New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Of Light, Life and Liches

As you step out of the temple and look back towards the capital city. Hope flows through your body as the dawn breaks and almost acts like a beacon of light above the town. Your path is clear. The undead will give no quarter, not all of you will be coming back. Only one has to die for this nightmare to end, and you will bring death eternal to him.

Durk
    Hamlet
    Population 200 normally / around 8000 at the moment if you include refugees.
    Stores - nothing either intact or open at the moment

Joining you is Nathanial Paul Charn, local Blacksmith armed with a Scythe and Hammer.

ooc

Rolls will be done on this thread, spoiler them please.
    Last edited by borninbones; 2008-08-07 at 03:34 PM.
    Characters: Pakar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Of Light, Life and Liches

Adun Ulhar, Benevolence Incarnate

The very air is tense with the daunting task that has been set before them, but perhaps the strange light filling the temple is a sign of hope. The sense of a great weight but also a powerful responsibility that hands in the very air. Among the many beacons of light and hope that have determined to retake the city one seems to exude The Light and sheer benevolence unlike any other. He is dressed in loose baggy clothing that obscures the fact that he is wearing a very fine suit of armor under his clothing. Upon the boy's head, for he seems to be no older than seventeen, he wears a turban shot through with blue silks.

However, though he carries himself as a warrior and bears weapons of war and strange arcane artifacts it is something else that sets him apart. When he steps into the sun outside the temple, at first it seems as though his turban is emitting the powerful light around him to contrast even that of the morning sun itself. Closer inspection reveals a blue-white ring of pure energy has formed itself around his head and is producing a powerful and steady light all around him that seems to highly define anything caught within. At his neck he wears a blue steel torc with two draconic heads meeting at the front, the whole seeming almost ethereal. At his shoulders a faintly glowing pearly white set of pauldrons extend to protect him from harm, the edges lined with archaic markings in a midnight blue.

About his chest a faint webbing of azure light seems to cling to his clothing and looks as though portions of it sink into his body. At his waist a grand metallic belt sits in hues of silvery blue with links of azure chain binding each metallic plate to the next. Last but certainly not least is the strange cerulean bracers he wears that seem to blend into an azure sheened silver that sends links of chain and steel out over his fine gloves. A near tangible aura of force seems to pulse around his body as he tightens his grip and sparks of blue-white electricity dance along his knuckles.

This man was Adun Ulhar, The Greater Good made manifest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Essentia:17 (-6 for Feats) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
    Soulmelds:
    [5] Armguards of Disruption: Disrupt Undead. Touch attack to deal 1d6+Ed6 damage. [Incarnum Focus grants +1 capacity]
    [Bound]: Insight to AC and Saves equal to E against Undead
    [3] Diadem of Purelight: 20+10Eft radius bright illumination, shadowy double. +2 to Spot within any light. Counted as spell level of E for purposes of interacting with magical Darkness.
    [Bound]: Negate less than Total Concealment in Bright illumination. Includes spells. Excludes Invisibility.
    [0] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6+Ed6 acid damage at 30ft ranged touch.
    [3] Pauldrons of Health: Immune to Disease, Sickened, Nauseated. +E enhancement to Fort saves.
    [Bound]: Immunity to Energy Drain
    [0] StrongHeart Vest: Reduce Ability Damage by 1+E
    [0] Vitality Belt: +4 Morale on Con checks and Con based skill checks, but not Fortitude Saves. Gain one hit point per meldshaper level for each Essentia invested. (+10E HP) These are not temporary. Removing these Hit Points can stagger, render unconscious, or even kill Adun.

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
    [0] Cerulean Will: Insight to Will equal to E
    [2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift
    [2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC
    [2] Sapphire Sprint: Add 5Eft to speed. Retain Dex to AC while running. Add E insight to AC when leaving a threatened square.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-08-08 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Incarnum Spoiler edits
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Matthias Raker, "Mad Matthias"

The antithesis of the shining figure standing in the open, a rather disheveled figure leans against the temple wall near the door, nearly blending in. His wide-brimmed hat obscures his face as he discreetly and quietly checks his weapons one final time. He seems to be partially in shadow and muffled even in the direct sunlight streaming into the temple, and many of the townsfolk shy away from him. Even if they knew the truth - that his armor, hidden beneath cloak, clothing, and longcoat, was responsible for the effect - they would still stay away. The man frowns with the realization that if he dies on this trip it is likely that no one will miss him, but that was the cost of a choice that he made long ago.

