New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: A God Game

1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: A God Game

Azura

Meanwhile, the fensirs, also known as trolls, grew in number. They were mostly nocturnal creatures, but they also traveled in the underdark during daytime. They established trade relations with both the dwarves and goblins. Their relation with giants was excellent; after all, their mindsets were quite similar.

The trolls favored loose structures and decentralized authority. They organized into bands, clans, tribes and finally nations. The eight most powerful nations of the Northwest signed treaties and eventually formed a political entity known as the Confederacy of Trollheimen.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

We believed that you were evil, because something down here is evil. The Citadels were here to protect my creatures against evils, and since you're in my domain, I must protect you. Could you tell your master that we mean no harm, but also ask him to close that portal to the realm of shadow, I fear something in there might destroy us all.
    The Elementals put their weapons down, and so did Khardas.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The creature roared once more, and the priest translated. My masters never show themselves, they spoke to us through agents and from shadows so thick, even our eyes which can see in all darks could not pierce. They are the lords of the shadow, gods of all that lurks in the shadowy darkness. Nothing can threaten them in their realm, no evil could smite the Great Creators.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-13 at 07:02 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #274

Khardas wondered why lords of darkness would enter his domain, and then turned his attnention back to the Creatures. You can worship whoever you want, and I shall move my citadels in order for you to move whenever you wished, but they need to stay in the vacinity in order to protect us all.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

A lone man, stumbled to the shores, looking up at the sky, a haggard, and some would even say MAD, look on his face, the last few days had not been pleasant for him to say the least, but it all really started a couple years ago.
    He had begun having dreams, depicting horrible creatures speaking in an incomprehensible tongue, where none save one word was constant Rancax.
    These horrible beings that stalked his dreams, began appearing in his vision during the day, and it just kept getting worse at first it was maybe once or twice a day. Then it got more, and more frequent, sometimes even clouding his vision to the point of blindness, and he had to bend over, and vomit from the sheer ATROCITIES that now clouded his vision. Then one night a creature visited him, in his home his wife, and child well asleep in their beds, but he didn't sleep not anymore, not since the dreams, the creature showed no violent intent, but merely flooded his vision with the things to come.
    These visions.. these visions of madness, and the world ending in darkness, and flame consumed his vision, and thus broke his mind, and he thus did give his wife, and child the gift of murder to shield them of what was to come.

He approached, the beach and there he saw the greatest beasts of the sea, beached on the ground, small, and large aquatic animals were fleeing the sea, for that is the natural response when we are confronted with a creature, that is both more powerful then us, and that fills us with fear.
    But that is what separates man, from beast we confront the fear, rather than running away, we prepare for what is to come.
    he thought as he stroked a beached whales, snout, then looking up his eyes melted out of his skull, the last words he muttered were
    "No, What is already here."
    the last image burned into his skull where that of a great tentacled beast emerging from the sea, and the monstrous waves, that signaled his arrival.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-13 at 07:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The great creature bellowed, and again it was translated. Do as you will, if any evil could threaten your seas, it would surely earn the merit of our makers, and it would be dealt with. And in any case, such a creature of shadow could come and go as he pleases, without the need for this opening to the Shadows, much as we can come and go as we please through the shadows. with this, clouds bloomed about the creatures form and it disappeared into the inky darkness, as the shadows settled the creature was gone.

The Twins took the form of twin dragons, but they had no wings, and their clawed fingers and feet were webbed, they had no gills, but they did not need to breath. Simmith took the form of the serpentine Shadow Dragon, and Brakin the larger bulkier one. They swam from the great rift in the ocean floor, their purpose unknown. They hid their godhood, and emanated power that would befit Shadow Dragons of great age and power.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-13 at 07:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

Azura sensed something else. Something new and powerful. She only saw madness.

Could another god have been awakened? What was it this time? Not wanting to ruin her dinner with Phelenus, she just sent an avatar to check out the site.

