New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Nobilis: A Game of Powers

We would need an enforced Monopoly, either massively low prices, or the best products. We could do both with our existing base. if we also acquired an arms company and made automated weaponry and amour, with a takeover command at our disposal, and maybe had a low-tech version of Delphi connected to the network...
    Turning to the map, William used his minor realm powers to bring up several major sites in the target city. If we want to keep the nation's infrastructure intact, we should strike at Military facilities and national landmarks, plus some residential buildings. This will cause a lot of unrest and panic, but won't seriously damage the Nation. If we want to injure it, we struck at health-care, mass transit, Capitol buildings, Ports, and manufacuring buildings.
    Anyway, we'll have to be prepared for copycat organizations and independent actions blamed on us. The probably won't like the Tyrant we install at the end, and continued territory when we're trying to set up a new economic system, build surveillance and spy network, and secretly help along the research base, would be distracting. I could try and gain control of them ,and export them to other countries as agents and spies, you can never have enough informants and thugs
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

"We should do both~"

Tyranny stood up and pulled a list of contractors that made a habit of producing military and computer hardware for much of the civilised world. Controlling the governments was, in the end, their goal (as they needed a tyrant ruling over people specifically) but there had been nothing preventing their owning of everything else as well...

"If we covertly take over several major industrial and technological corporations, we can start to phase in our equipment - or at least, better equipment than they have already. With all the aforementioned control mechanisms of course. We're already planning to influence the leaders of these countries so it shouldn't be too hard to implement a full scale upgrade of their existing gear. In the end, we'll own everything."

Roy didn't know why, but he got a strange tingle when he thought about absolute control. Tyranny was in his blood.

"And so without further ado, shall we set off? Like Mike, I'm in the mood for a bit of travelling as well. Delphi, prepare my personal equipment: Our expected threat level is black - covert, high risk. Include a Pythia node system as we'll probably need your talents on the other side."
    "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
    – said G. K. Chesterton

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

"When you gents have settled on a place and time, we can take the jet. As for the acquisition of a suitable puppet, that will be simple enough. Everyone has their price. While I do not see the general disgust in falling back on the Cammorae, perhaps it would be best to keep them out of this. I do not want to corrupt a fledgling infrastructure and we are going to do this right." She whipped out a PDA as if it were a switchblade and set to work summoning up a jet. Of course, no mortal design really encompassed her passion for extravagance so she took her time working the miracle as the others went on. "At your leisure, dear brothers, may we get on with it?"

(Minor Creation of Wealth - Jet, miracle level 5)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

"Lead and I will follow."
    Mike steps forward and fixes his gaze upon Tyranny.
    "This is your operation. Your plan. Your domain. I act upon your command, unless it conflicts with my desires. When you descend upon Earth, so will I. Might I suggest we do it soon though? And in that fancy jet. Gotta love mankind's need to flip off the Creator for His decision to deny them wings. Back in my day we just cursed a sky god for the bird's luck and that was it."
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Her work finished, Anna turned the PDA to gold and set it in the hand of a statue. An idea came to her and she pulled out another one. "And this time, I think that Tyranny could retrofit it with some of our tech. Weapons, stealth, the standard fare. We don't need it for long, but I would hate to see my little songbird go up in flames."

She sent word to Oliver and Silvia that they were to hold down the fort for some time. The former responded immediately but the latter took longer as years of handling an endless flow of coins and paper had worn her once thieving hands down to nothing. Without looking up, Wealth added. "Also, David, there is a sly little book running around the Chancel. I sent a body to fetch it, but you know how they are. Always with their 'needs' to hold them up, and then they just go and die on you when you tell them to go do something. Honestly."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-08-18 at 12:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

A little book, huh? Sounds interesting. I'll have to see if I can't get a copy to read. Oh, and Anna? I'd lighten up a little on them a little. After all, without their "Needs", you wouldn't have a job. In a sense, they're our bosses.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-08-18 at 01:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

"Bosses? Soraire is my boss. When I carry out his orders, I do it for Soraire. I do it for my Estate. Or I do it for myself. Care for a human too long, and they become a liability. Then along comes an Excrucian and that folly of a Power who stumbled along the path of Tyranny drops the ball. Hmmph. Wealth calls for a little emotional distance."

With a snap of her fingers, the Gray Lotus falls into a position reminiscent of Saturn as the top of the central sphere opens up. There's a blast of wind as the jet descends overhead. From under her desk she grabs a bag and throws an elephant gun over one shoulder. "But I have faith this time, new Tyrant." She lugs the gear, sweeps her hand towards the plane, and makes her way to the stairs in one smooth motion.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-08-18 at 02:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abis appears. Naturally, he appears right behind Mike.

"The letter is writen. It has been sent."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Mike jumps and spins around, dropping his cigarette in the process.
    "We have been together for only Soraire knows how long. And every time, every time, you pop in somewhere, you do it behind me. I would ask why, but I know it's because your domain isn't Limits, it's Being An Unbearable Arse."
    He follows Wealth up the jet stairs.
    "Nice gun by the way."
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. I guess that's one of the core differences in our philosophy then.
    *looks over* Hey, Mike could you do me a favor? Let me know what I've gotten myself into here?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Anna yells out from the jet. "Oh, it's the differences that empower us. Think nothing of my words. You know I can be a bit blunt at times."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Trailed by Wolf, he quickly walked up the stairs to the jet. On his way up he thought "hmm, were going to need some protection in all probability" and so created a sort of chaos field around the craft, :that should do it". With that he entered into the craft, which looked reminiscent of air-force one, sat down his lap-top, begin surfing the internet and using the remote oracle-net connection to perform some rather complex calculations, scratched Wolf absentmindedly behind the ears, then eventually exclaimed, I've got a plan for our first strike, terrorist organization and so on.
    assuming anyone shows any interest he continues, bringing up a photo of the countries greatest national monument, a 15 story Heritage and culture museum with government offices on the top floors and a massive open-roofed garden full of statues and monument on the tenth level, with the rest of the building rising like glass wall above it.
    Now a few displacement charges at key points around this building will bring it down, at the same time small bombs will go off in the turbines of the local power plant, all the local emergency departments, all the local banks vaults, and any nearby military bases. at the same time a massive wave of static will go through all the computers, televisions, radios and cell phones, it will be followed by a picture of whoever we choose to lead our terrorist organization giving a message of war against the country for some religions reason and the mention of "powerful backers,". At the same time, 10 gunmen will walk into ten separate crowds and open fire, and ranks of guns will appear in every school, bar, slum, and the cells of every prison. He continues, a diabolical gleam in his eye The resulting chaos will be massively amplified and directed towards violent outlets, and at the same time people will find themselves completely unable to enter or leave the city limits due to massive earthquakes in till the next dawn he nods to limits the city will destroy itself in that time, and when the military gets there, they will find the prime minister and all of the ambassadors and religious head dead.
    nodding to everyone, so hows it sound as a first strike? it will cause martial law to be placed, the terrorists can then start raiding the outlaying communities, raping, pillaging, kidnapping children to use as soldiers, forcing captives who don't convert to commit suicide, and in general making themselves hated. So when our puppet gains power, he can destroy them completely and gain complete public support
    minor creation of chaos and lesser preservation of chaos to cause any solid object approaching the plane to have a severe case of vertigo, spin around randomly, than turn and continue in a direction away from the plane
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-08-18 at 05:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

*Looks at Chaos* Um, how about "NO" We're here to institute Tyranny, not massacre innocent women and children. Not to mention that our Boss represents CIVILIZATION. I'm not sure he'd approve of wholesale slaughter.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Our Master understands necessary losses. But you all so vehemently disagree, we could simply destroy the monument and send the message. It will be immensely useful to have a terrorist organization to blame our activities on, it being under our control would make things easier, and if people really hated it, having our puppet destroy it would make him very popular.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

"And this is why Abis is also instrumental to our success~"

Roy stepped up onto the jet, duffle bag slung over his shoulder and the faint gleam of gadgetry burried somewhere underneath his duster. He stopped and whistled for a moment - this was a very fancy jet. The Power of Wealth never ceased to amaze with her extravagance.

"The aim of the plan is to force the Governments into a situaton where increased security and strict measures will mitigate the damage we do - at which point we escalate. Attacks like that promotes only anarchy: there is no effective response so the Government involved becomes paralysed. In otherwords, an overload - there is a limit to what we can do in a particular time frame. Wouldn't you agree, Abis?"

He took a seat and let a light drink appear casually in his hand. He sipped casually and glanced out the window. Roy furrowed his brow in thought for moment and complied with his sister's request: it was suddenly a very fancy, very extravagant, excepetionally well armed jet.

"Aditionally, I must admit this is a very nice jet. Also, it now has weapons~"

Spoiler
    Show
    Realm: Lesser Creation to make weapons, armour and some wicked engines inside our jet...also, thanks for reminding me, Mobius - I got so wrapped up in RPing that I forgot there were mechanics as well
    Last edited by Cannonball; 2008-08-19 at 01:19 AM.
    "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
    – said G. K. Chesterton

16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Cannonball -- I'll let arming the jet slide as a Lesser Creation, though I guess technically its a Change.