Having finished checking his equipment and ammunition, he looks down at his companion, a black and gray wolf, who is pawing at the ground irritably. The wolf prefers to hunt at night, but then, the man prefers to stay retired, so today is not their day.

The man looks up and out at the dawn, with the sun not yet painful to look at. He bows his head again in prayer to Pelor before he begins seeking out the others who would attack the lich...

Spoiler
    Show
    Character Sheet

Description Again:

A rather large and frightening figure, Matthias Raker looks almost as if he's going to war. A very heavy, intricately carved and decorated wood-axe hangs from a loop at his belt, and he carries a large and complicated looking crossbow. He is dressed in utility-minded travelling clothes, and seems to have put some of them, as well as a dark brown cloak and longcoat, on over a pitch-black armor chestplate of some sort. A whistle and a small holy symbol of Ehlonna hang from his neck, glinting dangerously in the moonlight at night. A number of vials, as well as a crowbar, grappling hook, and rope, hang from the belt strapped over his coat and under his cloak at the waist, and he carries a large backpack and bolt case over that. He never puts the hood of his cloak up, instead favoring a much-worn wide brimmed hat. His overall appearance could best be described as "grungy," and though he doesn't smell, it appears as though it has been some time since he last shaved. He eyes passerby with a look somewhere between suspicion and open hostility. An air of quiet and darkness seems to hang about him, which is actually an artifact of his armor, but doesn't help at all with making a first impression.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Egan Radley

Radley holds up one hand to block to morning sun from his face. He surveys the dusty streets, and the numerous people lying sleeping on the open ground. Flies buzz around many of them, and he wonders if any are dead. If so at least they're staying down.

Picking his way between several disheveled children, he finishes a mug of tea as he approaches the steps of the temple. He lets the empty mug fall to the ground, where the children fight over it, he turns to the bugbear next to him.

"How much you wanna bet it's the guy with the blue halo?" He flashed a broad grin before turning back to the steps. Sun's not up and already he seems uncomfortably sweaty.

"You, sir! I hear there are a few souls going back to the capitol. You're one of them?"

Spoiler
    Show

Character sheet

White skin, really short sandy hair, green eyes, a little overweight, fine silks, 22 charisma.
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2008-08-07 at 11:56 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Adun

At first it is as though the man had not heard someone call out to him, his mouth swishing around a gob of spit before spitting it to the side as though he had a bitter taste left in his mouth. Indeed, the spit would boil and steam for a moment on the ground before fading away entirely. Adun turned two brilliant azure eyes towards the man who had called out and his larger companion. It was not merely that he had blue eyes, but even the whites of his his eyes were tinted a faint blue, which only seemed to grow as the light around him pulsed every so slightly. He gave the speaker a brief bow of his head before speaking, "I am one soul of many, yes. I carry with me many valiant souls who have fallen in the defense of the capitol and though I am not of these lands, their spirits embolden me." Now, it was fairly hard to tell where the symbolism ended and raw fact began. He was certainly not an evil man, and in fact he would register as overwhelmingly pure of heart if anyone had the magic to detect such a thing, but his talk of souls went slightly beyond merely remembering the dead.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Green Man

"How much you wanna bet it's the guy with the blue halo?"

"It'd be bad form if I started owing you money. Let's just say it's the man with the turban and work from there." The Green Man follows a step and a half behind Egan Radley as the two approach the temple. Every so often he flicks a glance to either side. Although he's reasonably sure that there's nothing dangerous in this refugee town, Egan is worth too much money for him to casually drop his guard. "What do you reckon he is, anyways? Some sort of pala-whoah."

Something about Adun's voice just makes him uncomfortable. Bugbears hear in a slightly different spectrum than humans, and The Green Man swears that--for a moment--he can hear a disquieting murmur lingering after each word. It sounds like a chorus of distant voices. Then, of course, the content of Adun's words register.

He's a plural person? Ugh. I guess the parade of crazies can begin now. I don't imagine there are many sane folks who'd want to go back into Calamdan. Not without a healthy auric incentive...oh, crap. Can turban-man hear my thoughts?

The Green Man studies him intently for a moment, ears unconsciously pricking up as he does so.

Maybe not. Guess I'm safe.

Aloud, he says "I guess we're going to be traveling together for a bit." He sticks out a paw. "You can call me The Green Man, if you'd like. My other name's a bit harder to pronounce. Plus, you have to beat on your chest while you say it, and that looks silly when it's not a bugbear doing it."

A few minutes later, The Green Man's nose wrinkles and he sniffs loudly at the air. "Wolf? What on earth?" It takes him a while before he notices the one standing by the temple. Even longer before the man standing beside it snaps into focus.

That's incredible. He's standing with a wolf in broad daylight, and I almost didn't notice him. He's got a crossbow, too, so maybe he'll be tagging along with us. I certainly hope so. He looks like he's got a few stories to tell...

The Green Man's train of thought sharply derails as the man suddenly bows to nobody.

Or maybe he's crazy as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Description: A tall and imposing bugbear, although he tries to cover this with a slouch. He also walks with a bit of a shuffle, dragging his feet like he's got nowhere important to go. From the two handaxes handing from leather straps at his sides, he's probably a competent fighter. Or lumberjack. A chainmail shirt stuck through with matted bits of chest fur suggests the former.
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-08-08 at 11:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Absalom, the Stormcaller

Absalom had finally been able to get some sleep. At first, he wanted to question anyone and everyone on the situation of the refugees. Apart from his duty to the weak and the sick, he was to gather brave souls willing to bring the fight to the treacherous lich. However, he soon found out that he was in no shape to do this. Finding a clean spot near the overcrowded temple, Absalom finally gave in to sleep.

The following morning, as the sun was still low on the horizon, the mage was already up patrolling the streets. Absalom easily drew attention to himself, since his rune-covered breastplate and golden helm were not typical soldier attire. He tried his best to inspire them hope and courage, aware at the same time that the situation had deteriotated even more. If things were different, he might have used his magic to entertain the children, but remembering that a spellcaster was responsible for all this misery, he prefered not to reveal himself as such.

Following a street back to the temple, he walked on a conversation involving what looked like a holy man, a merchant and his bugbear bodyguard. The mage approached rapidly and introduced himself, having no qualms about interrupting them.

"I salute you, dear sirs. I am Absalom Stormcaller, wandering dispenser of justice. Boccob instructs me, Pelor guides my steps and Kord exalts me on the battlefield. I do hope that fate has brought us all here so we can take back the kingdom."

Spoiler
    Show
    Description : At first sight, it's easy to mistake Absalom for a seasoned knight. His face is handsome, even if it looks prematurely aged. His hair, as black as a raven's mane, hides two gray streaks. This man of average build is in extremely good pysical shape, comparable to an athlete. He also displays a sturdy dark cloak that radiates a dim light; right now it's silverly blue. Absalom carries his magical quarterstaff, named the Staff of the Eye, a long and tortuous piece of reddish wood. One end of the staff depicts a hawk holding an eyeball in its talons.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-08 at 07:16 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Radley

Radley turns as the soldier with the gold helmet speaks. He gives him a big, hearty smile and reaches out to shake his hand.

"Salute accepted," he says. "I'm Egan Radley, friends call me Radley. I'm an atheist and I don't think fate's brought us together at all. But if your belief in your gods gives you strength I won't begrudge you."

He gives a wink to show that he is (partly?) kidding and lets go of the man's hand. Stepping back, he surveys the little group. "So I hear the royals aren't doing so well in there. S'pose it's up to a private venture to set things right, usually is. Can't trust government past the end of your - well, you know." He lets out a hearty laugh.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Matthias

Matthias had noticed the shining man in the turban. He had also noticed when the merchant and his bodyguard moved over to chat, but it was when the knight also went to join the conversation that he realized that the group he was watching was the one returning to Calamar. Hoo boy...

Matthias grins a little as he looks at Forge. When he speaks, the quiet words sound harsh and strained. "Looks like we found the rest of the crazies, eh boy? "*Come*" - the last word is spoken in a different tone, and undoubtedly a command.

Matthias moves over to join the conversation, with Forge following at his heel and occasionally snarling at small children who want to pet him. Being excessively awkward in situations like this one, he fails to actually join the conversation without further prompting.
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2008-08-08 at 09:17 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Radley

When the man and the wolf approach, Egan takes another step back to make space for them in the little meeting. "Another one ready for action, is it?" He waves the newcomer over. "I'm Radley, this is Green, and this over here is the Stormcaller..." He turns back to Turban Light and raises an eyebrow inquisitively. "And what do we call you?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Amos, for his part, was inside the temple, singing a morning hymn to the gods, as he was sometimes wont to do. His voice was a clear baritone, yet somehow it delivered the grace of the Elvish words in praise to Corellon without harming their innate beauty. He sang in Dwarven to Moradin, Gnomish to Garl Glittergold, Sylvan to Obad-Hai and Elhonna. Finally, he sang in Common, his voice swelling in strength and emotion as he finished his hymn, singing to Pelor, Kord, and Heironeous... and when he finally fell silent, the bard whispered a short, simple prayer to Fharlaghn, the god whom he felt he was most indebted to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perform check: (1d20+22)[24]

As he whispered his prayer, he turned and walked to the doors, where he was stunned to find a gathering group of adventurers like himself. He listened to what was being discussed briefly, unobtrusively, then spoke.

"I will go with you, if you will have one more able sword."
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Harin

Having completed his morning prayers to Kord, Harin set to leave the temple. On his way he heard a loud song to the God's coming from one of the chambers. He stopped to listen to the prayer as it gave him hope for his journey.

He headed for the exit where he had heard a group headed for the fallen city was gathering. He left just behind another man and sure enough a group had amassed at the foot of the steps. As he left the building he briefly stretched out his wings to their full span, just to loosen the muscles up.

As he reached the bottom of the steps the man in front of him introduced himself to the group with the words "I will go with you, if you will have one more able sword."

Before they answered Harin spoke as well "If you head for Calamdan, make it two" his hand on his sword as his shield floated at his side.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

The Green Man

The Green Man shifts his weight from one leg to the other, idling as Absalom introduces himself. When the mage mentions Pelor, he winces slightly. Well, that explains both the armor and his 'hark, verily' accent. Might still be a decent guy...

"I'm an atheist and I don't think fate's brought us together at all."

Surprise and approval flash briefly across the bugbear's features. That's awfully reasonable of him. 'course, atheist is going a little far. There might not be any gods up there, but there's a few down here. The Green Man doesn't exactly pray, but he does pat the collar of his chain shirt reassuringly.

"Funny thing, fate. It's always there after the fact." After a moment he tones down his remark with a "that's not to say it doesn't exist, though. You seem like the heroic type. Is that what drew you here: a chance to set the world aright?" He might take himself a little too seriously, but he looks dependable. Wouldn't want to alienate him during a job like this.

As he's speaking, a wave of wolf-musk washes over The Green Man and he turns to find Matthias standing there. The wolf is next to him. The Green Man grins a little uneasily. He's never been particularly good with animals, and dogs seem to instinctively dislike him. Maybe wolves will be different...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Absalom, the Stormcaller

Absalom listens as Radley introduces himself and his companion known as the Green Man. However, his eyes keep shifting to the man standing beside them. Never did Absalom meet a being radiating so much goodness. The presence of such an individual in this region, at this time, couldn't simply be a coincidence.

Turning back towards the merchant, Absalom replies :

"I was part of a special unit of the military, once, and I trusted my officers with my life. However, the situation is dire, and most of the army, including the Order of the Golden Knights, has been crushed." He paused, his expression darknened by this thought. "In that case, individuals such as you and I may be the final line of defense against the enemy."

Then the bugbear talked, and Absalom took a moment to examine him from head to toe.

"I am not a specialist in the matter, I do not claim to know of the Gods and their plan, if such thing exists. I only hope my efforts aren't in vain. I have been seeking able and experienced people to lead an attack against the lich for quite some time. I am well aware of the risks of such an entreprise... I'm not sure if that makes me a hero, a fool or a little of both. But the truth is, I can't stand doing nothing. I was gifted with powerful magicks. What good are those powers if I can't make an impact on the world?"

As Absalom finishes his speech, they are joined by three more warriors. The mage greets them in the most polite fashion, inviting them to come closer.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Amos does so, though as he speaks, he seems... distracted.

"I am a traveler, born an orphan, raised in a temple inn of Fharlaghn. This city is not my home, but I am willing to help do the right thing... and if I find what I seek in doing so, I will be glad for it. My name is Amos Omaril; I am not as skilled a warrior as some, but I am capable, and have my own few tricks to make up for what I lack. I also know much of magic," he looks at the mage with the golden helm and quickly adds, "Though I am no caster of such great power. I just know much, as well as what lore I may recall from my travels."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Radley

When Absalom gives his story, Radley look is one of sincere concern. "Condolences. I have no love of the government, but no dislike for those that bravely serve. It's good of you to push on."

After Amos says his bit, he pipes up again:

"It seems we're all making fast friends here, but one is awful quiet." For the third time, he looks at the Turban Man expectantly.

17. - Top - End - #17

The Green Man

"Fharlaghn. Huh. I didn't know he did temples. Must've been a little hard for the clerics, worshiping the open road but having to stay indoors and keep things in shape." The bugbear pauses for a second. "Say, it wasn't a cozy little hostel on the road to Calamdan, was it? Right next to the big, eerie forest? I think I might've stayed there once, a few years ago."
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-08-08 at 01:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Amos smiled a little, eyes sparkling a little bit at the prospect of someone with familiarity with his home.

"Well, those few clerics and other adherents to Fharlaghn who ran the temple and inn were all those were simply too old to continue their travels, or those who felt that one last journey on the open road would be less of a service to Fharlaghn than operating an inn and temple, where they could serve travelers and offer them prayers to the Wandering God. They kept it open and running at all hours, and anyone who called themselves "traveler" was welcome to stay, so long as they had a couple coins to spare to help ease the costs of running the inn, and a story or two to share by the fire."

The bard smiled hopefully, looking fully at the bugbear without a trace of disgust or consternation in his eyes that might be attributed to the common reaction to a bugbear.

"Does any of that sound familiar?"

19. - Top - End - #19

The Green Man

"That just about fits the bill. They were nice folks, too. Probably the only people I've met who'd put a bugbear up for the night, no questions asked. No preaching either, although they did keep asking me about my travels. At the time I thought they were just trying to be polite." He smiles, which is a little unsettling. It's probably meant as a friendly gesture, but his teeth are awfully sharp. "It's a small world, really. Nice to meet you, Amos."

Without missing a beat, The Green Man turns to look at the latest person to walk over and join their conversation. They're all coming out of the woodwork now. Someone whispers the magic word 'adventure' and all of a sudden there's men with flaming broadswords dropping out of the sky. Ah, well, I suppose it's better than the alternative. Besides, this guy looks like he's packing some serious heat.* With those wings, I wouldn't be surprised if he said his father was an angel.

"It's good of you to join us, uh..." He waits for the newcomer to supply a name.

Spoiler
    Show
    *"Packing heat" is a slang term sometimes used by young mages. It refers to the process of adding extra spheres onto a necklace of fireballs.
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-08-08 at 03:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

((wow, the campaign is going so smoothly, i almost don't want to ruin it with attack of the undead... oh well))

A zombie slowly saunters into town. Not a normal occurence by any means. It would normally be put down by the town guard, brought out of town and burned till little was left. But today, this symbolizes the start of something more, the spread of the hoard of the undead has reached the town of Durk. Several people look at the zombie and start crying out to it, it is was the innkeeper of the biggest inn within 10 miles of Durk. Many people are in tears, a pillar of the community has become one of the undead. What do you do?

21. - Top - End - #21

The Green Man

The Green Man immediately interposes himself between Radley and the former innkeeper. It might not move fast enough to be an immediate threat (although killing it in plain view could distress the community,) but it's a sure sign of things to come.

"If you can see one of them, that means there's bound to be a bunch more that we haven't noticed yet. My professional opinion is that we should leave town. Right now. But Radley, if you want to stay and help Durk evacuate, I won't stop you."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Matthias

Matthias pulls the brim of his hat slightly down, and then moves directly past Radley and his guard and walks directly into the zombie's path, Forge following close behind, snarling at the zombie the whole way. As he passes by the Green Man, he says, in his somewhat raspy voice, "The town needs to be evacuated." He doesn't appear the least bit frightened - or anything else, until a shadow of anger crosses his face, just for an instant. He begins talking softly to himself when he reaches an intercept point for the zombie, and anyone able to hear what he is saying will find that he is, in fact, quoting Pelorian scripture on the banishment and destruction of the undead, something about "Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust," and ends it with the typical closing for a prayer to Pelor. When he is done, he drums his fingers against the crossbow hanging from his shoulder, but what he's actually waiting for is for the zombie to get withing optimum throwing distance of his axe...

Should he remain uninterrupted until the zombie approaches within 20 feet, he will throw his axe at the zombie, aiming to kill.
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2008-08-08 at 07:59 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

((>.< Well, that teaches me to be out and about all day. XD))

Adun

The man is slow in replying to Egan's inquiry on his name and it as though he feels the presence of the undead long before it ever arrives within sight. With a troubled look he makes an elaborate bow to those that have gathered, "My name is Adun Ulhar, I-" How true his actual knowledge of the undead being nearby was impossible to know but he is one of the first to turn his eyes upon the shambling dead, interrupting his own introduction. With more pressing issues now at hand the brilliant light around him seems to literally burn the air around him as a corona of shimmering blue light flexes around him. The man acts almost without thinking. With a swiftness that seems to match or even surpass that of even the most highly trained runners he advances on the bloated corpse. In mere moments he is upon the undead thing and a surge of blue-white lightning blasts out from his fingertips as he crashes his palm into its chest. His voice echoes over the crack of thunder, "Foul powers that clutch this man, I damn thee back to hell. RELEASE HIM!" If nothing else, he's a sucker for the dramatic.

Mechanics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Land speed 50ft. Charge if necessary.
    Melee Touch Attack: (1d20+6)[11] +2 if charging
    Armguards of Disruption Damage: (6d6)[30] untyped, no save.

Incarnum:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soulmelds:
    [5] Armguards of Disruption: Disrupt Undead. Touch attack to deal 1d6+Ed6 damage. [Incarnum Focus grants +1 capacity]
    [3] Diadem of Purelight: 20+10Eft radius bright illumination, shadowy double. +2 to Spot within any light. Counted as spell level of E for purposes of interacting with magical Darkness.
    [Bound]: Negate less than Total Concealment in Bright illumination. Includes spells. Excludes Invisibility.
    [3] Pauldrons of Health: Immune to Disease, Sickened, Nauseated. +E enhancement to Fort saves.
    [0] Vitality Belt: +4 Morale on Con checks and Con based skill checks, but not Fortitude Saves. Gain one hit point per meldshaper level for each Essentia invested. (+10E HP) These are not temporary. Removing these Hit Points can stagger, render unconscious, or even kill Adun.

