New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Eye of the Druid: Group I

Suddenly, from a little way away, scarily, worryingly close, there comes a howl, far louder and deeper than it should be. On the other side of you, its partner answers.
    Just remember - yelling "Who wrote this ****?!" at the top of your lungs is a normal and accepted part of the editing process.

The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful. The wizard who memorises a thousand book is insane.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by FF Fanboy
    Undead have quasi-feelings, too!
    Thanks to kpenguin for the excellent avatar.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Korbin

"Dug...person, put your axe away and get up here!" Korbin shouts, then begins to nod off again.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Liam

...oh, sod this.
    Liam reaches down and prepares to bodily haul Korbin to his feet if need be.
    Fight in your sleep if you must, but I'd prefer not to be wolf, chow, thank you!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Duglan

Duglan gets to his feet and makes his way over to Korbin, "Put me ax away....I wake up to howling in the night and ye ask me teh put meh ax away? It's staying firmly in my hand, if ye don't mind."
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Korbin

He wonders to himself, Are they kidding me? How ignorant of magic are these metal-heads!? "This is a basic protective spell designed specifically so that you won't get eaten in your sleep and they keep telling me to get out of it. Oh, I'll just stay out here and fight these wolves and keep the Gnome from being able to actually do something the next day, what a good idea hitting stuff with a metal stick is." Did I say that or did I think that? Korbin climbs down the rope.

OOC: Are the wolves visible to Korbin?
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-10-27 at 11:17 AM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

6. - Top - End - #96

Korbin: As you go outside, you see a large, doglike creature standing in front of the camp. It howls, then disappears, reappearing a few feet to the left. You hear an answering howl as its companion translocates to the right. They seem to be circling the camp.
    Just remember - yelling "Who wrote this ****?!" at the top of your lungs is a normal and accepted part of the editing process.

The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful. The wizard who memorises a thousand book is insane.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Korbin casts Mage Armor on himself and puts some more wood on the fire, making it bigger and brighter.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-10-29 at 06:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

8. - Top - End - #98

The wolf things back away a tad from the fire, but otherwise remain, steadily circling the camp and howling to each other.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Liam carefully draws his rapier, but otherwise makes no threatening moves, keeping a wary eye on their canine visitors...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #100

The wolves continue to watch you, a little puzzled at your reaction, and a little more wary of this prey that suddenly doesn't seem such an easy target.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Korbin

The gnome reaches into his pocket and picks out some rose petals. Trying to catch their attention, he yells out. "Sod off, you dogs. Plenty of better food out there. There are - Fun gau!" Korbin casts Deep Slumber (DC 17) upon the animals, he doesn't feel like dealing with them right now.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-11-06 at 06:26 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Liam, meanwhile, stans ready in case the gnome's plan doesn't work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an action to attack if attacked.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Duglan

Duglan grabs his axe firmly and spreads his arms out wide. He stands up as tall as his dwarven frame will allow, making himself appear as large and imposing as possible, hoping to deter the beasts from attacking.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

14. - Top - End - #104

You hear the one behind you stumble and yelp groggily. It has fallen over, fast asleep.

The other one, slightly stunned, staggers, then runs off as fast as its legs can take it. If the meal's going to fight this much, it's not sticking around any longer.

Experience points will be calculated when you reach town.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Liam

Well, that was...invigorating.
    Liam tucks away his rapier and looks at his companions.
    I suppose we might as well prepare to move on before our canine friend over there wakes up.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Korbin

The gnome takes his rope and goes with the others to find a new campsite. Once there, he ties himself to a upper part of a tall tree so he can go to sleep in piece.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

17. - Top - End - #107

Sorry, no trees in this area.

But the day dawns fine, and quickly gets hotter once you're on the road. Small, furry animals scamper Disney-ishly around, though the cheesy songs haven't broken out yet.

The days pass. About the most exciting thing to happen is a river crossing. The group reaches the city of Vasqua about three days after the attack by the dogs. You enter the town. It is a large-ish city, bustling with people going about their business around you. Here are the barracks for the defence soldiers that live here in shifts to defend the city gates. Past the barracks, you can see brick houses with thatched rooves and colourful drapes in the windows. There are faint smells of baking and forges and horses wafting on the air. You can hear the sounds of a market past the houses.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Korbin

"I'm going to check out the closest guild, to get information. I'll meet you back at town square at sundown."

OOC: We started a fire, I assumed there were trees and firewood.

Can my character find a local Mage or Craftsman guild?

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

19. - Top - End - #109

Yes. Past the town square, where an immense, chattering marketplace sprawls, there is a large building with a sign above the door entitled "Guild Hall".

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Liam

I will be checking out the markets to see what I can see.
    And so that's what Liam does, going to browse the marketplace, keeping his eyes and ears open for whatever might be seen or heard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+4)[9]
    Listen: (1d20+6)[21]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Korbin

The gnome walks into the hall, searching for someone anyone who knows anything about Ellen Dorth, Ellendorth, or Alan's Doors. Before he asks anyone about it, he tries to recite a short passage as a membership password. He's having trouble remembering it at the moment.

"We lie beneath the something star, um...beauty is but a state of mind? No, that's not right, it doesn't rhyme. We stand before the warring tide? Why is this so hard to remember?"

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.