Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresil View Post
    Rule 1 Tippy.
    Rule 1? What in the world is Rule 1?
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civil war, King Erwind.

rule 1: you dont talk about fight club!

heh, those are ELITE goblin warriors. they have more than one class level. wolfs with exoskeletons? dire wolves allright! but has no class level, theyre taken right outta MM.
    ok i have class now. post moar later.
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-26 at 01:19 AM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

3. - Top - End - #423
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, but on their own, even without the knight or the arrows, they are at least a very difficult encounter. Assuming the knight is 6th level, just him and the dire wolves are a CR 9 encounter (very difficult). Assuming level 3 goblins then it is an overpowing encounter. Which means that we can expect to have at least one person end up dead. Especially since we don't have any in combat healing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

think of like this: you were supposed to do a prisoner exchange. because of the actions your group took this became a battle encounter. now you face the consequenses.
    and im not gonna tell you what level anyone is. ;P
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

5. - Top - End - #425

Spoiler
    Show
    Because Dresil was an idiot. Oh well. Are you going to post the results of mine and Davhid's attacks. I should have dropped the one goblin.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show

When has a hostage exchane EVER gone right? Its common sense. Besides, encounters do not necesarily mean to be fought.
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

thats right, dresil. now, your combat will be fixed as soon as i have taken a well deserved DUMP and gotten some food in me belly.

The goblin falls of his wolf who immediately starts to whimper, two of the other goblins jump of their wolves and kneel next to the goblin, starting to treat the wounds and trying to wake him up. The last looks for that blasted elf! He shouts and barks in goblin as he pulls out a recent arrow delivered by Davhid.
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-08-26 at 10:14 AM.

on M&B:

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMacGuy View Post
    Falwell Colms

Falwell watches the Knight approach him to attack, trying to move with him and avoid the blow, but instead takes the first one to the arm causing it to take the brunt of the blow.

Spoiler
    Show

Falwell takes the first hit, but not the second (my AC vs him is 24)
    Falwell is now at 49/55 HP.

And, for the Knight Duel thing... its not exactly a duel in the sense that I'm now watching only him, weather he is or not. If he is also a Knight, then he would have that ability and he could designate me his "challenge" opponent and get the +1 ATK and DMG and +1 AC from my "Shield Block" ability as well, my other +1 AC comes from Dodge.

Falwell is able to push off the second blow, if only barely as it slides off his shield and over his head.

Falwell takes advantage of this to strike out at his opponents side.

Spoiler
    Show

ATK: (1d20+17)[32]
    DMG: (1d10+5)[6]

You can try to sway me "Knight" but you no longer hold a position of power or authority, at least one that I respect. This will be a fair fight, but only because I would never cheat, as I hope you would do the same.
    (now using that knight abillity thingie)
    "I think your actions have prove who is the dishonest here!" the knight shout as he thrusts with his sword (1d20+17)[32]
    potential damage: (1d10+5)[6]
    "I fight for the most basic parts of the code. are you all so corrupted that the laws of a king comes before the code!?" he follows up by twisting the sword and slash vertically with it (1d20+10)[19] potential damage: (1d10+4)[7] "protect those who cannot protect themselves. Let no evil fall upon the innocent. never desecrate, never flee, NEVER STRIKE A UNARMED, INNOCENT, OLD OR CHILD!" the knight shouts at Falwell, his voice filled with anger and ...sorrow?

on M&B:

9. - Top - End - #429
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    (now using that knight abillity thingie)
    "I think your actions have prove who is the dishonest here!" the knight shout as he thrusts with his sword (1d20+11)[26]
    potential damage: (2d6+8)[13]
    "I fight for the most basic parts of the code. are you all so corrupted that the laws of a king comes before the code!?" he follows up by twisting the sword and slash vertically with it [roll2] potential damage: [roll3] "protect those who cannot protect themselves. Let no evil fall upon the innocent. never desecrate, never flee, NEVER STRIKE A UNARMED, INNOCENT, OLD OR CHILD!" the knight shouts at Falwell, his voice filled with anger and ...sorrow?
    Falwell Colms

THE LAWS OF MY KING ARE MY CODE!! Our views will always differ, and try as you may, you cannot sway my devotion. But you can try if you like, It will only serve as a distraction to yourself.

