New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Manifest Destiny V2

We would like to thank the Petran Federation for swiftly clearing the issue up, and the Flowing Stream shows appreciation for this swift act. We now understand the treaty better, though we would like to see the treaty be updated to be more clear about the matter, especially the water regions. because while they have been included as territorial waters, it seems at least the Federal States Central is using it to expand its borders into the water, and thus the other factions could attempt the same and it could be done further. Hence we ask that the Treaty be clarified to an appropriate matter so that it is clear to all factions what the intent and reasoning behind it is.

We are happy to hear negotiations with the GoldJuristen are under way and hope they proceed smoothly. The Flowing Stream would hope to see a revisement to the Treaty will put our mind at ease. We will contact CHAASI about our current colonisation efforts.

Regards,
    The Flowing Stream.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zweanslord View Post
    The Flowing Stream asks an explanation of the Federal States Central, the Petran Federation and CHAASI regarding the Treaty of Territorial CostodianShip.
    We are responding with comment inside the quote
    The Flowing Stream would like a formal explanation why the made public "Treaty of Territorial Custodianship" is as it is currently. The current treaty leaves no room for the Aquaolk to claim those waters, which is a grave offence to the only aquatic species in the Ring. Those waters were once our home and the treaty denies any claim from the Aquaolk to take back what was once theirs and to take the only regions suitable for native Aquaolk life. They are water regions, not land regions.
    The water regis were calmed as naval area's of control, I have no idea why the reaty was drafted as it was, It was simply decided that the treaty was favorableto the Agency, and so it was signed.
    Further, the treaty claims land currently inhibited by the GoldJuristen as Federal States Central land, which seems an outrageous claim at best.
    The treaty was drafted before the existense of the GoldJusten was discoverd, obviously the FSC no longer claims the goldjusten lands
    The involved parties, FSC, Petran Federation and CHAASI seem to have divided the northern regions amongst just themselves, taking no heed at all to
    current factions in that neighbourhood, amongst which are the Aquaolk species and the GoldJuristen, leaving them no regions to expand to. In fact, the factions who signed the treaty would not even accept the current claim the Flowing Stream makes due to our colonising a water region.
    have you asked any of the factions to recognise your claim? have any of them rejected it?
    The claim is very weird as well considering the Federal States Central, since they have a complete region already under their control without any amount of population, which obviously indicates that they do not need to lay claim to regions for population reasons. This shows only a motive to expand and lay claim to take the land so that nobody else can take it, which does not show off a positive attitude towards the other nations.
    We have no idea to the mothives of the FSC
    Therefore, we demand an explanation for this outrageous claim of land, obviously not made with the thoughts of neighbouring factions in mind. We of the Flowing Stream would advise an altered treaty, which does take into account the existence of other factions.
    If yooud have suggestions, I'm sure that some sort of accommodation of the area's not currently under the control of the factions, but claimed y them.
    The Flowing Stream.
    Central Hrithite Agency for the Advancment and Sharing of Information
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Let it be known that the Mentevigilo troops will not be removed from region #6 until a new treaty is established, and we will rescind our claims to that region if the Petran Federation does so as well.

Also, the Petran Federation obviously contradicted the terms of the (then-private) agreement by suggesting I claim regions 9 and 13.

((I haven't actually been online, I just left the window open while I was away, so the green dot was still on.))

((Edit before anyone else posts)): In other news, Mente boats are taking up positions in region #8 and letting it be known that ships must have a clear identification to pass through the area.

((EDIT @V
    Public Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Move 3*L2 ground units from Silbertal to region #6
    Move 4*L1 air units from Silbertal to region #6
    Move 3*L1 air units from Grünberg to region #6
    Attempt to colonize region #6 (1d6+3 (+1 capital, +2 $10 T) vs. target 4)
    Move 3*L1 naval units from Silbertal to region #8
    Move 3*L1 naval units from Gruenberg to region #8

))
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2008-08-05 at 04:32 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Goldjuristen's troops will be removed from region 6 within the timeframe of the previously given ultimatum. All that remains to be decided is how this will be accomplished. I am willing to negotiate with the GoldJuristen to find them an appropriate home, but I will not do so until they leave ours.

As to the Goldjuristen claims to my infidelity, I have this to say: I suggested that you look elsewhere for territorial claims. I did not say I would support your claim to either of those regions. I have spoken to my treaty members already and explained this to them, so your grand unveiling of my evil conspiracy is futile.

OoC: How many naval units are you moving to region 8? You can't just say the waters are being patrolled.

