New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default Re: Apocalypse Northwest

(We're going to stay in tactical-time for right now since everyone's lifespan is pretty time sensitive. So it's Colorado on deck, and Flint gets another turn before Mal's briefcase-grab)
    Nothin' brewin.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

Colorado Williams - The hose knows
    HP: 12/18

Though pleased with his quick thinking, Colorado doesn't have time to celebrate as he sees everyone starting to look in various stages of goo-ification. Seeing Kurt make a move for the briefcase, Colorado decides to try something else in case that doesn't work. He looks back at the sprinkler and checks that there is no more chemicals dripping into the pump. Figuring that there is either just water coming out the pipe and it will dilute and wash off whatever is on his skin or that there are chemicals in the water and it will only speed his conversion to a liquid state, Colorado sticks his left arm into the stream and sees what happens.

Fort Save: 9+1 = 10, failure taken into account above
    (OOC: If there is something that indicates that chemicals are still in the water, Colorado ditches this plan and makes a move for the briefcase.)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

DM got bored

Edit: Colorado and Trainwhistle's attempts to wash in water don't aggravate the problem, but neither man feels particularly healthier.

Anyways, Kurt opens the clasps on the side of the briefcase, and flips it open on the table. Inside the briefcase is are several objects held in cushioning foam. There's a medical bottle of several ounces of blue liquid with a label that says Trout's Serum. Beside the bottle, in its own foam nook, there's an empty syringe.

On the open half of the briefcase, there's a symbol engraved that looks like this:
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2008-09-12 at 10:49 AM.
    Nothin' brewin.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flint begins stripping off his camo jacket in a hurry, hoping it will keep his problems from worsening. Wriggling free from the coat, he hurls it aside, and instinctively grabs his burning arm with his slightly-less burning arm. Fairly certain that this particular problem will not be solved by punching anyone, he begins calling for help, yelling at the top of his manly lungs.

"GERARD!" Then, remembering one of the children's names, "Elliot! Coast's clear, but we could use a hand in here!"

The Dane seems understandably grumpy about his hand potentially turning to goo.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2008-09-13 at 05:35 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Kurt McDeadFace: (What's the time?) It's time to get Ill!

Thinking back on his days as a computer programmer, Kurt tries to connect the dots as to how his life choices led him to this moment, with a mutant alien plant monster lying slain at his feet, and a chemical moving quite a bit faster than ebola about to rip his body apart. Maybe if I had studied harder... he thinks to himself as a go-to guilt gut reaction, knowing full well there's no cause and effect between these two.

Then he considers the last program he wrote. How the universe cannot be rational. How all of his adolescent nihilistic fears were true, and they came together to form a reality Cthulu could only serve to clarify.

While thinking all this, Kurt reaches into the briefcase, carefully handles the syringe, gently inserts it into the bottle, fills it up a quarter of the contents, holds it upright, squirts a little off the top to close any air bubbles, and as his stream of consciousness fast forwards back into an intense realization of the present, he lunges the needle towards his heart, pushing the contents in.

Regardless of the chemical reaction, the psychological impact alone sends Kurt to the ground. Fetal position, a must.
    Last edited by Malconstant; 2008-09-15 at 07:50 PM.
    If Mao Ze Dong was wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Kurt Vescher

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

DM: Ch-ch-changes!

To Flint: No one responds to your calls--Ansiem is nowhere to be found, and Elliot was the boy with the unfortunate luck of melting just outside the greenhouse.

As Kurt's life--and a philosophical quandry--flashes before his eyes, he's pleased to note that his pain is starting to subside as the blue serum pumps itself through his veins. The quickly-spreading rash on his skin fades even faster than it set in. Despite being in the fetal position, he has never felt less like an exposed fetus.

Then his vision starts to get "wavy." To his perception, the entire room suddenly explodes in sound, like a waterfall has suddenly been introduced into the room. He's tasting colors, he's smelling textures, and he's feeling all the wonderful smells along the ground. It's like he's 17 and high on rad-beetle stink glands all over again.

It all seems to take hours to Kurt, but I'd say only about...oh, 6 seconds passes to everyone else.

(Kurt--and most likely everyone, soon--gets 2 Mutation Points. These can be used to buy mutations from the list I've posted in the OOC thread. Next to each mutation I've added a brief description to explain what it does. Alternatively, you can save your mutation points up for other mutations, some costing all the way up to 6 MP. And, if you don't want to look like a science-mutant, feats can be purchased for 5 MP's and you can pay 10 MP to add 1 to an ability score. Here's the link to the OOC thread, for ease.)
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2008-09-16 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Editted for whiners
    Nothin' brewin.

7. - Top - End - #67

Flint Ironstag Oh, what the hell.

Flint sees Kurt's rash recede and absolutely nothing else. In a flash, he's kneeling beside the ex-programmer, prying the syringe out of coma guy's hands. He wipes the end of the needle with his tank-top and fills the syringe frantically, trying to get a similar dose to his comrade before his hands fall off. He bites his lip and inserts the needle into his melty-er arm, sending the liquid coursing throughout his body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hrm... I was not ready to make Flint an X-man. I think I'm gonna hold off on mutations for now.
    Merlin the Tuna

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Trainwhistle Jenkins, reclaiming his birthright?

Trainwhistle Jenkins notices the water is about as good for skin cleanser as a damp paper bag is fer a jimmy hat, and looks around for new solutions. Upon seeing Kurt go through a philisophical life crisis, followed by an actual life crisis, he gets an idear. Upon seeing the block of granite go through the same process, he gets a similar and much better idear.

"Colyrado, you best go first, last person't used a needle after me couldn't see fer a good six weeks, and never did get rid o that full-body rash, god rest his soul." Once Mr. Williams has decided whether or not to jab himself with the needle, Trainwhistle springs into action with his brilliant idear: he stabs himself with the needle in no particular place or order. Ta-da!

A rip-roarin headache blasts across the wasteland that is Trainwhistle Jenkins' mind, and he falls to the ground clutchin at his head, trying to massage his brain to sleep while the gross-nuts science scours his body. All that can be heard are a few quiet whimpers of, "Galdurned scientists can go et a mutant sea urchin. Rassinfrassin...," and so on.

Spoiler
    Show
    I was wondering when we are allowed to spend our muto points. Can I save em until such time as some random thing mutates to save the day? Also, I'm probably going to be going straight psion with this stuff. Roxors. Phsyical indications? Crazy eyes. Ca. Razy. Eyes.
    Last edited by OneFamiliarFace; 2008-09-17 at 03:41 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Colorado Williams - about to move up the evolutionary ladder

Watching what happened to Kurt and Flint, Colorado can only assume he will be cured or die a quicker death than melting . Wiping off the needle, Colorado fills the syringe with his quarter of the blue elixer, searches for a nice vein, and makes like a heroin addict.

Feeling the liquid flow through him, Colorado removes the needle and gives it to Trainwhistle. He then falls to the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'm pretty OK with making Colorado a horrible monster. Trainwhistle, you could get the Smokescreen one so you could look even more like a train. I just like the idea of you charging someone yelling like a madman with smoke belching out of you

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

DM: How many points to be Gambit, mon ami?

After a few moments, the hallucinations cease and the pain subsides. The four men lie on the ground, feeling relatively normal. Except, of course, that they've injected some bizarre serum into their system that is having unknown and incredible effects in their system. Their insides feel like they're crawling ever so slightly for a few minutes after the injection.

The briefcase, syringe, and bottle lie on the ground after being passed around in the most Kids-don't-try-this-at-home way possible. There's still a little bit of blue liquid at the very bottom of the bottle--not quite enough for a dose, but enough to investigate.

Before anyone can get up, however, a voice from the door yells out "Trainwhistle!" Edna comes running into the room and kneels beside Jenkins, propping him up and slapping him in the face. "Get up, ya old yarddog!"

(Mutie points clarification--points can be saved and used at any point you like. Save 'em, spend 'em, boil 'em in a stew)
    Nothin' brewin.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Kurt Vescher: still very recently shoved a metal spike through his rib cage, ripping into his heart.

After a few minutes Kurt brings himself to his knees and gets up. Holding his heart, he stumbles to the door and eventually to a bed for the night. Despite the recent severe mental and physical trauma, he's wearing a ****-eating grin the whole way home (or rather, that depends on the effects of the drug. If it lingers, he's feelin it, but if it's just a short lived intense high, he's psychologically wrecked for the night).

