New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Civil war, King Erwind.

Falwell Colms

Falwell spurs his horse and nods to the noble to do the same. They reach the end of the bridge, and ride off, a little slower after they are off the bridge. Falwell hopes Dresil knows what he is doing.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

Oblivion D20 ~ Adventuring for the Emperor ~
    Hunter ~ Base Class focused on Ranged Power ~

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...FALWELL COLMS...no longer playing

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

Props to Mephibosheth for the Avatar

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Dresil waits until Falwell and the noble are about 30 feet off the bridge, hoping Dahvid has done the same. He then turns to the enemy commander.

Well sir, there is naught but one thing I can say to you after this ordeal... RUN FOR IT!!!

Dresil casts Invisibility, then Expiditious Retreat (a swift action, movement 60 feet) and runs as fast as he can towards Falwell and Dahvid.

Faster, faster faster faster! Run run run runrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrun!!!!

3. - Top - End - #393

Falwell Colms

Falwell hears the scream of Dresil from the middle of the bridge. Damn that boy for his plans and ideas.

RUN FOR IT? THAT IS ALL YOU HAD PLANNED? Falwell shouts back toward Dresil, who he can no longer see, but sure can hear just fine, screaming run at the top of his lungs. THIS WAS NOT THE PLAN! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE THE EXCHANGE! Falwell then turns to the noble, I do hope you know how to ride sir, because I believe my friends may need my help. There is a city just up the road, ride there as fast as you can, and get a room at the Inn. Here, this gold should pay for everything. Falwell drops a pouch of 100 Gold in the noble's hand. NOW RIDE!

Falwell strikes the horse with his hand, spurring it ahead. He is still riding, but slightly slower, in hopes that Dresil will catch up and he can help. Falwell looks back and can see Davhid behind him, but he cannot see Valance, which was mostly the point of his hiding on the other side.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblins shout with anger and wave with their weapons nut the enemy commander stands still. He opens the visor on his helmet "I AM NOT SURPRISED! ITS NOT THE FIRST TIME ERWIND AND HIS FALSE DOGS BREAKS THE CODE OF HONOUR!" he does not follow...
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

5. - Top - End - #395

Griffon

With the aid of magic, Dresil easily catches up to the horses. He continues running as hard as he can, not daring to look back.

Give me a break! What did you want to do, challenge him to a fair fight? Look at it this way, we now have the noble and the ransom!

6. - Top - End - #396
    Firbolg in the Playground

Valance grits his teeth when he sees what Dresil is doing and thinks to himself The idiot, I was going to kill the commander after he had the ransom and then run away from them the other way. That would have given then the chance to run back to the base and the ability to deny that the King's forces broke their word. Only one way to salvage this.

Valance sighs as he pulls out a small rod the size of his pinky and breaks it in half then whispers "Yell to Dresil to run with noble, shoot at enemy, yell to Falwell to attack leader. Have too kill them all to salvage this disaster."

Once the message is off his daggers appear in his hand and Valance waits for Davhid to attack before surprising the enemy by attacking himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my 1 time use item of Whispering Wind to send a message to right behind Davhid, getting Falwell as well if possible within the radius (but avoiding the badguys).
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

7. - Top - End - #397

Falwell Colms

Falwell hears a faint noise behind him, then a booming voice "Yell to Dresil to run with noble, shoot at enemy, yell to Falwell to attack leader. Have too kill them all to salvage this disaster.", and it sounds exactly like Valance. Knowing that this must be Valance's sign, Falwell makes sure that the noble is riding away, and turns his horse around, lowers his lance, and spurs toward the commander on the bridge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Falwell will take a charge attack run at the commander while on his heavy war horse. The horse's base speed (50ft) should allow Falwell to reach the commander in just another turn charging, since he has spent one running away, but not at full speed. Falwell will then attack with his lance at the end of that charge. Since Falwell also has the ride-by attack feat, he will move past the commander then and turn his horse around about 20 or 30 feet past the end of the bridge, ready for another go at him.