Falwell is angered even more by the audacity of this knight and his attempts to sway his vigor. He strikes out with confirmed anger for the way he is playing with Falwell's mind. There is a certain sense of respect for his fighting style though, as Falwell takes another hit, this time to the side on his sword side, a sad after affect of his last hit leaving him open.

Spoiler
    Show

Ok... hitting again... Falwell is a little bullheaded if you can't tell.

ATK: (1d20+11)[26]
    DMG: (2d6+8)[13]

Also, did either of Falwell's hits last round connect?
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

Oblivion D20 ~ Adventuring for the Emperor ~
    Hunter ~ Base Class focused on Ranged Power ~

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...FALWELL COLMS...no longer playing

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

Props to Mephibosheth for the Avatar

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

ooc: hm, you got a eighteen and aaaa...?

ic: Your blade draws blood but as soon as you pull it back the armour closes itself where it was hit. "You set the word of a mortal above the undying code of the knight?" he says and loosens his fighting pose "I cannot continue this fight." he says and start walking towards the goblins.

on M&B:

11. - Top - End - #431

Falwell Colms

Falwell is confused by the knights statement, wondering why he thinks so highly of a unknown bastard to align with him.

I do not understand... Why do you feel it is necessary to push this? If you want to leave, then just say so... but do not hide behind the veil of a broken code. There is no good or evil anymore in this land, there is only Erwind and Gyradan, and only one can reign. I have already aligned myself, and YES, I put my own code above those of a mortal, and that is why I serve him, because those morals align.

Falwell drops his sword to his side and walks toward the Knight, staying about 15 feet back. He watches his every move, waiting to see what he does next.

Is this all then? Are you done and are you going home to Gyradan? Give him a message for me... tell him "Falco" says hello, and that he can't wait to meet him...

Falwell is being chide and rough with the knight, bruising his Ego with every wordy blow.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

"I must confess, I'm surprised you didn't stab my back. I don't know a single silver lion who wouldn't do that. Perhaps there is more to you..." he turns his head to Falwell "I shall bring your word to Gyradan, as long as you promise me one thing. NEVER forget the core of the code. never desecrate, never flee, never strike a unarmed, innocent, old or child." He keeps walking over to the goblins but stops "Oh, and tell the grandmaster that Montimirail says hi." he starts walking again but stops again. he turns and walk past Falwell "Just forgot my..ahem..." He mounts his horse and rides to the goblins. They tie the heavily wounded goblin to his wolf and make him as comfortable as they can.
    then they ride...

on M&B:

13. - Top - End - #433

Falwell Colms

Honor is something I do value, as I see you do as well. I will also carry your message, and I hope that when you and I meet each other again it will be in a more honorable way.

Falwell watches as the Knight and his goblins ride away. Looking around for his compatriots he can spot Davhid back by the wall, but cannot see Valance. Assuming he is hiding somewhere, since that is what he does so well, Falwell yells out to him,

And, Valance, if you can hear me, don't even think about shooting any of them riding away. We have both won here through honor, they have not struck again, and they deserve that much from us.

Falwell walks to his horse, mounts it, and rides back toward Davhid's horse, past it, and toward the city.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

i reckon you all catch up with the bard and noble and head to the designated spot??

on M&B:

15. - Top - End - #435

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Makes sense to me... guys? any other conversation?
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436

Valance waits until the enemies are out of sight before heading over to Falwell and Davhid. He then says "Come, we must catch up with the bard and the noble. And then I must explain to the bard that you do no do stupid things."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

17. - Top - End - #437

Falwell Colms

Yes, I believe him and I have spoken our peace on that subject... but take your shots, I will not interfere.

Falwell rides off towards town, his newly earned, at least as far as he sees it, cape billowing behind him as he rides.
    MY HOMEBREW
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS I'M PLAYING
    Spoiler
    Show

WHAT I'M DOING
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438

Griffon

Easiest mission yet...That worked out almost perfectly.

He says to the noble, smiling as he pulls out his ocarina and begins to play.
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

19. - Top - End - #439

As Valance approaches the bard and hears his comment to the noble he just says "Your a complete fool. Think about the ramifications of your actions and the potential ramifications. Once we get back to base I'll give you a thorough listing of all the problems with your idea and why it was so very stupid."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

20. - Top - End - #440

Griffon

And what did you want to do? Attack the fools head on after we gave him the ransom? There are a number of flaws with that theory my friend. First off, hostage situations never go right. Second, we were in the clear. Last I checked, he didn't chase me, and I gave you PLENTY of time to get ahead of me. I was willing to risk my skin for my chance, so don't call me an idiot. You knights and soldiers all think alike, where battle is your only option to solving your problems. I'm sorry sir, but there is more to warfare than pointy pieces of metal. Think of the funds that Erwind did not lose, that can better go to outfitting his soldiers, or payments... Last I remember thats what you only care about.

21. - Top - End - #441

Valance just shakes his head before saying "What did I want? I wanted a nice, clean, ransoming of a hostage. Sure, if you could have gotten him to take the sword that would have been optimal, but I most assuredly did not want that cluster****. The reason, the only reason, I was in hiding behind the enemy formation was so that I would be in a position to surprise the enemy or protect the hostage if something went wrong. You chose to start a fight with a superior force for a bunch of measly gems. You chose to ensure that their is never another ransoming of any captured troops. They can not trust us to honor a bargain. Be glad I don't just kill you now, you have besmirched my name because I was part of this farce. If you wanted to do an ambush you should have said so in advance, in which case the plan should have been much more complex than screaming "Run!". If we were doing an ambush then we would have already assigned targets and prepared for it. And when you chose, without consulting any of the rest of us, to jeopardize the mission and our lives you were far exceeding your responsibility, and doing so stupidly. But once you chose to breach the agreement we were left with the unenviable task of having to attempt to cover the whole thing up so that word never made it back to their higher command.

As for what I care about, all I care about is honoring my word. I have a contract with Erwind, I will honor that contract flawlessly until such a time as he releases me from it or breaches it. Part of the contract specifically calls for me to do everything that I believe to be necessary to ensure the long term health of the kings forces and to win this war. You jeopardized that mission today."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

22. - Top - End - #442

Griffon

You are thinking much too much into this. Hostage situations are always dicey, and you were putting your faith in the enemy moer than your comrade. Why can't you take it for what it is, a successful mission, and leave it at that.

Diplomacy
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+21)[25]

23. - Top - End - #443

Valance snorts before responding savagely "Because it was not a successful mission you dolt. We were ordered to exchange those gems in your bag for the prisoner, we failed to complete said mission because of your actions. Actions taken without any clear and compelling reason to take them and without consultation with any other member of this party."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

24. - Top - End - #444

Griffon

I saw an opportunity and I took it. If you were ordered to jump off a bridge, would you? Think for yourself man.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

I rolled that Diplomacy check for you, Tip. It should have changed your attitde to friendly, or at least indifferent.

25. - Top - End - #445

"No, you thought you saw an opportunity. And instead of thinking over said "opportunity" you chose to act on it, to the detriment of our cause and of your teammates. No one else in this group would have acted as you did in that situation. As for jumping off a bridge, it's a breach of my contract to order me into a position that I believe will lead to my death. That's not to say that I wouldn't jump off the bridge, I very well might and then just teleport to safety."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy doesn't work on PC's, only NPC's.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

26. - Top - End - #446

Griffon

You just don't understand. If you see an opportunity for gain, what would you do? I analyzed the risks, and minimized it so I should have been the only one in danger. You would have been fine if you remained hidden, and Falwell and Dahvid would have as well if they ran with the noble. So just stop saying my plans are not good, because they are.

DC 18 Suggestion.

27. - Top - End - #447

Spoiler
    Show
    You have to fascinate me before you can use suggestion, unless you are using your 1 2nd level spell.

Valance looks at the bard for a long moment and then says "You really don't understand. Suffice it to say that unless you change your attitude then I will not be working with you in the future.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

28. - Top - End - #448

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show

I am using my 2nd level spell

29. - Top - End - #449

Spoiler
    Show
    Then the DC is only 16, not 18. It is not a very reasonable suggestion in Valance's opinion. It's a very unreasonable suggestion in his opinion actually.

(1d20+7)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

30. - Top - End - #450

Valance glares at the Bard and adds "And if you ever attempt to mess with my mind or thoughts again, I will kill you."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win