[2] Sapphire Sprint: Add 5Eft to speed. Retain Dex to AC while running. Add E insight to AC when leaving a threatened square.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-08-08 at 11:11 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

24. - Top - End - #24

The Green Man

He speaks up, addressing the townspeople nearby. "You guys might want to clear out of here. Grab only what you can carry and stay outta cities. I wouldn't worry about looters going through your left-behinds. The only people that are going to be left in these parts soon will be of the shambling sort." The Green Man blinks sharply against the flicker of lightening coming from Adun. "It looks like some of us are going to help keep the situation contained until you all can get away." Another few moments pass and the bugbear makes frustrated shoo-ing motions with his paws. "Go on. Go. Spread the word. And don't panic."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Absalom, the Stormcaller

Absalom steps up, his sickle in hand, thinking that a spell would be waisted on a lone zombie. He surveys the area, keeping his cool even if the scene is getting painful to watch. Looking at Matthias, then Adun, the mage determines that is priority is to oversee the evacuation. Thus, he approaches the villagers, shouting words of encouragement, helping the weak to evacuate. He keeps an eye on the zombie, ready to charge back in the fight if other creatures of the night show up behind him.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Harin

"Harin Storn" he added to the unfinished sentence of the savage looking man who was addressing him. "And yourself"?

Before he got a response an undead appeared close to them, the heart rending reaction of the townspeople nearby informing him that it had once been a well known and cared about man. But now it was him no more, merely a semblance of life in an empty shell.

Ready to draw his sword, it became immediately unneccesary as the the man who had just introduced himself as Adun Alhar lunged forward, wielding a form of lightning strike against the creature. Seeing that it was being dealt with, as was a swift evacuation by the knight in the Golden Helm, Harin turned his attention to another matter. From recent experience he knew that these abominations rarely moved around individually. So with a single powerful mvement he opened his wings and took to the air to check the surrounding area for others.

"If there is one there will probably be more. I will search the area and deal with any I find" he called to the group in general as he moved off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fly speed is 60ft. Moving just over head height (2 squares up) and will land to engage other undead if he sees any. Others can join him if they wish.
    Spot (if needed)(1d20+6)[26]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Amos watches the zombie's appearance impassively, though sadness radiated in his grey eyes. The townsfolk nearby were likely already wearied, and surely many were not fit to travel... but Amos knew a song that just might help. He only knew the words in their original Elven, though he also knew a similar song in Dwarven... but the Dwarven song was far too somber, and altogether unfitting to the situation. Moving toward the villagers, Amos aims his talents more toward those villagers that seemed especially sorrowful or panicky, hoping to uplift their spirits and inspire hope with the power of music.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's a Perform check; if you need me to be using actual Bardic Music for this, I guess... we can call it an Inspire Courage attempt? I'm really not sure...

(1d20+22)[26]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Adun makes a valiant attempt but misses. The zombie tosses his head back and lets out a strange loud groan and attempts to bite Adun. (1d20+5)[19]

There are some other zombies coming down the road.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Adun
    HP: 87/87 AC: 25 T: 13 FF: 21 Init: (1d20+4)[18] Land Speed: 50ft
    [+5 AC all vs Undead]

The zombie's skull smashes against a brilliant surge of white-blue light that repels him/it but even without this barrier it seems as though the warrior would have easily been able to dodge away from the beast. The desert warrior lashes out with his other hand in a backhand accompanied by another brilliant surge of light.

Mechanics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Midnight Dodge declared on Zombie Innkeeper, +2 Dodge AC
    Melee Touch Attack: (1d20+6)[21]
    Armguards of Disruption Damage: (6d6)[22] untyped, no save.

Incarnum:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soulmelds:

Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-08-10 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Misplaced tag

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Matthias

Matthias shifts his focus to the new approaching zombies. He pulls out his crossbow with near-supernatural speed and fires into the approaching undead crowd, switching targets in between each shot.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Range increment: 180

Heavy Repeating Crossbow +1 Ghost Touch. Favored Enemy Undead adds +4 to hit and damage, although I might be wrong about the hit bonus. If I am, subtract 4 from the to-hit rolls.

Crossbow Attack 1: (1d20+22)[38]
    Crossbow Attack 2: (1d20+22)[37]
    Crossbow Attack 3: (1d20+17)[26]
    Crossbow Attack 4: (1d20+12)[13]
    Damage 1: (1d10+5)[11]
    Damage 2: (1d10+5)[15]
    Damage 3: (1d10+5)[6]
    Damage 4: (1d10+5)[11]