Ride: (1d20+16)[17]
    ATK: (1d20+10)[13]
    DMG: (1d8+3)[9] x4 because of spirited charge (x2) & because a lance was used in a charge on horseback (x2).
    Horse ATK: (1d20+8)[18]
    Horse DMG: (1d6+4)[7]

After this attack, and Falwell turns around to glare at the commander, he will use his "Test of Mettle" skill to challenge all enemies to attack him. Every enemy with a CR of 3 or greater has to make a will save vs DC 17 or be compelled to attack only me. This is not mindless attacking, they are just focused on me, not putting themselves in harms way, like through excessive attacks of opportunity or something of he like.

Falwell will also single out the commander at the end of this, with one more swift action using his "Fighting Challenge" ability against him. If the commander has a CR of 3 or greater and an INT score of 5 or more, I gain a +1 Will Bonus and a +1 to ATK and DMG from now until 8 rounds from now, or until he is dead.

Oh, and the commander is my Shield block and Dodge opponent, so my AC vs his blows is 2 higher.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Davhid dismounts and draws his bow and notches an arrow to it. Aiming at the enemy commander, Davhid yells across the bridge;
    "If none of you move, I wont have to shoot. Let us walk away. You took him from us for nothing, and now we're taking him from you for nothing. Sounds fair to me."
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-08-24 at 05:19 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

9. - Top - End - #399

Griffon

Battle is not exactly Dresil's forte. He can survive in a scuffle sure, but this is what he was good at. Catching up to the noble he calls to him.

Okay, here is the deal. Those guys are the soldiers, mercanaries and the like. Let's let them do their job, and me do mine. Right now, its getting you to safety, and last I checked a battle is not all that safe.

(Invisibility and Exp. Retreat have 6 minutes of duration each)

10. - Top - End - #400

Spoiler
    Show

Falwell would only here a whisper, and then only if he is within range of Davhid at the time. Dresil wouldn't here a thing unless he was likewise in range.

And just attack already Davhid.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Seeing Falwell charge, Davhid mutters "Damn." as he lets fly two arrows over the bridge at the fallen knight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid Shot:
    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[20]
    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[23]

Damage 1: (1d8)[5]
    Damage 2: (1d8)[7]
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-08-24 at 06:15 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

12. - Top - End - #402

Valance waits to see what the enemy does in response to his allies actions before deciding on his own.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

13. - Top - End - #403

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, well I heard it as a booming voice inside my head... oh well, Falwell got the message, and I hope the Commander did to. Lets see how this resolves.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404

Spoiler
    Show
    the commander wouldn't hear it at all. If I wanted him to hear it I would have just shouted instead of using a 300 gp item.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Davhid's first arrow bounce off his armour while the second penetrate his armour but the arrow slides out and fall to the ground and the hole in the armour closes by itself. The commander dodges Falwells assault masterfully. He turns to glare back at him, and then he takes up a horn and blow it. the sound feels like it rattles your very bones... he then closes his visor and pulls out his bastard sword "Let us DANCE!" he shouts back to Falwell and dismounts.
    goblins will save:
    (1d20+4)[5]
    (1d20+4)[18]
    (1d20+4)[21]
    (1d20+4)[17]

any goblin not under the influence of Falwell will shoot at davhid. those under it will shoot at Falwell with their composite shortbows, each shooting two arrows:
    (1d20+9)[27] (1d20+4)[5]
    (1d20+9)[17] (1d20+4)[13]
    (1d20+9)[13] (1d20+4)[5]
    (1d20+9)[20] (1d20+4)[20]
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

16. - Top - End - #406

Valance takes a flying leap to the goblin closest to himself and attacks. Once the goblin is dead he spins around to face the next closest goblin and stabs him as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    The above assumes I drop the first one on my first attack, if I don't then the second attack is against him. All the enemies are flatfooted in regards to me, my first attack comes in the surprise round.

Surprise Round swift action: Sudden Leap to the goblins.
    Surprise Round standard action: Attack the goblin.
    Attack: (1d20+12)[29] Damage: (1d4+6)[10]+(2d6)[12]
    First round standard action: Attack second goblin.
    Attack: (1d20+12)[16] Damage: (1d4+6)[10]+(2d6)[2]
    First round swift action: Change stance to Child of Shadow (20% concealment if I move more than 10 feet in a round).
    First round move action: Move 11 feet so that one of the 2 goblins left is in front of the other.

Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

17. - Top - End - #407

Griffon

Mother always said 'You are an idiot if you fight a fair battle.'
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

the first goblin is gravely hurt but not killed. He barks loudly and the other goblins surround Valance quickly and attack with their curved swords.
    first goblin dont get flank bonus.
    (1d20+9)[27] second attack: (1d20+4)[24] potential damage: (1d4)[1]
    (1d20+11)[20] second attack: (1d20+6)[19] (1d4)[2]
    (1d20+11)[18] second attack: (1d20+6)[26] (1d4)[4]
    (1d20+11)[14] second attack: (1d20+6)[16] (1d4)[4]

Huge wolves attack:
    first wolf dont get flanking bonus:
    (1d20+11)[26] potential damage: (1d8+10)[14]
    (1d20+13)[23] potential damage: (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d20+13)[30] potential damage: (1d8+10)[13]
    (1d20+9)[14] this little wolfie tries to trip you! you may take a attack of opportunity

on M&B:

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

forgot the second row of potential damage for the goblins.
    here goes, in the same order as above:
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d4)[2]
    (1d4)[2]
    (1d4)[3]

dont forget to roll the fortitude save if youre hit by the arrows.

on M&B:

20. - Top - End - #410

Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    Davhid's first arrow bounce off his armour while the second penetrate his armour but the arrow slides out and fall to the ground and the hole in the armour closes by itself. The commander dodges Falwells assault masterfully. He turns to glare back at him, and then he takes up a horn and blow it. the sound feels like it rattles your very bones... he then closes his visor and pulls out his bastard sword "Let us DANCE!" he shouts back to Falwell and dismounts.
    goblins will save:
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]

any goblin not under the influence of Falwell will shoot at davhid. those under it will shoot at Falwell with their composite shortbows, each shooting two arrows:
    [roll4] [roll5]
    [roll6] [roll7]
    [roll8] [roll9]
    [roll10] [roll11]
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

The first Goblin is compelled to attack me, which hits. The rest can try to hit Davhid. There second attacks, the first goblin that failed my will save, has to attack me, and cannot attack Valance, at least until he attacked them. So... if he took his action before me... none of them attack me, and they all attack him...

Falwell Colms

Falwell dismounts his horse and draws his heavy blade. Stepping methodically toward the commander.

Yes, my friend... lets dance...

Falwell has the look of a calm monk in his face and eyes, but his body is tense and ready to strike at any moment.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: yeah but the first goblin was attacked by valance so i rule he is filled with rage at this darn elf. and his respect/and/or fear for his commander holds him back (he knows how much a challenge means to him).

IC:

"Its a sad day when KNIGHTS break the very laws we EXIST to protect." The enemy moves slowly closer "You serve a king who don't honour the code. But it is not to late. You can join the TRUE king, the RIGHTBORN king and once again serve a king with respect for the code!"

on M&B:

22. - Top - End - #412

Falwell Colms

You know as well as I, that the code is sometimes useless in times of war, or not deserving of those who try to use it in a twisted way against true good. I serve my TRUE KING, and will not waver in that defense, especially against an evil dirty half-dragon bastard like your lord. NOW TRY AND HIT ME OR I SHALL TAKE THE FIRST STRIKE MYSELF!

Falwell is no longer the calm and well behaved Knight you first met. This man is angry, hate-filled, and ready to kill.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

"HOW DARE YOU!? you judge him purely on the colour of his skin and draconic heritage! Have ever occurred to you that the late king might have LOVED HER!?" The enemy knight is starting to lose it... "Once I was like you. loyal to Erwind and a high ranked Silver lion... CURSE THE LIONS! THEY ARE FALSE!" the knights voice is shaking slightly "But youre still a cub. you can still learn... and learn YOU WILL!"
    The knight runs at you, sword held high and ready to strike!
    13 8
    (1d20+15)[32] second attack: (1d20+8)[23]
    potential damage: (1d10+3)[6] (1d10+2)[8]
    if you are hit for damage: make a will save

you know how knight vs knight duels work? both get those bonuses?
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-25 at 02:44 PM.

on M&B:

24. - Top - End - #414

Falwell Colms

Falwell watches the Knight approach him to attack, trying to move with him and avoid the blow, but instead takes the first one to the arm causing it to take the brunt of the blow.

Spoiler
    Show

Falwell takes the first hit, but not the second (my AC vs him is 24)
    Falwell is now at 49/55 HP.

And, for the Knight Duel thing... its not exactly a duel in the sense that I'm now watching only him, weather he is or not. If he is also a Knight, then he would have that ability and he could designate me his "challenge" opponent and get the +1 ATK and DMG and +1 AC from my "Shield Block" ability as well, my other +1 AC comes from Dodge.

Falwell is able to push off the second blow, if only barely as it slides off his shield and over his head.

Falwell takes advantage of this to strike out at his opponents side.

Spoiler
    Show

ATK: (1d20+11)[18]
    DMG: (2d6+8)[14]

You can try to sway me "Knight" but you no longer hold a position of power or authority, at least one that I respect. This will be a fair fight, but only because I would never cheat, as I hope you would do the same.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll4] [roll5]
    [roll6] [roll7]
    [roll8] [roll9]
    [roll10] [roll11]
    I see two, two critical misses there.

With the arrows flying past him, Davhid realised he wasn't playing to his strengths. So, Davhid sprinted off to the side of the bridge and shot an arrow at one of the goblins.

Spoiler
    Show
    20ft move to the side (+3 AC), shooting at one of the goblins.
    Attack: (1d20+11)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[9], plus Skirmish: (4d6)[19]
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

dont forget your fortidue and will saves!
    oh, yes critical misses... now what to do with them?
    i'll post that tomorrow. now its sleepy time!

on M&B:

27. - Top - End - #417

Spoiler
    Show

Falwell's Will Save:
    (1d20+6)[14]
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418

Spoiler
    Show
    the first goblin is gravely hurt but not killed. He barks loudly and the other goblins surround Valance quickly and attack with their curved swords.
    first goblin dont get flank bonus.
    (1d20+9)[27] second attack: (1d20+4)[24] potential damage: (1d4)[1]
    (1d20+11)[20] second attack: (1d20+6)[19] (1d4)[2]
    (1d20+11)[18] second attack: (1d20+6)[26] (1d4)[4]
    (1d20+11)[14] second attack: (1d20+6)[16] (1d4)[4]

Huge wolves attack:
    first wolf dont get flanking bonus:
    (1d20+11)[26] potential damage: (1d8+10)[14]
    (1d20+13)[23] potential damage: (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d20+13)[30] potential damage: (1d8+10)[13]
    (1d20+9)[14] this little wolfie tries to trip you! you may take a attack of opportunity
    First off they are all flatfooted on the surprise round. They don't get to surround me unto after I take my first round action.

When the goblin Valance attacks fails to die like a good little boy valance attacks the goblin again and then just disappears.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Shadow Blade Technique
    Attack roll 1: (1d20+12)[28] Attack roll 2: (1d20+12)[25]
    Damage roll: (1d4+6)[9]+(2d6)[7]
    Swift Action: Cloak of Deception (greater invisibility until the end of my turn)
    Move action: Move towards the bottom of your map until 30 feet away and hide.

Hide check: (1d20+17)[35]
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

29. - Top - End - #419

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and what in the world kind of goblins are those? You had to have given them class levels or that first one would have dropped. And if so did you account for it in their CR? As for those wolves, are they dire wolves (its the only one that works with their attack bonus). If so then the wolves on their own are CR 7. And assuming 1 class level each (which still should have dropped the first goblin) for the goblins then the whole group (excluding the knight) is CR 8.

And that doesn't include the magic arrows that they are using either. If you just used regular wolves and 1 class level per goblin then this would be a CR 6 encounter (excluding the knight and arrows).
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

30. - Top - End - #420

Griffon

Dresil would probably be far enough by now away from the battle to stop the noble and climb on the back of the horse.

Methinks we still aren't moving fast enough.

He mutters to himself as he replaces the chest back into his Haversack.

Spoiler
    Show

Rule 1 Tippy.
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.