even harder still."
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

the golems start laughing. its like listening to someone shake a metal bucket filled with rocks "heHAHA...HE SAID!hehehehehe! HE SAID DISENTRIGATE!" "BUAHAHAHAHAHAAA!"
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

5. - Top - End - #65

Griffon

You seem to have thought this out quite thouroughly, for one who is on our side. In any case, I wonder when our comrades shall be ready?

6. - Top - End - #66

Valance looks up at the golems and says "Yes, how would you like a 10 foot wide, 20 foot deep hole appearing directly under your feet. And incidentally, I think it would have been a waste of money. You two need a serious reeducation."

Valance turns to Leons and says "Would you go find someone who knows how to build field fortifications and bring him here? I think its time these golems started their training as soldiers."

Valance blinks in surprise as he turns to the bard "Of course I've thought this through. If you saw a musical performance or someone giving a speech wouldn't you critique it? I'm an assassin, I critique security and find ways through it."
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-08-02 at 04:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

It was then, that Davhid rode into the stables. Calling for a stableboy, he dismounted his horse, and tried to spot the nearest person who looked like they knew what was going on.

Camps were always funny things - in Davhid's mind. Everyone was always rushing around - probably on fetch or delivery errands - but, only a few people actually knew what was going on. And they were usually officers. Granted, Davhid was an officer himself, but, it seemed like the higher-ranking officers were more concerned with politics than warfare.
    Davhid believed in two kinds of officers, there were the kind who were born into it, and went to gentlemen schools, and when finished were given a rank. And there were the kinds like Davhid, who are promoted through excellence and skill. And both kinds thought that the other kind were idiots.

Take now, for example. Everyone was gearing up for a suspected war between the rightful King Erwind, and the bastard Gyradan. This war was all politics. The bred-officers wouldn't be anywhere near this camp, whilst the grunts and 'field-officers' would be doing all the work.

Davhid scowled at the stableboy, who seemed to've forgotten how to brush a horse down. "So help me boy...If you don't do that right..."
    The stableboy went back to the task of brushing the officers horse. Davhid bent down to the stableboy;
    "Just between you 'n me, us officers aren't all that bad. Hellfires, I'm Sumwer-stock, born and raised. You just do your job right. Who knows, kid like you? Could be a squire someday."
    Davhid flicked a silver piece at the boy.
    No-one remembered the peasants. They have lives too. You treat them like dirt; Time comes you want your horse shoed, and the smith remembers you. So he charges you three or four times normal price.

Of course, it helped that Davhid was a peasant once himself.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    wow. for a four you hear this:
    mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble stoinking great mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble ...

after the king was done talking to the knight he turned to Falwell "what order did you say you was in again?"
    Falwell Colms

Well Sire, I served under your father when he was still a prince, before he took throne in the first wars to quell the Gnoll invasion from the south, where your father won some of his glory, and I with him. He fought honorably till the very end sire, and his death has weighed heavy on my heart. I served shortly after that as the trainer of new recruits into the imperial army and the city guard. It has been a wonderful challenge over the last few decades, but my horse and my blade itch for combat. I pray that we are able to bring this heathen to justice. My only question sire is this. My equipment has been neglected as of late, and I am turning to your benovolence to aid a supporter of your late father, and now you, in this quest to come with some protection and perhaps armament suitable of a Knight of the now house of Erwind.

You can see a slight smirk on Falwell's face on having the balls to ask the King for arms and armor, but it makes sense to him considering the service that he has performed for the kingdom.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

Oblivion D20 ~ Adventuring for the Emperor ~
    Hunter ~ Base Class focused on Ranged Power ~

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...FALWELL COLMS...no longer playing

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

Props to Mephibosheth for the Avatar

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

"we're immune to all kinds of magic, numbnut." the golems laugh at Valance.