Military orders:
    Spoiler
    Show

5 L1 Naval units in Lacedaemon are put on red alert and prepared to deploy if necessary.
    3 L1 Naval units in Thebes are sent to Lacedaemon with the same orders.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

5. - Top - End - #35

Indeed the FSC has received word from the PF and though it was initially disheartened we understand their point under their interpretation of the treaty. The FSC now views the treaty the same way. Essentially we have agreed to have custodianship over these regions to ensure regional stability and will support another in decisions made on the territories which we have agreed upon.

FSC leaders urge for a peacefull resolution.

(secret)
    Spoiler
    Show
    FSC airforces are placed on red alert to intervene should war break out. Generals are asked to contact and draft plans for co-ordinating with PF forces.

As soon as war break outs Cardinal Marcus should only need a simple command to set things in motion.
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2008-08-05 at 04:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moody the Wise View Post
    As to the Goldjuristen claims to my infidelity, I have this to say: I suggested that you look elsewhere for territorial claims. I did not say I would support your claim to either of those regions. I have spoken to my treaty members already and explained this to them, so your grand unveiling of my evil conspiracy is futile.
    You did not suggest that we look elsewhere, you specifically pointed out regions #9 and #13 as "ripe for the taking". Also, you appear to be blocking off the Mente from any colonization whatsoever. If there is no space for us in your treaty, then perhaps there needs to be. As we have said before, our troops will hold their positions until you give us somewhere else to be. According to the now-public treaty, we have no place to go.

Bloodshed is not necessary. We are just trying to find our place.

As well, we are not taking another step. We are remaining where we are until we have our own place to be.

In the interests of peace, here is our proposal for the topmost 3 continents:
    Region #: Owner (T/R)
    Region 3: FSC (5/10)
    Region 4: FSC (7/5)
    Region 6: PT (3/20)
    Region 7: Mente (7/5)
    Region 9: Mentevigilo (2/30)
    Region 13: CHAASI (1/20)

EDIT: The Mente forces in Region #6 have moved to region #7. This includes:
    3*L1 ground forces to be upgraded to L2, 7*L1 air forces. Also, move the colonization attempt to region 7.

EDIT2: I'll fix my budget soon.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2008-08-05 at 05:37 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

Molecular Chemistry Mastery

Both the Pteran Federation and the Diamond Collective are competing for mastery of molecular chemistry.
    Diamond Collective Initiative: (1d6+1)[7]

Since we go first, we declare that we are willing to bid $10T to improve this roll.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-08-05 at 04:55 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #38

BlueKnightGuy

Military Orders
    Spoiler
    Show

4 L2 Ground Forces, 3 L1 Air forces move to secure all of region 6, after Goldjuristen forces leave the region.
    1 L2 Ground unit returns to Lacedaemon.
    4 L1 Air Forces are taken off high alert.
    10 L1 Navan Forces are taken off high alert.

It is with great happiness that I can now announce the triumph of diplomacy, as this conflict has been settled without bloodshed. To the allies who have supported us through this crisis, I thank you, and let you know that you may remove your forces from their states of high alert. To the Goldjuristen, I thank you for your eventual wisdom in this matter.

The Goldjuristen military presence in region 7 is, for the time being, acceptable to the Petran Federation. While we have not yet rescinded our territorial claim to the region, we will allow the Goldjuristen forces to remain there for the time being, while further negotiations are made.

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Race: Berwocks
    Faction: The Far-Eyes League

Idun, Speaker for the Directorate of the Heart, 103 AD (After the Dimming)
    "My fellow Berwocks, I have marvelous news. In addition to the heavy development we have undergone this turn, we are expanding into the lands nearby. The Jotun Mountains, long regarded as under our protection, will now be developed to be on par with our present lands. We have already enlisted over 600 million volunteers to move into the region and assist in the development."

Public Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Faction initiative: [roll0]
    Budget
    Spoiler
    Show

Revenue: (population + resources +infrastructure) * (DL+1) * tax bonus (80%, x2)
    (50+5+0)*3*2 (The Fount) + (50+5+0)*3*2 (The Jormund Coast)
    = $660T

Expenditures:
    Military upkeep: $15T
    Research:
    $190T: Research (Electrical Computing, Molecular Chemistry and Genetics, see below)
    $120T: Colonize the Jotun Mountains and upgrade it to DL 3. Spend $15T to modify the colonization roll.
    $60T: Develop The Fount to DL 3
    $60T: Develop The Jormund Coast to DL 3
    $40T: Upgrade The Directorate of Eyes (Espionage HQ) to level 2
    $20T: Upgrade the Wellspring (Capitol) to level 2
    Total: $505T

Net Budget Surplus: $155T
    Remaining funds: $175T

Military:
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 naval units move from The Fount to the Jormund Coast.
    3 ground units move from the Jormund Coast to the Jotun Mountains.
    1 naval unit, 3 ground units, and 5 air units move from The Fount to to The Jotun Mountains.

