Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: A God Game

1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: A God Game

Azura

Azura studied this new character.

"Looks like you made yourself a nice little utopia there. I'm Azura, the Sky Goddess, Mother of Dragons. Pleased to meet you."

She bowed to Cyan, and added :

"As a fellow god, you need to know of our rules. We are helding a council on this matter right now. You must know that no god is to intervene directly in the lives of mortals. (She looked at Kabos, amused.) Also, we decided to give life to an immortal guardian, a keeper of time. To this effect, we must all give up a fragment of our divine spark."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-10 at 11:01 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Light and purity? I see. Those are very powerful things to have sovereignty over. Would you happen to have made the sun, then?'
    Aresk smiled warmly, this god reminded him of one of his Illumins the first one he had dubbed Joram, always so many questions.(he gets lost in te memories of his creations which he actively calls his "children")
    "I did in fact create the sun, it was my first creation, and truely my greatest work."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The god of love, she thought. He seems to soft. I hope his people will be prepared when the time comes to face the outside world.

The goddess walked to the Bull God, whispering in his ear.

"By the way, Kabos, I have a proposition for you. It has to do with my children, the fensirs. Let's discuss this matter when everything is finished here."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Azura

Azura studied this new character.

"Looks like you made yourself a nice little utopia there. I'm Azura, the Sky Goddess, Mother of Dragons. Pleased to meet you."

She bowed to Cyan, and added :

"As a fellow god, you need to know of our rules. We are helding a council on this matter right now. You must know that no god is to intervene directly in the lives of mortals. (She looked at Kabos, amused.) Also, we decided to give life to an immortal guardian, a keeper of time. To this effect, we must all give up a fragment of our divine spark."
    "Surely, you jest. the Mist people don't die of old age. As to the Keeper of Time, I am afraid I can't do such a thing. I would have an unfair advantage of the other gods, because the spirit world does not obey the laws of time.'

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

"We also have immortal servants. However, you must understand this : the fate of the world will be in mortal hands. Concerning the spirit world...I don't know anything about that place. I suppose it is your divine domain? Even if the laws of time are different in our own domains, they will be constant in the material world. You wouldn't want a god to try and mess with the Creation or the aftermath of the Final Battle, would you?"

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phelunus watched as more and more creations poured out of the imaginations of the Gods.

His world was getting crowded. He was going to need more roads.

"If you will excuse me, I've work to do."

He said, walking, this time, out of the birthplace.

"Someone's got to keep this world spinning while you continue to mass produce these... things. as to the temporal guardian, count me out."

and so he left, creating the ideas for men to build roads.

And he walked them, looking like a beggar, waiting...

for something.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Yeah. About that, lets not have a Final Battle. First of all, I'm god of love, spirit and planning. A Final Battle gets in the way of my plans, is against my nature to take part of, will flood the Spirit World, and it is against my nature to do battle with another god under many circumstances."

"I, Cyan, will leave the world, and go to Mist if the gods start to battle eachother.'

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

A dragon, obviously the first and oldest of the Shadow Dragons, it was of the serpentine kind, its long curling horns on either side of its head and serpentine grace betraying its breed. Then, it did something strange, it began to change. Its form shrank, twisted, and altered, until a tall, lithe female with grayish skin stood in the circle of thrones.

Though capable of looking as any other human, she kept some of her draconic features, like her long curling horns, her tipped hornlike ears, her dark shadowy skin, and her yellow serpents eyes, cold and cruel, which glowed in the darkness. She smiled faintly and sat upon the now-empty stone throne and spoke. "I speak for my fathers" she said simply, and waited for a response.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-10 at 11:53 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

Azura addressed Phelenus just before he left.

"You are right my friend, it is time to return to our duties. As I speak these words, I create roads in the sky for you to order and preserve. They are called Rainbow bridges, linking this world to the other planes. Only magical creatures will be able to cross them. I suggest you post some of your white jesters at the point where they touch the earth."

The Sky Goddess conjured a pouch filled with magical dust and gave it to Phelenus.

"Here is another gift. As you know, the world is still. Some lands are always burning under a hot sun, while others are covered by snow all year. I wish things to change. Travel the world like you always do, spreading this dust. Speak to the trees and inform the animals. Announce the coming of spring and autumn."

(OOC: Armin, I'm not sure if you check the other thread, so I repost it here. Your spirit world...is it linked to the Underworld? Is it like the ethereal plane? Like Faerie?)
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-10 at 11:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Thank you"

the only word he said to her could be heard throughout the trees and was said as the leaves began to change color,

the Jesters found the rainbow roads to their liking, and the seasons locked in place, as Phelenus kept walking.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

Surprised, Azura slowly turned to the newborn dragon. Polymorphing? What a great idea...

"You do? Interesting. I suppose your fathers have been watching for some time. What do they have to say of all this?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

"do not listen to the creation of a god, that attempts to alter out minds! It is a creature of trickery, and decpetion, even entertaing negotiating with this creature is foolishnes, if the god refuses to converse with us in person why should we talk to him?"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

"Oh, Aresk. I pity you, stuck in this strict mindset of yours. I find this charade quite...entertaining."

At that moment, the chaos dragon named Typhoon changed into the form of a tall and muscular human male. He had skin the color of bronze and braided hair. He walked inside to stand next to his mistress.

"My children learn rapidly. So, shadow dragon...what can you tell us?"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-10 at 12:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The She-Dragon takes the time to sneer at Aresk before speaking. Well, Lightling, I thought one of the points of this meeting was to for gods use Avatars and representatives to go about their business she bats her eyes, an attractive but weirdly strange thing to do for someone with such eyes. She turned back to Azura. My fathers approve of this immortal time guardian, but is saddened by your decision to keep gods out of mortal affairs, it would eliminate their favorite pastime. She smiles bemusedly.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-10 at 01:02 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

15. - Top - End - #195
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Come my child you must meet the others like myself. After saying this Erothayce teleported back to the birthplace. "I would like you all to meet my new creation. It is called a Silver protector and will help enforce law and order in this world while also combating evil. Oh, and nice to make your acquaintance Cyan.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammons smiles at Azura. "There is plenty of room for both. Besides, yours seem more populous, but also more...limited than my giants. I pray they will learn to coexist." He next studies the new Mist people and their god. Nodding politely, he introduces himself, "Greetings, I am Hammon, god of life, death, and the earth. It is a pleasure. I would be interested in discussing this spirit world of yours. It sounds similar to my own Underworld."

Turning to the dragon sitting on the throne, he nods in greeting to her as well. "I thank your fathers for agreeing to help with the guardian. And we must let the mortals live their own lives. But no one said your fathers couldn't walk among them in the form of an avatar. Just no direct, divine interference. Would that be acceptable?"

He sighs as the others announce their refusal to help in the creation of Chronus. He turns and addresses Cog. "I fear we cannot create our Chronus without the help of ALL the others. We dare not weaken ourselves while others do not."
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-08-10 at 03:58 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

"I agree with Hammon. We can't follow with Cog's plan without every god's consent. Unless someone has another idea?"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-10 at 04:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I can think of nothing other than the full agreement of all the gods. I am in full support for this guardian."
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Hammons smiles at Azura. "There is plenty of room for both. Besides, yours seem more populous, but also more...limited than my giants. I pray they will learn to coexist." He next studies the new Mist people and their god. Nodding politely, he introduces himself, "Greetings, I am Hammon, god of life, death, and the earth. It is a pleasure. I would be interested in discussing this spirit world of yours. It sounds similar to my own Underworld."

Turning to the dragon sitting on the throne, he nods in greeting to her as well. "I thank your fathers for agreeing to help with the guardian. And we must let the mortals live their own lives. But no one said your fathers couldn't walk among them in the form of an avatar. Just no direct, divine interference. Would that be acceptable?"

He sighs as the others announce their refusal to help in the creation of Chronus. He turns and addresses Cog. "I fear we cannot create our Chronus without the help of ALL the others. We dare not weaken ourselves while others do not."
    "I suppose if I must I will. However, I am adamant in my opposition to this, let it be always remembered that I oppose this, unless it is used to prevent the final battle.'

"In a moment, when the time, I will discuss the Spirit World.'

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

"My thanks Cyan. Chronus will be a neutral entity, favoring none of us, treating us all equally. His sole purpose will be to protect time and keep any of attempting to give themselves any advantage over the others, and thus at least delaying any sort of god war."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk thou8ght for a second, now he REALLY thought, plans outside of battle weren't exactly his cup of tea, but he thought he had a pretty good idea.
    "I suggest that each god creates his own being to gaurd the keep, while it would not invovle putting all of our eggs in one basket, it would allow each god to defend the castle in the way he, or she thinks best. I myself believe the castle is best defended through force of arms, and a test of heart, so I shall create the monolith, a towering contruct forged of light, and the spirt of justice, to ensure the castle remains safe from other gaurds."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

"It seems we have everyone's agreement...except Phelenus. Do not worry, I think I can convince him."

Azura then turned to Aresk.

"I'm not sure why you're bringing this subject, O Holy Aresk. However, I already conceived something for the defense of the castle : an eternal living storm. Feel free to send your monoliths, though."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I'll send a giant butterfly, Himoko, to prevent infighting."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

"I will you warn you though Aresk: I have laid a curse on the castle. No mortal being may enter and live. And I take it, with the creation of your monoliths, that you do not wish to have your city at the base of the mountain?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

(( You suggested that dude, I wa making monoliths as a comrpomise, i wou;ld much rather have that.))
    <.< >.> Of course I knew that
    I was merely contributing, to the group, with a creations similar to what the temporal gaurdian was. (not quite as powerful though.) and, yes i do want the fortress near the base of a mountain, magic can be broken no matter how powerful, the will of a warrior is unflinching."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: Yeah, but we were talking about a guardian of Time, not a guardian of the castle...)

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very well. Then the edict still stands: none but us may actually enter the castle, but feel free to post guardians outside it. And I will assist you in the construction of a city at the base of this mountain, where ALL are welcome."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The Sky Goddess looked at the assembled gods with a bored expression on her face.

"This meeting is a frank success. The gods have demonstrated the ability to discuss things in a civil manner. But I'm getting restless sitting here."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon nods. "Very well then. When you have convinced our friend Phelunus to assist in the creation of Chronus, send us a summons and we shall all meet back here. Agreed?" He looks around at the others expectingly.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Azura, about my spirit world. It is a land untouched by time. As it approaches the world, things become strange and out of balance in countless harmless ways. The Spirit World is a land of ideas, where things suddenly come to life which on this world should not be. To an evil one, they will meet a terrible doom. For a loving, and good person, they experience extreme bliss. The Spirit World is a land of eternal irrational balance."

"The Spirit World has extreme power tappable into it through mystic laws that defy arcane magical and even cosmic energy. It is a place where dreams not only come true, but fulfill the dreamer even when they don't come true. Those with the highest imaginations are the strongest people in the Spirit World.'