8. - Top - End - #278

A massive surge of pain went through Khardas. AAARRRGH!!! Khardas yelled as the pain reached its peak. Something has killed his creations, and alot of them. The pain, anger, and horror that such evil has caused gave him a holy vengence. Something has killed a massive amount of creatures of the deep, it is the evil I have been feeling. This is a god of extreme madness, something that has no remorse for killing anything. He quickly willed himself to his citadel before the beast could destroy his people, which now lived in a thriving trading city.town. Come my children, come to my citadel before we are all destroyed! Quickly, the Vipaar town was evacuated into the Coral Citadel.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

The god himself seeing that another being of great power assumed, a more appealing form, one of a albino man, in a black suit as he came to his final rest atop the water he approached the avatar speaking in the tounge of the old ones.
    "Moath Rak' Igrast Alazar."

(This isn't actually Lovecraftian language for al;l you fans out there.)

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The goddess' avatar had taken the shape of an avariel wearing a white robe. She landed on the beach where she saw an enormous shadow. The creature casting the shadow immediately transformed.

He looked like a man, now. But this was only an illusion. There was nothing remotely normal in him.

"Who are you? I do not understand this strange language. What are your intentions?"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-13 at 07:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

The albino man looked quizculy at the avatar, his form shifting as hee moved across the top of the water, and after a few seconds the chaos of his mind adapted to this new being. for now.
    he spoke in a voice, that spoke as if from a thousand voices, each in their wn dark, rumbling tone
    "I'am Rancax, the sleeper beneath, and I have awakened."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

Simmith&Brakin, in the forms of the twindragons, shot towards the coast. They felt the power of the goddess of air alongside of the odd creature. When they reached the land, they immediately grew wings, and the webs in their fingers disappeared, until they looked like normal Shadow Dragons. They swooped overhead and landed near the goddess. They had arrived in time to hear her question, and the answer. they repeated her question in unison, their voices matching exactly in rumbling pitch and tone.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-13 at 07:53 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The avatar took a step back without thinking. Even Kabos' daemons looked natural compared to this being.

"From beneath? Tell me. Are you a god? If so, what do you command?"

Storm clouds were amassing overhead.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

His head preformed, an odd tiwtch, at the apperance of the two new gods, and he would have been unaware of them, had they not spoken directly to him.

He replied in the same deep rumbling tone, of a thousand screams.
    "I'am Rancax the sleeper beneath, and I have awakened, Lord of madness, and I have slept thus far, and a force had awakened me from my great, and deep slumber, signaling me that it was time."
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-13 at 07:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The avatar looked at Rancax, then turned her attention to the twin dragons.

"Do your fathers know anything about this Rancax? He was asleep, like we were. But he seems somewhat different from us."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-13 at 07:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

Relieved that the goddess had not recognized the, despite their predicament, they answered again in unison No No,, this this is is as as much much a a mystery mystery to to them them as as it it is is to to you you
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-13 at 07:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

What an annoying pair of shadow dragons, she thought.

Turning back to Rancax, she spoke:

"Lord of Madness, do you have anything else to say? Do you know who I am? I am a goddess, one of the most powerful beings in this world. Do you intend to bring destruction and death in your wake?"

Thunder roared right above as the avatar waited for Rancax's answer.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-13 at 08:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Feeling the huge amount of life lost, as well as the power of another god appearing, Hammon sent his avatar to find the newest one of them. Coming upon the scene in time to hear the creature's answer the avatar assumed the shape of one of the giants and stood behind the others, watching the great beast curiously.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

19. - Top - End - #289
    Barbarian in the Playground

Feeling the loss of life like a crushing blow Erothayce went instantly to where he felt the greatest power amassed. "Who has killed so many? And who is this newcomer?"
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Feeling the changes, the rise of two gods, and a large loss of life, Kabos decides to investigate. He sends a Water Deamon to check out the loss of life, to investigate into what caused it. He then takes himself to the first god he felt rise, appearing in a puff of blueish smoke. Welcome to the world, my good god! he calls to Khardas. I am Kabos, god of Evil, Chaos, Violence, and Darkness. Yea, I know, you probably oppose it all. It happens. But hey, at least I have fun. Any idea what all that death was about?

Go Tigers!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Script

"It would be a pleasure, Hammon." Script focuses, and imbues the mithril forms with intelligence, knowledge, and a highly developed sense of order.

"Not only are they now intelligent, but they are wise, and will be sought after by your people for the knowledge they can provide." Script smiles, and inscribes a small set of scales on one of the golems. "Scales, so important to commerce and balance, fitting to represent our unity."

Having finished his work, Script steps back to let Hammon interact with his creations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon smiles broadly."Thank you my friend. I will send 50 of them to guard your halflings until your own dragon hatches. If ever you need my help, you have but to ask."

Turning to his newest creations, Hammon sends the majority to guard the City. He sends 100 to the dwarven capital to help defend it, as well as help them further their knowledge of the world. He then turns back to Script, a concerned look on his face. "Something is happening near the ocean. A new god has appeared. Some of the others are already there, as is one of my avatars. Perhaps you care to come with me?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Script

"Lead the way, brother. I have none of my creations near the water as of yet, but I still felt stirrings of power. Let us go investigate."
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phelunus was caught in the whirlwind of new gods, battle, and death, at azura's side as he watched her avatar speak with the gods.

"Everything... it's all so... chaotic."

"And yet, I am soothed."

If wars were coming, then Phelunus had best be prepared.

he needed creations, since all of the other gods were good at it, lets hope he was just as.
    "If you would excuse me, Azura."

teleporting to his crossroads, he sat down and playfully bent twigs into the shape of a mushroom, as he finished it, he bopped it on the head and watched as it grew arms and legs out of it's stem.
    The large knuckles for its small hands gave it good control for its spindily fingers, the trunklike weight of its legs would keep it balanced even in the worst winds, but these were not travellers. not in the strictest sense, as they would take generations to cross what man did in a lifetime.
    He had yet to name them, but as they were able to reproduce with wind and spores, they did not require the power to maintain that the jesters did.

and off he sent his first, into his tree. where it began caring for the egg that had been so lovingly placed there.

Phelunus would wait, and hopefully, the Gods would come to him.

25. - Top - End - #295

Inside the Coral Citadel the entire Vipaar town was amassed. There were about seven hundred strong, now, and most of the ones created by Khardas were in their later years, including the leader. The people huddled together mostly, in fear of a creature of unimaginable horror. Do not fear, my children, Khardas conforted them, You can stay here until the threat has passed.Then suddenly, another god appeared in his throneroom and introduced himself as a chaotic trickster god. In times like these, sometimes good and evil must work together, but right now I need to face this new, monsterous god. I shall go and see this monster god and right these wrongs. With that, he willed himself to the place where the avatar of Azura was, and eyed the newest god. Who are you, beast from the Depths, And why have you slaughtered the citizens of my domain?
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-13 at 11:42 PM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Rancax's eyes twitched his was intrigued at how many gods were interested inwhat was just a few sea creatures, and he spoke once more.
    "Killed none, I have. Fled they did at the sight of my true form, emerge from great sea at the beach in an attempt to escape the sight of me, but none escape once they have seen, NONE."

He then turned to the sky goddesses avatar, his ski begining to flash between green, and white.
    "Death, I do not deliever, I deliever unto man, what is already there lurking beneath the surface, waiting for just the right moment to emerge."

((He's ISANELY chaotic, and when you mix chaos with madness, yu get a verty odd mix.))

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The avatar relaxed. Maybe this new being wasn't as dangerous as she thought. Only mad. Was there a place for him in this world? Who was she to judge his motives, anyway?

Azura decided to wait for the other gods' reactions.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Rancax's form began swirling again, and this time he became a man in ever shifing armor, although he was still albino, he was quite a bit whiter than before.

"Paranoia, and hate I sense in you all, the seeds of madness, they are. Do not deny it, I feel it in you all, but yet I wonder what brings about these feelings, lack of understanding, or perhaps AN understanding, I wonder which? AHA hHAAHAHAHAHA."
    (He my freinds is crazy._)

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The twin god-dragons snarl, ready to unleash what strength they have upon this mad fool. They had touched madness, they knew the danger that could spring from insanity, they would help kill this abomination if need be. They noticed Azura's avatar relaxing, and they spoke to her in unison. Be Be wary wary mistress mistress,, this this THING THING could could be be more more dangerous dangerous than than you you think think

((OOC: if you think thats confusing to read, imagine how hard it is to write))
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-14 at 12:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Raqncax, turned to the *snicker* Double dragons, and spoke more than just a hint of lunacy in his voice.

"Yes, you are the one it is most strong in, you praticly breath, paranoia, and hatred. I can feel it coming off of you, almost like a sooothing breeze of insanity!"

(I cant wait till cog tries to read this guys mind. :p)