New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Corrupted Foundations (IC, Group One)

The two shots trace through the crowd and both enter the back of the assailant's skull. He takes a few more steps foreword as his corpse falls to the ground. The crowd quickly scatters, with elf, dwarf, and every other race in attendance running for alleys and streets to avoid conflict. The ring of guards around Stonetreader quickly pull ranks to surround the cart. However, as they do, another cloaked figure strides foreword, flanked by several more. The first figure holds his hand out, and small arcs of lightning fly over the guard's heads, striking the surprised Senator. He cries out in pain as he is physically hurled foreward, into the waiting grasp of his assailant. The massive flow of the crowd keeps you busy with their bumping and jostling, and when it clears you see a disturbing sight. The ring of guards are dead, and Stonetreader is being pulled away, unconcious. The cloaked leader looks back to see the small group of armed forces, and makes a simple remark to his inferiors as he continues to drag the Senator.
    Kill them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative order, map, and more to come soon (hour or so)
    The Bear is Back.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

So we are not rolling our own init?
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pup3k View Post
    So we are not rolling our own init?
    Spoiler
    Show
    No. I think it's a heavy waste of time in PBP to have plaers roll init when I have all your bonuses. Rather than waste time, I will do them all. Also, please put OOC stuff like this in spoilers.

MAP

Spoiler
    Show
    All corpses are marked in black, all living things in another color. You guys start anywhere in column 16. Initiative order-
    Coshim
    Errandan
    Zelek
    Orange Thugs
    Lambert
    Purple Thug
    Segius
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2008-08-21 at 05:40 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Erandan is starting in E-16
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Segius isn't known for his reflexes...he starts in H-16, and go dead last woot!
    When life gets you down, nothing seems to go right, or you just cant find something, remember this... Got Ale?

-Dwarven Life Style

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Coshim

Coshim camly presses his palms together as if about to pray and then flings his arms out to either side. "Guard our bodies, free our minds!" A faint glow covers him and his nearby allies, and all of those affected feel slightly safer.

Coshim then draws his bow and prepares to fight.

Spoiler
    Show

Starting in G-16
    Shield of Faith: daily utility power, standard action, close burst 5
    All allies in burst gain +2 power bonus to AC until end of encounter. (I'm not sure if I get the benefit too, need to check the book when I get home).
    Draw longbow (minor action?).

For the sake of clarification, black H is the one already killed in the surprise round, orange H are unknown thugs, and purple H is the guy who shot lightening and is now dragging the body?
    I spent an hour on the edge of dreams,
    I walked between the worlds,
    and when I woke I never knew
    to which side I had fallen

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Lambert is in K-16, getting a clear view of things.
    Libras D'lnar avatar by CSK

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quickly pulling back two more arrows, Erandan sends them flying towards the front most thug. Before his arrows have time to hit home, Erandan is already putting away his bow and running forwards, swords in hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Target: G7
    attack 1: (1d20+6)[13]
    attack 2: (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage 1: (1d10)[8]
    Damage 2: (1d10)[3]
    Move to E9
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zelek appears from the shadows of the buildings that he was hiding behind, and like lightning produces two Shuriken from the many folds of his cloak while running towards the nearest thug, hurling them with a practiced ease.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starts in F-16
    Move to E-11 and use Sly Flourish on Orange Thug in H7
    Then use action point to gain another Standard action and use Sly Flourish again.