"OI! the king wants you in the tent. NOW!" a soldier shouts into the stable.

on M&B:

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMacGuy View Post
    Falwell Colms

Well Sire, I served under your father when he was still a prince, before he took throne in the first wars to quell the Gnoll invasion from the south, where your father won some of his glory, and I with him. He fought honorably till the very end sire, and his death has weighed heavy on my heart. I served shortly after that as the trainer of new recruits into the imperial army and the city guard. It has been a wonderful challenge over the last few decades, but my horse and my blade itch for combat. I pray that we are able to bring this heathen to justice. My only question sire is this. My equipment has been neglected as of late, and I am turning to your benovolence to aid a supporter of your late father, and now you, in this quest to come with some protection and perhaps armament suitable of a Knight of the now house of Erwind.

You can see a slight smirk on Falwell's face on having the balls to ask the King for arms and armor, but it makes sense to him considering the service that he has performed for the kingdom.
    "serve me well and I shall have you promoted to a Knight of the Silver lion." The king smiles "and i THINK i can get you a sword, lance and some chainmail." he says with a wink and calls for a squire.

on M&B:

11. - Top - End - #71

Valance turns to the bard and says "See, idiots."

Turning back to the golems he says "The magic would not be used on you. It would be used on the ground that you are standing on. The ground that is not immune to magic. The ground that if it wasn't there wouldn't be supporting you. If it wasn't there you would be standing in a hole. How do you get out of a hole? By climbing or jumping. A force cage over the top of your head means you can't jump or climb very well. You would have to dig your way out. It would take you longer than 18 seconds to do so. By the time you had done so the attack would have been finished."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, that was his cue. Davhid headed off to what seemed like the command tent - or the mess tent. You never know, there were always lots of people at both.
    But, Davhid assumed it to be the command tent, there wasn't any music, or any vulgar jokes being said. That, and everyone near the tent had the expression of having a stick in a very uncomfortable place.

Dave saw two quite large golems, and somebody who seemed annoyed was talking to them. To be honest, Davhid never liked those golems, he'd met them before. When he was made into an officer, and the King himself had given him his Officer's Sword. Still, Davhid thought that the golems were too conspicuous, and they seemed like they had a mental deficit. Whoever crafted them was probably out-of-sorts too.
    The way Davhid would kill the King, the golems would be useless. He knew a man that could kill someone with a bow from almost two hundred feet away.

Golems aside, Davhid walked into the tent - relieved he had chosen the right one.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

13. - Top - End - #73

Griffon

With a sweep of his silver cloak, Dresil walks back into the tent. Hopefully the others didn't have the mind like this one, just for killing and profit.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

"but by then, we wouldve shot the mage long before." one golem rumble

on M&B:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

" aah, Davhid!" the king says. "have you been briefed?"

on M&B:

16. - Top - End - #76

Valance sighs and says "Yes, but by then they will have already accomplished their goal. You wouldn't be able to interfere with those going in to kill the king."

Valances eyes flicked over the officer approaching, analyzing him and the threat he represented. Once the man is inside Valance turns to Killgar and says "Why did you just let an armed man into the kings presence without first getting his identity and asking if the king wanted to see him?"

Valance grumbles under his breath "Does no one in this camp take security seriously? And where is Leons with the engineer?
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thats Davidh. he no kill king. simply as that" Killgar says.

on M&B:

18. - Top - End - #78

Falwell Colms

Thank you for your generosity, sire.

Falwell meets the stable boy as he is coming back in with the sword, lance and chainmail. Falwell also notices that he has brought a fresh horse and tied it up outside the tent, as if we may be leaving soon...

Falwell dresses himself in his armor and straps the sword onto his side, it feels light and quick to strike, exactly as Falwell had hoped. The armor, also light and easy to wear, the King has blessed him with superior quality items, and he will use them in the King's name.

Falwell then takes a seat in the tent, waiting for the King to speak.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

Valance sighs "How do you know that was Davidh and not an assassin using magic to disguise himself as Davidh? Now where is Leons, he better not be off getting drunk."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

"cause he smellse like Davidhe. assassins not think like that." he says and stares intently at him.

on M&B:

21. - Top - End - #81

"So you have a good sense of smell. Nice to know. You still should announce him before letting him enter."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

"but its Davidhee... we like him. he has saved uses lives lot of many times. good officer." he says and nods. "good times"
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-02 at 05:44 PM.

on M&B:

23. - Top - End - #83

Griffon

To Valance:
    These golems are smarter than you think, friend. One would not have spent the time or effort making such creatures if the did not have a use.