Research:
    Spoiler
    Show

$190T -> 190 research points. +10 from Electrical Supercomputers
    60 rp: Applications 2-5 and Mastery of Electrical Computers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    O1: Electrical Computers
    1) Allows the construction of electrical supercomputers.
    2) Increases Lab Level cap by 1. EXPLORED
    3) Adds 3 points of Objective Modifier to any battle. Reduces cost of electrical supercomputers by $10T.
    4) Allows 5 points of virtual population.
    5) Increases Development level cap by 1. Increases Lab Level cap by 1. FULLY EXPLORED
    Mastery: Constructs an Internet Hub in a region of your choice.

80 rp: Research the Breakthrough, Applications, and Mastery of Molecular Chemistry
    Spoiler
    Show
    C1: Molecular Chemistry
    1) Allows Basic Chemical/Biological WMD Strike
    2) Increases Military technology cap by 1. EXPLORED
    3) Increases Development Level Cap by 1.
    4) Increases Lab Level cap by 1, increases resources of all regions by 2
    5) Increases military facilities level cap by 1, increases resources of all regions by 2. FULLY EXPLORED
    Mastery: Increases development level of two regions of your choice by 1, provided they are under the current cap.

60 rp: Rsearch the Breakthrough and Applications 1-5 for Genetics
    Spoiler
    Show
    L1: Genetics
    1) Increases population growth rate by 5% (to 15%). Allows Natural Agents Chemical/Biological Warfare
    2) Increases Development Level Cap by 1. EXPLORED
    3) Increase Lab Level cap by 1, Increase resources for all regions by 2.
    4) Adds 1 to all checks to modify the attitude of a controlled region positively. Increases population of all regions by 10% (in addition to normal growth rates).
    5) Increases Development Level Cap by 1. FULLY EXPLORED
    Mastery: Constructs Genomics Lab in a region of your choice.

Population: Both The Fount and The Jormund Coast gain 62.5 million population, or +2.5 population points (considered rounded down for all purposes save calculating new population. This takes effect next turn.)
    312.5 million (12.5 points) from each region move to the Jotun Mountains (region 20).

Private Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Espionage:
    Subvert our own regions toward us. Rolled in earlier post, success.

Status
    Spoiler
    Show

Description
    Spoiler
    Show

The Berwocks are small reptilian humanoids who feed on carrion, though they are omnivores. They are adapted for dusk and dawn, and during the day and night they are often slow to act.

The Far-Eyes League (called just "Eyes" by its residents) is a group of city-states and regional governments that agreed to share a foreign policy and resources for the better safety of all. It's military is small and its army quite weak, but the espionage network is extremely good to the point where the military's role is generally just to hold off the enemy until sufficient unrest has been caused that the enemy has no choice but to pull back their military to prevent open rebellion. To the Berwocks, knowledge is the only power really worth having.

Species Traits
    Spoiler
    Show

Recycle Mania (3): This species is loathe to waste anything, and this includes other people's trash. This species may add 1 resource point to one of its regions for every 2 points of resources (round up) overharvested on the same planet that turn by any faction that does not have the Recycle Mania trait. Each region may gain no more than 1 point of resources per turn through this method regardless of the amount overharvested.

Slow Reflexes(-3): If, during the casualty resolution phase, a force of this species takes enough damage to be eradicated, it does no damage to its opponents. Excludes Fast Reflexes

Tactically Moronic(-1): -5 objective modifier to all battles

Taciturn(-1): This species just doesn't have a lot to say. As such, matters of diplomacy and tact don't go well. Capitol actions must be rolled (and succeeded on) twice to be effective.

Efficient(7): Each population point is half the number of individuals as other races. Doubles starting population points, population from direct bonuses, halves cargo capacity to transport population points.

Faction Values
    Spoiler
    Show

Non-interventionist (-2): With: Do not interfere in a foreign war (a war where your faction is neither attacker nor defender). Against: interfere in a foreign war.

Green (0): With: Improve the resources rating of one of your regions. Against: Overharvest or use WMDs that reduce the resources of the target region.

Pacifist (0): With: Be at peace with all your neighbors. Have no forces stationed outside of annexed or home regions. Against: Be the attacker in at least one battle this turn.

Faction Traits
    Spoiler
    Show

Sneaky (2): Espionage actions may be rolled twice. If either succeeds,
    the action succeeds.