Attack mods are: 1 (1/2 level)+4 (Dex mod)+3 (Proficiency)+2 (Combat Advantage as per First Strike class feature)= +10

Damage mods are: 1d6 (weapon)+4 (Dex mod)+2 (Cha mod)+ 2d8 (Sneak Attack)

Attack rolls:
    (1d20+10)[26]
    (1d20+10)[18]

Damage Rolls:
    (1d6+6)[12]+(2d8)[4]=16
    (1d6+6)[11]+(2d8)[4]=15

If the first attack drops the thug in H7 the second attack will target the thug in H8
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-08-21 at 10:50 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Bolstered by Coshim's hurried prayer, two of the faster party members leap into action. Erranden's arrows are ineffective, however, as one goes slightly wide, clipping a building, and another one is dodged by the swift figure. Zelek's shuriken fly through the air and dig into the flesh of another one of the hooded foes, one slicing into his leg while another found it's way under the hood itself. With a cough, the wounded man spits a large amount of blood to the cobblestones before the group charges foreword to meet the two ranged attackers.

Two attackers dash to the ranger, wary of the two blades he carries. One dashes foreword, swinging a mace at the elf's face. Erranden's sword deftly sends the blow away, but the other thug, seeing an opening, rushes in. He too swings a blow for the head, and Erranden barely manages to dodge this blow as he sways, watching it soar over his head.

Two more rush the assassin. The wounded man, blood still flowing openly down his cloak, leaps onto the cart and uses both hands to bash Zelek. The mighty blow comes in too fast for the Shadar-Kai to dodge, but just before the blow would impact his temple it bounced back, sparks flying. The thug seems just as surprised as Zelek, but Coshim sees that his prayer has caused divine intervention to aid their side. However, while distracted by the first assailant, the second struck at Zelek's exposed back. His clubbing blow causes a flash like a thunder bolt to crash through the assassin's mind, and when it had cleared his mind still swam with pain. The cloaked figure lets loose a cry of victory and dashes foreword to try for a better position.

Spoiler
    Show
    You cna only do sneak attack once per round, pup. And yes, dreams, you are right on all counts, except the purple thug is simply another cloaked figure. The one who shot lightning at Stonetreader carried him off the map. If someone pursues, I will expand the map to accomadate. Back to the fight...

Zelek takes 5 damage and is dazed till the thug's next turns.
    Thug H2 takes 27 damage but is still standing, and pissed.
    No attack of op for Erranden because H4 shifted a square.
    Initiative
    Coshim
    Errandan
    Zelek
    H1
    H2
    H3
    H4
    Lambert<---Turn
    Purple Thug
    Segius

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2008-08-24 at 02:57 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Lambert Norcalimo, Half-Elf Paladin

Lambert sees that he is not in the best position to assist the front, so he will go around the cart instead. He unsheathes his longsword and readies his shield, then charges around the cart to meet one of the thugs with a strike.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Draw longsword and heavy shield.
    Move: Move to K-11
    Standard: Charge to G-9 and attack Orange Thug #3. Combat advantage with Erandan.
    Attack - (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage - (1d8)[8]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Lambert's strike catches the attacker unaware, laying a massive slash across his back. However, the man's thin armor takes the brunt of the blow. A small amount of blood oozes out as the man cry out in pain.

The last cloaked figure strides foreword, slow and confident. Raising his hand, he chants in an arcane tongue as lightning flashes out from his hand. It strikes Lambert with ht emost force, causing painful shocks to pulse up and down his body. It flies through him to Zelek, striking him as well, causing his muscles to jerk and shake involuntarily. Another arc bounces towards Erranden, but the elf sees the shock coming and quickly ducks down. The lightning strikes a nearby building, blowing large chunks off the brick wall and bringing an odd, metallic smell to the air as the brick dust burns.
    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

H3 Takes 8 damage from the crit, Lambert and Zelek take 10 and 6 respectively. Segius is up.
    Initiative
    Coshim
    Errandan
    Zelek-11, Dazed.
    H1
    H2-27
    H3-8
    H4
    Lambert-10
    Purple Thug
    Segius<---Turn
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2008-08-25 at 12:17 AM.
    The Bear is Back.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Segius seems strangely detached from the fight...he gives a repilian smile and instead of reaching for his sword he takes the glaive off his back. the blade bursts into green flame as he walks cautiously over to his enemy who stands over the wounded zelek.

After finding a good position he attacks with his blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    1d20+9 → [2,9] = (11)

seeing the attack miss the blade changes from greenflame to radiateing cold.

Spoiler
    Show
    1d20+7 → [6,7] = (13)

Spoiler
    Show
    minor=draw glaive
    move= to c11
    standard=greenflameblade
    actionpoint standard= chilling blow
    ooc: The dice hate me horribly
    Last edited by drackcove; 2008-08-25 at 05:23 PM.
    When life gets you down, nothing seems to go right, or you just cant find something, remember this... Got Ale?

-Dwarven Life Style

14. - Top - End - #44

BardGuy

Coshim

Coshim carefully watches the battle as each of his allies and enemies move into position. Finally,when they have all grouped together, he moves to stand at the edge of the melee and unleashes a barrage of multi-colored rays of light that seem to pierce his opponents but bolster his allies. He pays special attention to one of the thugs, hoping to finish off an already injured foe.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action: designate H2 as my quarry
    Move to D-12
    Free Action: Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune: +1 on my next attack roll or save
    Standard action: Divine Glow, close blast 3 covering E-11 to G-9, wis v. ref, all enemies hit take 1d8+wis mod radiant damage, all allies in blast get +2 power bonus on all attacks until the end of my next turn.
    Attack rolls:
    H2: (1d20+6)[16]
    H3: (1d20+6)[8]
    H4: (1d20+6)[14]

Damage roll: (1d8+4)[10]
    Bonus Quarry damage on H2 (if hit) (1d6)[3]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Keep the round going guys. I'll update and summarize later. Just remember to use the forum roller, drackove. Maybe you'll have more luck
    The Bear is Back.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erandan

Erandan's blades arc through the air at one of his foes with deadly efficiency.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twin strike on H1, applying quarry bonus on whichever one hits
    Attack 1: (1d20+6)[11]
    Attack 2: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage 1: (1d8)[5]
    Damage 2: (1d8)[2]
    Quarry: (1d6)[6]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zelek is suprised by his attacker's skill and dexterity, quickly diciding that he should retreat to assess the situation. He vanishes into the shadows, then suddently reappears by the cart, away from his attackers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Use Shadow Jaunt to move to H14
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Segius' pair of attacks slice only air as the nimble foes dodge his massive blade. Coshim's divine blessing has a three-fold effect, with the most heavily wounded attacker falling dead to the ground, his companion reeling with pain, and Erranden's blades striking with divine guidance. He leaves a shallow slash across the torso of the enemy he attacks, though his second blow only cuts the man's cloak. Zelek's dissapearing act leaves his opponents baffled, but they quickly recover and turn to the most vulnerable prey.

Erranden's armor may be enhanced by Coshim's blessing, but the wolf pack surrounding him manages to harm him anyway. One mace is quickly turned aside by his blade, but another thunders into his shoulder, knocking him to a knee. Another comes in, but he stops it with his other scimitar, taking only a ringing, stinging pain to his hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    H2 Dies, H4 takes 10, H1 Takes 8. Erranden takes 11, then 1, unless you use your encounter. Then 11 and do your thing, I'll edit.
    Initiative
    Coshim
    Errandan
    Zelek-11
    H1-8
    H3-8
    H4-10
    Lambert-10 <---Turn
    Purple Thug
    Segius

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2008-08-26 at 10:47 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Lambert Norcalimo, Half-Elf Paladin