To Golems:
    In my eyes, you are doing a bang up job. Keep up the good work you two.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

"psst"
    "hm?"
    "what does bangup mean?"
    "i think... he is insulting us!"
    "ooohohooohoo...."
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-02 at 05:45 PM.

on M&B:

25. - Top - End - #85

Valance glances at the bard and says "I spent a while talking to their creator and she admitted that they had several flaws."

Valance notices Leons and another person approaching. "Good, the engineer is here."

"Good work Leons. We should get a few runners here as well, but I suppose that can wait."

Turning to the engineer Valance says "Good, your here. These two golems need to be taught how to create fortifications and how to set up camp. I've been told they are reasonable intelligent when focused. I want a 10 foot high, 3 foot wide, tiered breastwork with a moat in front of it placed all around this tent, a thousand foot radius. That will be the outer defensive perimeter for the moment. Then I want the same thing except in a hundred foot radius, that will be the inner perimeter. These golems will do the labor and you will instruct them. If they can't seem to master it start them on latrine duty."

Turning to face the two bodyguards he says "One of you should bed down and get some rest, you will be on duty later tonight."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Leons chatter with his large fangs and stares at Valance with his insectoid eyes "excuse me good sir, but shouldnt you be...in the tent?"

The king comes out from the tent with the others behind him. "we can wait no longer. ride to your destination. have a chat at the way. get to know each other. HAHA! ah... if anyone else answers the summons i shall have them sent after you. MOVE MOVE MOVE!"
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-02 at 06:04 PM.

on M&B:

27. - Top - End - #87

Valance bows to the king and says to the guards "I expect a full guard force by the time I return." And turning to the engineer he adds "And those golems better know how to set up fortifications."

On the way out of the camp Valance stops and grabs his light warhorse from the stables.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

28. - Top - End - #88

Griffon

The bard salutes King Erwind.

Yessir Your Majesty!

And he takes off for the stables, looking for his horse. A few moments later he comes riding out on a light brown heavy warhorse.

So boys, shall we say last one there buys the first round of ale when we get back? Haha...

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Dresil View Post
    The bard salutes King Erwind.

Yessir Your Majesty!

And he takes off for the stables, looking for his horse. A few moments later he comes riding out on a light brown heavy warhorse.

So boys, shall we say last one there buys the first round of ale when we get back? Haha...
    Falwell Colms

As you utter the last of your words, you see the Knight, in full battle dress, on his horse and riding away towards the meeting point for the boat. He turns his head back towards you and yells,

COME ON NOW! ALL OF YOUR CHATTER AND YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING!! FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT THERE ALIVE, OR YOU CAN FIND YOUR OWN WAY...

Falwell's voice fades as he is already several hundred feet away from you now, and riding very hard, almost flying you would think if it were not for the dust and dirt being thrown up from the hooves of his horse.

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    Catch me if you can...
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Davhid saluted the King "Yes your Majesty. A courier brought me a summons outlining the task at hand, only two days ago. I came as fast as I could." Davhid didn't bow. Especially not in the field. Who knows what could happen when your eyes are looking at the ground? Of course, Davhid had found this out the hard way. Davhid hated snipers...

"I'm also honored that you remember me sir...Your Majesty. And now, I'll be off." he gave the King another salute and set off to the stables.

Davhid heard the bluster of the knight. He almost grimaced. A Knight? Damn. he thought. Davhid never knew where he stood with Knights, they weren't really part of the military, and they had a different set of ranks. Davhid could never remember who outranked what. First in, first shot. As I always say. Davhid half chuckled to himself.

Davhid spotted another swordsman, spouting off orders for fortifications. And, it sounded like Davhid was right, the man had been trying to talk sense to the golems. Almost always ineffectual.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-08-02 at 08:02 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome