New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: A God Game

1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: A God Game

As Phelunus continued pacing, listening to the musings of the other Gods, he ran into a dark throne he couldn't recognize, and yet... it seemed familiar, silly of him to run into it, though, his feet remembered the chair not being there, but he couldn't remember a time when it wasn't.

Phelunus stood there, looking at the chair, lost in thought, as the other gods fawned over something or other.

after a short time. Phelenus sat in the Throne, as no one else was sitting in it.

It was comfortable.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Cyan appeared floating in space, alone. He focused on the planet below, and a large island rose from the ocean. Forests sprouted throughout the small continent, and a small island floated above it. Cyan caused the island to contain immense supernatural energy within. The floating island, not the continent, was an entry way into a vast area, a small world all by itself. Within the entrance to the Other World Cyan created powerful, winged creatures known as the Mist Men.

Resembling angels, the Mist Men were magical creatures gifted with teleportation. The Mist Men had mild magical powers other than that, including the awesome ability to command a lightning bolt at will. The Mist Men gathered amongst themselves to discuss the construction of a city on Mist Island. Indeed the entrance to the other world was a magical mess. Immense energies could confuse or cause death to intruders.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

A glass of wine appears on the arm of the throne, it is a fine and delicate peace of glasswork, but seems average in all respects. At the foot of the throne, near Phelunus's feet, a snake hisses, and its tail rattles. Its coiled around an egg that is far too large for it, even though the snake seems a tad large. The egg itself seems to radiate shadows, and its shell is black. The snake is black as well, and it curls around the egg lovingly.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: my italics before were intended to be telepathic between me and simmith only.

Cog turns to Aresk "I suspect nothing"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: Armin, don't forget to post your god's description/creations/etc. in the God Status thread)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

I agree that we should all help with this time keeper, but as for the "no messing with mortals" thing, several of us here, myself included, have problems following rules. And I mean, I could very easily be like 'yea, sure I won't do anything' and then go and screw around some more. Kabos points out.

Go Tigers!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cog loses herself for a moment, she can hear a mind crying out to her in the darkness, a tortured soul, she blinks out of the room for a mere moment to visit the poor creature, a drow in the darkness, he longs for a power, she gives it to him. She tears of a piece of herself and stitches it to him, binding brain and soul together in force. She creates the Illithid, and with him psionics. But he is lonely, so she takes another kindred spirit and makes a female as a mate for him, gifting her alike. She blinks back into the council, seemingly gone for just a moment.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The Goddess listens carefully to Kabos.

"Obviously, my dear. It is in your nature. You'll still be able to wreak some havoc yourself, but try to do it via your deamon servants and mortal followers when you can. This way, the common folk will feel that their fate is in their hands."

"I also suggest that we only appear to mortals as avatars. Only the most powerful of our creations, dragons, angels, daemons and the like, as well as souls of the dead who worshipped us in life, will have access to our personal divine domain."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-09 at 11:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk, looked quizclyt at the egg, that the snake was wrapped around, feeling a great power eminating from it, he whispered these words into into Azurs ear/
    "Does that not seem like one of the eggs, you gifted the gods with, who is the creator of this throne, and how did they obtain one of your eggs?"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phelunus looked at the wine glass filling before him.

"Neat trick, I will grant you that." he said, patting the throne as a friend.

Imbibing a small amount of wine, he continued to listen to his siblings, chuckling at the fierce candor that the burlesque god of chaos, Kabos, spouted in the meeting,

then he spoke.

"What are these... avatars you speak of? it is a strange word, one that I like," He picked up the glass and sat on the arm of the throne, looking down to make him jump slightly, asking...

"Am I the only one who sees this?" Pointing towards the snake and the egg.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The Goddess whispered back :

"You are right, its looks like one of them. The eggs were distributed to all deemed worthy. If there were any that got lost, Cog would know."

At the same time, in the wilderness of the northeastern region, a small goblin outpost was in turmoil. Some low grade soldiers were tired of the bullying done by the other, bigger goblinoids. They seeked to be free of their duty towards their god, Kabos. A renegade cleric even joined their ranks. Together, they planned to take the outpost by force and become their own masters. To even the odds, they summoned a powerful wind spirit. The jinn appeared before them, but refused to fight in their name. So, they imprisoned him inside a golden ring, bounding him in servitude for a thousand and one days.

With this powerful being at their side, the goblins took action that very night. They stormed the stronghold and killed the leader, as well as half his guard, his servants and his family. Even when it became clear that victory was assured, they continued their rampage. Their thirst for blood and revenge was overwhelming. Suddenly, the jinn and the ring to which he was bound disappeared. The goblins stopped to look at each other. One of them must have stolen the ring to keep it to himself, they thought. And so, full of anger, they hacked each other into pieces. Everything went black...

When they regained consciousness, the rebellious goblins were alone and weak, surrounded by half-eaten bodies. Well, they thought they were alone. They soon noticed a tall woman bearing six feathered wings on her back, standing before them.

"Tonight, you made a mistake. You were blinded by hubris. You commited a sacrilege by binding one of the free spirits of the wind. But your ambition kept you alive. Those bodies there weren't eaten by wolves. You did it, in order to survive. You had to change to have another shot at life...You need a new name. From now on, you will be called Barghests."

The woman then faded away. Thus was born the barghest race. Once goblins, they were now cruel shapeshifters with lupine features, feeding of other humanoids' flesh and essence to become stronger and deadlier. Having lost its clerical powers, one of them even developped a new tradition. His followers would be known as witches and warlocks, practionners of foul blood magic and necromancy.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-09 at 05:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I believe we should decipher what that throne that is exuding evil energy is. I am willing to put some of my power into this Chronos.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

"Sorry, Erothayce, but I don't see what you mean. If this is about the snake and the egg, just leave it be. Some things are better left unexplained."

Azura paused as she watched the glass of wine in Phelenus' hand grow wings and fly towards her. She gently caught it and took a sip.

"Delicious."

The Goddess then released the glass, which continued to flap its wings, hovering a few feet above ground.

"What were we saying? Ah yes, the avatars...well, let's just say you'll have to experience it to truly understand what it means. By giving up a piece of yourself, you'll be able to create a sort of copy. While much stronger than a mere mortal, this avatar will only have a fraction of your abilities. It is an extension of your body and mind. When you wish the avatar to disappear, you'll be whole again."

Satisfied, Azura observed everyone's expression.

"Now, are there other topics you want to address? If not, we should definitely work on this temporal guardian."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The wineglass never seems to run out of wine, or any other liquid you wish to be inside. In a few moments, the wings fall off, and the glass falls. However, rather than break like one would expect, it merely hits the ground and stays there, before reappearing on the arm of the chair.

The snake pulls the egg toward the center of the room, and uncoils. The egg itself begins to crack, and before long a head pops out, but it seems far too small, the size of a snake. It is joined by dozens of snakes. They are all of the same kind as the snake in the center. As you watch, the snake, which has grown larger since you last checked, seems to be struggling out of its skin. It squirms and writhes, and you can see some bumps pushing out from its skin. Its finally able to shuck off the skin, and you begin to see the truth of what it is. It now has stubby little legs, and a pair of stumps grow where the wings of a dragon would. Its rattle is gone, and its head is shaped differently, and its mouth is full of teeth. The other "snakes" writhe around it, as it pulls the egg-shell back to the throne, and coils around it again. The "snakes" writhe around it.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

Azura watched calmly as the scene unfolded.

"Well, that's semi-unexpected."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon looks at Kabos, a sad smile on his lips. "If you step out of line, then others will be there to oppose you. As it should be. And I agree with Azura: no direct interference from us. Any of us." He glances at Algul before turning to watch the events surrounding the throne, the wineglass, and finally the egg curiously.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cog walks all around the throne, lifting it up to see the bottom, inspecting every aspect. "...ingenius" she turns to Azura "I did 'lose' one of the eggs, but at the time it felt right, like it was supposed to be lost, you did after all give me one extra"

Cog then looks over at Script, "I have something special for you that my Forglings have been working on, we call in Mathematics, it will allow you to control the economy, farm more effectively and even plan wars, we give it to you, share it with whom you deem fit."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

True. I suppose having the rest of you against me would, in fact, be a reason not to act against the mortals directly. Kabos replies, thinking to himself Or, in otherwords, its means I gotta be sneaky. But thats cool, I can do sneaky. As he leans back, he jumps forward slightly, before pulling out his egg, which has a large crack in it. As the crack widens, a small crystal dragon pops out. [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Aww, Isn't that cute,/COLOR] Kabos begins, reaching down to pet it. Its like a mini lizard! As his hand gets near though, He cries out, grasping his head. He falls from his chair, righting himself as he hits the floor. Wow, powerful littly bugger aren't you?

As this is going on, He also feels the construction of the barghasts and illithid. Please, excuse me for one momento, I'm going to take this guy home. Kabos poofs out of existence, appearing at his stronghold, where he releases the dragon. He then concentrates, willing a piece of himself to break off. An avatar appears in front of him. SWEET. Look, I need you to go to the barghasts and illithids. Explain to them the power of Kabos, and make sure they become followers. We can use people like them. take the dragon if you need to. But be careful. He has powers. With that, He poofs back, confident in his avatar's abilities.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground

Feeling a disturbance at his bastion in the sky Erothayce excuses himself"Excuse me i must take my leave for a bit. Summon me when it is time for the creation of the guardian." Erothayce disappears instantaneously ending up in his Bastion. Going to where he stored his egg he sees it begin to crack. A small silver furry scaled head emerges followed by the silver body. "So that is what you are! Come my young friend and I will teach you of the world."
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk shddered for a second, he had just recived a telepathic message (Cog) stating that the eggshell had begun to crack, slowly but surely it was hatching, and a great light was coming out of the cracks, the only creatures now who could even ENTER the room without being blinded, were the illumins, and Aresk himself. Meanwhile outside the fortress, anyone who cared to look wold notice that the enitre bastion was glowing brighter than usual, and that an unusual number of devas, and Phelcors were standing gaurd, around it, was a visible ring of winged beings around the compound, standing gaurd obviously over someone, or something.
    Aresk zoned out for a second, mentally commanding his avatar to do the following things.
    • Create. the Miaismir, the horses of legend, they will be stronger, better, harder, and faster than any horse ever created, they shall have skin as strong as the toughest iron, and have hearts more vailiant than any warrior, they shalll be te steeds of the eldtritch cavaliers.

• Personaly attend the hatching of the egg, and begin construction of a private chamber large enough for whatever noble beast emerges.

• Inform the illumins of the Fire elementals, we must have a way to counter act them if worst comes to worst.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Just as he notices the other are all becoming distracted, Hammon senses something occurring in his own realm. He quickly sends an avatar to discover the problem. Back in his fortress, his own egg begins hatching.
    A craggy little head appears first. As Hammon smiles at it, it cries out, sending out a sonic blast that shakes the room. Chuckling to himself, the avatar brings the little fella something to eat and begins looking after it.
    Back at the council, Hammon senses all the new races being created. Worried that he'd have no races with which to affect the surface, he directs his avatar to create another race in his image. A gigantic race, similar to dwarves and humans, he sets them to live in the hills and mountains above his dwarves. Due to their size, he calls them giants.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Script

"Thank you for your generous gift, Cog." Script replies, smiling broadly. "I'm sure we will be able to use this to discover many new things in the future."

Cog flashes back to Goldfleck mountains, commanding his Halfling's to send emissaries to the Humans and the Dwarves. He checks his egg, briefly disappointed that it is yet to hatch. Script then returns to the Council.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

Azura felt the disturbance in the world. Things were evolving fast: new races were born, dragons hatched, new divine powers were claimed...

Then, suddenly, with a terrible roar and deafening thunder, the heavens tore up and a winged creature the size of a hippopotamus came down towards the Birthplace. After flying around the structure for a while, it landed where every god could see it. Its body was serpentine. Its scales, covered with flowing stripes, were of a dark brown coloration. Its wings gleamed with the colors of the rainbow. Each one of its limbs ended in four claws and its huge mouth was full of razor-sharp claws. Finally, its tail was strong and muscular.

Azura left her seat to welcome the majestic creature.

"What you see before you is my creation, the Chaos Dragon. I named this one, the first of its kind, Typhoon. You have grown quite a bit, my child!"

Typhoon turned its head toward the sky and, full of pride, breathed a line of flames. Azura patted the dragon and returned to her seat.

"Oh, Hammon... I see that you just created a race of great size. You call them giants? Interesting. I must admit, this was unexpected. I have also designed a race of followers to inhabit the hills and mountains. I think they're ready to come out of hibernation now."

Far away from the Birthplace, in a cold and mountainous region in the Northwest, howling winds swept through the snow covered land. The winds carried a message.
    Awaken.
    Awaken.
    Awaken!

And soon, some of the ice melted to reveal hidden caverns. From those caverns, a race of tall humanoids emerged to find themselves engulfed in moonlight. The creatures, while not as impressive as giants, were still two times as large as humans. They weren't really considered attractive by other humanoids' standards. At best, they were plain. Their skin was rugged, almost stone-like. Atop broad shoulders sat a large head, bearing small black eyes and an enormous nose. The creatures, being excellent hunters, favored fine leather clothing and furs. They were ambitious and competitive in nature, skilled in potionbrewing as well as in the crafting of charms (magical rabbit's feet, horseshoes, etc.). They had spiritual guides in the form of ancestor spirits, those who decided to leave the Underworld temporarily to aid their kin.

When the morning came, the creatures soon retreated to their homes, as sunlight was a deady threat to their race. If any one of them was caught in it, he would be turned to stone. They were born in a harsh environment, for Azura believed it would make them stronger. She gifted them with luck to make up for it.

The Sky Goddess had good faith in her chosen people. She called them Fensirs...the trolls.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-10 at 11:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Mist people began working on their city. Already the city of Mist was a very large city. Several thousand Mist people congregated on the continent below, making the land their land. A city was built, called Amberstone. Seven thousand Mist people made the city their home. Already, Cyan governed in Mist city, and began to make edicts. Magi-tech had begun to be made.

In Amberstone, they had discovered steam power. The steam power allowed for easier living, and at the same time, they began construction of the automatic crossbows. Mist people tamed the wild wyverns, and made cavalry from them. Public baths, and a palace was built in the city that the entire city worked on for over ten years. The great palace was called the Fane.

Fane was built by the superhuman Mist people, and help from the city in the sky. Over 300,000 Mist Ones worked laboriously to build the great Fane. The great Palace was over two miles long and a mile wide. The material used was of mystic metal.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk looked up into the sky, and noticed somethign that was defintely NOT there before, it wa rather LARGE, and islan shaped, he approached Allara, and at first was gonna question her about the dragons when hee saw the figures made of mist descend from the clouds, and begin working on a MASSSIVE city, his jaw dropped for a second, considering al the forest they would HAVE to level to do such, and annoucned his discovey to the group.
    "Am I the only one who just saw a ass ton of creatures come down, and start leveling the forest for no apperent reason?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

Over time, as the squirming serpentine hatchlings slowly matured, shedding skin after skin every time they developed, a difference began to form in their development. Some of the young dragons, who's black scales seemed to shroud themselves in shadow of their own accord, stayed long, thin, and lithe as the serpents they started out as, but some grew large and powerful, where the first had the advantage of agility, these were far stronger. Their bodies were bulky and large, their wings also had to grow to accomadate their extra size. To some they may have seemed fat, but the bulk beneath their scales was muscle, and they used it to great advantage. The heads of the first group retained their serpentine features, shifting toward draconic features, while the seconds heads started to look more like crocodiles heads, though still obviously draconic, the iconic "crocodiles smile" became a commonplace sign of their mischief.

Other than this, they shared mostly common features. They all had ears which grew long and high, like horns, and indeed hardened and sharpened as they matured. Shadows clung and swirled around their forms, obscuring them from view even in the best of times. Their eyes glowed many different colors, though yellow and white were common. Besides their ear-horns, they all had large horns which jutted from their heads behind their ears, and swept backward. In longer snakelike dragons, these horns curled forward again like those of a rams, though they did not curl around like a rams, and the second groups were more like a goats, curling back but not forward.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-10 at 10:23 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The Winged Lady listened to Aresk, then turned to all the other gods with a look of disbelief.

"They have built a stronghold in the sky. I didn't even notice it before! And now they are populating an island below. Which god is leading them?"

(OOC: Magi-tech? Steam power? Are your sure? It seems a little soon for that.)
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-10 at 10:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(Read about steam power in the 1700's. It wasn't very important. And magi-tech is primitive right now.)
    Cyan met with the assembled gods. "We aren't leveling the forest. I made the island below for us, and I made the island above for an entrance into a place I am making right now.'
    'I am Cyan, the god of love and spirit. I hope to befriend all of you.'

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk in all his shining glory was the first to step forward, and offer a hand of freindship to the peace loving god, and spoke in a deep, clear voice.
    "well, I have never met, or heard of you, but I'm no god of infinte wisdom, so I guess its not that unlikely. Anyway My name is Aresk Moonfell, I'am the god of light, purity, and battle, I also hope for good relations bewteen the gods as well."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Light and purity? I see. Those are very powerful things to have sovereignty over. Would you happen to have made the sun, then?'