Slow-Growing(-2): Population growth is 5% less.

Nonviolent(-5): Costs to build and upgrade military units doubled.

Nefarious (5): Espionage actions cost $10T less (minimum 0). Espionage
    actions per turn doubled.

Tech-Savvy(8): All facility level upgrades are built as soon as they are allowed by increasing development level. All special facilities are built in all regions with population as soon as they are available.

Collectivist(8): All regions tolerate a 80% (8 point) tax rate without decreasing in attitude rating.

Investors(3): Development level, for income purposes, counts as 1 higher.

Universal Wimps(-14): All units count as if they were 1 level lower (but can't go lower than 1)

The Fount (capital region)
    Spoiler
    Show

Capitol Level 1
    Espionage HQ Level 3
    Development Level: 4
    Population Level 40 (Max 50)
    Terraforming Level 10
    Resources 9
    Labs Level 4 (cap 5)
    Military Training and Upkeep Level 4 (cap 4)
    Electrical Supercomputer: Adds 5 research points to any one project per turn receiving at least 5 points of research points from investment. If less is invested, it matches the investment. Cumulative with all other such increases.

4 Ground Forces, Level 1
    2 Air Forces, Level 1
    3 Naval Forces, Level 1

The Jormund Coast
    Spoiler
    Show

Development Level 4
    Population Level 40 (Max 50)
    Terraforming Level 10
    Resources 9
    Labs Level 4 (cap 5)
    Electrical Supercomputer (see above)

3 Air Forces, Level 1
    6 Naval Forces, Level 1

The Jotun Mountains
    Spoiler
    Show

Development Level 4
    Population Level 25 (Max 50)
    Terraforming Level 8
    Resources 19
    Labs Level 4 (cap 5)
    Electrical Supercomputer (see above)

6 Ground Forces, Level 1
    5 Air Forces, Level 1
    1 Naval Forces, Level 1

Unused Cash: $175T
    Trade Output: $20T
    Last edited by thevorpalbunny; 2008-08-06 at 07:05 AM. Reason: cannot use incrreased cap on the same turn, modify budget to match.
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

10. - Top - End - #40

Seraphim

The Seraphim declare a Jihad upon the Petrans, whom they feel must prove their worth in combat before being atmitted into the faith.

The entire FSC airforce moves to thebes with the directive to bomb their military to pieces. All other forces are withdrawn tothe capitol.

After the bombardment they move on to the next region and try and obliterate that.

11. - Top - End - #41

BlueKnightGuy

Petran Federation Embraces Challenge

"Bring it."

Lysander
    Consul, Lacedaemon
    Petran Federation

5 L2 Ground Forces from Lacedaemon march into The God's Fists, with the objective to sack all facilities before moving on to The Sacred Highlands.
    5 L2 Ground Forces are ordered to defend Thebes.
    10 L1 Air Forces are ordered to defend Thebes.
    10 L1 Naval Forces are ordered to defend Thebes.

False Orders action:
    Order 10 units of FSC Air Force into region 5.
    DR = 4 + number of units to move
    DR = 4 + 10
    $60T spent to give a +12 modifier, EHQL adds +1 modifier
    *Done openly so that everyone can see it and we can resolve this ourselves. Goldjuristen, try to act surprised. And let's just say that I told you I was going to do this, and you've got a trap prepared, because the diplomacy doesn't matter anymore, just the playtesting.

-Albert Einstein

12. - Top - End - #42

YEah that I still think is a silly rule...give me one instance in modern times where half a nations air forces ignored orders....

Still as it's a play test:

COunter Espionage (2d6)[1][3](4)+20 (100 T spend)

that should adequaely raise the DC

13. - Top - End - #43

BlueKnightGuy

Alright, screw that, let's just get on with this battle, then.

-Albert Einstein

14. - Top - End - #44

Still though being able to spend so much that the rolling becomes irrelevant is a flaw in the system. Even if we start with less money after a few turns this would still be the case...

Maybe there needs to be a spending cap like no more then current max development level? on any roll?
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2008-08-09 at 05:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard of the Coat View Post
    Still though being able to spend so much that the rolling becomes irrelevant is a flaw in the system. Even if we start with less money after a few turns this would still be the case...

Maybe there needs to be a spending cap like no more then current max development level? on any roll?
    Agreed on the need for such. Perhaps the spending cap is 5 times the level of the appropriate facility - either Capitol or Espionage HQ. So if you have a L3 Capitol, you can't spend more than $15T (giving a +3 bonus) to modify any capitol actions.

-Albert Einstein