Kurt Vescher

12. - Top - End - #72

Colorado Williams - Has the Devil in his blood, telling him what to do

Colorado wakes up in a daze and spends some time trying to figure out where up is. When he makes his way to his knees he promplty vomits on the floor. He wipes his mouth and surveys the scene around him. As he looks around, his memory of the events gradually return to him.

He looks over at his old friend Trainwhistle still passed out even with a woman who fancied him that close and starts worrying. He crawls over to Trainwhistle and assists Edna in trying to slap him awake. He removes the syringe from Trainwhistle and checks for a breath and a pulse.

"C'mon, old man, you're fine and you still got some work to do tonight" says Colorado as he gives a look to Enda.

When Trainwhistle wakes up Colorado goes to the bottle with the blue liquid in it. He would check on Flint, but anything that didn't kill Colorado and Kurt surely wouldn't have killed that ox. He starts studying the bottle's contents.

(OOC: Let me know if you want a knowledge check now or later or what.)

13. - Top - End - #73

GnomeWizardGuy

Trainwhistle Jenkins, Inside the Man

The faint echoes of flesh on flesh seem to come from far away as Trainwhistle Jenkins looks down on Oiltown with a smile bigger than the Mississip(p). He is back, and in his old clothes: a pair of coveralls with both straps in tact, red shoes with only one piece of duct tape, and a shirt that says "I Ain't Yo Grampa." Somehow, he has made it. He's the King o' Oiltown, and they have rewarded him with the bright red fireman's hat which is the mark of such a high office. His grin becomes toothy, as his beautiful queen, Janey Stabfast, hawks one of the purdiest loogies he ever did see onto their terrain.

Then oilpods start raining from the sky, blasting everything to all high hell. Trainwhistle's head begins to explode in pain just as a large pod hits Janey square on...

He wakes up screaming, "Jane...Edna!" It takes a moment for his eyes to focus. "Errm, howdy Edna. Boy does my face hurt fer...erm...all that grinnin I was doin just thinkin about ya." Trainwhistle holds his hand to his head like he's holdin a melon steady for Greenpeace Gallagher to end his triumphantly hilarious final Oiltown show. "I don't suppose ya got any medicine fer an old man that couldn't be bought for, say, a battery. O'course, ya'd have to throw in a room fer that, as'n a plant-killer like me'll need a place ta stay." Trainwhistle Jenkins looks up and gives a sly old wink.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is a battery too much? Should I offer half a battery? How can I do that? I'm a bit confused.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

DM wouldn't touch Trainwhistle for less than 4, maybe 5, batteries

To Kurt: You successfully stumble home, even though the ground and buildings don't make the trip any easier by constantly moving around. Along the way you're pretty sure you realize how an entity could mix magnetic fields, yet-unknown polymers, and extremely precise...angles...to leave their dimension, but by the time you get home you've forgotten and really just want a burger. In the morning you have a dull headache, and your whole body feels a bit...strange.

To Colorado: You'll be able to make a Knowledge Earth and Life Sciences check at some point, but you'll probably need a successful Research check first. You don't have the equipment to analyze the liquid, and people haven't manifested the mutations which might help you figure out its purpose.

In the Greenhouse

At Trainwhistle's proposition, Edna smiles and strokes the prospector's beard. "Medicine, eh? I've got a good idea what you might be needing, ya sweet thing...and you won't need to give me a single battery for it..." She stands suddenly, Trainwhistle's head rudely landing on the ground for the second time today. "You'll be needin' to get on over to Doc Freeman's! Ain't a bed in all Wiltshire at'll heal wounds like that...and yer eyes are lookin' sorta queer, Trainwhistle. Maybe he'll be able to tell you why they look so strange."
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2008-09-22 at 10:51 AM.
    Nothin' brewin.

15. - Top - End - #75

Flint Ironstag and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Flint slowly drags his face off of the floor, wiping off the bit of drool dribbling down his cheek. He rolls over with a flop, staring up at the ceiling and quietly swearing that it really ought to sit still and stop its spinning and warping. After clutching his head and groaning for a few minutes, he looks down at his right hand, wondering why it feels like he just finished playing tag with a scorpion the size of a truck. The charred flesh on his right hand is a good reminder, as is the bleeding spine wound on his left shoulder blade. He collects his jacket from the floor, closes his eyes for a moment, and, catching his second wind, rises to his feet. Still half in a daze, he begins lurching towards the door, muttering "Freeman. Gotta get to Freeman."
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2008-09-22 at 10:03 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

16. - Top - End - #76

GnomeWizardGuy

Trainwhistle Jenkins, cries over spilt Charisma points

Trainwhistle sits staring blankly ahead. Something just went slightly awry, and he hasn't quite got it yet, like mutant faeries, fluttering just on the edges of consciousness. He stands up. When it fully hits him what he will NOT be doing that night, a tirade of curses, fit to tie a sailor's mom who curses a lot, pours from his mouth like so much mutation vomit, which follows the curses almost immediately. He dances back on tiptoes to save his shoes and spews on one of Edna's legs copiously, to say the least.

"Right, best git me to the doctor then." Trainwhistle Jenkins rubs a leathered sleeve across his mouth as he tromps out the door, clanging the door with Ol' Bashy.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

DM is proud to announce his first NPC that has been puked on

Immediately after Trainwhistle's flow of curses smoothly and gradually transitions into flows of vomit, Edna finds herself looking down at a bile-covered leg. She gags a bit, fails to force a polite "I'm leaving now" smile and nod to her face, and leaves rapidly.

The three men (assuming Colorado isn't going off on some spirit quest), in varying degrees of grogginess, hallucinations, and general grumpiness, reach Doc Freeman's door in about 10 minutes. The Wiltshire night is extremely quiet, especially compared to their most recent exploits. Freeman lives in a fairly well-to-do section of town. Electrical streetlights line the streets, humming slightly overhead.

After a knock on Freeman's door and a short pause, the door opens to reveal Doc Freeman. As always, his medical kit is handcuffed to his wrist to keep the rare tools out of thieves' hands. A mid-40's man of latino descent, he stands at the door in boxers and with a fair amount of stubble. He's rubbing his eyes. "I am not 'on call,' I am 'asleep' at 3 in the morning. I don't know how man--" He looks at you three for the first time, and sees your unusual wounds. "I..I'm sorry, please, come in."

(Feel free to take it from there. Also, it'd make my life easier if at least one person started to manifest mutations by "tomorrow morning" in game time.)
    Nothin' brewin.

18. - Top - End - #78

GnomeWizardGuy

Trainwhistle Jenkins, aka Slumberjaw

Trainwhistle wakes up the next mornin after a night in Doc Freeman's intensive care unit: his floor. His throat and jaw are sore somethin fierce. Musta been all the gunk 'at got in his mouth as he was hootin and hollerin at the botanical boss fight. He looks groggily over at his companions on the floor through, and their images swim. He stands up and spits. "Hock-pitooey! I'll be danged if'n I don't hear bacin a-sizzlin. That doc sure knows how to treat patients!"

As Trainwhistle looks down, he notices that it'weren't na bacon at'all, but the rotting wooden floor beneath him making some kind of acidy hole. He works his tongue over his gums and lips and spits again. "Hock-pitooey!" And again his saliva makes a small hole in the floor. Picking up a loose shard of glass or whatever, Trainwhistle examines his face. Though his beard hides it okay, his mouth appears to have grown a bit, and as he opens it to see inside, his face breaks apart and his teeth elongate into sharp points. "Aw, jumpin Jesus on a racehorse. You got ta be kiddin me!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, I'll bite. Trainwhistle now has a bite attack and acidy spittle. Want to tell me what those do? I didn't want anything too obvious yet, so it's only a mutation people can tell I have if they examine me closely, seeing my jawline and mouth are a little too big. Does that work?

Edit: that bite pun was unintentional. I meant I wasn't planning on getting all mutey, but I can work with this.
    Last edited by OneFamiliarFace; 2008-09-24 at 10:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Colorado Williams - Taking on more aspects of the family cat

Colorado Wakes up on the floor of Doc Freeman's humble abode with the worst hangover he's ever had. After he remembers that he didn't actually drink that much last night, he groans and rubs his eyes. He looks himself over and sees that the good doctor has done a good job of taking care of his wounds. Colorado glances around and makes sure all his friends are similarly well taken care of.

Colorado's eyes burn like he's got salt in them. Colorado rubs them again but it doesn't stop. Colorado looks around for something reflective to see if there is something in them. Upon seeing his reflection, Colorado is shocked to find that his eyes now resemble those of a cat. Colorado blinks and rubs his eyes again, but the golder orbs with verticle slits remain.

"Dad would never let me hear the end of this." is all Colorado can think so say.

(OOC: For now, I'm just taking unnatural eyes and saving the muto-points.)

20. - Top - End - #80

Flint Ironstag, Slayer of Ceilings

Flint sits sleeping at Doctor Freeman's dinner table, having chosen a chair rather than risk sleeping on his badly-injured shoulder blade. His nose twitches a bit, apparently not appreciating the smell of the floor decomposing. He half opens an eye as he complains, "Jenkins, whatever you're doing, cut it --"

At that exact moment, he bears witness to Trainwhistle's face as it breaks apart. "HOLY SON OF A --" he cries, literally jumping out of his chair. He finds his travels to quickly be cut short, however, as his head slams brutally into the ceiling.

He crumples to the floor, silent.

Jump: 16+13=29. (3.5 foot standing vertical leap. I'll have to work on getting some skill points into this sometime.)
    Merlin the Tuna

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Kurt Vescher a man, a can, a plan.

Kurt wakes up with a jolt, sweating. Not a nightmare, really, just overwhelming. He's still nauseous and so goes over to his toilet to have some words. After a few moments it occurs to him that he can't focus, on anything. His thought process is constantly flittering about between overlapping, unrelated topics. It's driving him nuts. He gets up, takes a couple shots of irish whiskey from a bottle next to his bed, lies down and tries to shut it out.

After what feels like hours, but is really only about 45 minutes, Kurt gets up, slings Erwin over his shoulder, makes his way to the door, stumbles over to the toilet as a detour to give his last rebuttal, and walks outside, muttering Doctor... under his breath.

Kurt Vescher

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

DM: Could totally jump 3.5 feet into the air, if he felt like it...he just doesn't.

Doctor Freeman comes into the room as Colorado, Trainwhistle, and Flint begin to manifest various levels of freakiness and deakiness. He is wearing a bathrobe and a face full of a night's stubble yet-unshaven. In one hand he has a clipboard, and in the other a coffee mug that looks like its seen a rough night. In the corner of the room sits a coffee table with numerous medical implements on it--a microscope, several slides, syringes. His eyes go wide as the party makes their unsettling discoveries, but he does not seem quite as shocked as one might expect. His voice is gravelly as he speaks, and it's clear that he has been up all night.

"I see my suspicions are confirmed then..." He sits on a patched yellow couch and rubs his eyes. "The changes are already showing. I hope you don't mind--I took some of your blood last night while you were unconscious and drooling holes into my floor. I'm not quite sure what's happening, but the samples showed some unique properties at the time they were taken. And, as the night wore on, they continued to change, losing some anomalies while gaining others. What the hell happened to you?"
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2008-09-30 at 11:54 AM.
    Nothin' brewin.

23. - Top - End - #83

Flint Ironstag is a mrh? cow.

After a few seconds of silence, confused look, and general mad antics, Flint rubs his head and begins dragging himself off the floor. "Doc, I'm not sure I can really say, myself." Now standing, he bounces a little bit, trying to figure out exactly what his legs are capable of. "We heard about trouble at Gerard's and went to help out. When we got there, a couple of the orphans came out and melted..." he pauses as the image finally sinks in. "...right in front of our eyes. We went in to get the rest of 'em out and had to fight some giant muto-plant thing that was wreckin' the place. And there was some kinda weird juice spraying from the sprinklers that started makin' us melt. We weren't too keen on that idea, so we found another buncha goo and tried that -- yeah, not helpful -- then shot a third one up, and whaddya know, we're all better." He rubs his head and thighs, then looks at Trainwhistle. "...Kind of."
    Merlin the Tuna

24. - Top - End - #84

Colorado Williams - wants everyone to get ready for obvious Ted Nugent and Cat Scratch Fever jokes

"Yeah, there was some chemical in the sprinkler system that cause all of our skin to burn and crack, and I imagine it caused the childern to dissolve. I fear the same would have happened to us if we had not used the other liquid as we did. I used a more concentrated amount to damage the plant beast and I saved some of that and the solution we injected into our veins to analyze. Hopefully we can figure out what caused this." Colorado looks around at his friends and their various states of change.