Stand strong! Lambert steps a little to the side, then he makes a strike against one of the thugs, guided by his faith and Coshim's blessing. The strike also invokes a Challenge of the Flame, a small flame threatening to scorch and hinder the thug unless he attacks the paladin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Shift to G-8.
    Minor: Divine Challenge H3.
    Standard: Bolstering Strike
    Attack - (1d20+10)[20]
    Damage - (1d8+4)[5]
    Last edited by Eldmor; 2008-08-27 at 06:45 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the slow posting, guys. I just moved into my dorm and it took a while to get my internet working right. I also need a bit of time to get autorealm downloaded again for maps. Should have the next post tomorrow evening. Thanks.
    The Bear is Back.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm good with that.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Lambert's blessed strike smashes into the figure, and several bones crack under the weight of the blow, not to mention to blood that splashes from the wound. The wounded foe drops to a knee in pain, crying out. As Lambert pulls his blade away, a magical bolt sizzles over his head. The figure standing in the alley drops a smoking wand he had pointed at the paladin and swears at his bad luck.
    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Coshim
    Errandan
    Zelek-11
    H1-8
    H3-8
    H4-20
    Lambert-10
    Purple Thug
    Segius<---Turn

And sorry for the delay. Had some trouble getting my map maker working, but as you see now, we are go.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2008-09-03 at 12:42 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Segius furious about his failed attacks "foolishly" steps in between two of the men and attacks a third. As he moves low vibrations of arcane words escape his toothy maw.

Spoiler
    Show
    moves to D9. and makes and attack against h3 while putting his shielding aigeus on that target.
    Greenflame blade attack 1d20+7 → [8,7] = (15)
    If hit then 2d4+4 → [2,4,4] = (10) damage and both h1 and and h4
    take 2 fire damage

-Dwarven Life Style

24. - Top - End - #54

BardGuy

Coshim

Coshim maintains his position on the edge of the fight, takes careful aim, and targets the most injured foe with a single beam of light.

Spoiler
    Show

Lance of Faith, targeting H4
    (1d20+5)[24] versus reflex
    (1d8+4)[12] damage and Errandan gets +2 bonus to attacks against H4 if I hit.

EDIT: Wow, almost a crit, and I get max damage anyway!

Last edited by Edge of Dreams; 2008-09-05 at 02:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Errandan's blades arc out towards two separate foes as he attempts to avoid the third.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twin Strike, Targeting H1 and H4 Respectively
    roll 1: (1d20+6)[10]
    roll 2: (1d20+6)[11]
    dmg 1: (1d8)[8]
    dmg 2: (1d8)[4]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zelek skillfully draws his sword, an action that he has performed many, many times before, then dashes around the cart, slashing with the newly drawn blade while flanking with Erranden.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Draw Shortsword
    Move: Move to E11
    Standard: Use Sly Flourish on H4

Attack: (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[8]+(2d8)[10] (SA)=18
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-09-11 at 09:19 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

The wash of green flame from Segius' massive glaive sends sparks flying into two of the men, while another shrieks as the fiery blade opens a large gouge in his stomach. Then Coshim's holy lance pierces the most heavily wounded thug, bringing him down, a large hole singed through him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Coshim
    Errandan<--- turn
    Zelek-11
    H1-10
    H3-18
    H4-34
    Lambert-10
    Purple Thug
    Segius
    Sorry, guys. Dropped the ball on that one. H4 is dead, so Erranden and Zelek get new actions. My bad.

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Bear is Back.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Just switch my move to H10 and my attack H3, flanking with Lambert.
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-09-12 at 05:03 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Just change my attacks over to the two that are left

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Erranden's blades slice only air, but Zelek's assassin skills serve him well as his blade slices into the foe's cloak, cutting his spine. The man falls to the ground, unconscious and dying. The remaining thug drops his weapons and sprints away from battle, but his foolish flight is short lived. A large glaive, still hot from arcane flame, cuts into the man's shoulder as Segius attempts to halt the man. Seeing an opening, Erranden hacks at the man from behind while he reels from the pain of the large blade. The enemy cries out and falls to the cobblestones, also bleeding to death and unconscious. Seeing his ally's fate, the last figure immediately throws down his wand.
    Mercy,fine warriors! Don't kill me! I can give you information!

Spoiler
    Show
    Lambert gets the next action, but then its out of combat. 150 xp apiece.
    The Bear is Back.