Everyone please do make note in tags of any actual miracles you perform, and pay any MP as necessary.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Mike takes a look around at everybody on the jet, all of them armed with special gear and fancy equipment. He sits down and wonders why he doesn't have anything. All he had was a very old coat, around three dozen boxes of cigarettes and a couple of lighters. He slides down in his seat, crosses his arms, and morphs his hair so it's long enough to hide the fact he's grumpy.
    "Lousy young uns with their nifty gadgets..."
    Nothing but a Nobody

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abis takes a look at William.

"Your current name is William Cameron, correct?

Very well, William Cameron, I encourage your plan of unchecked mass destruction and murder. I am quite sure that our master will be pleased with your actions as well. You will be given the pleasure of experiencing the Rite of the Whip.

I would also recommend solidifying your appearance while in Prosaic Earth, lest we repeat our last experience.
    "

And with that, Abis's appearance shifts, from the shadow of his normal self to that of a normal human; well, as normal as Abis could get. The human form was both very good looking, and scary as hell. He had always hated taking on this form. It was always so... what is the word... nostalgic.

"Roy von Cale, I received a message back from Lord Entropy. He condones our actions, but reminds us of the Code Fidelitatis. The Law."
    Last edited by TakeV; 2008-08-19 at 03:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

*Sigh* Abis brings up a good point. We need to....ration...our use of power. Too much will get us noticed, and not in a pleasent way. Let's try to be discreet, ok?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

She sighs; notice of another big pay-off flashed across the screen of her PDA. "Indeed, a bit over the top. But I admire your dedication. If you apply your power in the right way, no one ever has to know you were there - attaining one's goal to the bill without waste is an accomplishment in itself. Now let's be off."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

To Abis
    I wish I could, why else would I bother with an anchor, I fear it's looking like a P.I. from a bad 80's movie for me again.

To Roy
    True, however, I do think that destroying something superficial but with lots of pride and nationel spirit built up in it would be a good first strike, and having someone to blame is very helpful for the clean-up afterwards
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

22. - Top - End - #112

The Powers aboard, the jet quickly begins its launch sequence through the roof of the Lotus. The first thing that many of the younger Powers notice is that this jet is capable of going straight up. The second thing they notice is that the ride is remarkably smooth and comfortable regardless. As it glides through the maze of towers and infrastructure of Ataraxia, several security drones emerge to see them to the exit.

The transition from the Chancel to the real world is always a strange one. Were anyone to watch the colossal megopolis as they departed, it would seem to grow continually smaller and more distant in but a short time, within minutes departing from view entirely.

Where did you emerge?

Spoiler
    Show
    Award of 2 MP to Cannonball, I had forgotten to give him those for the Health-Linked trait. This will help to compensate for the fact that all miracles cost an additional MP when all deadly wounds have been lost. Yeah, I forgot about that one too.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Mike leans forward, his hair shifting back.
    "Well Newbo Uno and now Grand High Pumbo, where are we headed? 'Cos I'm only really here for the ride, and unless something happened while I was not caring, we're still following your plan."
    He takes a look around and to his great dismay notices a No Smoking sign. To his great joy, he proceeds to light up and blow smoke straight onto the sign.
    "Out of interest... who's flying this plane anyway?"
    Nothing but a Nobody

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

*blinks* Um, I don't Know. That....bothers me on several levels.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Anna laughs to herself over a glass of wine. "Did you ever hear of a man named Schrodinger?"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Had he not died in a gassing accident?"

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Him and his cat, yes. If you're saying what I think you're aying, I'm not going to go and find out just who is flying this thing. Just in case.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Mike thinks for a moment.
    "I hate you Wealth. I really, really hate you."
    Last edited by Jibar; 2008-08-21 at 01:36 AM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, thank you! Tehehe. Time flies but investments can soar... or crash. Now where is our destination? Where shall we begin a new reign of tyranny?"
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-08-21 at 10:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delays, work's been acting up again. No volunteering the destination, so you have all emerged nearby the capitol to nation #2.

I like to keep things moving, so I'll try to pick up the pace a bit. :)

The intercomm suddenly crackles to life, and a slightly garbled message comes through. "Hello there, we do not seem to have an ID or destination for you. We missed your arrival and don't have you on record. Please identify."
    Last edited by JMobius; 2008-08-22 at 09:48 AM.