"The children mentioned something about a man in red, and we noticed a man in red leather with a wolf at his side. Do you know who he is, Doc? Have you seen him before?"
    Last edited by Freeborg; 2008-10-05 at 02:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

DM is setting phasers to Exposition

To Colorado: Freeman frowns when the man in red is mentioned. "I can't say I saw much of him beyond noting his strange animal at the saloon yesterday. I doubt this compound was created in Wiltshire though, and he's your most likely suspect for whoever might have brought it in."

Freeman nods his head as any concerned doctor would as you speak. "Well, your story fits about as much as one might, given these odd nature of your changes. The incredible nature of these changes would suggest they're occurring on the DNA level, and as such I'm afraid I probably don't have the facilities to research what has happened to you here in Wiltshire...you'll need access to a DNA lab, as well as a hospital with resources more than..." He waves the medical bag handcuffed to his wrist. "...our own modest supplies."

He rubs his stubble thoughtfully. "If you want to find out what's happening, how dangerous it is for you, even how you might stop it, you'll be needing to get to Portland. They've still got a decent city set up there, and I've got a peer there who is rather well-versed in DNA. His name is Doctor Watson, and everything I know about medicine I mostly learned from him and his wife."

He adds, "No one's going to think you're cowards if you'd rather not go, though...braving the wastes won't be an easy task."
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2008-10-06 at 11:15 AM.
    Nothin' brewin.

26. - Top - End - #86

GnomeWizardGuy

Trainwhistle Jenkins has a player again.

At the mention of 'cowards,' Trainwhistle Jenkins jolts up, dropping the shard of glass or whatever. "Last man as called Trainwhistle Jenkins a coward is deader'n a mutant moose who just ate a volatile oil pod. Granted, Pappy died o' the sodium accident. But the principle is the same!"

He pushes himself up off the ground with Ol' Bashy and stands. "Well, ya know I'm ready ta go, an' trust me on 'is one, Trainwhistle Jenkins ain't gettin any younger..." He rubs his jaw with one hand. "Less'n of course, I am somehow mutating in that fashion." The old prospector looks confused but ready to go.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Kurt Vescher:

As Kurt stumbles closer to the doctor's office, he starts to get a handle on things, which serves him just fine until he opens the door and catches a glimpse of Trainwhistle taking one step closer to a venus fly trap. For some reason Portland comes to mind, and he realizes it's understood that they'll be on their way soon.
    Well alright then, lets blow this crispy cricket stand.

Kurt Vescher

28. - Top - End - #88

Colorado Williams - feels the Spirit of the Wild

Colorado listens to Trainwhistle and Kurt state their desire to hurry up and get on the road, but isn't sold on that course of action.

"I'd like to go off and figure out what happened to us just as much as you guys, but, for lack of knowing his real name, The Man in Red Leather might still be in town. Currently, our best guess is that he instructed children to pour the chemicals into the sprinkler system that then melted two of them, created the plant monster, and turned us into a circus sideshow. I'm not sure we should just abandon Wiltshire to whatever science experiments he has kids doing next. I'd at least like to find out what his story is before we head out. Otherwise who knows what monsters will be roaming here when we return. Trainwhistle, would you just leave Edna hear with that guy and his dog? Also, we could figure out where he got the chemicals from and track them down too. After we figure these things out, then I'm all for going to Portland."

Colorado looks at his friends and their reaction to his ideas.

29. - Top - End - #89

GnomeWizardGuy

Trainwhistle Jenkins, pushover

At the mention of kids doing science experiments, Trainwhistle stops in his tracks. "Edna, who's Edna? Look, if we're on about stoppin Mr. Fancy Pants from corruptin our youth with tha likes a science, then I suggist we git a move'n on that'n instead'n."

OC:

Spoiler
    Show
    For as many times as I type, I can never fully type Trainwhistle Jenkins without messing up at least once.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

(You guys can continue forward on whatever path you want--feel free to add Knowledge, Track, Gather Information, etc. checks into your post to speed things up a bit)
    Nothin' brewin.